Solo What Do I Do With This?

Finn works to figure out how to use his latest pair of knives. He may have to use them sooner than he thinks though.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

What Do I Do With This?

Postby Finn Saetta on June 10th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Finn meandered down the street looking for a good place to practice with his new knives privately. It wasn't illegal, at least he didn't think so, to practice with knives in public. Finn was never one to pay attention to new laws or anything like that though. For all he knew, at this moment there could be some new law prohibiting concealed weapons or something. He hoped not. With the amount of weapons on his person, he'd probably be executed if that was the case. The sad thing was, he didn't know how to use half of them, and the ones he knew how to use, he wasn't good with at all. He had garottes, knives up his sleeves, in his boot, in sheathes on his belt... And he was failing at using any of them. In fact, the last time he had pulled a knife from his sleeve, the had pulled it out blade first, slicing his hand in the process. "Maybe it's time to find an actual assassin to teach me..." Finn thought to himself, before shaking his head. He wanted to be able to say that he was "self taught", and doubted that there were any other assassins in Syliras anyway.. He slid one of his wrist knives out of its place sown into his sleeve, grabbing the hilt, and starting to pretend slash it in the air, pretend parrying and attacking. He put that one up, and slid the other one out of his other sleeve. He then put it back and started to practice moving them quietly and quickly from his sleeves into his hands. After a few mistakes, and nicked fingers, he gave up on finding a private place, and sat down on a bench.
Last edited by Finn Saetta on June 12th, 2014, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finn Saetta
Player

Words: 6350
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

What Do I Do With This?

Postby Finn Saetta on June 10th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Finn sat up as a man with a strangely scarred face walked up to him. "You need help with those knives..."
"I do not. I have it under control!" Apparently the man must have seen him messing around with his wrist knives. It was true that he needed help, but he wasnt about to accept it from some stranger who he might have to pay. The man pulled out a short sword from seemingly out of nowhere. "Attack me."
Finn hoped the man just wanted to spar, as well as hoping that it was legal, as he slid a knife out with a flick of his wrist. It slid into his hand perfectly, without nicking any fingers, or even his palm. It was a testement to his practice. The only problem was he hadnt practiced the whole fighting part. He lunged at the man, slashing at the man's chest. He moved his short sword into the standard parrying position. Finn's blade slammed into the short swords blade. It jarred painfully, and jerked out of his grip, falling to the ground. The man reached down and picked up the knife, and handed it back to him, before moving Finns hand over to where it should actually be on the handle. "Relax your hand. It should absorb the blow." Finn did as he suggested, and when he attacked and was parried, his blade stayed in his hand.
"I have to get going now. Maybe next time I see you, you can give me a good fight."
The man ran off as though he was late for something. Finn almost called out after him, but by then the man had lready turned the corner and was out of earshot. Finn was sure that he could've taken him. Those daggers were one of his problem weapons. It was his other daggers that he was good with. The ones in the scabbards on his waist. As well as his cloak. Yes it was a weapon too. It had blades sown into the hem of it, which were good for surprise attacks.
Finn Saetta
Player

Character sheet

What Do I Do With This?

Postby Finn Saetta on June 11th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Finn thought that he should probably find shelter for the night, but a strange, overpowering curiousity overcame him. He wanted to test his limits with another, more powerful weapon. Arguably, it was his most dangerous weapon, and not just for others. But what if he needed to use it later on. He needed to get control over it. He concentrated on his right hand, focusing all of his mind on that one spot. After a few seconds, there was a change. Not a big change, or even a very noticible one, but a change nonetheless. The fingernails on his hand had gotten darker, and slightly longer. As he watched, the change sped up, his fingernails turning obsidian, and curved. They developed into claws, and from those claws, like a disease it started to spread. The back of his hand turned black, and started to develop scales. It spread up his arm quickly. "Nonononono!" He said quietly to himself, holding his newly transformed arm under his cloak. And the change was still spreading, accross his chest, and over to his other arm. Finn concentrated trying to stop the spread before it reached his face. Who knew what might happen if he fully morphed in public. Would he even be able to turn back? He had almost no control over this magic. New muscles rippled underneath his cloak, threatening to rip his shirt to peices, and finaly, it stopped. He had managed to stop a full transformation, and only his arms and chest had been changed. Luckily, only his hands were changed fully, which was the reason he still had a shirt on. The Claws on his right hand sheathed themselves like a cat, and Finn started concentrating on morphing back. The scales gradualy faded back, like the recess of a wave, until he sat, back fully in human form, on the bench. Finn decided that he had had enough excitement for the day, so he headed off to find accommodations for the night.
Finn Saetta
Player

Character sheet

What Do I Do With This?

Postby Radiant on June 12th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Do you know what time it is? Magical Goddess represent!

Hello! I'm Radiant, DS of Syliras, I have noticed you have some problems that needs fixing. Until you do so, you may not RP in the forums.

1. This thread does not make sense. It is clear you have not read the lore regarding Syliras. Please read the links I have posted below.

2. Your CS is still incomplete, please check them.

Useful Links:
-Syliras
-Syliran Knights
-Syliran Districts
-Map of Syliras
-Map of Syliras Domain
-Rules for posting in Syliras
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)