Open A Wild Ride

Come take a ride with meeee

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

A Wild Ride

Postby Roscoe on June 12th, 2014, 3:29 am

3rd of Summer, 514 AV

Cause why not :

Falling.

He was..... Falling.

"Wait, what?!"

The sudden exclamation came as Roscoe realized he was plummeting through the air at alarming speeds. He twisted and turned his body around to try and get an idea of which way he was going, but to no avail. All around was a blue sky in every direction, clouds visible in the distance in some places, though never near him. He was just..... Falling. No explanation or anything. It puzzled him, and he spent what felt to him like hours trying to figure out what was really going on. But to no avail. So he just kept falling, and falling, and falling, and falling, and......

"Wait..... If I'm falling, why don't I feel the wind?" A look of wonder and incredulity spread across Ros' face like butter spread on toast in that instant as he realized he wasn't falling at all. He was just lying down, on nothing. "Of course!" He exclaimed. "Should've guessed as much."

At this point, he pulled himself up off the ground- or whatever it was- and looked around. Suddenly he wasn't in the sky anymore. He was in a small room, like you might see in a tavern in the back, where they'd keep barrels of ale and things of that nature. But no such luck here, just an empty room. After a moment of poking around and wondering at the remarkable lack of things in the room, he noticed a little corner table that hadn't been present before- or at least, he hadn't noticed it. On the table there was a book with something written on the cover in big, bold letters. At first they were unreadable, but after a moment either the letters or his eyes adjusted to change that.

"ROSCOE"

"Huh." He marveled at the book. "What are the odds?"

He opened the book with great enthusiasm, eager to see what was held within, unknowing of the things he would soon behold. As he flipped open the first page he was no longer in the room. He was in some jungle. It was unlike any place he had ever been. The trees were thick and tall- true giants. The flora was all so massive and so green, and he could hear alien howls in the distance. All in all, it was weird. But it had only just begun. He suddenly heard a voice call out from behind him.

"So, I see you've finally arrived. How've you been?" It was a calm, easy voice. It sounded feminine. Spinning around to see it, he was met with a strange sight indeed. A frog- or a toad, he wasn't sure what the difference was- stood before him. It was green all over, similar to what was on the plants. He noticed after a moment that it was also as big as him, maybe a little taller. And yet, something about the whole situation struck him as remarkably normal.

"Oh, you know. Quite alright. Got into a little trouble recently, but nothing I can't handle."
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Words: 85779
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

A Wild Ride

Postby Billie on June 12th, 2014, 8:52 am

The jungle, of all places was where the young woman found herself suddenly, and on the highest possible branch of a tree no less. It shouldn’t have even supported her weight, considering it was thinner than her leg. The height was dizzying, and she wanted to get down. Birds were circling her, and getting far too close to her head. When she really listened, she could hear they were speaking recognizable words in Nari “Idiot! Moron! Don’t fall, clumsy!” They cawed in her ears moronically.”Shut the perch up you birds, you don’t know me!"

Creeper vines provided her a convenient path that slowly spiraled down and around the tree trunk until they hit the ground. The vines were as thick as her waist and she found herself hugging the tree in a death grip as she cautiously negotiated them. When she finally made it to the ground, she was rather shocked to see the faint outline of a man talking to a giant frog some ways in the distance. It looked a long way away from her, but the distance seemed to fold in on itself as she took the first couple of steps.

She appeared close behind the young man with a curiously look “Well that’s… normal,” She said loudly enough for him to hear, yet she kind of meant it to be a thought. She blinked and walked towards the frog “Maybe I’ve finally gone crazy.” She thought aloud again.

After a while of staring at the weird creature, she turned to look at the man “Who are you then?” She asked him. His eyes somehow looked similar to hers. In fact he looked pretty similar to her in general. But she figured questioning that would be kind of redundant when she was already talking to a giant green toad. “Who could you be, you look like me.” Why was she rhyming? And why did she just contradict her own thoughts?

Questions, questions, she may as well keep asking them “Where are we, I was just up in that tree” She muttered quietly as she turned to study the tree she descended not long ago. But it was gone “Weird, it’s gone.” She said blinking and straining her eyes.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari
#4040FF= Speaking Fratava

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Words: 84502
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Wild Ride

Postby Roscoe on June 12th, 2014, 9:10 am

"Yeah, so then we went all the way up and out, it was insane. You should have been there." The frog said enthusiastically.

"I know it. I'll try to make it home this year." Roscoe replied. He wasn't really sure what they were talking about but felt like he was making some really excellent responses. In fact, he just felt fantastic about everything. He was having a great visit with his new friend Bailey the forest frog, and life was just so good.

So. Good.

Then he heard somebody saying something behind him. He turned around to look and saw a girl, but he wasn't really sure what she was saying. He could hear it, but it was like it wasn't really words at first. It was just noise. He noticed she looked somewhat like him, which was interesting, but not as interesting as the cigar that suddenly appeared in his hands. He lit it up and as he began to smoke her words started being words.

“Who could you be, you look like me?” She asked. “Where are we, I was just up in that tree.... Weird, it’s gone. She stated the second portion of her sentence as Roscoe began to set the table behind them. It was set for four spaces- One for Bailey, one for his new friend, one for himself, and one for somebody he was sure was coming. "Trees disappear sometimes, you know? I heard once people use them to make parchment. And sometimes people make fire with them. I like to use them for tables. This is a good table." It was truly a magnificent table. It was one of the greatest pieces of craftsmanship that had ever come out of the frog society. Perfect in every way. It had the customary semicircle design- three seats along the outside and a raised seat on the flat side. Designed to allow a frog to enjoy the thrill of conversation and fine eats with his non frog chums.

