Flashback "C'mon it's like walking just in water" (Orion)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

"C'mon it's like walking just in water" (Orion)

Postby S'Essy on May 3rd, 2014, 9:40 am

AV 510, Spring 42nd

The morning was fine as ever. Syna's light was bright and warm. However S'Essy wasn't that bright and fine. She was slowly walking in the city. She didn't sleep well, she had a nightmare. She didn't bother to rest more, wouldn't help to her but she knew she had to get herself together she couldn't exist like that. She headed down to the Suvan Sea...slowly. Laviku's sea was calling her.

She was down at the coast and was standing there, staring at the sea. She was walking near at it, trying to find a place a bit futher from the city but still close. It was a beautiful sight to see how it reflected Syna's light on it's surface. That already helped to make her forget those terrible things in her dream. She needed to forget, she had to fresh herself up and finally as winter passed, she could do swimming everyday.

She was going through the same proccess as always. She was checking the sea like if anything would have changed. Giving thanks to Laviku. Then she put off her sandals and clothes, took it to a place where she would find it. Then she let to feel the sea with her feet. Then she was ready to go in and swim.

She couldn't get bored of it, it was like another home for her. It was an awesome feeling she couldn't explain but it wasn't necessary to do so. She already felt more energetic and a bit better. She came to the surface and was lying on her back, and was bathing both in the sea and in Syna's light. Yes, she could rest that way. Nobody was there to disturb her.

Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on May 9th, 2014, 1:11 am

He didn't know how to swim. That was the beginning and end of it. Until that fact was realized, Orion didn't realize just how big of a problem it was. He was only around water when he went to the Soothing Waters, and even at its deepest points he could keep his head above the cleansing liquid. It was far from the harsh truths of what Laviku's realm truly offered.

The cook was still feeling the embarrassment from his horrible showing earlier in the season. He'd impulsively joined a Svefra woman on her ship, and proved to her quite handily that he had no place on the deck of a boat or within the rough sea waters. While there was little he could do about the former, not owning a boat and all, he could at least remedy the latter.

Perhaps it would prove to be a foolish idea to swim alone, but it wasn't as though he was going to ask for help. Who did they think he was?

Orion stood, in the nude, just at the edge of the water. His clothing was folded neatly and placed up on a rock to protect it from getting wet. He'd found the clothing quite restrictive when he'd flailed around in the water before.

A cool breeze sent shivers down Orion's spine as the coastal waters sprayed up and teased his skin. "Alright, alright. I'll stop stalling," he muttered, placing his toe in the waters of the Suvan Sea. It was cold, but bearable. Syna's rays had began to offer their warmth to the sea.

Time to go.

First one foot. Then the other. Then another step. Another. Finally, a huge gasp as the waters rose up over his waist. "By the gods.." What was he thinking? He wasn't going to drown, he was going to freeze.

Swallowing heavily, the cook pushed forth into the waters, flailing and kicking wildly to stay afloat. The water around him moved about violently as it was forced high into the sky while Orion slowly navigated the water with horrible form. His arms were out of sync, which were out of sync with his legs, which were out of sync with each other.

He was going nowhere fast, but he was rapidly exhausting himself. Blue eyes peeked above the surface of the water, a mix of confusion, panic, and fear all mixed into one stupendous concoction.

What was I thinking!? Orion, you idiot!

This was where he would die.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 10th, 2014, 4:28 pm

She smiled and enjoyed the sunshine with closed eyes. In Syna's light her scales were shimerring in blue and violet. The lovely heat and Laviku's sea were putting her to sleep. She could do it, she could stay that way for a bell or two. But she was reminding herself to not be that deep relaxed. She was alone afterall. Although she had to admit that while they were different, Mura and Syliras were both safe and peaceful. She couldn't be more wrong than that moment. She wasn't trully by herself and she noticed it.

She heard a loud gasp. By the gods. A man's voice. She openned her eyes, was blinking for a moment as Syna's shining on them. She turned away and with her body went under the water. She looked around where was the voice coming from. And there she saw it, somebody was attempting to sleep... pretty badly. She was watching for a moment if he just had a bad start or if he was really that bad. But she noticed that he was really that bad.

