Completed Yahal bless the pure

Asher begins his journey to gain Yahal's favor.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Yahal bless the pure

Postby Asher Nightrunner on May 22nd, 2014, 2:28 am

Spring, 96th 514 AV:

Syna's grace had embraced the morning sky. It was early as the young drykas stirred from his nights slumber. He yawned stretching his shoulder. "Why so early?" he said. He pushed his way out of the bed and stumbled forwards. He dressed himself before rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Today he had decide that it would be a good to go practice his fate. Though he would not go to the church, he felt that it would be better to show his fate under the open sky. He straightened out the wrinkles in his shirt and opened the door. He walked down the hall, and down the stairs. He nodded at the Inn keeper, acknowledging that he was there. Before he walked out into the warm sunlight. "Thank you Syna for the warmth!" he said happily. The sun embracing his skin, he spun happily. He sighed it was days like this that made him miss his home.

The freedom of running through the grass lands, fishing hunting and horse play. He sighed, a small ping of guilt in his gut. He wondered if they would accept him back. Maybe if he became the master leather worker he sat out to be, if he could prove himself again. He walked towards the stables of the inn. Karne snorted a good morning of snorts, happy to see Asher after a night in the stables. Asher smiled at his companion, he opened the stall for Karne to follow him out. He grabbed his gear, pulling the yvas onto Karne and attaching the saddle bags to it. He grabbed a rope from his saddle bags and loosely threw it over Karne, he didn't need any trouble from the knights today. He turned from the stalls and made his way to the gates with Karne closely behind him.

"What do you think Jaye is doing right now? Do you think she hates me?" he asked, missing his childhood friend. Someone every dear to his heart, who wasn't the least bit happy that he had chosen to leave. He shook his head, she wouldn't hate him. She couldn't, they had been friends since she was born. He reached the gates of the city he released the rope, and bundled it back up. He slid it back into the saddle back before mounting up on Karne. Karne moved slowly at first, as Asher just stared blankly into space. Thinking about his homeland. Karne took off, causing Asher to quickly grab hold, he darted towards the Bronze woods. He turned and ran along the edge of the tree line. Asher pulled back on Karnes mane causing him to buck up and slow down. "Aye, whats your problem trying to kill me?" Asher said with a smile. Karne shook his head and began walking again.

Last edited by Asher Nightrunner on June 4th, 2014, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asher Nightrunner
Player

Words: 21675
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 1:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Yahal bless the pure

Postby Asher Nightrunner on June 4th, 2014, 5:25 am

"Do you think the Gods look down upon us and wonder why we do what we do?" he asked. "Do they discuss it among each other? Or maybe they don't care." His eyes traced up to the sky. Syna's light shone clear into the blue sea that was above him. The air was still with silence as Asher pondered his betrayal. Chimes passed as he thought about everything that had happened to him since he left. His meeting with another Drykas, exploring the city and finding a smithy and learning about a leather worker. His personal encounter with a knight in the Temple of All Gods that led him down this journey into religion. "Do I regret leaving? Betraying my people and coming to Syliras?" he asked. "Will I be forsaken for my betrayal? Will the Gods curse me and strike me down?" There was no answer to his questions, only silence and the calling of birds. Caiyha was always around. Even in the cities of mankind you could feel her touch.

"Yahal" the name escaped his lips. The name he had heard about from the knight. "The God of Purity and Faith" he said. Karne had stopped at this point. Asher slid off of him and patted his neck. He walked the soft grass embracing his feet. "Does he view my betrayal as unforgivable? Does leaving my people mark me as impure?" he asked again to no one. "If I were to call to him in forgiveness would he answer? Do I deserve his forgiveness? I left my family behind. All that I knew and grew up around, and I abandoned it will little thought...." He stopped and dropped to his knees. His mind racing back to his childhood friend. He didn't deserve to see her again. Not as he was, he need to be better. To be stronger and wiser before he could face her again.

"Yahal! God of all that is pure and righteous in this world. Please hear my words and guide me. I have left my people, and my home to come and strengthen myself. To better the craft that I love and though I am new to your ways and have committed a betrayal that I may never over come. Please guide my way to your light. Use me to spread your will. My body will be your tool and my crafts will guild those who are lost. Please strengthen my heart and mind. Mold me to be as you want me to be. My heart is open to you and I wish to follow your light" he prayed. He bowed his head and stayed there for what seemed like bells. Whispering more silent prayers to others such as Caiyha and Syna. Thanking them for what they provided him with. The hides to make his leather and the light that gave him the energy to live and work.

He stood back to his feet, his strider munching on the grass behind him. Karne raised his head when he saw the boy stir. Asher turned his face towards him. "Lets ride" he signed with a smile as he mounted back up onto Karne. "Hyah" he yelled out, kicking his heels into Karnes sides. Causing him to take off into a gallop. The thundering of his horses hooves was music to his ears. The wind blowing his hair back as the two charged forward as one. Asher bounced with each step that Karne took. The energy of his horse flowing into him. Together they were both free to run and ride as they pleased. A freedom that they didn't feel inside the city.

The galloping continued for chimes before Karne stopped. His breathing labored as he was tired. Asher leaned back his breath heavy as well. His muscles straining from the gripping and leaning with his horse. "Nothing will ever beat this" he sighed as he jumped off his horse. They were near the gates again and Asher sighed. Syna had begun her decent into the horizon and Leth would soon rise. "Come on then" he said pulling the rope he had used out again, and threw it over his striders neck. Pulling it to for a loose hold and he walked back into the city. He headed for his home, looking to rest for the night and reflect more on his choices. He hoped to know soon enough if what he did was right and if he would ever see Jaye again.
Asher Nightrunner
Player

Words: 21675
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 1:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Yahal bless the pure

Postby Radiant on June 7th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Asher :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Riding: Horse +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Karne: My Strider
Yahal: God Of Purity And Faith

Loots

Notes :
A short nice religious thread, Karne. I can just imagine his firm shout to Yahal! An epic scene indeed! :D

Enjoy your grades! :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)