Flashback [Guest ST] Jumping Snakes

Aka finds herself beset by a series of unfortunate events...or does she?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Guest ST] Jumping Snakes

Postby Aoren on April 28th, 2014, 5:09 pm

42nd of Summer, 507 AV
13th Bell

It was a beautiful summer day in the Bronze Woods. The forest that rested at the base of the Cobalt Mountains was quite blessed by Sivah, Lord of Summer and Excess. Indeed, he seemed to have lived up to his name this season as it was proving to be quite luscious and appealing. The birds were singing, the bees were buzzing, the bears were milling about tending to their cubs. All was as it should be in the forest save for one, sultry person.

Finnius Dink, a man of dubious nature and even more dubious character, was sulking in the woods. He wasn’t exactly an attractive human. He was short, lanky, and most likely was outweighed by a sack of grain unless he was soaking wet. Finnius was a man who was utterly and completely dissatisfied with his lot in life. The only problem? He couldn’t seem to rise above it no matter what he did. Well, he was determined to change that on that warm summer day. At present he was kicking up the dirt on the ground with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his tatty leather vest with a very disgruntled look on his face. This might be attributed to the fact that he was sporting a bruised forearm and quite a few scratches on his legs.

Stupid jerks,” Whom was he referring to? Perhaps it was the people who had scuffed him up.”…all they do is make fun of me and laugh. I’ll show them. I will be something. I can do it.

A sly smile stretched across his face and he whipped out a dagger, a very dull and pathetic looking thing, jaunting forward brandishing the blade.

Take that! Haha! You think you can defeat the mighty…uhh…” Finnius halted. He pondered the wisdom in making an imaginary introduction to an imaginary enemy using his real name. He deflated for a moment as he considered a dastardly and intimidating alias for himself. When it struck him he perked up and sashayed forward flailing his dagger.

Haha! Take that! You think you can defeat the mighty, Bronze Bandit! Mwahaha!” He swung his dagger wide only to knock his hand against the trunk of a tree. Finnius yelped and dropped the dagger rubbing at the back of his hand. He glared at the tree before sighing and picking up his dagger.

So much for being a daring and dastardly bandit. I can’t even fight imaginary enemies right.” Tucking the dagger back into his belt he sauntered onward kicking up the dirt only to get a face full of it. The young man coughed and sputtered waving the cloud of earth out of his face. The distraction proved too much as his feet found their way over to an outcropping of gnarled roots. As he was coughing he tripped over the roots but in a surprising display of dexterity the young man rolled with the fall springing to his feet. He was still a bit wobbly but otherwise fine. When his throat had cleared of all the dust he huffed and continued his walk.

It was then that Finnius heard the snap of a twig and an exclamation. He dropped into a crouch as he approached a less dense part of the forest. As quietly as he was able he crept up to a group of bushes peaking over the tops of the leaves to witness a very odd sight. There, just beyond the bushes stood a figure. For a moment he just watched the figure. It was most definitely a woman…or a girl. Either way, he watched what she was doing with interest for a few moments then felt a tickling on one of his hands. Looking down he saw a rather large spider crawl across the back of his hand.

Finnius shouted in surprise and fear jumping back flailing about flinging the spider away from him. He jumped over the bushes darting away from where he’d encountered the arachnid panting heavily. He froze then turned slowly coming face to face with the girl.

Shyke.” Shyke was right.

PermissionPermission to Guest Moderate received from the HD, courtesy of Traverse.

NoteYay! Shenanigans! Here's hoping this proves to be a fun-filled and delightful thread for both of us, Aka.
Last edited by Aoren on May 9th, 2014, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[The Bronze Wood] Jumping Snakes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 2nd, 2014, 6:14 pm

OOCOf course! Let's have some fun! Thank you for honoring me with this thread, Aoren! :D

It was another hot summer day in the temperate forest of the Bronze Woods, just outside the stone coffin city of Syliras, and for a cold-blooded race like Aka, this was utmost bliss for her. The diminutive female Viper could be seen lounging on a clearing, laying her back on a rather flat rock, spreading her limbs apart as she took in Syna's warm embrace. The Viper also wore a dark robe tied with a simple red sash, the shaded nature of her clothing made the heat easier to absorb for her pale skin.

"Sss~" Aka hissed in bliss, raising her human-formed right hand to cover her eyes as she slightly opened it, scarlet slits looking at the leaves and trees, such a strange foreign land. Very different from her dry desert home of Eyktol, yet... she couldn't find herself disliking it. In this warm summer, the smell of leaves and grasses felt nice, she could just lay there... and sleep. So caught up in her trance, Aka didn't hear the distant sound of a male voice shouting to himself. The Viper was off in her own little paradise.

"...?" However, when the Viper heard a twig snapped right behind her, she jolted up, someone was approaching her? An animal, a hunter, Ser Urisu, or... Nathaniel? She truly hoped it was one of the few people she knew in Syliras. Galbern, her Nuit mentor, was obviously out of the question, he was too busy spending time discussing complicated stuffs with some guy named 'Devan' or something, Aka didn't care much. Though she wielded Reimancy, she would be fitting to be called an 'acrobat' more than a 'wizard'. She utilized her fire mainly for combat and not much else... and if this stalker turned out to be hostile, was the perfect time to use it, she had been aching for a while.

Aka whipped her head at the bushes, her long twin ponytails fluttering about, crimson slitted eyes jeering at it, then... the being decided to reveal itself. "!?" Aka was ready to draw her res but what showed up wasn't exactly up to her expectations, it was a man, a human male most likely, s skinny one... and short, much like Aka herself, but his reactions and movements looked slow. Of course, he was shouting and jumping, all in all making a fool of himself. Aka sighed though, she lost the mood to nap anymore, this man ruined it, like an annoyed young teen, Aka stepped down from the rock then stomped over to the man, short man, but still taller than herself, she looked up at him, reptilian gaze clearly showing annoyance, "What were you doing?" She interrogated him at first sentence, "Don't you sssee I wasss napping, fool?" Aka then huffed arrogantly, crossing her arms over her chest, "Ha, I ssshouldn't expect much from humansss anyway... now ssscram, before I'll ssset fire on your assss!"

How quaint of her, this was why people often portrayed her as an annoying brat, she was an annoying brat.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[The Bronze Wood] Jumping Snakes

Postby Aoren on May 9th, 2014, 9:31 pm

I..uh…you see…” Finnius had nothing. He couldn’t think of a single excuse as to why he had been spying on the dark haired young woman. The thin, pale skinned young girl’s scarlet eyes bored into him. He felt as if he truly were about to catch on fire so he did the first thing that came to his stunned brain. He jumped back, brandished his dagger flailing it back and forth in a miniscule display of bravado.

Stay back! I-I’ve got a knife! Don’t make me use it!” While on a good day Finnius might have been able to appear as threatening as a ravenous snail, he was in no way an actual danger to the Dhani reimancer. No, if anything his antics were rather laughable. His keen ability to point out the obvious fact that he was indeed wielding a sharp dagger was the pinnacle of worldly observations. How menacing he must have appeared with his dagger extended in a wobbly grip, his shoulders slightly hunched and a wide-eyed fearful look on his face.

Look, I’ll…uhh…I’ll just be going now. Sorry to bother you. Don’t mind me!” And with that he turned kicking up a bit of dirt and sand as he did. For an awkward young man he certainly had to pep to his step. He ran speedily managing to avoid tripping over his own two feet with surprising agility. If there was one thing that Finnius had gotten good at, it was running. He had been forced to get good at it. With all of his botched escapades and terribly unfortunate accidents the young man had been positioned to acquire a very specific set of skills apt for making a quick escape.

He was darting across through the small clearing where the Dhani had been resting, dodging branches and vaulting over a tangle of gnarled roots. Despite his lack of passive awareness it seemed the young man was quite fluid when focused in his movements. While he certainly couldn’t surpass the Dhani in terms of speed he showed a bit more finesse in the in which he applied his momentum.

All of this was for naught however when, as Finnius looked over his shoulder to see if Soshakuakamamushi was following him, he ran headlong into the trunk of a tree. The loud, deep thud of his impact against the trunk was quite audible even at a distance. His dagger flew from his hand dropping harmlessly into the dirt. A few of the leaves shook but the tree otherwise stood resolute. Finnius himself was winded. His head was ringing. His torso ached. It was a miracle he hadn’t been impaled by a low hanging branch.

How do you not see a tree, Fin? How!?” He silently chided himself. Slowly he slid down the trunk landing on his back stirring up a cloud of dust and dirt as he fell. The whole world was spinning. His head ached. There were bright lights popping in and out of his vision. He groaned though it was more of a mildly louder than normal wheeze. When the whole world finally stopped spinning and he could catch his breath, Finnius opened his eyes certain that death would be smiling down at him.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 10th, 2014, 4:18 pm

"Hmmm?" The female Viper put her hands to her hip as her reptilian gaze scrutinized the human male, her right foot tapping in an obvious gesture of impatience and annoyance. He better explained good or she would be feeding his roasted flesh to the wolves. When the bumbling fool jumped back, Aka quirked an eyebrow, he was... fast, he was quick, even for a human, in fact, that jump just now could possibly outmatch her, a Viper Dhani, in terms of agility. That display of agility only riled the Viper further as she felt envy and pride mixing in with her annoyance, how could a human perform such a jump? They should be lesser than glorious Dhani! Aka hiss-growled as her hands fingers flexed, now really considering to burn him, or at least, burn his ass so he could run around in circles trying to stave off the flames.

When he brandished the dagger, that was the last straw, Aka took a step back, but the initial surprise dimmed down as she screamed at him, "Oh yeah! Well I got sssomething elssse! You better have sssome water, no, lotsss of water, caussse you are going to need i-!!" Her sentence was interrupted when the cowardly human bolted away from the location... by Siku, he was fast, really fast. Aka was not unfamiliar with the art of moving nimbly, that man was one of the fastest human she ever saw in her long life. "Gaaaaaaaaah!" No, she was not going to be ignored, she wanted explanations, she would chase him down, let him see the true power of a Viper Dhani. Aka flexed her legs as she too kicked up dirt and sand, her inherent Viper reflexes and speed allowing her to catch up with him.

"Waaaaait!" She managed an ultimatum between her breaths, Aka dove under a low-hanging branch, jumped over a root, and swiveled around a large tree trunk, but still, she couldn't gain fast on him, she couldn't believe it, usually chasing - or running away - from humans would be a piece of cake. But it seemed, fate was smiling on her as the man foolishly turned his head, allowing a particular tree trunk to embrace him with hard wood, a loud thud echoed in the clearing, followed by sounds of leaves rustling, and birds chirping away in panic. The Viper caught up to him and skidded to a stop, gasping for breath, "Ha... ha... y-you... haha... I told you... to wait, heh..." She hunched down to hold her chest, then took a deep breath then stomped to the dazed man.

Now that he was sitting down, Aka could use her meagre height to loom over him, Aka bent down then grabbed his collar, trying to lift him up... but gave up after two tries, she was just too inferior in terms of brawn, the weakness of being a Viper or perhaps, it was just her, she was considered short even for a Viper Dhani after all, Aka wondered if she was a runt among her siblings, that was why Siku didn't mark her, but whatever, she had this guy to deal with, "Ssso! What did I tell you? I told you to wait!" She snarled, her scarlet reptilian eyes gazing into his round pupils, "Tell me, what'sss your name? and..." Aka muttered then plowed on, "How could you move ssso fassst... humansss are usually ssslow..." Aka then raised her voice again, "Tell me or I'll sssshow you sssomething that will make you pissss your pantsss!"

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on May 15th, 2014, 1:59 pm

After a few moments Fin’s head cleared. The ringing in his ears ceased. He moved to sit up only to get grabbed by the collar of his shirt. A few rough tugs had him flailing as he tried to make sense of what was going on. That was when those red eyes came into his field of view once more. He swallowed audibly.

Okay! Okay! I’ll show you!” He threw his hands up trying to ward off the razor sharp nails he imagined would soon be slashing at his face. Finnius hobbled to his feet. He swayed back and forth a little before stumbling back leaning against the tree trunk for support. Placing a hand on his forehead he groaned. He was definitely going to feel disoriented for a few minutes. He looked up into the sky then discovered that was a big mistake as it caused him to tilt his head back. Fin nearly toppled over. He managed to catch himself on the trunk of the tree. He waited for the dizziness and nausea to pass before opening his mouth to speak again.

F-Fin. You can call me, Fin.” He squinted at the red eyed girl in front of him. He listened to her wild antics for a moment before rubbing his face and shrugging.

I don’t know. I just do. I mean I’ve had a lot of practice. Running. Running away that is.” He blinked at her then quickly amended his statement. “That doesn’t mean I’m a coward mind you! I just…I’m…well…I just don’t want to hurt people. I mean, I don’t want to hurt them as in cause them serious harm. Because I can!

He raised a fist in an attempt to look intimidating. It failed horribly. His legs wobbled. It took a moment for him to be able to focus on Aka. He ended up leaning back against the tree trunk. It was getting easier to see and he wasn’t feeling as winded. Within a few moments he would just be sore and horribly embarrassed. He caught the dark haired woman’s threat. Something told him that he should take her seriously. Despite her lithe, slender appearance there was lethality in her scarlet eyes.

Alright. I just got a lot of practice in. I-I’ve done a lot of running in my life. I’ve also learned how to avoid tripping over my own two feet and getting hit by things that will prevent me from running.” He glanced at the tree behind him. He also remembered the fiasco with the spider and having tripped over the root not moments before that. He grimaced. “Most of the time.

I can…uh…I can show you if you really want me to? I’m not that great of a teacher but I can try.” He gave her his most non-threatening smile. There was something that told him he didn’t want to piss off this girl any more than he apparently already had.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 19th, 2014, 3:03 pm

"Hmph..." The tiny tyrannical girl crossed her arms over her non-existent chest after she released her hold on the scrawny human's collar, she watched as he wobbled back to his feet, groaning and rolling her eyes at his cowardice. If not for her interest regarding his nimble movements, even compared to her Dhani, Aka would leave him already... but not before burning him to ashes, no one would find the body and it looked like no one would care anyway. "Heh..." She snorted, Aka tilted her head in arrogance as she slightly leaned forward, "Fin, huh? Well, you will call me 'Mistress', get it?" she chuckled, he had no reason to disagree if he wanted to save his skin from roasting.

"Oh? Ssso you run a lot?" She quirked an eyebrow then pondered, perhaps he was a thief of some sort and often found himself in the ire of those tinman called "Knights", Aka shrugged as his words flew over her head, cowards wouldn't admit they were cowards, a thief and a coward, how fitting, "Whatever, I don't care." Aka dropped the topic, just like that, she looked up at his taller form then to his fist, it seemed without even moving a muscle, Aka's mere presence managed to intimidate him into wobbling his feet.... again, this only goaded the Viper's already inflated ego further.

When he explained about his abilities, it mananaged to catch the Viper's interest, "I ssse..." She mused, at least he was good at something, but she wanted to retort about him crashing into a tree, then he admitted it himself, earning him a tired sigh from the Viper. "Well, ssshow me then!" She snarled, already getting tired of these needless pleasantries, and the notion of him teaching her disgusted the Viper, actually out of pride that a human outmatched her in terms of agility and speed, "No, ssservant! I demand you to ssshow me ssso I may gain your tricksss! You are not my teacher! Get it?" By Siku, she was being a scumbag.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on May 22nd, 2014, 3:00 pm

Great, of all the people in the world to be terrorized by I get terrorized by the biggest brat in Syliras.” Fin resisted the urge to sigh heavily. He was getting very, very annoyed with her high and mighty attitude already. There wasn’t much he could do about it. The red eyes freaked him out enough. He didn’t need to know what else this dark haired girl had up her sleeve. He certainly wasn’t going to find out. He blinked at her for a minute as she went into a tirade about him not being her teacher. It didn’t make much sense to Fin.

He would be showing her how to do some of his tricks, in essence teaching these things to her but he wasn’t teaching her because he was her servant now? The whole scenario didn’t really add up in his head but he didn’t need it to. As long as it kept her from raging out on him, he was fine with it.
Pushing himself up off of the trunk of the tree, Fin was starting to feel a bit better. He brought his hands up in a non-threatening gesture to show that he meant absolutely no harm. With short shuffles he sashayed over to the side of Aka before facing her.

Right so..uh…the first thing that I do when I really want to get limber is I stretch my muscles.” Fin bounced up and down on his feet a little. He shook his arms making a show of loosening the muscles in his shoulders. When he’d planted his feet again he took up a wide stance.

Normally I kinda just reach for my toes a little, like this.” Bending at the waist he extended his arms and reached for his toes leaning from one side to the other in small intervals spanning a few seconds each. When he was finished he grabbed one of his ankles taking slow steady breaths holding the position for a few seconds. He repeated it with his alternate ankle then slowly rose back into an upright position.

I know that the biggest thing I never want to run into is a cramp. Especially when I’m…uhh…trying to get away.” He gave a light nervous laugh rubbing at the back of his head. When it became apparent that his idea of light humor most definitely would not be appealing to the red eyed woman in front of him he cleared his throat nodding sharply.

Right, so in order to do you know…jumping things with any amount of, umm, style? Yeah. We’ll call it style. In order to do that you have to balance speed with well…balance.” Fin was horrible at describing how to do something. Taking a breath he jumped up and down on the balls of his feet for a moment before sprinting forward. When he felt he was carrying enough momentum to pull off what he had in mind he heaved himself forward propelling himself into the air with a rapid jump. As he tumbled forward through the air he extended his hands up over his head planting the heel of both hands and pushing opposite of the direction his body was moving to force himself forward. When the heels of his feet touched the ground he used the follow through momentum to repeat the flip. This time when he landed he planted his stance.

See? Err…” He was facing away from Aka. Turning on his heel he spread his arms wide with a sheepish grin on his face.

Uhh…and there you have it.” Having just completed two consecutive front flips it was obvious he had a relatively firm grasp on how to use the motion of his own body to his advantage. Whether or not he could impart that same knowledge to a snot nosed, bratty dark haired girl who was apparently prone to rants of irritability, was another matter entirely.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 23rd, 2014, 5:35 am

"..." Now that she had vented about her pride and frustration, Aka's childish anger died down as she examined his form closely and now actually listened to him - though she wouldn't admit it - the Viper began following his movements as she began bouncing up and down on her feet beside him, then also shook her arms. This is stupid! She was getting bored already, for an over-a-century years old girl, this was nothing, but the Viper supposed he knew what he was doing, if there was one thing good about Fin in her eyes, was his ability to move.

"Okay..." The Viper muttered, not realizing she had spoke her thoughts out loud and her tone took on a more complacent note, the Viper bended her slim waist then extended her arms to reach for her toes, she was quite short and so the act made even her even tinier, the Viper followed his instructions then also grabbed her ankles. Now she could feel her muscles loosening and it actually felt kind of good. Aka simply crossed her arms and didn't answer verbally when he made his light joke, a budding small amount of respect for Fin as her teacher was planted in her prideful self and like always, the denying Viper liked to keep it to herself.

"..." She simply watched him, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at his poor choice of words, and people said she was not that fluent in Common. Aka watched in awe as the young man beautifully executed a double front flip, his form soaring through the air, landing gracefully, then continued again, it was smooth, it was beautiful, it was making her jealous. "Hmph..." The Viper huffed as she muttered under her breath, "I can do that too..." Glaring back at him, Aka also began sprinting forward, prepared her feet then...

Tripped on a small rock, causing her to tumble unceremoniously on the ground, flailing her arms to no effect. Aka quickly sat back up, long dark hair falling disheveled on her face, "S... ssshut up!" And Fin hadn't even said anything either, standing back up, Aka gritted her teeth as she tried again, the small girl rushing forward as she jumped up then prepared to land on her hands, but her rushed movements and state of mind caused her to lose balance midway as Aka fell to the side instead, her back crashing onto a tree, "Aaagh!" She screamed in pain, ending up in an awkward position where her head was upside down and her feet hugging the tree, with her vision swimming, Aka stumbled to a sitting position then looked away, blush started to creep up at her cheeks, "T... tea-..." She stuttered then suddenly looked back at him with flushing cheeks and glaring eyes, "Teach me! I can't do it!"

There, was that so hard to do?

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on May 25th, 2014, 12:24 pm

Fin watched Aka get herself up to speed. It was interesting to watch another person get into the grove of trying to be somewhat athletic. As she sprinted forward jumping into the air he thought for a moment that she might actually just pull it off. Until of course she tripped nearly falling flat on her face. He resisted the urge to guffaw. He remembered how difficult it had been when he first tried to learn how to execute a proper flip. It was a lot more difficult than it looked. When he was ordered to be silent he held up his hands in front of him in a placating gesture. Pressing his fingers to his lips he pursed them slightly to show he wasn’t making a peep. The last thing he wanted was to agitate the already easily agitated girl who was flailing around desperately…most likely in agitation.

At her second go around he clasped his hands behind his head kicking at the dirt watching Aka be a little more successful than before. He flinched slightly when she slammed into a tree. He had been there. He had the scrapes, scars and bruises to prove just how many times he had tried and failed before he had succeeded. For a moment he just stood there. He certainly wasn’t going to go over and help her to her feet. Somehow he felt that would be conceived as some sort of slight. When she looked at him he blinked at her then came her plea.

Okay.” It was as simple as that. Stepping forward he rubbed at his nose as he thought on how to go about teaching this girl. She obviously wasn’t as skilled as him when it came to balancing her body. So, he would start there.

Come and stand here. Uhh…please?” He pointed to the space just in front of him. Fin then dropped his hands spreading his feet shoulder width apart.

Being able to leap and perform the kind of flips and jumps I showed you requires balance. You have to be able to control that balance. If you don’t, you’ll never be able to do anything of the sort.” Inhaling steadily Fin brought one leg up behind grasping the ankle behind his back so that he was teetering on one foot.

Let’s start slow and easy. Balance yourself on one foot. See if you can keep that balance for a full minute.” To demonstrate this he kept himself steady while balancing on his foot. Fin didn’t stand stoically still. Instead he moved with the slight tilt and lean of his body keeping his center of gravity fixated in one point by not being too rigid. Acrobatic maneuvers had no room for stiffness and rigidity so he made certain to keep himself as loose as possible. When a full minute had passed he slowly lowered his leg so that he was once again standing upright on two feet. Gesturing to the dark haired girl he folded his arms over his chest waiting to see her try to pull it off.

Not only would this give him a good idea of just how balanced she was, it would give him a clear picture of how much work they needed to do.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 25th, 2014, 4:46 pm

"I-if... if you sssay anything funny, I... I'll kill you!" Aka stumbled to a standing position as she made a poorly-executed threat then as if to accentuate the 'direness' of her less than five feet intimidating form, Aka stood on her tippy-toes then glared at him, "I mean it! I really am! Hmph!" With still tomato-coated cheeks out of embarrassment, she stood in front of him, she still refused to look him in the eyes though, her lips trembling as she muttered some unintelligible whispers, but mainly 'stupid' and 'idiot'.

She watched him in silence as the young man performed his teachings, the Viper following his movements as best as she could, first by spreading her feet until it was a shoulder apart, then trying to mimic him by brining one of her lithe legs up behind her back, "W.. woah..." She almost fell down but managed to balance herself during the last moment, finally succeeding, her scarlet eyes shifted slightly at the odd position she was in.

"A-a full chime?! Are you cra-..." She remembered about her little - well, big - blunder earlier and stopped her sentence midway, opting for a grumpy grumble as she non-verbally accepted the task. Aka's body squirmed here and there, making minor adjustments to keep herself from falling flat on her face or back, but it seemed it was the right thing to do seeing Fin did the same thing.

"A... ah... petch, I can... how much longer?!" She finally screamed after about fifty-five ticks then when he lowered his leg down, Aka heaved in relief, returning herself to a normal standing position rather too swiftly, earning her a slight ache from her previously-bent foot, "Kih..." She rubbed it then crossed her arms across her chest, looking diagonally down, "S-ssso... what'sss next?"

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next