Completed Wounds, broken bones... "NEXT!"[Job thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Wounds, broken bones... "NEXT!"[Job thread]

Postby S'Essy on April 16th, 2014, 8:53 am

AV 514, Spring 2nd

Treating injuries was never the same for S'Essy. Not just because that every injury was different but because every patient was different as well. It was always interesting how patients deal with their pain... or with their medic. Somehow this work really showed some people true nature and S'Essy could see how some of their minds were working. And that was also a great way for her to learn how to deal with them. She always tried to be understanding towards them. Even if it was the most annoying person she had ever met. For her luck now it wasn't the case. She was treating a human girl who was with her mother. She just finished with them and said good bye as they were thanking her. The pleasent patient the more pleasent the healer be. "Eat a lot fish! Believe me it can help!" She added as they were stepping out from the door.

She was at the first floor, treating the badly injured ones. She also arrived early this morning. She just woke up earlier than usual. But she didn't mind to come here infact she was happy for her workplace. She found anything and anyone she wanted if needed. Probably another reason for her that she loved healing because it also involved something exciting. Not always of course. She waited a chime or two but no one really entered. No wonder it was early morning. She checked the floor though. She stepped out and looked around. And she saw a man who was carried by two other. It was serious. She didn't see what was with him because she quickly invited them to the room. "Here here! Lie down him here!" She was pointing at the bed. They did, the man was in great pain but he was still conscious at least. She saw a big wound at his stomach. Also her arm was bended.

"Okay help me lift his torso a bit, we have to get off his shirt." She said and she was also helping to make sure they were doing it the right way. She didn't want to cause more pain than he had already. "Careful, careful! Yes.." They raised him a bit and S'Essy took off the shirt. She could see the wound now. It looked really deep and serious. "Okay let him down." said that and she was pondering for a second.. "We have to go. Hang in there Roy!" said one of them but she didn't really pay attention to them. They left the Konti and Roy alone. S'Essy couldn't wait too much. She had to stop the bleeding and clean the wound. She carefully placed both of her hands on this wound closed her eyes and focused.

She felt as Rak'keli's power going through her. She was mending his wound, the bleeding stopped. Also it didn't look as bad as before. The chance for a dangerous threat was eliminated. Also because of her gift, she knew he had bond. He was a drykas, he had a strider. She opened her eyes and pulled off her hands from the wound. Though it didn't look as bad, it was still not pretty and she had to treat it somehow. But she had time now and could do it peacefully. While she grabbed a clean rag to clean her hands she could talk with her. "Do you feel any better?" She asked kindly and smiled at him. "Somewhat..." he answered, but S'Essy saw that his face wasn't twitching because of the pain.

As she wiped her hands, she threw the rag to the desk and sat down to the drykas. She was checking for more injury if he had any. There was only one more, it wasn't as big and deep. It was little, she could close it. She placed her hand there and as she was healing it she was talking with him. "So what happened? Erm.. Roy right?" He was just staring at the ceiling like she wasn't there. "Well! Don't you see?" He said. He was irritated, but S'Essy was not sure if because of her or because he got wounded. She was still polite and tried to ask it differently. "Oh, sorry my poor word choosing! I am not that good at Common, but I try. How did that happen then?" She was also still smiling. If the medic was calm, the patient might be calmer too.

Last edited by S'Essy on April 20th, 2014, 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 16th, 2014, 9:34 am

He answered but it was like muttering himself. She could hear training and akalak. She didn't need more to understand. The training gone... wrong. The akalak or the drykas or both of them went too far. She knew that akalaks are really strong. Anybody could tell by just looking at them. No wonder the wound was that deep. She cured the little cut too and saw no more open wound other than the one she had healed already. It was time to move back to that one. "Maybe it wasn't the smartest move to not clean it and not wrap it with cloth first but.." She sighed. "Also making him lay down wasn't the best idea either. Idiot!" Even if it was only morning, she could think more clearly than this.

Awkwardly but her hand went under his back and pushed a little. "Can you sit up?" she asked him and slowly he was trying his best to sit up. S'Essy was holding his body to not move anyway which could cause more pain. She also stood up to find cloth to wrap it around him and a little medicine to clean the wound. She found the bottle and the cloth. Other medics could make for her as she was just learning how to create them. She went back to him, put down the cloth and she was pouring from the medicine on her hand. "Okay this will not be a pleasent feeling but I want to be sure that the wound be clear." She said and with her hands she was putting the medicine on his wound.

A little Ssssh, she heard from him. She was pouring it all over there and then closed the bottle. She didn't want to put the cloth right away, she eximaned one more thing his arm. He was keeping it close to his chest. "Your arm? What's the problem with it?" she asked and with her right hand she held his upper arm and with his left hand she held his lower arm. "I can't move it. It hurts." She was suspecting that it was broken, but she had to be sure. She held his upper arm strongly to not move it and just slightly she moved the lower arm down. He pulled it back. Then she pushed it up a little. He pulled it back again.

It was indeed broken. She couldn't do anything with her healing with that. "You had quite a training." She was joking but no answer. Well she tried and was still smiling. She grabbed more clothes. She grabbed his hand which he could move then took it to hold his own arm."Keep it there." S'Essy was wrapping it around his arms strongly to keep it still but was also careful to not do it so tightly because it didn't do any good for him. She was wrapping it around his shoulders too and then knit it. She checked if it's solid enough to keep it still. Yes it was. "Just one more thing to take care of now."

It was enough time to wait for the medicine and for the wound... and for the patient. But she thought that she has done a great job with it. With the other cloths she wrapped his torso around. She was again careful to not do it too tightly. "Is it good? Tell me if it's too tight." Roy calmed down and shook his hand. "No, it's perfect." She was right, if the medic is calm, the patient will be calmer too. Her arm went around his torso and with her other hand she held his hand. She helped him to stand up. "Okay, so... You have to obviously rest a lot and you can't fight or train for long time. That doesn't mean that you have to sleep and sit all day but you have to condiser what you are able to do and what not. Anything else I can do for you?"

Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 20th, 2014, 8:51 am

"No.. No thank you! I'll have to go now." He gave a little smile too. S'Essy was still with him while he walked to the door slowly. But she also helped him go downon the stairs. He surely didn't mind as he didn't ask her to let go and he didn't push her away. Slowly, one by one they were going down to the lobby where she let him go. "Get better! I don't wanna see you here later!" she was joking with him. As he was walking out from the place, S'Essy turned back and ran back to the first floor, she got more work to do. Again the feeling never changed when she succesfully helped for a life. It was statisfying.

She saw another Konti who was there, but she knew that Konti wasn't Rak'keli marked one. She could finally speak in their own language perhaps. "Do you need help?" She asked from behind in Kontinese. The other woman turned back, she was smiling and nodded. S'Essy invited her to her room for assistance. She was suprised that many injuries happened in the morning. People were active this morning... maybe too much activity was going in Riverfall. She entered after her.

"So good morning! I'm S'Essy, how can I assist you? " she asked her right away. The woman pulled up her shirt and S'Essy could see a long cut on her side, which didn't seem so deep but must be hurtful. "I'm Lea, and that is my problem." S'Essy kneeled down and looked the wound closer. As she thought, it wasn't bleeding and wasn't deep either. She was thinking to clean that wound for a moment. But she didn't find it necessary, she could close it completely with her healing for Lea's luck. She looked up to her. "It won't take a long time then, hold still!"

She placed her hand on the wound again carefully to not push it. Then with Rak'keli power she had healed it. The wound closer and disappeared from her, it was nevermore. "I'm grateful S'Essy, finally I don't have to endure it." She thanked her and S'Essy smiled back at her. "Just be careful next time please!" She said and Lea did a few leaning to her sides. She didn't feel anything, she was fine. With that she waved her hand and left S'Essy alone.

S'Essy found herself a chair to sit down for a bit. It was tiring. She didn't so much but still healing wasn't the easiest job but she thought she was fit enough for it. But she needed just few chimes to get herself up again. She closed her eyes, took a big breath and blew it out. The day hasn't started yet and more will come and she had to be ready for it. And if the morning was that busy who knew what the middle of the day held for her... for the center.

She openned her eyes and with that she jumped up from the chair and let that her energy go through her. She musn't stop or it will be hard to start it again. She placed the cloth and her medical bottle back to the table where she could get them easily. She also grabbed rag and leaned down to the floor. There were little blood spots and she wiped them off. She didn't want anyone to slip on them or see them, she didn't want to scare off her patients afterall it would be terrible. And as she did, she placed that rag away, maybe later she could still use it. She turned to the door and headed there. She openned it. "NEXT!"

ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 20th, 2014, 12:05 pm

But this time she was asked. From another room a man was shouting to her. "I NEED HELP S'ESSY COME HERE!" She turned her head there. "Coming coming Dale!" she ran over there and entered his room. She couldn't image what was the problem if he really needed someone. As she entered the room she saw it. An unconscious akalak was lying there, all over his body deep wounds, injuries and he was bleeding. "For our goddess' healing power?!" She shouted and kneeled to him immedieatly. Also Dale invited another healer to help.

They were all kneeling and placed their hands on him and started to heal his wounds to stop bleeding. "What's with everyone this day?" She asked while she was focusing to borrow power from Rak'keli domain to resolve the life-threating situation. "Spring has started..." said the other healer. Then Dale spoke to them and gave orders. "Okay... he will be still unconscious for a while but I think his state is better. You!" he pointed at the other healer. "Get something, we need to clean his wounds. S'Essy, you and I examine if he has anything else with him." They both nodded and the other healer ran to grab some.

S'Essy was going through his body with Dale. She wasn't expert in akalak's anatomy so it was hard to tell if anything was wrong. His skin was dark blue, there weren't any places where it's skin color would be different which she thought is normal then. Only those wounds which were deep and not pretty to look at. She was trying to check his heartbeat. She placed her fingers on his neck, trying to find the spot where she could feel it.

She indeed found it. His heartbeat was fast wasn't sure if because of the injuries or akalak's heartbeat should be that fast. Neverless she didn't find it too fast to worry about. She also placed her ear on his chest to check his breathing. It seemed normal. Slow, deep breaths. She took her heads away as the other healer arrived. "Okay his breathing seems normal, her heart beats fast but not extremely, I don't think we have to worry about that." she reported and Dale nodded and they both stood up from him. They let the other healer to clean his wounds.

He turned to her. His voice sounded calmer. "We can take it from here now. I don't think there will be any more problems. Thanks! Take a rest and get back to your room." S'Essy nodded. "Anytime, just.. tell me if I'm needed again. Hopefully he gets better. Do we know what happened?" he shoke his head slowly. "No. I didn't really have time ask when they brought him here. I guess you understand. Anyway as I said, a little rest then go back to work." He patted her back and with that he went back to his room. She did what he said. She really needed a break she was already tired. Just a chime resting or maybe a bell. Or at least she dreamed that she had a bell to rest.

ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Ragdoll on June 15th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Grading in progress!
Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ragdoll on June 15th, 2014, 7:54 pm

You've Been Graded!

Skills
Skill Points
Medicine 4
Observation 3
Socialization 2
Leadership 1

Lores

• Pain Brings Out the Worst in People
  • Love of Working
  • Riverfall: Lots of Activity
  • Using Rak'keli's Mark to Close Wounds
  • Akalak Anatomy
  • Medicine: Repairing Major Wounds
  • Medicine: Stopping Bleeding
  • Medicine: Cleaning Wounds
  • Medicine: Binding Broken Bones
  • Medicine: Bandaging Wounds
  • Medicine: Checking Breathing
  • Medicine: Finding a Heartbeat

Comments

Great job thread. I would've liked to see more detail in your descriptions of S'Essy's actions, though. Keep up the excellent writing!

Don't forget to edit your grading request! Though I try my hardest to award you what you deserve, I may occasionally mess things up! If there's something you'd like to discuss about your grade, then please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll be happy to work things out with you.
Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes