Jars and People (Nilika)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Jars and People (Nilika)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 21st, 2014, 5:17 am

80th of Spring, 514 AV

Anna blinked as she looked over the notes before her, tapping her brush lightly and pondering exactly what the process before her was telling her. So far the tests had been semi-successful and she had found at least some purpose to spend some of her funds on. Still, it was not ready to present to her superiors by a long shot. After all, the success ratio was anything but perfect and some test subjects ended up simply imploding in upon themselves. She had also yet to discover a reversal to the state the subjects found themselves in, so at the moment compared to her other research it was still just a trifling fancy.

The tall sorceress was dressed rather commonly; a tunic, trousers, and boots adorned her body as she sat in a small side room set aside for this bit of research. Beyond the far door was her personal quarters, a large a lavish affair that was really. In the center of the side room upon the floor, restrained and within a chalk circle, was a naked human male that was groaning slight to indicate the drugs were still in effect. Anna rather disliked shrieking test subjects; they tended to ruin her concentration in matters of magic. Thus she had found that gags or drugs tended to be the most effective method to dealing with that.

Sighing, the sorceress closed her journal and shrugged her shoulders, figuring that this one would surely fair better than the last six subjects. It was getting to the point where she was pondering just scrapping the whole little side project and terminating the subjects still living, or at the least sell them off to get some amount of her Miza back. The sorceress stood from the chair and moved to start pacing around the test subject as she examined the Glyphs. Those Morphers certainly knew their stuff, though it still was still unreliable. In all likelihood this one would simply leave another mess to clean up.

“Starting trial number 57, Test Subject 38F is the subject this time.” The sorceress said, stooping towards the Trigger Glyph and touching it with her index finger.

The Trigger then activated and the Glyph that contained the magic within the circle released it, effecting change upon the man’s body almost immediately. This whole mad idea had stemmed from her encounters with Pycon, which were easy to store and conceal and took up little space. So she figured why not try the same results on other people instead, it seemed a nice side project to keep her mind sharp when she hit a standstill in other pursuits. Instead it was a headache really, rather irritating at that and a waste of her time.

The man’s form shifted and twisted in upon itself, condensing and the sound of bones grinding together filled the air as the process continued. It was an ugly thing to look upon but it was not painful from what she had observed, that at least was true if it worked correctly. Amazingly it appeared to work correctly this time and the sorceress could not help but smile. So trial number 57 was a success at the very least and now in the center of the circle was a tiny three inch tall human male, still drugged to groggy incoherence.

The dark haired woman reached down carefully and plucked the test subject up, moving back over to the desk. He looked just as he had previously as she handled him between her fingers none to gentle, which might very well be part of the problem. Perhaps instead of focusing upon maintaining their physical identity she should instead focus upon turning them into other creatures? Newts were small and easily contained after all; the same was true for most insect species. Though that still left the matter of reversal up in the air.

After recording her results she took up an empty jar from the corner of the desk and placed the test subject into it, marking the test subject’s designation upon the front of it and putting a lid over it. The lid possessed a small hole in the top to filter air in, a necessity she had discovered after her first subject had suffocated. That had been rather unfortunate, but trial and error went that way and this little side project was more error than trial.

The sorceress took up the jar and moved to a small closet, opening the door and bathing the room in light. Eleven other jars lined the wall opposite her, each one holding a living test subject that showed varied responses to her entrance. Some started striking the glass futilely, others shrank away as far as they could and others simply stared forlornly. Anna gave them no more regard or attention than she would any other test subject, simply placing the new jar down on the far right and staring at the now twelve subjects. Twelve out of 57, that was rather abysmal and only further cemented the idea of just shutting down the drain on resources one way or another.

The sorceress crossed her arms under her breasts as she pondered it, today’s trial had been a success but that did not mean the next time would be the same. It seemed to be a random thing and Anna hated random occurrences. Perhaps they had something medically wrong or right with them, so an examination might clear some things up. If she recalled correctly, the woman she shared this place with was a medical practitioner so perhaps she might have an opinion on the matter. It seemed worth a shot.

“Nilika! Do come here my dear; I want to ask your opinion on something!” Anna called out of the room, attempting to summon the Konti.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Jars and People (Nilika)

Postby Nilika on April 27th, 2014, 9:03 pm

Common | Kontinese

She had explored her new home, but didn’t find anything that could keep her busy for a long period of time. That was until she found the jars. It was completely by accident that she found them. It happened during one of the few times that Nilika went into the side room. A mischievous glint had entered her eyes as she looked around for something to mess with. She had found a closet and decided to open it. On the top shelve there were jars, but the teenager couldn’t quite see what they were. Jumping up, she saw something that resembled a human. Seeing that, the Konti went into the other and grabbed a chair. She stood upon it and looked at the jars filled with mini people.

Wonder had filled her face. She had paused momentarily to listen if her dear Anna had returned. Hearing nothing, her attention returned to the jar. It was a man in it that kept backing up. Nilika shook the jar a little and the man fell. She jumped off the chair careful not to disturb the person anymore. Putting it on the desk, she opened the lid and was about to pull him out. The other door in the living quarters opened. Nilika ran to the closet and shoved the jar back in place and left to greet her darling.

That was so many days ago that she wasn’t even sure that the man might even be alive. Webbed hands combed through white hair. A sigh left the being’s lips. She was completely bored at the moment. Annalisa was doing experiments again and the Konti didn't know what to do. Throwing herself on the bed, her black dress fanned out to further emphasize her small size. The dress was kind of big for her, but she didn't feel right in the robes. Turning onto her side, she looked at the door wondering if she should go in. Maybe she would want something to eat? A shout made the Konti pushed off the bed and speed walk to the side room’s door. Upon opening it, Nilika saw the woman with her crossed and intense in thought. “What is it,” she asked worryingly. Did she find out?
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jars and People (Nilika)

Postby Annalisa Marin on May 10th, 2014, 3:37 am

Anna smiled at Nilika’s entrance, turning grey eyes upon her and scanning over her form lazily as she walked closer. The dark haired woman often wondered if the Konti was comfortable with living upon the Island of the Undead, not only that but her lab was deep underground. It was certainly massive but it was also stifling at the same time given the way the shadows clung to the rocky walls and flickered in the magelight. The sorceress attempted to just shrug it off, the younger woman had said nothing to indicate discomfort so the human believed her comfortable enough. Besides, it wasn’t as though her domain was lacking for slaves and worldly things to suit the Konti’s needs or so Anna hoped.

Arms moved to wrap around the smaller woman, if permitted she would pull her close for a moment before releasing the hug. She was grateful for her presence really, it was comforting in a way but the sorceress was a little hesitant to go all out in her affections. There was always that voice in the back of her mind, that bit of paranoia that claimed that such a thing would be dangerous. Nilika was a nice enough girl, but still the voice was there and it was prominent.

“Good to see you as well, minnow. In any event, I was hoping you might lend you medical expertise in a matter of one of my experiments that has been long irritating me.” The sorceress explained at length, sweeping an arm to the shelf.

“I won’t bore you with the intricate magical details. Essentially I was looking for a way to easily store slaves and test subjects, as well as reduce maintenance costs associated with them, and then to return them to normal. Well, the first bit was… somewhat successful. A majority expired unfortunately; these would be those I managed to succeed in changing. I’ve yet to discover how to turn them back, since I’d rather refine the first process first.” Anna explained at length.

“I figured that perhaps these might be something physically right or wrong with them. So I figure I’d inquire after your experience.” The sorceress finished turning to the shelf and selecting one of the jars at random.

She picked it up, the movement sending the small woman inside tumbling over onto her back though the Chaon cared little. The woman simply removed the lid and tipped the device over, sending the dazed human woman tumbling out into her hand with a frightened squeak. With that she replaced the jar on the shelf and returned to Nilika and held her hand out to the Konti. The small human was clinging to her thumb for support and looked rather sick for all the rapid movement, her focus a little scattered at the moment.

“Here, you can take her. Be careful not to drop her, she probably would not survive the fall from here. We can use my lab table in the next room over; I have a knife there if you feel the need to check her anatomy as well. It’s up to you, naturally, minnow.” The sorceress offered, her tone clinical as it was obvious she felt nothing for the test subject.

She held her hand open for Nilika to take the test subject in her hand, who had recovered well enough from the little rough handling and was staring up at the Konti fearfully. Her arms wrapped a little tighter around Anna’s thumb, the bit about checking her anatomy obviously having not escaped her notice. Anna herself had long ago accepted the way of Sahova, others died in order to advance progress and that was the way of things. Simple as that.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Jars and People (Nilika)

Postby Nilika on May 16th, 2014, 1:58 am

Common | Kontinese

The Konti frowned at the way the wizard handled the tiny woman. Though, she may be a test subject did not mean that the woman wasn’t human. Nilika’s always wondered why she moved in with her friend in the first place. On a bigger note, why did she go to Sahova anyway? Now that her mind was on the topic, why didn’t she stay in Syliras or Mura. It was better off than being here with the undead being well…undead. She couldn’t really apply her medical knowledge here unless to help wounded subjects or slaves. A sigh ripped through her lips as she drew herself into deeper thoughts at hand. She made the decision on a whim about moving in; maybe it was the invitation to learn magic. Whatever it was, it didn’t matter in the present time at the moment.

A knife! Perhaps she didn’t need to go that far into investigating the problem. It was probably the matter of the body’s anatomy. Nilika offered a smile to the woman, hoping to not look intimidating to the little female. The teenager put her hand out, mumbling encouraging words to get the subject to walk over. Slowly, almost hesitantly, she did. She clung to the Konti’s thumb and looked back at the Wizard with fear. Nilika cupped her hands and started to walk back into the main room. Maybe being in the same room as Anna would be a bad decision at the moment.

As she walked into the other room, Nilika sat the mini person down onto a side table and pulled up a chair beside it. “So I just have a few question about you personally,” Nilika said softly. They were simple questions that didn’t need much thought. It was mostly for getting an image of what the Konti had on her hands. “What race is you,” she mumbled out in common. The test subject sat down and crossed her legs, “I’m human…Inarta if you must know.” The bigger of the two nodded and stored the info away, “What did you use to do when you were,” Nilika paused for a moment not wanting to offend the human. “Free,” she decided to settle on, even though she could see the small person twitch at the word.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets