[Featured thread] In Preparation

L'orlei spends the day preparing for her journey.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

In Preparation

Postby L'orlei on May 11th, 2014, 11:36 pm

"I.. I guess it's not so much that I want one, but I'm going to need one. I'm leaving the island soon, and I need a way to protect myself if.. if the worst should happen."

K'Sein nodded, and seemed to look L'orlei up and down, studying her closely. After a moment she gestured L'orlei to follow, and lead her over to a rack containing several suvai. Giving L'orlei another glance, she seemed to make her mind up about something and picked up one of the weapons.

It was a fine piece of work, even if L'orlei could not tell so herself. The horns wove together beautifully, and the hilt was wrapped in fine black leather. There was a bit of decorative engraving along the lower part of the three horns, though further up they were bare and polished white. K'Sein handed the suvai to L'orlei, hilt first, and the healer tentatively reached out to take it.

The weapon felt light in her hands, and she waved it about experimentally. She had no idea how to use a suvai, though she knew it to be one of the favored weapons of her people. More often than not, they were dual wielded, but L'orlei did not believe for a second she could accomplish such a feat.

"It's.. um.. a good weapon."

K'Sein smiled.

"Yes, it is. And I think it will be perfect for you, if you take the time to learn to use it. I've a gift for knowing these type of things. That's the weapon you want."

L'orlei glanced at K'Sein, considering her for a moment then looked back to the weapon. She had no doubt that K'Sein really did have a gift for such things. Most konti had some unique power, and it only made sense that K'Sein's would have something to do with weapons.

"Thankyou, K'Sein. I'll take it, and I promise I'll learn how to use it right."

With that, L'orlei's shopping was done for the day. After a quick stop for lunch, she made her way back home. She was tired, probably from practicing the reimancy, and intended to take a nap before heading out to work. If she could earn a few mizas before the day was over that would be nice, but if she overslept.. well, that would be nice too.

~End

Purchases :
Suvai - 15gm

Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

In Preparation

Postby Traverse on May 20th, 2014, 5:53 pm

L'orlei

Experience:

• Bartering 2
  • Endurance 1
  • Meditation 2
  • Planning 2
  • Reimancy 3
  • Socialization 2

Lores:

• Clyde: A Large Part of the Desire to Leave Mura
  • Res: Responds to Verbal Commands as Well as Gestures
  • Reimancy Technique: Shaping Your Res
  • Reimancy Technique: Transmuting Res
  • Bartering: Difficult Without an Item Reference

Additional Notes :
I trust you to remove everything from your CS, and I like that you overpaid for the chest, so I awarded 2 points in bartering vs. 1,great novice work!

If you feel I left anything out send me a PM, I'm excited to see L'orlei finding her way in the world!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous