PM to join [Dust Bed Ridge]Society and Relations, Part One(Noaru)

How does one teach a hermit about the psychology of society?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Dust Bed Ridge]Society and Relations, Part One(Noaru)

Postby Shiyami on April 11th, 2014, 2:01 am

7th of Spring, 7th Bell, 30th Chime

Shiyami sighed, as he 'sat' with his legs crossed, on the edge of the cliff, looking out at the expanse of water that was in front of him. The view was rather enjoyable, with the sun rising up, bathing the waters with a red-orange glow. He wasn't the only one gazing, however. To his right, was his adopted daughter Kimi, still keeping her more older appearance, blue eyes taking in the view.

On his lap however, was the newest addition to his family, if one could even call it as so. Kichi sat in his lap, with her hands out, twirling and fiddling with the whatever was in her reach, whether it be his mask, his cloak, tips of Kimi's hair, etc. her gold eyes continued to shift between the surroundings, with the curiosity of a child that she was.

The oldest ghost sighed once again. "Peaceful days such as these...I truly wish they would continue forever...", he whispered to himself, his kind drifting back to the other two ghosts who was accompanying with him towards Sahova. The old, her,it like ethereal, Noaru, and his brother, the ever clumsy Ruvyn.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on April 12th, 2014, 2:31 am

“ The sun, like every aspiration, shall rise upon our and the worlds horizon, eternally. ”

Noaru’s voice emerges from the fleeing darkness and shadows before his form did. The black soulmist, hugging his soul and consciousness, flows freely around him and turns into a dull grey color. He appears, seemingly from the nothingness of the air, donning an old grey cloak with its edges being torn, as though it had been worn down and beaten by time and the elements. Noaru himself was different—he was younger and shorter than before, his appearance matching that of a preteen boy. The two longest portions of his cloak flow from around his neck, resembling a scarf that was being blown and played with by the wind.

He has pale hair that approached between the colors of white and grey—with grey eyes in this form: which represented the beginning and the struggle that all things have with time. Noaru looks at the sunrise with Shiyami, Kimi and Kichi, knowing that he would remember this day for the rest of his eternity. He enjoyed this journey with Shiyami and his family: which allowed him to see the bond they shared with one another. Noaru looks down into the sea: that crashed against the cliff face below. He wonders when it will be his time— the time where a family will arise and fill in the gap within his soul.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on April 14th, 2014, 2:33 am

Shiyami hadn't turned around, but he could sense the familiar soul mist of the old Noaru behind, and hear his philosophical like words. "Indeed, the sun shall always be. Even when hiding amiss the darkness, it's influence disappeared.", he said, in response to the ancient ghost's words.

Kichi looked turned around, and looked over Shiyami's shoulder, before waving her small hand. "Ney, you feel like grandpa Noaru, but you look younger!", she called out, once again speaking without thinking over her words first, which only brought out a laugh from both Shiyami and Kimi.

Shiyami also glanced over his shoulder, before smiling. "Hey, have you ever wondered how, even though the population within a city have its problems, and conflicts against itself, the residents somehow bond back together, stronger than before? The wonders of society and their relations, wouldn't you agree?", he asked, while thinking back to the differences between Syliras four hundred and odd years ago, compared to the Syliras that he had left recently, of about a season ago.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on April 14th, 2014, 5:14 pm

“ It is as you say, little one—I’am myself yet different.”

Noaru looks at his hand and wonders how long it had been since he was able to take on a mortal form. The memories he had recovered were still hazy and incomplete. However, he was certain he learned how to change his appearance through many years of hardship and training. Noaru could see the transparency of his form was fading quickly: a sign of change. He felt stronger and better than he was before, knowing that his power would soon rise again and lead him closer to physical completion.

“I have not witnessed this in the cities, Shiyami. I recall siblings bickering and fighting amongst themselves, only to love one another again after their hate has faded. What are the wonders of society, will these wonders benefit me?”

Noaru remembers the cities he’s ventured into and the souls he met therein. He, never did he bother with interacting with the city. In the past, when all his memories were stripped from him and his body torn asunder, Noaru saw the cities and its inhabitants as pointless obstacles that he would come to encounter and come to forget in time. The only thing that was important to him back then was destruction, power and revenge. In that darkness, Noaru was no different than the ancient monsters in the primeval world long ago.

Noaru did not regret his actions of deceit and murder; they would serve as reminders, tormenting him without end: to show that he was no different than the things he hid from—that he was a monster, who was living as a ghost.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on April 22nd, 2014, 1:51 am

Shiyami raised an eyebrow, as he heard the old ghost's response. It was almost as if the ghost had lived for an untold number of years, dating before the Valterrian, in isolation, away from the general populace. Surprised as he was, Shiyami stayed silent for several chimes, before he could even think of how to respond to such a comment.

"The wonders of society would be the very fact that theirs bonds are either unaffected, or strengthen, even after the obstacles have arose between the populace. As how it would benefit you...that is...", he started to speak, before hesitating. He did not know how to explain the bonds, and how they could,be 'useful', to someone who hasn't known the use of the bonds.

Those bonds between friends and family, for someone who has been interacting with the populace, and the surrogate family, those bonds were just...there. Without needing any reasons to exist. It wouldn't feel the same, if it weren't for those bonds. But...how does those bonds benefit each other?

Before Shiyami could admit defeat to such a conundrum, little Kichi who sat in his lap, gave her opinion on the matters. "Friends and family are important!", were her cheerful words, her expression happy, without a trace of deception. That doesn't exactly answer his quest-ah, wait a tick! That could be it!, the older ghost thought to himself, before nodding.

"Yes, family and friends are important, because they help you more frequently than a stranger would. Also, instead of shouldering a burden yourself, that burden could be eased with the assistance of those close too you. And, if all else fails, you have someone who would listen to your problems, and help you forge on past those obstacles.", Shiyami explained, while petting the small girl in his lap as a silent thank you.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on April 25th, 2014, 5:15 pm

“”

There were bonds even in the cities it seemed. Noaru listened to Shiyami as he spoke of things he knew nothing of. He was starting the find cities interesting again, thinking that maybe he should take a stroll in Sunberth one day. Noaru didn’t like the atmosphere the city had and noticed how harshly they treated certain graves in the cemetery. He hadn’t seen many people walk from the city, which was a bad sign to Noaru. He enjoys watching the living going about and doing their various endeavors and since he couldn’t see the inhabitants of Sunberth and didn’t trust the city to well—Shiyami’s explanation would be able to remove his reluctance in time.

“Friends and family are important—that much I do know. But what if a burden stems over a thousand years: a said burden that was filled with anguish and melancholia. ”

Noaru couldn’t confess his burden; he would have to explain the whole of his existence or the pieces that he remembers. The rest is comprised of old hatred filled memories of the Valterrian and the many years he spent torturing living and the dead alike. In the first two-hundred years after the Valterrian, Noaru was an entity that had lost all his memories and did what his instincts told him to do and that was to spread nothingness and desolation—his being, controlled and driven by the divine, burning tears of Ivak.

The God of Fire, Volcanism and Emotional Upheaval!

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on April 28th, 2014, 2:12 am

Both Shiyami and Kimi react with surprise at Noaru's words, with the former raising an eyebrow, and the latter turning her head to look at the old ghost. The only one unaffected was Kichi, who only laughed, clapped her hands together, and cheerfully commented, "Noaru is old, grandpa old! Older than Shiyami here~!", and pointing at the cloaked ghost she was sitting on, to prove her point.

Shiyami blinked his eyes, before shaking himself of his surprise. He knew the ethereal was old, but he was only joking when he mentioned a thousand years. Remembering that he was asked a question, Shiyami pondered once more, taking more time than he would have preferred too.

After about forty and three ticks, Shiyami hesitantly gave the best answer he could give. "For a thousand years...it would be possible with someone who has also lived for nearly the same amount of years. However, to find such a person, would be quite the effort.", he explained, before shrugging. "As for a person who's lived possibly about a decade or so, it would still be possible, but you would have to explain your burden to them slowly, allowing them to understand, and then empathize with you.", he added as an extra piece of advice, before sighing.

"Though it might be odd, but perhaps even someone like you could date a person who is of a fraction of your age. Probably.", Shiyami remarked on the whim, while internally amusing himself over such an idea.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on May 10th, 2014, 11:55 pm

“”

Noaru nods at the little one called Kichi. He was indeed older than Shiyami and most beings walking amongst the cities of men and mortals alike. Only the gods of the aspects he dwelled in could tell his true story, as if he tried to do so now: a soul would only gain a fragment of the ethereal visage they looked upon. There was a moment of silence: a chime or so before Noaru responds to Shiyami. The things he spoke of were becoming familiar to him—family, understanding and empathy.

“Allow someone to understand and empathize with me…”

Noaru allowed Shiyami’s words to echo within his mind but finding that someone to understand him—nigh impossible. He would have to show that poor soul his memories: images of agony and death, screams of the people he tormented and the darkness he suffered during the Valterrian. Noaru lowers his head in despair, was there really someone out there who would understand him? He would want that soul to be someone who’s not extravagant and leading a normal life: an individual devoid of skills within magic but was capable of handling themselves well against most, if not all odds.

Noaru would cast aside his days of wandering and rest quietly within that persons home. This was all that he wanted: a quiet family and a peaceful home to spend his days in. He would try to relive the same life he had before the Valterrian: a life without darkness—devoid of monsters and beasts. A life he could tell his companion of all his days of adventure and all his nights of melancholia and solitude. Noaru would wander this world and gain the powers he needed to find this person Shiyami spoke of—the one he could explain his burdens to—the one that who would understand him and one he could empathize with.

“This date concept you speak of will it be useful to me?”

Shiyami was a weird soul to Noaru; he spoke of strange things this day.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Caela Dorin on August 24th, 2014, 11:15 pm

Grade Awarded

Shiyami

Lores
Lore Earned
The Importance of Friends and Family
Noaru: 1000 years old!

Noaru
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Materialisation 1

Lores
Lore Earned
A Family Would Fill the Void in my Soul
The Importance of Friends and Family

Additional Comments

What an unusual thread. I do now have an image of a ghost version of speed dating in my head now though, thanks for that. :P

Please edit or delete your grade request and PM me if you have any questions or concerns about your grade.

x
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)