"Say deary, why don't you come have a seat and we can begin the festivities!" Bailey said, enthusiasm clearly detectable in her voice. While Roscoe set the table, she had donned an exquisite frog suit, clearly tailored from the very finest silks. Its soft lavendar complemented her natural greens wonderfully. Ros was also much better dressed than usually, wearing a suit made of black and white silk. It had a strange pattern he had never seen, squares of black next to squares of white. He sensed that the word for that was 'checkered', but he had no idea what that even meant.

Bailey extended one of her frog arms to offer the new guest a cup of tea.

"By the way, what is your name, friend?"
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

A Wild Ride

Postby Billie on June 12th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Billie sat down at the table for tea. She felt she might offend her new friends if she didn’t. But boy did she regret it. You see, the frog had a knack for exquisite wears, as well as fine furniture, fine tea and fine etiquette. All of these things made her rather uneasy. The event was obviously formal, because suddenly she was surrounded by silk suits. When she looked down at herself however, she was shocked to see a lovely red dress, embroiled with lace. Her short hair had been straightened, and seemed to have grown in length so it now reached her shoulders. Her lips were coated in some grotesque red paint which matched the colour of the dressed that was hugging her boyish figure. “I look ridiculous!” She protested.

But she did sit down near the toad and the man, and she was asked her name “Billie” She replied simply “I’m Billie and I don’t like this outfit.” She reminded the toad in case it had forgotten in the last chime. Still she put up with it and peered at her tea, and then tentatively took the mug from her host, the frog in the lavender suit. She took a sip and then looked at her company “How about you two? What are you called?” She had to admit, she’d never seen finer things, let alone drank tea from them. It tasted sweet, Billie was a fan of tea, coffee, and sweet things.

She still felt far to ridiculous to be completely comfortable. Never had she adorned such an outrageous outfit, or contemptible cosmetics. Her eyelashes felt as though they were longer than her fingernails. “My compliments on the tea.” She added “What festivities are there to be had, exactly?”
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Wild Ride

Postby Roscoe on June 15th, 2014, 10:55 pm

As Roscoe began to sip his tea, he turned to look at his new friend to see if she had taken her seat yet. He was surprised to see that she had donned a rather beautiful red dress and looked quite pretty in it. Her sudden exclamation "I look ridiculous!" told him that she clearly felt otherwise, but that was okay. Not everyone would always feel comfortable in such fine company. Indeed, to dine with such royal creatures as the forest frogs was nothing short of an impossibly huge honor. Anybody would be harsh on themselves in such circumstances. She continued after that. "Billie." So Billie was her name. A pretty name, Roscoe thought to himself. "I'm Billie and I don't like this outfit." Now that she mentioned it Ros didn't really like his outfit that much either. He usually liked more practical things. But again, they were in the presence of royalty of an almost divine stature. Finally, she seemed to become more comfortable with the situation. Taking a seat she began to drink the tea and asked them “How about you two? What are you called?”

"My name is Roscoe." Roscoe replied. "And you may call me Croakette." Their hostess interjected. Seeming more comfortable, or at least more willing to talk now, Billie continued. “My compliments on the tea. What festivities are there to be had, exactly?”

"Thank you my dear, it's a family recipe." Croakette replied, her cheeks turning red from the flattery. "Festivities? Roscoe, what shall we do now?"

He was about to respond, when suddenly the ground started shaking violently, like there was an earthquake. He wanted to speak but for some reason or another he couldn't in that moment. It wasn't clear what was going on, so he simply waited.

ooc :
You can feel free to alter the environment/characters/etc. as you wish. If you want we can continue around the table or you can construct a different place for us to be. Your choice. :)
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

A Wild Ride

Postby Billie on June 23rd, 2014, 6:57 am

oocSorry about the wait. Was suddenly bombarded with a lot more shifts at work, and a whole heap of University assignments! Most of my breaks from that were spent sleeping haha

As the ground shook everything began to change. The majestic jungle, the pretty little tea party, the strange frog, appropriately named Croakette and the young man were slowly peeled away as if the entire scene was a painting on the wall being torn into shreds. They were on the streets of Sunberth now, except everything was so different. Billie gasped as the usually violent and shabby streets were painted in all the colours conceivable. Shades of blue, green, violet, orange coats the cobblestones and buildings. Every man and woman wore something expensive and made of silk. And it didn’t end there.

All of them were frozen, and when Billie got up the courage to poke one of the inanimate figures, he started dancing. Billie gasped and jumped back, crashing into the man who called himself Roscoe. “Sorry” She muttered “What an incredible renovation…!” She mused. She wasn’t out of place now, in fact the beautifully dressed woman fit in perfectly with this crowd. The crowd had now started a sort of flash mob of dancers.

She looked to the frog for some guidance; she wasn’t she why she assumed the FROG would know what was going on. In fact the idea was ludicrous. “Okay, I think I liked Sunberth the way it was before.” She said as she set off to see if the entire city had been bathed in this never ending rainbow coloured jubilee. They better not have touched her house. Sadie would hate this just as much, if not more than Billie would, and it would mean she would be in a downright evil mood.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets