Furry "Friends?"

Palla is at work when the unexpected happens...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Furry "Friends?"

Postby Palla Frostfawn on June 1st, 2014, 4:20 pm

OOCI'm sorry that this post is so late. Please tell me if you have a problem with the timestamp or the post itself.
1st of Summer, 514 AV

It was just a normal day for Palla. She had already woken up and arrived at her shop, and was now starting to carve. Palla picked walked into her back room, opened her toolkit, and picked up a gouge with a shallow sweep, her knife, and a v-tool. Palla started to carve, using her knife and the shallow gouge to rough out the shape of a small round box and its lid. She used a V-tool to carve the crevices of the inside of the box and lid. She then sanded the box and put it on her shelf.

Palla picked up another block of wood and contemplated what to carve. She was deciding what she wanted to do when her door opened. It was a customer, an Akalak who, towering above Palla with a serious expression on his face, intimidated her greatly. Palla looked up to him and stammered. "H-Hello, sir. H-How may I help you?" The man smiled at her, amused by her stammering, and Palla relaxed.

"I would like a small bird for my wife, please." The man said. Palla had memorized the where everything in her shop was by now, and lead him to the section of a shelf that held birds. He picked out the smallest one, not one of Palla's best works, but a simple and sweet one nevertheless. "T-That'll be five silver mizas, sir." He counted out five coins and placed them in Palla's hand, taking the bird and walking out.

Palla sat back down at her carving table, carving a chipmunk as she had already decided. She was in the middle of roughing out the form when the door creaked open. Palla turned around.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes