Closed The Journey Begins [S'Essy]

Our hero and the Healer leaves Syliras

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

The Journey Begins [S'Essy]

Postby Markus Andres on May 30th, 2014, 4:12 pm

75-Spring-514

Everything had been prepared. The sergeant had said his farewells. Told his superiors of his intentions and expected time of return. Gathered the supplies. Turned in the gear he didn't need. Still. He was a heavyweight when he walked through the still silent hallways and larger connecting streets of Syliras. Occasionally he came across a knight on duty, but their shared god made it easy for them to recognize that the other belonged to the order. Sylir had made it easy for the knights. Outsiders pretending to be knights was almost impossible with their shared mark. Previously it had probably been hand signals in Ekeldi or similar that had shown one another that they were allies. Friends. Comrades. Brothers and sisters of the sword. Markus let a sigh rumble from somewhere down deep. This was the last possibility for him to forget the silly notion of visiting his family. It would be nothing more than tearing open old wounds.

No. You read the letter. Have faith that they kept true to their word. Reconciliation. It will be good to know I have a family in Zeltiva that is doing well. That half my life was not a waste in a city forsaken by the gods. A silent thought that followed, he knew that to be true, no matter what happened.

Despite the hope to reconcile himself with his long lost family. Something he had never dreamt of, even thought possible until the fateful letter had arrived that told him of his father's death. Despite the tenuous hope, it was with a heavy heart he stepped through the stone walkways of the city he loved of all his heart. Each corner he knew like the back of his hand. It was in this city he had lived for the past decade. Now he was leaving it, not forever, but for enough time that he was feeling homesick before he had even left the city.

Am I doing the right thing here? Leaving my place of duty, to chase after a sliver of hope that my family might not be a bunch of shykes?

Another, heavier, sigh escaped him as he reached down to make sure Peacekeeper hung securely. Of course it did, he had checked it at least a dozen times as he had walked. But it gave him a tick's respite from his own worries. The doubt he always tried to keep out of his voice and methods. No need for his Wing to ever see their sergeant be in doubt. They had to trust him and a man who doubted himself, made a terrible leader. The sergeant crossed a corner, shaking his head furiously to push those thoughts out of the head. Setting a quicker pace as he opened the door to the Herald's Arms. Wearing a backpack, over the backpack a heater shield, bow over the left shoulder, quiver on his right hip. He was a heavy man, all the gear made him much heavier. Chainmail and a breastplate added to that as well. The floor boards creaked under his weight. He did nothing to stop them from creaking, he was not a thief in the night. On the contrary, he was a knight.

I will only be gone for a season. They endured my absence for longer during the crusade against Sahova. They can endure without me for a single season.

That did calm him a little. Did drive away the doubt for long enough for his bare and naked hand to rap against the door that lead to S'Essy's room. His voice barely more than a whisper. Nothing more was needed in the silence of the darkness of the early dawn in late spring. His last bell in the city. As the two would carry their things from her room to the horses and pack them.

"S'Essy? You awake?"
Last edited by Markus Andres on July 4th, 2014, 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 30th, 2014, 4:20 pm

She was having the sweetest dream. She was on Mura again, visiting her mother and cousin. They were all together and happy. What else could she ask for? She didn't have to worry about anything. Though she went away from Mura for that reason and though she didn't regret it, sometimes just for a few days she would go back to the island of her people. It was a sweet dream but all dreams had to come to an end.

She slowly started to open her eyes, she looked around the room. She tried to realize where she was really and what was she even doing there. Syliras... She was in the inn and there were stuffs. Stuffs that Markus bought yesterday. Everything was clear for her but she was still tired. Syna was slowly coming up to the sky. S'Essy was still tired, she didn't have the energy to get up, she placed her face on the pillow and tired to sleep a bit more.

For some reason she thought she still had a little time till she had to get up. She was about to sleep back when she heard a man's voice. It was Markus'. She was wrong... He was already here for her. It took a chime for her to answer. "Just.... come mmmm.. come." She said hardly. She was still lying on her bed. There were days for her when she got up hardly, but why today? She sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes. Then she grabbed her clothes which lied at the end of the bed and got dressed.

"Sorry, this whole travelling must have confused my body." Or as she guessed. She stood up and looked around the room. What to do first? She grabbed her bag and checked if everything there was which she wanted. Money, herbs and others. "Okay.. I guess that's done, the other things are here! I kept them safe, nobody dared to steal from this Konti." She flexed her right arm as a joke.

Then she placed her hand on her face and shook her head. She didn't believe she just did that. "Okay it's really still morning for me. And I used to wake up earlier in Riverfall before work, so I could also swim in the sea before. I planned it today too but I guess it's too late isn't it?" She kinda regret it. It would have been her only chance because for a long time she wouldn't see the sea or ocean for a while. She put her backpack on her back and tried to bring some of their stuff with her hands. "We go to the Stables I believe? Oh... how rude of me. Good morning! Hope you could sleep well!"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on July 4th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Something inside the room stirred. He could heard the sounds of something or someone moving about. At least she was still around and had not vanished in the middle of the knight. Markus waited, she could have given him a verbal cue that she was getting dressed or something. But he slowly drew in a breath and let his shoulder bump against the door frame. Feeling the metal ridges of the chain mail press against his large biceps. Undoubtedly leaving marks against the hard unbroken skin. Markus was tired, it had been a long evening after getting the horses. Dinner. More goodbyes. But he yawned and a shiver went through his body. Despite it being late spring, mornings were still cooler than he liked. Despite the extra layers of clothing, the young sergeant missed the warmth and comfort of his bed. A finger rubbed his eye and the slow expansion of his chest as he sucked in more morning air. Trying to force the remnants of weariness out of his system before they got out of the city proper.

There was a murmur of a response from in there. Markus heard the words clearly. A little surprised they were spoken in common and not her native tongue. Markus would have had many problems using a learnt language rather than his native tongue if he knew any beyond common. It was so ingrained into him to speak common at all times that he probably couldn't adapt. Though the words were inviting Markus grasped the door handle and swung the door. Patience running dry already. Too tired and a part of him, despite missing Syliras before having left the city, was eager to embark on this new adventure.

Though the dim light of Syna in the room, Markus could see the konti woman move for something. Wearing her nightclothes. The tired sergeant blinked once as he took in the scenery. Saw the curves of the female moving gracefully through the morning light. The flowing morning hair behind the slim body. Let out a small gasp before he clamped his mouth shut. Blinked a second time. The image imprinted on his memory. A leg weakened as he stood there. Brought his focus back. The sergeant spun around on the spot. Gathering his wits again. Fully awake now. A warmth crept into his cheeks as he made a flat wall more interesting than it ought to be. It didn't help that she mentioned her body afterwards. Only drew his memory towards the still fresh image imprinted on his optical nerves. He blinked and shook the image away.

The knight didn't respond to her first words. Just her talking to herself he assumed. He could have responded, but he was still trying to shake the image of her body moving to, what he assumed was, her clothes. The knight heard something larger. More substantial be lifted from somewhere. Her backpack no doubt. A careful eye peeked over his shoulder and saw she had pulled on her clothes. Hiding those female features from further sight. Markus turned about entirely. Swinging about several hundreds of pounds. Floor boards creaked again as he stepped into the small room as S'Essy moved about. Made sure all of her things were also in place. Markus saw her flex her arms and he grunted half a laughter. Quickly stiffened into silence. Didn't want to wake the neighbours with his occasional booming laughter.

"It is best if we do not go for a swim. I would like to get going early and get the first couple of miles covered before Syna is too high in the sky. I mean, we could go to one of the rivers at the Mithryn outpost, get an early bath as we cross those... But that won't be the same. Fresh water. If that is alright with you?"

If they had come to the mithryn outpost, a good chunk of the miles he wanted to cover that day had been covered. A warm smile, despite his tiredness appeared on his lips. "And I've slept well and yea, we are headed for the stables. And you look like someone who also slept well." Markus said as he knelt over some of the things they had stashed in her room and picked them up. The two tents and one of the bedrolls.

"We might have to do two trips, unless you stash the things on me and let me carry them. We can perhaps avoid two trips." He offered. She'd probably have a comment about him carrying everything. But he was too tired to offer any resistance.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 14th, 2014, 10:48 am

"You must be kidding with me, Ser!" She raised her eyebrows as the knight turned around. She really didn't care about him seeing her naked. She didn't care about it in general. It would be too late to worry about such thing anyway. "If I would feel bad, I wouldn't have allowed you in. Unless..." A mischievous smile appeared on her face. "You are too scared to see a lady's body." She teased him.

She did regret that she didn't get up earlier. She could have done the whole process before he arrived. Even she could have freshed herself up in Laviku's sea. She just tried to calm herself. She had to deal with it for a long time. If humans and other races could do, she could done it as well.... right?

Though his offering that they could bath a bit in the river helped. If nothing else the river was still statisfying. She couldn't stop joking with him."Yeah that's great. Don't worry I will warn you when to turn around and if you are more shy just warn me too okay?" She winked as her package was on her back. Then she tried to resist to go too far. A gentle smile appeared. "Sorry, you know I'm kidding. Thanks, Markus, but please don't bother with this, we will be together for a long time alone." And they were together in the past... but she didn't add that.

She just started to pick up the bedrolls and tents when (as always) he said he would carry them himself. She nearly started to argue with him but she was too tired and she could never convince him. She just put everything she had in her hands to his. "If you say so.. Here!" She patted his shoulder only as a gesture as he wore his heavy armor again. She didn't get why.

She openned the door for them and held it till Markus came out. "Come! Come! Come! Hurry! Ser, we have an adventure awaiting us!" Hurrying the sergeant, she knew he was holding nearly everhint but she was curious how long he could do it. "If you carry these alone to th estables I give you a prize, you can choose what. And I know you don't do this for it, but I insist, you can't refuse it!"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on July 16th, 2014, 9:24 am

Markus eyes widened a little as he looked away from her. Surprised that she reacted so strongly to him facing away from her when she got dressed again. He had seen the body before, many times, brushed himself against it. But that had been a different time. Different part of his life.

"It is the polite thing to do." Markus retorted, but it sounded lame to even him. They both knew he too didn't care about personal nudity. Was accustomed to it. But it was a sufficient excuse for him to avoid the temptation of her body. Keep the lust behind the bars of discipline. He didn't turn, not even with her teasing words. That would defeat the entire purpose of him turning away. Stubbornness won that round. He had a feeling the teasing would continue and he would have to steel his will to prepare for that. It had been a long time since he had had someone who could and would mercilessly tease him like S'Essy did. It was a refreshing change. Markus gave her a shrug in response to another tease. Felt like thumping her on the shoulder to stop the teasing. Might have in another lifetime. The tease turned into a truthful comment that felt like she had cut it short for some reason. Something left unsaid. He didn't bother explore the subject. For what she did say was enough. Thirty days together on the road. Would be a long time for them both. Markus would have to dial back on the teasing. Or else she'd probably only get annoyed with him. She began to pile things on top of him. Arms strained a little as the many things piled higher. His biceps tensed under the weight. More teasing words disguised as words of encouragement reached him and despite the load he was carrying he chuckled.

"Someone is having fun at my expense." Markus said and stepped through the door. Felt the strain in his thighs as he lowered to make sure he didn't hit the door frame with all his goods. Would be a hassle to pick up and no doubt they would wake everyone with the noise. Markus felt like a pack mule. Especially when she promised a prize if they made it to the stables. He hated it worked. He was quite curious as what her gift would be. Markus moved a little quicker. Eager to get going and to be rid of the burden in his arms. Partly to see the prize. Markus was a large man. The most annoying part of carrying the items were not their weight, but their size and the balance of the items being all over the place. Made it hard to balance them properly. The bulky items also made it harder to get a solid simple grip on them.

"I can't see shyke, S'Essy." The items stacked up over his line of sight. "So plese, be a good girl and guide me to the stables. And I can carry a lot more than this, no worries, S'Essy. I didn't get weaker over the years. Not for another decade at least."

He would have winked, but with a tent resting against his brow, that was about a useless gesture as any. He'd make it to the stables if S'Essy would guide him correctly. The first act would be to carefully place the items on the ground near their horses.

"I believe I was promised a price of some sorts." Markus reminded her with a bit of pride in his voice.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 16th, 2014, 9:55 am

Polite thing to do. She rolled her eyes and didn't even bother to answer back to that. For some reason it just really annoyed her. She ignored it, it was morning, both of them were not fully awake probably. At least S'Essy wasn't, but the journey was just about to start, she didn't let this to stop her.

A mischievous smile appeared on her face which Markus wouldn't see because of the pile of stuff he was carrying. She? Having fun at his expense? Would she do that? She would and she did. She chuckled how he carefully balanced the bought items through the door frame and also along the tavern. She was really just waiting for the moment he would let something drop on the ground. A moment of victory. She closed the door with the key and as they were heading out she gave the key back to Matilda. "Good morning and thank you!"

They were out the streets. She looked around. It was really early morning, not many people were out. "Good morning Syliras, I will leave again." She said like anyone would hear other than her and Markus. She looked at the knight, who had trouble seeing things. Would she win after all? "Yeah sure I'll be a good girl. And I don't worry, as I said yesterday I saw you were working hard."

She was guiding Markus to the Stables. First she made a mistake and made them go to the wrong street. But then she found her way to their destination. Their horses were ready, they could ride with them. "Here we are!" She was nervously looking at her own animal. Luckily she was distracted by Markus, who dropped everything on the ground and claimed the prize. "Yeah,yeah! So what do you want? I told you can choose. What do you wish from me?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on July 16th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Markus carried the things in a silence as S'Essy said her farewells to the city she had just arrived in. Markus' goodbye would most likely be more silent and heartfelt than her almost whimsical goodbye. But it did put it in perspective. His adopted home town. Last time he would see it until mid-summer. He shook the thoughts from his mind and focused on the burden in arms. Best not to trip and throw them everywhere. S'Essy would never stop teasing him about that, no doubt. She led them along some path Markus could see out the corner of his eyes was the wrong way. Or rather, a longer route to the stables. But he didn't complain. Best to let her go the way she felt most comfortable with, even if longer. Unless she went a route that was completely the opposite way, he would voice no concern. But luckily she found the correct path to the stables. He was beginning to feel the strain on his arms as they neared the stables. The acid build up in the muscles a bit discomforting and he was glad once they entered the stables that he could drop them off in a pile. He bent and unbent his arms to get some blood flowing through the limb. Get some energy back in those limbs. He could have used flux, but for such a menial task it seemed like a terrible idea.

"What? You're just going to let me choose the price?" Markus could not hide the disappointment in his voice. He had hoped she had prepared something or similar. Not an arbitrary gift. Though he quickly put his index finger to his chin as he thought. There were many things that came ot mind A mischievous smile crossed his lips. "Alright. I think I know what I want as my price."

He looked down at her body. Only lingered for a brief moment. There were no naughty thoughts behind his demeanour, only mischief. A simple way of getting back at her poking fun at him. Though he wondered, briefly, very briefly, if he was being cruel. She had offered the prize in good will. But it was pushed aside.

"I want to see you do a vertical handstand. And maintain it for half a chime." The curl of his lips. If she couldn't do it, he'd have his fun seeing her tumble about. Hopefully she wouldn't get injured. If they found some soft grass for her to do it on, it wouldn't hurt. If she could do it, he would be rather amazed with her agility. "If you can't do it today, then I want to see it before we reach Zeltiva." It was a lame prize. But the act that had won him the prize wasn't particularly noteworthy to begin with. Markus adjusted the double pin sword on his cloak and the boyish grin on his lips did not falter as he looked at S'Essy. Wondered what she would say to his demanded prize. Probably take it well. She had not been the type to quit, or so he remembered. Only his sword training had been too much for her.

"If you're capable."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 16th, 2014, 6:40 pm

The disappointment in his voice was suprising. He wanted a suprise? S'Essy was pondering for a moment. "Well I can come up with something..." But with what? She would have to think about during the trip though. Or not. He knew what he wanted. She was wondering what request would it be. Surely knowing him couldn't be that easy.

He looked down at her body. S'essy looked down at herself too. The only thing in her head that what was he thinking. He wanted to tease her back for sure. She felt it, there would be something behind that smile. Maybe he wanted her to use his sword again or do push ups or something. She couldn't imagine what. She took a deep breath and awaited for the answer.

..Which she really didn't like. She was shocked. Her eyes widened, her smile vanished and her stomach just didn't feel well. Way to go. She had 30 days to show her handstand. "WHAT?" Came out the loud question from her mouth. She hardly held a sword, would she be capable to stand on her hands. No she won't let him. She would do it. She would show him that she could. While he would laugh at his attempts."Seriously you just want to laugh at me. You are not matured afterall." Said as a grin also appeared on her face. And something came to her mind. "Fine, I'll do it today. With three conditions. First, I can lean against a tree or at least you keep my legs up. Second, you give me a massage. Three, I can try shielding on you. A magic which wouldn't harm you, don't worry. Deal?" She extended her hand for a handshake.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on July 18th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Markus was surprised by her strong outburst from the calm healer he had known as a teenager. The loud what did get a horse to back away from her and awakened several others who had slumbered peacefully as the two had been quiet enough thus far not to wake them all. Markus' grin only widened as the surprise gave way to amusement. He had truly caught he off guard with that demand. The different emotions that flared across her face until she finally seemed to accept it with a very determined expression. Markus gasped when she claimed he had not matured at all. His right hand rested against his chest and he had a fake injured look upon his face. Stared at her in this manner before he broke into the warm smile she had known from their earlier days.

The morning had already gotten more interesting. Enough to get him awake. Though he could still use a bell or two more of sleep. Markus listened interested as she mentioned her different conditions for doing the handstand. Markus shrugged and conceded the first point for the training purposes. But he wanted to see her do it freely and without assistance. The second condition had him quite surprised and his eyes widened and the smile on his lips stiffened. A massage. Markus was horrible at giving massages, no doubt. He did not have the delicate touch required to soften muscles and relieve tension. I am a warrior, not a harlot or masseuse. Though he couldn't deny he wouldn't mind getting his hands on that body. A part of him wondered if that was what her intention. To tempt him. Excite him. But those questions were blown away with what she said next. Magic. She was a mage. And she wanted to experiment on him. Markus' eyes were wide with a mix of astonishment and downright discomfort. She might tell him to not worry and claim it wouldn't harm him. But he didn't like the idea of anyone using magic on him. But shielding he knew about. Years ago in the djed storm, shielders had saved the fields outside Syliras. Left the order seeking new shielders to replace those lost to the storm.

Despite that rationale that they had saved arguably Syliras' most important asset, he didn't enjoy the idea.

"You're a mage?" He finally managed to stammer out after several very long ticks of silence as he stared at her still. Had she always been a mage? Had she told him once or was this a new development? He couldn't remember. Much had been lost to the decay of time and the long absence between the two of them. Though he felt he would have remembered something this important.

"I don't feel comfortable with you using magic on me. And I know you wouldn't do anything to harm me, not intentionally at least." The memory of a sword slashing across his ankle came to mind. "But I am still not comfortable with it. At least not without me seeing how it works first. And I don't want you to use it inside the city. Later. When we find a cabin you can show me what it does. Okay?" Markus took a deep breath. There was not much he feared, but what magic could do to him did fear him. But his worry was not entirely for himself. He stepped a little closer to S'Essy then. His mouth only inches away from her ear. "We should also keep this between us, S'Essy. People tend to react negatively to people claiming they're mages." Markus stepped away. "Even if it is beneficial. But that is my one condition - no wait, I want you to be able to do the hand stand on your own. I can help you as you practise. But in the end, you should be able to do it on your own. But help me pack as we speak." Markus put one of the saddle bags over the back of his horse. He figured he would be carrying most of the food stuff and weapons. She would get the tents and camp gear. Made sense.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 18th, 2014, 6:09 pm

That fake gesture, when he put his hand on his chest and made a painful look on his face, just assured that she was right.

She was curious his reaction to her conditions. What made a big suprise for him when he asked that she is a mage. She didn't consider herself as one. She sighed. If he didn't feel confident enough then he didn't, she didn't want to force him. Though in the end it seemed that he accepted it. He stepped closer, the Konti was confused what to do and he leaned closer to her ear. Thank the gods, he didn't see her little blush. She never really told anyone. Not to him also. It wasn't something she shared often.

"Why do you think I only told you just now? Because I know I can trust you with this and nobody is around. Unless the horses are kelvics..." She pointed at them. She was considering the training. She promised that she would give his prize. She had to keep it. "Okay fine, just as training. But you give me a massage." She raised her eyebrows at him, then grabbed the tents.

She put also the saddle bags as Markus did, she pretty much just copied him. The tents and the camp gear was there. But the harder part just had to come. Her face was red. "So... Yeah riding. Could you show me?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next