Solo Where rumors lead.

Evalin begins making preparations for the Ambassador

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Where rumors lead.

Postby Evalin on May 15th, 2014, 5:27 am

20th of Spring, 514 AV
Time: 24th Bell

Even as she exited the cavern of her Mistress Evalin's mind was already working, already planning, already plotting. There was much to do, yes very much to do if they were to entertain a guest the following evening. Reaching up she tapped the gem that hung at her neck, its surface shimmering as it fell from its place, quickly morphing to take the form of her dear Familiar. Tsenrika floated to Evalin's shoulder, his mind probing her's, a question there in, What it it you have planned for the evening to come?"

Evalin smiled as she gently stroked the Irylid's smooth surface, looking sideways at him, "A special dinner, one that he shall not forget. Or perhaps, one he would rather he forgot. But before first, let us see what more we can learn about this man."

She sought out the one person she knew would know, surely he would. She could feel him close, for he could not have gone too far in the time between their meeting just a few ticks before. Gresshal knew she was coming, and though he might not know the purpose he could guess that she was searching for him. Perhaps it was his implanted urge to be subservient that caused him to slither toward her as well, or perhaps he wished to head her off and retain some form of control despite his obvious lack there of. In any case Evalin, and Tsenrika, turned the next corner and Found the Dhani there, tail curled around him as he leaned against the wall, large arms crossed as she narrowed a stilted gaze at the Witch, "What do you want from me...?"

Evalin almost chuckled at the solemn tone which he used to address her, but she suppressed it with some effort as she leaned on her staff, red eyes seeking out his own as she gently touched her lips, "I come to offer my gratitude for your loyal service this evening. It was most helpful indeed..."

She did not think his eyes could narrow any further, yet somehow they did as he hissed, "Do not patronize me Witch. What do you want?"

Absently, almost without though, she brushed a stray hair behind her ear, eyes then looking down at her nails as she examined them as if they were the most interesting thing at present, "When you left our presence another came calling on my Mistress. One that I did not recognize, but who held himself with far too much superiority for my own liking. His name was Vaazier I believe. Tell me what you know about him." She glanced up at the Dhani, an eyebrow raising at the curious expression that crossed his face.

A mixture of surprise and disbelief crossed Gresshal's features, fully readable despite the scales and fangs. His tongue flicked out nervously as he uncrossed his arms, nails scraping along the wall as he pushed himself straight, "Ambassador Vaazier came to visit you? For what purpose?" There was a note of suspicion there, as he clearly did not believe the Nuit's words.

Cuirous. Perhaps this Ambassador holds quite a name for himself.

Indeed. At the very least he has made himself known to even the lowest underling.

Setting her hand on her hip Evalin shrugged derisively, "Perhaps it was not to see me, but instead he seemed to come calling on my Mistress. For what purpose I cannot say, but it was enough to earn my full attention. I wish to know about this Ambassador as he is to grace our cave once more tomorrow evening."

"He isss coming back tomorrow? What the petch for?"

"He grew too troublesome as the chimes ticked by, and so I had him leave us till the following evening when we could be better prepared."

Gresshal's mouth opened slightly, "You threw the Ambassador out?"

Perhaps he would have continued with a followup question, but Evalin quickly waved a dismissive hand, "Be it of no concern. He shall return tomorrow, and as such I wish to learn more about him. Now, tell me everything you know about Ambassador Vaazier." Evalin was growing weary of this back and forth, and so she called on the power of her mark and pressed her will over the Dhani to finally get the answers she sought.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Where rumors lead.

Postby Evalin on May 15th, 2014, 6:20 am

The mark compelled him to answer, and whether or not he wished to was irrelevant. His expression darkening Gresshal hissed low under his breath, coils sliding over one another as he adjusted his position and sat back on his own tail, "Hyssypiavaazier... He is the Viper Ambassador between Zinrah and the Viper nesst in Eyktol. Because of thisss he is well known in the nesst, and has a lot of influence here. Unlike most of hisss lessser race, Vaazier is an honesst Dhani and well resspected and trusted by the Queensss. If he hasss hisss eyes on Aka then I am certain he hasss ssomething in mind for her. What that might be though I cant ssay."

The thought of an 'honest' dhani amused Evalin, and she felt a similar notion pass from Tsenrika. She looked at her Familiar, tapping her chin with one finger as she mused, "Odd indeed... What could his intentions be?"

"A creature of politics, words and negotiations he seems. I doubt that this meeting was a mere whim."

"He isss known to be very active in the politicsss of Zinrah. In addition to hisss love of potionsss, Vaazier sseemsss to take pleassure in the affairsss of the queensss."

"Indeed..." Evalin said softly, eyes growing distance as she began to drift into though, "Perhaps his coming is a sign of what is to come. A Dhani Ambassador comes calling at such a late hour, speaking words leading to suspicious assumptions... If you had not said he were 'honest' I would have considered more devious intentions, but perhaps he is exactly as he appears. If so then..."

"He aims to add another queen to his confidants." The Familiar finished the half thought even as it finished forming in the nuits mind. Their deepening bond was something strange, and something wonderful to Evalin. More and more she noticed how connected they were, how close, how similar. They thought so alike now, they knew one another so deeply. Evalin smiled and brought her full attention to Gresshal, "Indeed. He seeks to make a new ally."

The Constrictor looked between Evalin and her familiar, the pieces still not quite fitting together, "A new queen... What do you--" Then it all suddenly fit into place and the realization lit his features as he hissed, "You don't mean..."

"I do indeed," Evalin laughed, pressing her fingers to her lips to contain her mirth as she looked at Gresshal, "Me means to create someone in power who owes a dept to him. A genius plan, and perhaps he of all people could accomplish it. What he know snot, however, is that now his plots shall become my own."

Gresshal stared at Evalin incredulously, "You don't mean... You're going to try and manipulate the Ambassadorsss plansss to ssuit your own endsss?"

"Of course. It is beneficial to us to allow him to move the situation forward in a way that we could not." Gresshal's eyes shot to Tsenrika as he spoke, but quickly came back as the nuit continued along the same thought, "Then, when he has placed the crown upon Aka's head we shall rest control from him. We shall manipulate the manipulator."

"That isss impossible. Vaazier isss too ssmart, too cunning for you too--" He was interrupted by a raised finger, "And it is because that he believes this to be so that we shall succeed."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Where rumors lead.

Postby Evalin on May 15th, 2014, 6:45 am

Evalin switched her hold on her staff, leaning to the opposite now as she tapped Tsenrika's surface, "We must prepare ourselves. In order for this to succeed we need to have something over the Ambassador. We need to make him succumb to us and acknowledge our greater authority."

"It wont work." Gresshal insisted. Adjusting his coils the Dhani once more folded his arms over his chest, "He hasss sstatusss and influence. Hisss word caries great weight, and sshould you fail you will isolate yoursself from all of Zinrah. You will causse your own ruin."

"It shall require some effort... yet still we might plant the seeds of his leash this day. If he has no weakness, then my Master shall create one." The two continued their conversation, completely ignoring the Dhani's words much to Gresshal's frustration, "Yes... But what might we use. An honest Viper will not so easily be swayed as a dishonest one. We should have to create our own brand of dishonesty yes..."

Shaking his head Gresshal looked away, his tongue slithering out to taste the air before he hissed, "Why the petch are you even here witch? To what end are you driving?"

Evalin paused in her thoughts, looking at Gresshal in amusement. She let the silence linger for a few ticks before she said slowly, confidently, seductively, "Oh my dear Gresshal... wondered I if ever you would ask." Her smile widened as she straightend and strolled closer, stepping up on the Dhani's coils so she could press a hand against his chest. Gresshal flinched, but he did not pull back. His eyes were suspicious, frustrated, angry, and there was just the tiniest bit of fear there as well. The nuit relished in this kind of attention. It was sweeter than honey, more addicting than mirage. Her eyes followed her finger as she traced over his scales, "We are going to start a war."

"A war!?" He quickly pulled back, grasping Evalin by her shoulders as he looked around nervously, all too aware at how loudly he had spoken those words. Then her drew closer to Evalin once more, bringing her eyes level with his own as he hissed softly, "What do you mean a war? A war with who? Why?"

The nuit laughed, pushing off the Dhani's grip and patting his cheek, "Mind you not such things my pet. It is not for you to know, not yet." Gresshal looked like he wished to protest, but Evalin pressed a finger to his lips to silence him, "You will not speak of any of this to anyone. Keep our secret as it is, and you will be welcomed at my side as I send all of Zinrah aflame with hatred and let loose the them upon their most hated enemy."

Stepping back Evalin hopped off of Gresshal's tail, waving a hand over her shoulder as she began walking in the other direction, "Begone with you now, and remember your silence. I shall call upon you soon with another task, this you may be assured."

The Dhani made as if to follow, but of course he could not as he was ordered to leave. After a couple ticks of trying he finally gave up and simply said after Evalin, "What are you going to do now?"

"Speak with someone who shall also aid me in my grand endeavor, whether he realizes it or not." She did not look back as the shadows engulfed her, and the Witch began to set in motion the count down to her greatest scheme yet.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Where rumors lead.

Postby Catastrophe on May 17th, 2014, 2:26 am

c
Evalin :
Skills

• Socialization: 3 XP
  • Interrogation: 1 XP
  • Rhetoric: 2 XP
  • Familiary: 1 XP
  • Planning: 2 XP
  • Observation: 2 XP

Lores

• Planning: There Will Be a War in Zinrah
  • Planning: Manipulating an Ambassador

Loot

• N/A

Notes :
So this was the thread you were mentioning after the encounter between Vaazier and Aka. This was well thought out and I loved reading how Evalin was planning the whole thing. But, oh my- a war? That sounds like so much fun and right up Evalin's alley. :P Keep the wonderful work coming!

If you have any issues with your grade, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

c
Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office