She didn't wait too long and swam there as fast as she could. She didn't want a death today, not here, not near her. She was going underwater and when she saw the man she came up to the surface. Then without hesitation she grabbed his torso and tried to make him stop and make him calm down. Also she was trying to hold him to not drown. It was hard, but if the man helped a bit for her, she could manage to do it. "My dear, this is too painful to watch. Please if you don't want Laviku's domain to kill you, let me help you." she said to him and it really was painful her. It was always strange for S'Essy how others couldn't do it. But again she was a Konti she was born in water.

"Take it easy, it's like walking just in water. You can learn it as easily." she didn't think she will have to give lessons but first things first, she was trying to bring to the coasts. "Let's go back there and you'll feel safer too. You can also relax yourself then if you want we can start it. I'm S'Essy, healer of Rak'keli."

Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on May 22nd, 2014, 6:42 pm

Fingers were spread wide as he inefficiently cut his way through the waters. Loud splashes echoed out as his legs rose above the water and slammed violently against its surface. It was a miracle that he wasn't completely submerged, and one that would be short lived.

The water and Orion, they did not get along.

He knew that swimming was actually good for you, and it was something he could recommend to some of his patients if they weren't able to do any sort of strenuous activity. Though at that moment, he wondered what was un-strenuous about what he was suffering through. Coughing escaped as his head disappeared beneath the water for a moment before reemerging a tick later. He needed to turn away, and go back to the coast, but if he stopped moving his arms and legs he was going to sink to the bottom of the sea like a rock.

Maybe I can walk across the bottom..

His head bobbed once, twice, three times, as his body struggled mightily to keep afloat. Exhaustion was already nipping at his flesh. The cook's muscles were far from used to being tasked in such a manner and were quickly becoming fatigued. He was done for.

It seemed to be the truth until a golden divine creature wrapped her arms around him and began to guide him to safety. He hadn't even cried out for help and yet the Gods had seen it fit to put a beautiful blonde in his path. It was a shame he was too worried about drowning to enjoy the view.

She spoke to him, kind, calming words as the Konti worked to get him back to shore. He couldn't, wouldn't speak at the time, concerned with the unforgiving waters which threatened to swallow him up. The blue eyed man instead kicked his legs to help propel the two nude swimmers towards the coast and the calmer waters. When his feet could feel sand beneath them, the physician planted them firmly and dragged himself up onto the beach before flopping down on his back. He was clearly unconcerned with modesty.

Orion's chest rose and fell rapidly as as he sucked in deep breaths. Sweet, sweet oxygen. The salty taste of the sea was still fresh on his tongue, and it was a taste he was ready to forget. What he couldn't forget, however, was the Konti who had rescued him. It wasn't surprising that she was a healer. He'd worked with a ton of them at the Soothing Waters. Years of training to do what he could do was able to be duplicated quickly with a touch from one of her kind. Seemed a cruel joke.

"I'm ..I'm Orion," he said as he tried to catch his breath. "Master swimmer of Syliras."
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby S'Essy on May 24th, 2014, 11:26 am

The man was heavy a bit for her, but she gladly noticed that he still had the strength to help her to get him out there. She felt sorry for him. She just watched how quickly he went out the water just to feel the sand under his feet and to drop himself to rest. Yes... it was strange for her still, but again she was part of Laviku's domain, of course it was easy for her to speak.

She was grateful that the man tried to come swim when she was there, otherwise she didn't want to imagine what could have happened. Laviku's sea was wonderful but dangerous if you didn't want know what to do. Though she was here to relax alone, maybe it wasn't bad to have some company, and she could do a favor to him.

She also came out from the water and sat down next to the man and looked down at him. He was exhausted for sure maybe scared a little but she wasn't sure about that. At least she hope he wasn't, swimming was one of the thing she liked, she wanted to share the experience. But then at his introduction she couldn't help but chuckled a little and finally smiled.

"Well Orion, master swimmer of Syliras..." She started with the title he gave to himself. "...I'm glad you didn't lose your humor at least. You will need this attitude, unless you are too exhausted to do this." She hoped that the man was alright and healthy because by the look he looked fine to her.

She looked up at the sky for a moment. Syna's light was warming her up, was drying her a bit. She didn't want to spend too much time on the sand, she would rather be in the Sea.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on July 13th, 2014, 8:50 pm

It took him a few moments before he realized what her words meant. "I'm sorry, but are you intending to teach me?" That was quite the offer, and one quite unexpected. Was she so taken by his charm that she couldn't stand the thought of him drowning? Perhaps she wanted her body close to his, their skin pressed tightly against one another. It wasn't as though either of them were displaying much in the way of modesty.

Or more likely, his swimming show was so pathetic, she considered it her duty to ensure no one ever saw such a display again. Orion may have had blue eyes, but a Svefra he was not. He'd tried to acquaint himself with the depths on a few occasions, and none had gone all too well. Trying to learn on his own had been stupid and he was more than fortunate that the Konti had happened to be swimming at the same time, otherwise he would have never been heard from again. That would have been a shame for the good people of Syliras.

"I'm quite honored. You've not only saved me, but you offer to ensure you never have to again. Truly I've been blessed this day. Rak'keli shows favor on me in sending a beauty such as yourself to instruct me." He bowed his head in fake reverence. "I am yours with which to mold. Just be gentle, I bruise easily." He flashed her a grin, keeping his gaze on her face while his peripherals drank in her figure. Some might call it inappropriate, but Orion considered it opportunistic.

Orion would wait for S'essy's instruction and comply to ensure his safety. The waters had been much rougher than he remembered, though if he really thought about it, his show in the harbor had been much similar. If he were going to do this, he'd have to listen to someone that cut through the water with grace and skill; something he was lacking in sorely. She no doubt had much to teach the cook - and the view was nothing to complain about either.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby S'Essy on July 16th, 2014, 1:38 pm

He was either confused or her common was that bad. Or could be both, but his question suprised her a bit. She raised her eyebrows and nodded. "Yes. Why not?" She really didn't wish for the man to die. She had to be honest, his attempt to try to swim was rather pathetic. But not every creature was gifted by Laviku. Certainly not the humans.

She just chuckled, being honored. She would gladly help him or anyone out. She also wished that she could show that swimming is fun and the sea is wonderful. Not scary all the time. "The pleasure is mine!" The Konti was also a bit distracted and her cheeks were a bit flushed, when he called her a beauty. Almost felt uncomfortable. "Well, my goddess helps where she can. And you can't complain yourself." She couldn't lie, the man was good looking. But she was with someone already.

"I don't think I could harm you during teaching you to swim but of course, master swimmer of Syliras, I will be gentle." She said, using his title which he gave for himself and stood up. Her eyes were moving all around. To the sea, to the sky and then to Orion and made that circle again and again. She was pondering how to start. What would be a good way? It was hard for her, she never really taught anyone about swimming or anything else. Not to mention he was a human, swimming for him might be different.

She tried to come up with something while she was walking back to the sea and with her hand waving, gesturing to follow her. "Excuse me, I have never taught anyone how to swim. I'm thinking but while that first thing is, come to the water. It will be hard to do on the sand." Hard indeed, then she turned back to the sea. Maybe she could teach him first how to use his legs, then how to use his arms, then combine the two. If done, he could try and swim. "Okay I think I know what to do. We'll stay close to this coast. You lie down on the surface of the water with your front. I'll be here and keep you, I won't let you drown. First you will use your legs."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 14th, 2014, 2:15 pm

It was very matter of fact. Yes, she was going to teach him. It had nothing to do with physical attraction - it was made quite clear with the way she spoke. No, he really was that pathetic a swimmer. It appeared to be her duty as someone comfortable with the waves to ensure he didn't shame the art of swimming. "I..well..okay. Teach away." From death to lessons in a few chimes.

"Then where shall we start, my great teacher?" He put a smile on his lips, though he couldn't deny that he was rather nervous about going back in the water. He had well established that he and water did not mix well. It was his own foolishness which had led him to believe he could handle the rough waves of the Suvan. The cook should have stuck to enjoying the warm baths of the Soothing Waters and nothing more.

Orion sat quietly, smiling as the Konti thought her way though the way she was going to teach. It seemed that his savior had gotten ahead of herself, not at he could judge. That very same attribute had him in this predicament in the first place. "There is no need to apologize. I doubt you expected to be training anyone today. I'm still spitting up water, so there's certainly no rush." The taste of salt water would never quit its assault on his tongue at this rate.

Pausing a few moments, he tarried in executing her direction. He wasn't particularly eager to dive back into the water, "Uh....alright. Let's do this."

Slowly, he dragged himself to his feet and stared out over the waters, taking in the scent and scene before him. "So just lay down?" The blue eyed man shrugged and obliged, taking a few tentative steps into the depths. After a deep breath, Orion placed himself front first into Laviku's realm. With his knees and hands propping himself up, he turned his gaze on to S'Essy. "Is this what you meant?"
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets