Solo Vindictive Displays of Affection

Lenz meets a man who shares the same feelings for justice as she does. She starts working for him as a private assassin

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Vindictive Displays of Affection

Postby Lenz on June 3rd, 2014, 4:04 am

34th of Summer, 514 AV

It was a warm night and one that Lenz would never forget. She was wandering the streets with her hands stuffed in the pockets of her jacket when a burly man came tumbling out from behind a corroding building.

Lenz noticed the disturbance before it occurred, sparing herself from a tackle to the ground. Instead of shouting at him and spewing out insults and vulgar commands, she simply sneered before pressing on through the vast and treacherous city of drunks, prostitutes, criminals and the penniless.

She lately hadn’t been haunted by any dreams or nightmares. Frankly, this was because she hadn’t slept for the past forty eight bells. She was beginning to doze off into dreamless slumbers for short amounts of time before jolting awake to find herself surrounded by various foreign or unfamiliar objects and individuals.

Her mind had been feeling rather full. She had been thinking about many different things recently, all of which strayed and purposefully avoided the death of the child or the scars of the woman’s heart and soul.

She was frequently strolling throughout the city during either the early morning, the noon of which the sun struck the high of the sky and pierced its vivacious rays of molten destruction down upon the fragile and frail earth. She was often seen wandering aimlessly through the bleakness of the night as well, when the moon’s tentative rays of glowing embers danced around overhead the soil of dark and abrasive longing.

Tonight was one of those grueling nights and her mind was at ease, filled to the brim with alternative thoughts and devoid of problematic issues to dwell on. It was deleterious to her to contemplate things that were of no importance. They scarred her, marred her and occasionally blinded her with their caliginosity.

She was sauntering through the streets and up and down alleyways without an ulterior motive. Her mind was inferior to her body as it merely waltzed into the depths of the town without purposeful and proper function or obedience. And soon, she found herself rounding a corner and materializing in front of an obstacle.

A man with a grotesque bear full of ubiquitous crumbs and debris was stumbling out from a side alleyway and into her line of path. He was obviously drunk, his belly extensive with the liquid sloshing around inside and his mouth was moving, muttering and mumbling absolute nonsense as he fumbled from the shadows and into her view.

She ran into him, colliding with his bestiary form and falling on her behind as she did. He was licking his lips and groaning, staring down at her with eyes the colour of the rising sun. They were yellow, but it was irresolute, the exact shade.

She had been paranoid, seeing things that weren’t really there for the past few days. She couldn’t comprehend whether she was losing her mind or just her sense of oblivious nature. She was becoming more aware of her surroundings. It wasn’t like she was never certain about what was happening around her; ever since the child died it has become more imperative she know what was going to happen before it did.

She kept a watchful eye on all corners of her figure. The north perpetrated a line of insight where the west provided optimal resistance when faced against the east. The south was always lingering on the verge of untouchability, but she was fervent on casting the light on its misty hues until it shone and screamed for mercy.

She was vigilant, and that was a trait that was crucial to the environment she had burdened herself with.

It was a complimentary attribute, she thought. Personally, had she not born the trait she would have been lying face down in a ditch, her spiritless vessel a public obituary as any by passers walked by to petch her where she lay. It was a thought worth shuddering for. It wasn’t going to happen though, for she kept her head out of the clouds, or tried to, and her subconscious feelings at bay, again- tried to.

This man however, he seemed fruitless with intentions too sinister to calculate. His mind was reeling at the devious possibilities he was fortunate enough to muster. He didn’t manage far before placing his hand on the woman’s shoulder. She shrugged it off and watched him with inconclusive orbs.

“Don’t touch me,” she seethed before sizing him up and in turn making herself appear taller and larger than she truly was.

It was a neutral feeling to her now, attempting to intimidate her opponent by gravitating her centre of balance and enforcing her eyebrows to slant downwards, her lips to curl upwards and her eyes to narrow in vigorous pensiveness.

“But you look so lovely,” he slurred in response, his eyelashes dancing as he blinked rapidly.

She spat at him, growling in protest, which only made the man more voracious. He took a step forward and laced his other hand in hers. She was easily provoked now, stepping to the side before slamming her foot on his. She pivoted on her other foot before turning and sending an elbow into his side. With a cry in reply, she continued her unrelenting progress.

She was now behind his back, her back facing the empty alleyway. She charged her brain, the neurons and cells working against the clock as she configured another set of techniques to bring this bastard down. She was furious, for why did everyone see her and then instantly wish to show their dominance? She wasn’t as weak as she appeared and this was something she aspired to prove.

With her body against the rear of the brute, she thrust her foot out and sent a crippling blow to the back of his knee. He fell forward, onto his hands and knees, shouting objections.

“Do I look lovely now?” she cried ruthlessly before rolling over his back and landing on her feet, this time facing the thug with an earnest expression for justice.

He did something wrong and to her, which made it all that more personal. He deserved to be punished, and although by how he would be served remained unclear, she was certain an idea would pop up into her mind any time soon.

The man suddenly got up, taking the woman by surprise. Hadn’t she displayed enough barbarity to this man to earn some respect? Shouldn’t he be crawling back to his lodgings now that she had taught him a valuable lesson to not take people at first sight?

He stood up, he grimaced, he stared at her and then he let out a bellowing chuckle that sent shivers down the redhead’s spine.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on June 5th, 2014, 9:30 pm

It was alarming, the tremors that spread through the earth and ignited its vibrations up her calves and into her thighs. Finally the octaves of the laugh landed underneath her ribcage, causing pain to blossom near her spleen.

It was just all too unfair!

He was quick for a drunken man, sending a right hook to her jaw. It landed with a crash, but it wasn’t accurately placed, the connection only enough to send her off balance and plummeting to her right hand side.

She landed with a thump, her arm preventing any further injury to her person. It propped her up as she regained her balance. With her free hand she checked her jaw for any wounds. It hurt with such intensity she would have thought it to be broken, but nothing seemed out of place. This only fueled her rage as she propelled herself to her feet.

“You would hit a woman?” she giggled maniacally, earning a confused expression from the brute before her. She took this moment of hesitation to her advantage as she sprung forward, planting her right foot and jumping. She sent a flying side kick to the man’s unexpecting abdomen. This time it was his turn to descend into the dirt beneath him.

He landed in a heap much like Lenz had, but he let out a groan instead. This exonerated any form of remorse in the woman’s heart- watching someone fall before her was a pleasurable experience to watch.

She ended up in a crouching position, her hands held out in front of her for balance. Being only a novice in acrobatics and with only a standard experience in unarmed combat she ended up toppling head over heels at the momentum she had given herself. It was an embarrassing thing to see, but she did not blush. Instead, she stood up, brushed herself off and waited for the man to stand to resume this sentimental fight in the streets of the night.

“Get up,” she hissed.

The man did as he was commanded to do.

“Why you petching vagik,” he spat before crawling onto his knees. He glanced up at the woman only to earn a heel to the face. Lenz had thrown her leg outwards and into his nose. A noise of cracking surfaced into the horizon. She had just broken the man’s nose.

“There is no use in allowing for my time to deteriorate. You’re worthless and unnecessary of depleting any further moment I need. I’ll spare you the threatening speech of demise and instead walk over your writhing body to continue to trek through the city.”

It was a rhetorical announcement and she spoke it with heartfelt meaning before actually putting her words to the test and hovering over the thug’s quivering figure. She glared down at him as he clutched his nose. She felt her jaw and massaged it with her index and middle finger, rotating her fingers into the soft flesh. It felt good, but pain still radiated from the wounded source.

She fled, stepping over the man’s body to continue her mindless stroll through the corrupt city. She did not look back and she certainly didn’t care for what she had done to the male. He deserved it and that was the last thing that flowed through the child’s mind.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on June 21st, 2014, 6:57 pm

Suddenly her attention was drawn elsewhere. After her pent up emotions descaled until they reached the level of normalcy, she had just crept around the corner of a building where she saw something in the midst of the night.

A strange fog seemed to swirl through this alleyway, but it was nothing unusual. Nothing was unusual to the woman any more. Things had been turned end over end until the edges were bent her mind had turned to mush.

She couldn’t fathom or fantasize about reality any longer, for once you realised what it was like, and there was no going back to those imaginary creations inside the depths of your mind. It was painful torture to come to the conclusion that your life is a waste of time, that you have no purpose and that it isn’t fair.

This was what Lenz came to understand just last season.

The exact last day of spring her life had turned end over end, the edges bent and he mind turned to mush. She was corrupted by the never ceasing visual of unfairness. Questions blurred her perspective and her sanity drained from out of her mouth, nose and ears. She couldn’t think for the first few days and even more so after the initial shock had vanished.

Now, she simply tried her best to suppress her thoughts and emotions, but it wasn’t always easy. In fact it was actually much harder for her to forget to think or to avoid feeling than it was just feeling and thinking about what was going on right then and there.

It scarred her mind and caused her perceptions to falter. She didn’t know what was real and what wasn’t any more and that scared her beyond belief. Fear was now her master and she was not master of anything. Yet.

Once she came closer to the figure she noticed that it was most likely just a wandering local, possibly inebriated or worse. She tried to side step from out of his path, but he didn’t move. He stopped right where she stood so that they were face to face. However, this figure didn’t have a face. It was frightening to not be able to look into the eyes of your opponent, but Lenz remained brave and didn’t show any weakness.

“Get out of my way,” she grumbled before making herself seem larger than she really was.

Her opponent was bordering on six and a half feet if not more. It was intimidating, but she would be the master of intimidation. She flared her nostrils and raised the corners of her mouth so that they formed a snarl. She let out a deep guttural sound from the bottom of her throat before clenching her fists if the need for physical violence was of necessity.

“I don’t think you want that,” came a deep and booming voice

It was so dark and mysterious that no one could have resisted the little insects that run up and down your spine. She felt chills crawling down her back and eliciting the interest of the hairs on the back of her neck.

She cringed inwardly, but remained stoic on the outside. She didn’t want to bring down her wall, for she had used up too much time just trying to build it to its maximum potential.

“How do you know what I do and do not want?” she questioned him, trying to peer from underneath his hood.

It shrouded his face with its shadows and the night time light didn’t help her much either. She couldn’t see anything of his face, but at least she knew now that he was a male and not a female.

Taking her examination further, she noticed that his shoulders were broad like that of a man’s and his height was exceeding that of even the tallest of woman. It was troublesome just standing next to someone of such elaborate height.

Lenz was getting dizzy just looking up at him so she let go of the force field that kept her eyes locked onto his invisible ones. She opted to look at the walls of the alleyway instead.

I need to stop coming down these, she thought to herself as she continued to observe the brick and wooden walls that closed the couple in.

“I know because we share the same passion,” he replied coarsely.

Immediately did his words pique her interest. They shared the same passion? Did they have similar interest or similar taste for vengeance? Were they two of the same or was this man just joking with her; pulling her strings like she were a puppet such as she had been her entire life?

“Petch off,” she shouted at him, disbelieving in his theory that they were alike.

“That is what you would like isn’t it?”

She didn’t say anything.

“I have been watching you for a while now and I feel that we could work together to bring those that don’t deserve to live to their demises,” he explained.

That was when Lenz was all in.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on June 25th, 2014, 12:14 am

“I’m listening,” she said nonchalantly. She didn’t want to see too eager, for fear of desperation and its creeping and crawling abilities. It would slip from out beneath the cracks in the flooring and obliterate any chance she was currently longing for.

“You may call me ‘A’,” he announced randomly.

“’A’?”

“That is what I said, yes.”

“Is that short for something?” queried Lenz.

“It is short for many things, but all of which are held in secret as of yet,” came the shrouded figure’s reply.

He was ominous and mysterious and the cloak that concealed his identity made the situation seem even more real if not a little chilling.

It was as if she was going to get kidnapped by masked bandits that were hiding away on the rooftops above. They were waiting to drop down, kill everyone in sight besides the woman with the scarlet, flaming hair.

The thought made her spine quiver more than it already was. A gentle breeze flew in from the opening channel until it met around her ankles and swam up to the back of her neck.

“Okay.”

“I have a similar dislike towards those who do wrong. After observing you and your doings, I have come to the education and fairly infallible conclusion that you too share that same distaste and are willing to do almost anything to rid those without morals, am I correct in saying this?”

Lenz nodded her head as the dim lighting nearly pierced her vision. She was blinded for a moment before wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeve. “You are right,” she added.

“After this analysis, I have gone out of my way to find you and track you down so that the two of us can formally meet. A bit of an uncanny and informal way of meeting, might I say, but a meeting nonetheless.”

His voice was filled to the brim with melancholy, yet was laced with authoritative vice, the vice Lenz found herself quickly wishing to forage for.

She was in withdrawal and his voice and the words that left his mouth were her high. She craved him at that particular moment and encouraged him to continue why the nod of her head as though she understood ever letter that dripped from off his tongue.

“I have hired others to assist me on certain missions,” he continued softly. “These missions are classified and all are different from one another as to not draw skeptical eyes, do you understand?”

Lenz nodded her head yet again.

“If you are willing to aid me in the battle against evil, I would like to hear your word on the matter. Are you, Lenz, with me on this?”

“I am truly,” she answered hastily.

“Very well then,” he spoke flatly. “You will start receiving letters from me when I am in need of your services. You will earn pay at the end of every season and with that pay will come another letter. All with be discreet as I assume you will be about this newfound profession.” It was a subtle question, but one the woman comprehended well.

“I understand everything,” she said, nodding her head yet again.

“I do not appreciate questions now, do you hear?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Therefore if anything is questioned about the assignments I send you there will be trouble heading your way. I hope there won’t be discord between us, don’t you?”

Dropping her gaze down to her feet she watched the toe of her dominant foot scuff the ground. “There will not be any discord between us.”

“Look at me when you say this please.”

Lenz looked up and glared into what she assumed was where his eyes were located. “There will not be any discord between us, sir,” she said loudly and harshly.

“Very well then,” he whispered as he started to back away. “The both of us shall part in different ways until the letter will arrive.”

“I understand,” Lenz breathed, but the masked vigilante had already disappeared.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes