[Flashback] Bloody Memories (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Kro on September 29th, 2010, 5:37 pm

Music:

Time Stamp: 27th day, Spring , 506 AV

It had been two years exactly since the death of Kalana, and Kro still felt a pit of rage inside of him. He only knew her for a few days, but it was as if he met an angel, and had her ripped away from him. He had killed Harskah a million times in his mind since that night. Every victim he saw as that wicked so called Captain. Every time he entered the pit, it was as if he was facing that same bastard over and over again. He wanted to tear him up at every moment of every day. Kro walked through the same alleyway Kalana was killed, gritting his teeth, as he growled in anger. His this brows arched inward, as his face turned red. Kro could not help but feel that his fight with Harskah wasn't over. He knew that he killed him, but he always had the eerie feeling as if that monster was watching him. He shook his head, knowing how foolish his thoughts were, but still he could not stop dreaming about that horrible night. When Kalana's body hit the floor a small piece of Kro died with her.

Kro went to the place he usually went to this time of night. The pits once more. He had grown a custom to the risk that filled his life. He even grew to like the feeling of gambling his own blood, skin, and breath to continue to live. This is as happy as Kro could ever be it seemed. He had grown to accept that he would never find another like Kalana. How he had wished to hold her in his arms like he did before he left for the pits. If only he had stayed there instead of heading out to fight. He knew he could have protected her if he had just stayed there. He tightened his fists at the thought. In the end there was no way around the fact that her death was entirely his fault. It was sweet irony at work. He killed those he didn't even want to in the process of his bloody rampage through life. Finally Kro made it to the pit. As he entered, his name was screamed throughout the pits. He had become quite popular here over the last couple of years.

He heard some refer to him as the beast, or the monster. In truth that is how the Eypharian felt. He was nothing like those of his kind he had grown up with. Politics and rhetoric never interested him. That was not him at all. However he was in love with weapons when he first saw the scimitar. He knew he was destined to fight. He felt almost guided by Krysus herself to fight. He shook his head at these thoughts. If only he knew the curse it would bring him. Finally Kro looked to his opponent. It was just another human. It seemed that all he had been facing was humans as of late. They bored him in a sense. Not that some of them weren't skilled warriors, but Kro always knew what to expect with them. They punch, they stab, they slice, and they retreat if they get hurt. But Kro would never allow them any space. He would always chase them down in a full frenzy of anger. Kro did not see a weapon in this ones hand so he assumed that he was a hand to hand fighter of sorts.

Kro charged forward, throwing his sword to the man only to have a blaze of fire rush towards him. Kro leaped backwards, feeling a wild burn against his right shoulder. He groaned in pain, before looking to the other, and whispering in a low voice, "Well this is a rare treat." The man did not reply, but instead through a ball of fire towards Kro. The Eypharian jumped upwards, dodging this time, before charging towards the target once more. He slashed towards the man, but suddenly felt his weapon hit against some sort of a shield of pure Djed. The wizzard then laughed before sending another wave of fire towards him. Kro just barely avoided this attack, moving swiftly to the right. He knew that if he could just get one hit, he would gain the upper hand in this battle, but it seemed that getting that hit would be no easy challenge.
Last edited by Kro on October 11th, 2010, 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Words: 57789
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2010, 11:40 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on September 29th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Kro was at odds. This was indeed a new challenge for Kro. He was unsure how this man could be defeated. Kro realized he could not attack this wizard due to his shielding, so instead he decided to focus on avoiding being attacked at all cost. He jumped and dodged each and every bust of flame. Members of the crowd caught on fire here and there, a mix of twisted laughter and cheering filling the room. Finally the magic wielder grew frustrated. He let a large amount of res escape from his hands, twisting and spinning it above him, before letting out a great wave of fire. Kro immediately turned around, grabbing two drunk men from the crowd. They struggled briefly before they were used as human shields. They let out great screams as they were ignited. Still the rest of the audience cheered in sheer blood lust. The wizard's eyes were now blood shot. The man knelt over, coughing out blood.

Kro knew this was his chance. He charged forward, sliding the hooks of his hook swords just beneath his shoulders, letting them stab deep into the nerves of the man's armpits, before yanking him upper cuts for his middle and right arm. The magic wielder cried out in pain, as he felt the full power of vexation amplify ever last blow. He felt as if he were torn apart by rabid wolves. Finally the man let out a spurt of fire, causing Kro to roar at the feeling of flame against his very chest. The Eypharian backed up, sliding his swords out from the man's pits. The wizard stood up once more, blood now dripping from his arms and mouth. His body was battered, and just barely standing. The man let out another blaze of fire towards Kro. The Eypharian ducked downward, but felt a small singe of pain as the fire just grazed his other shoulder. Suddenly the man began to stumble, his body hunkering downwards.

Kro immediately dashed forward, knocking the man over with a firm kick to the chest. He then pressed his foot against the man's chest, in his traditional execution style, aiming his blade carefully at the man's tender neck. The wizard let out a deep twisted laugh. He then looked to Kro's blue eyes, and whispered in a low voice, "Kill for Harskah. Kill like you always do, Kro." The Eypharian was confused. He leaned forward. "Harskah is dead. What do you know of him? What do you know of me?" he asked in an angry impatient tone, as his foot pressed all the harder against his chest. The man simply laughed as he mouthed the words, "you will see." Kro let out a roar in frustration, before planting the tips of his hooks firmly into the man's neck, pulling each in the opposite direction, causing the man's neck to burst into a splatter of blood and arteries.

This night Kro couldn't even hear the crowd's cheers. It meant nothing to him. He was too confused, too angry. The mere mention of that bastard caused old feelings to stir in Kro. What could of the man meant by that, Kill for Harskah. How did he know anything of Harskah..." He slashed angrily against the bricks of the alleyway, as he made his way back to his tent. It has been years, and still this fire was burning inside of Kro, much like his flesh. He gripped his chest and right shoulder, and let out a deep sigh. Once Kro finally made it back to his tent, he dressed his wounds in bandage, and then laid down against his bedding. How he missed Kalana. He wished she was by his side, holding tight to his body, but all Kro had in this world was pain and hatred. They were his best of friends and his worst of enemies, and sadly it seemed as if that was all he was ever going to have. He whispered the name softly before he fell asleep, "Kalana...."
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm

When Kro got back from his tent his head was stirring with thought. He was very unsure of exactly what the human meant by his words. Even as he began his daily exercises, his mind was somewhere else. The searing burns didn't even seem to cross his mind. Sure, they hurt, but he was to distracted by all of these new questions in his head to let the pain slow him down. His body pushed with all of it's strength, with each arm, switching from each set of arms interchangeably. This was truly second nature to him, as if his movements were guided by instinct alone. He gave a light grunt each time his body pushed up, feeling a slight pressure on his burning shoulders, but still he would not let this pain slow him down. He had fought through more pain than this before. He had set his push-up amount to 70 per set of arm, and once it was finally done, he could feel the difference, as numbness took over his arms. He then got down on his back, placing his top set of hands behind his head, before using his strength to sit his body up. He continued this over and over again, feeling a burn of progress stir in his abs, as he felt the pain of the literal burn on his chest, with each sit-up. Once he had finally reached his 70th sit-up exercise, he stood to his feet, and began to stretch, letting his body slowly relax.

Kro then removed his weapons from their holsters, before taking his flat sharpening rock in hand. He began to sharpen each edge of each sword. He began on the outside shaft of the sword, letting the weapons longest edge become all the more sharp with each flick of his wrist. He worked it from the bottom all the way up, looking down to the beautiful shine of the blade. Once the outer shaft of the sword was done, he moved on to the hook, working the rock against it as if he were trying to sculpt a master-piece. He let his wrist and hand curve in with each stroke. Finally after another good period of time, the hook was as sharp as a falcon's talon. "Beautiful," he thought. "Absolutely beautiful." He finished off the weapon by sharpening the outer handle. He worked the rock along the outer handle of the hook sword, knowing very well that it might need to be against an enemies skull someday. He paid special attention to detail, letting no dull spot go unnoticed. He gave a soft smile, looking down at his handy work, giving a slow nod in satisfaction. Finally he moved on to the next blade, giving it equal time and attention. He would never let himself forget the importance of a sharp blade. He knew very well that these blades were the difference between life and death for him, and he did not plan on dying anytime soon.

The Eypharian had finally finished with his nightly tasks, when all at once his tent came out from the ground, being tossed a good 20 feet away. Kro looked around in confusion. There was no wind to speak of. He held his newly sharpened swords in his hands, ready to use them. Then from the distance, he saw it.... A faint glow of an ethereal body.The form was large, and had six arms just like Kro. The words of the spirit slowly crept up on Kro as it spoke, it's tone like a knife to the throat, and it's voice was horribly familiar, "Hello again Kro... You couldn't possibly have thought I would have accepted death with open arms, could you? You robbed me of the life I worked so many years to have. No, I could not accept that. I spent the last 2 years working on my newly found skills. It's ironic, Kro. In killing me, you made me far stronger than I ever was in the flesh, and now I am going to do what I was sent here to do so long ago... I am going to kill you, Kro. The phantom Harskah let out a horribly cackle, before fading into nothingness. The living Eypharian looked all around, ready to strike at any moment. He knew that he could not let his guard down for a single moment. Then all at once he felt a sudden slash against his back. As he turned to face his attacker, the phantom appeared on his other side, slashing once more. "I am going to have my vengeance, Kro. The death of that pretty little trinket of yours will mean nothing in comparison to the spectacle your demise shall become!" He called out, as if speaking to the heavens.

Kro was almost stunned. He always believed the tail of ghosts to be nothing more than myth, and now he was being attacked by the ghost of his greatest enemy. Finally Kro, slashed in a quick horizontal spin, holding both weapons, slashing them in a movement of rare synchronism, slashing at the attacker, causing a strange mist to fill the air, as the former Jackal's screams rang through Kro's ears. The Eypharian was smart to have been practicing his dual wielding capabilities regularly over the last couple years. Kro gave a smirk, as he continued to angrily slash at the creature, mist flying every which way. Harkah cried out in pain, before finally fleeing, fading into nothingness, as his voice was heard one more time, "I will not rest until you are dead, Kro. You have my word on that!" Kro's body was now in great pain, and he still needed to re-prop his tent. The hurting six armed creature gathered the tarp, rope, poles, and stakes, before setting up his tent once more. This was all very troubling. He knew he could be attacked at any moment, and threw his foolishness and hatred, Kro had made his greatest of enemies stronger. If he had captured Harskah instead of killing him, he would not be in this mess, but then again Kro was not sure how long he could have kept the Captain without slitting his throat. His guess was not very long. Finally his tent was set, and his bedding was made. He slipped into bed, knowing that he needed the rest if he were to be strong enough to keep fighting, but in the back of his mind was the knowledge that he could be attacked at any moment.... he slept with his swords close at hand.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 1st, 2010, 5:42 pm

Time Stamp: 28th Day, Spring, 506 AV

When Kro woke, his body was wrenched in pain. His head was aching, and the burns to his chest and shoulders did not let up. He knew who he had to go to but he truly didn't want to. He hated relying on others, but he knew it had to be done. However there was another matter to attend to first. Kro soon noticed that how repulsive his own odor has become as of lately. He knew that before he could go anywhere he would need to take a swim. It had been several months since his last swim. He worked his way over to the fresher waters, knowing that if he went back into Sunberth to the docks, he would probably stink more leaving than he had entered. Once he entered the wated a few dozen paces away from the city, he stripped off his items, scale mail armor, and his clothing. He kept them close to the water where he could see them. He then slowly entered the rather cold water, biting down on his bottom lip as it licked at his burns, washing them out. The salt in the water made the burns sting as if they had been made moments ago. He let out a light grunt, knowing that he needed this.

Suddenly the Eypharian felt something slip against his feet in the waters. He gave a quick growl, as he looked around nervously, swimming more inwards. Again he felt something slip against his leg. He swam downward to see what it was, but could not see through the darkness of the water. He yelled out, "Who are you! Show yourself!" And then all at once a strange creature popped from beneath the waves. It appeared to be a woman, but looked nothing like anything or anyone Kro had ever seen. Her skin seemed to be made of some sort of rubbery material, and she had no clothes on to speak of. Of course, Kro did not either. His face flushed slightly, turning somewhat embarrassed, which was very rare for the Eypharian. He leaned forward looking into her eyes, before poking her forehead, causing her to let out a startling yelp, before diving back into the water. Kro looked around, confused, and annoyed. Suddenly the creature popped up at shore, looking down to Kro in the water. "What are you, creature?" he asked her curiously.

She leaned downward. "I am a Charoda. To me you be the creature, Creature," she said in a slightly broken voice. It was obvious that common was not her native tongue, but then again it was not Kro's native tongue either. Then a mischievous smile sprawled it's way across her face, before leaning over, grabbing his clothes, and weapons. She was unable to lift his armor, so she ran with what she had in her hands. Kro was more aggravated than he had been in a long time. He jumped out of the water, before grabbing his armor to cover himself with. He then ran towards her. "Hey, Charobi or whatever you are! Return my threads and swords at once!" He growled, while in pursuit. Finally he chased her all the way back to his tent, keeping an eye open to make sure no one saw his naked display. Once he entered the tent he saw the strange woman in his clothing. He had never seen such a small creature in such baggy clothing in all of his life. She had Kro's sash triple wrapped, and still it barely held his pants on her. The most comical display was the 4 empty sleeve holes beneath her arms. She gave him a playful pose and spoke out, "Now I am big mean creature, Creature! Rawr!" Kro literally put his left palm to his face, shaking his head, as he let out a low laugh.

Finally Kro leaned in and whispered to her. "Odd thing, if you give me back my clothes, I will get some for you." She smiled and nodded to his words. Little did Kro know that the playful Charoda had lots of clothes, but all were made of shells, reads, and coral. She wanted to dress like the land walkers. She was fascinated by them. So Kro redressed, and headed to town. He wrapped the blanket over her, and left one of his twin tiger hook swords by her side. "If anyone but me comes in, you hit them hard with that, understood? Cut them and cut them," He said. She nodded vigorously, taking the weapon in hand, swinging it foolishly back and forth like an infant who just found a new toy. Kro found himself laughing once more, before finally heading out to town. His previous plans here would have to wait. He needed to get to the seaside market before the tide came in. He rushed into the town, making his way quickly to the market. His headache was beginning to get all the more severe with each step. He gave a grumble before finally making his way to the shops. There was no exception to the hustle bustle of the market on this day. The entire stretch was filled with people of all races looking for a deal on this or that. He simply shook his head, before working his way through the crowd in search of some somewhat decent clothing that might fit the small framed Charoda.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 2nd, 2010, 9:50 pm

Kro entered the market place, noticing a few inches of water along the surface of the walk way. It was clear the tied was beginning to come in. He looked around a moment, looking for a clothing fender of some sort. He noticed how many merchants were gathered in this area, and soon realized that this would not be as easy a task as he had previously thought. He scoped out the area from side to side, pacing by each shop. He saw candle makers, weapon smiths, and jewel crafters, though he had a feeling that the jewels were probably fake. They did not shine like the jewels he saw so often in Ahnatep as a child. His eyes finally spotted a clothing merchant, chanting out about his deals. Kro slowly made his way over, before asking the merchant his price for just an average dress. "8 silver miza," the man replied with a large grin. Kro leaned in, lifting his right brow, giving a growl, as a hand moved down towards the hook sword he carried on him. Immediately the man spoke up, "Oh, my mistake, Sir. Not 8 silver miza. Oh no... For you, 4 silver miza." Kro gave a slow nod, relaxing the grip from his weapon, before reaching into the right pocket of his pants to reveal his pouch of miza. He slowly took out 4 silver miza, and handed it to the merchant, before taking the average dress in hand. "Thank you for your business," the merchant said, as he shook slightly, his fear slowly fading.

"There better not be anything wrong with this," Kro said before storming off, leaving before the tied got any higher. He made his way back through the alley he had been the other night. This time something truly shocked the Eypharian. He looked to the brick wall, exactly where he had been pinned by the Jackals two years ago, and saw his name, Kro, written in blood. He growled, as he looked around himself, expecting to see someone, but there was no one. It was only him. He made his way out of the alley, his anger now sharper than ever. Harskah was most definitely behind this. There was no doubt in his mind. The only trouble was that he didn't even know if killing a ghost was possible. How could he fight what doesn't even live? If only he had known when he was younger that the Eypharian he called friend would become his greatest enemy. Suddenly the pain in Kro's chest began to throb. It was far past time for him to visit an old acquaintance. He moved down the alleys, and streets, while he gripped his chest, the pain of Krysus pushing itself up on him. He closed his eyes, gritting his teeth, as he finally found the familiar door he was searching for.

Kro knocked three times, only to be followed by a rhythmic thump. Then the door slowly began to crack open. A single eye peered out from the crack of the door, looking to the big Eypharian. Kro spoke out, " I am looking for a Doctor Zebodiah Heart." He leaned downward, looking to the eye behind the door. The face looked wrinkled and weary. "He doesn't live here anymore. Go away," replied the voice from behind the door, before trying to slam the door. Kro quickly caught the door before it shut, pushing it with his might, knocking back the human inside. "Heart! I need to see you." he shouted out, as he made his way in. The old man fell to the floor, looking up to the large creature. The man was dressed in a black robe. His white hair went down to his mid back, and a full beard now occupied his chin. He wore an eye patch on his left eye, and where his right leg should have been there was merely a peg. "I knew it was you, human. You shouldn't lie to a creature who is double your size," he exaggerated. "My wounds... I need treatment, and quickly. Something bad is soon to happen. I am sure of it."

"And why should I help you?" snapped the old man. "Last time I helped you, I lost an eye and a leg, and that poor sweet girl Kalana died because you weren't even there. You led Eypharians straight to my door to ruin my life and end hers, and now you want my help? And besides... We both know what is really paining your body. Did you really think I had no idea what those red veins on your hand mean? You aren't suffering from these wounds as much as you are from that curse on your hand. So my question for you, Kro, is this... Why are you really here?" The old man was now up on his feet, and seemed like an opposing figure even to Kro. His voice was stern, and his brows were arched. Either he was very confident, very stupid, very angry, or just didn't care about his life anymore to be talking Kro in such a manner, but Kro did not react. He just slowly shook his head. Without saying a word, he reached into his pocket, retrieving the locket he got from Kalana the night he met her. It seemed like it was only moments ago, when it was years. He slowly placed the pendant in the doctor's hands, before turning his back and walking towards the door. "Wait," said the doctor, "Take a seat, Kro... I will treat your wounds... It's what Kalana would have wanted," he said in a low sad voice.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 3rd, 2010, 3:20 am

Two hours later Kro's body was fully treated and wrapped with bandage. Both shoulders and chest were well medicated, and embraced with the bandage material. He gave a stretch as he stood to his feet. The burns to his chest and elbows felt more at ease. As did the slashes from Harskah's ghost.... However the pain of his mark was only growing. He knew that the time for him to kill or hurt was drawing near. He personally liked to kill. Why turn back the clock a day when you can reset it completely? He didn't like to wait much more than a day before feeding his need for destruction. He arose, and left with out so much as a good bye or a thank you to the doctor. His focus was on getting back to his tent, and once he clothed the Charoda, she would be out of his hair. He wasn't sure why he didn't just kill her. It couldn't have been for moral reasons, he thought, though he wasn't entirely sure about that. He made up his mind that next time he bumped into a weird fish thing, he would kill it. He grumbled all the way back, but once he got there, she was no where to be seen.

He bit down on his bottom lip, as he looked every which way. He leaned down into the tent, and then all at once he felt something leap on his back. It was the odd creature, but her voice had changed, "You didn't know I could do this, did you, Kro?" came the odd voice from the creature, "You're new friend here is possessed and entirely in my control." He saw his own hook sword striking towards his throat. He immediately grabbed her arm, bending downward, flipping her off from his back. The Charoda arose, before running towards Kro, striking at his body. He felt her graze his forearm, grunting in pain. He charged forward gripping her arm once more, wrestling her down to the ground, putting pressure on to the hand until it released the weapon. "Even if you kill her, Kro... Then what? I will just come back again and again. You are hopelessly defeated, and you don't even know it. I have never seen a more pathetic creature in my life. You are not strong, you are weak." Kro shook the creature. He yelled out for the being to be silent. He shook, and punched and shook, and hit again, until finally the Charoda laid dead beneath him. He slowly stood upward, looking down to the once playful creature, and then looked to his bloody hands again. No matter what he did, an air of destruction followed him... Even if it was the last thing he wanted.

He knelt downward, taking the body into his arms, shaking his head slowly before whispering something in her ear, "I am sorry." He then layed her body down against the grass, placing the dress over her body. He stood up, grabbing his other sword, and holding them both up high. "You bastard. You damn bastard. Somehow, someway, I am going to make you pay for her death. I am going to make you pay for Kalana's death. I am going to make you pay for all those you have killed" The voice laughed all the louder, before whispering into his ear, "Kro... You are no different than me. You kill ruthlessly and don't shed a tear for them... What makes you're style of killing more noble than my own?" Kro looked down to the ground, shaking his head, looking to his top right hand, the veins beating heavily from the latest kill. Finally he looked up, with a single tear rolling down from his left eye, as he whispered, "... I never had a choice." He then slid his weapons from their holsters, holding them out, "You did.... now choose.... Fight me coward, or do you choose to just possess every young girl like the pathetic leach you are!"

"Oh you want to face me? You don't even know what you are facing. Things have changed. You are not dealing with Harskah, Captain of the Jackals. You are dealing with Harskah, the Eypharian Phantom!" He screamed out, and all at once he materialized in front of Kro, sending his scimitars straight towards his throat. All at once, Kro struck forward in a flow of movement, blocking the strike with both weapons, wielding his weapons more as one than as a separate entities. His eyes glinting with a mad rage. His head butting forward against Harskah in a brawling fashion, knocking him backwards. Then he spread into mist, moving in behind him, striking, but unlike there last battle, Kro was ready. He blocked this attack as well before swinging his weapons downward, catching the back of his knees with his hooks, and with a single tug knocking the ghost to it's back, soul mist flying through the air. The ethereal being let out a scream. Finally Kro struck downwards a final time, lodging his weapons deep inside, only to pull back, causing Harskah to let out a final scream, "Damn you, Kro!" as his soul mist filled the air.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 5th, 2010, 5:31 am

Time Stamp: 29th Day, Spring, 506

The next day Kro had returned to the area he had met the Charoda. She was in his arms, finally in a dress with real fabric, as she had always wished for when her heart still beat. He looked down to her lifeless body. He could not help but notice what a beautiful woman this was. It was ironic. Most in life hold no value to Kro other than another few days without pain, and yet every time he seemed to see something special within a rare soul, they too would be sent to the grave. The worst realization for Kro was that unlike Kalana's death, it was his own hands that killed this Charoda, though in the end Kro knew he was ultimately responsible for both deaths. Of course if it wasn't for him, many would still be alive. This endless conflict took over his mind these days. He was so easily capable of being a mindless beast of death, and in a way he truly loved it, but there was another part of him that felt misplaced within himself, and within his path. Slowly, the Eypharian made his way into the waters, like he had yesterday. As Kro slowly slid the body down into the water, he made an oath to himself. No more attachments, no more friends, and no more mercy. He turned his back on her, as her body was carried deep into the sea. "You are home now," he said in a soft voice. Kro recognized this for what it was. Just another bloody memory to add to the collection, and with that he gave a soft sigh and made his way out of the sea.

Then Kro returned into the city of Sunberth. It was time for him to visit Doctor Zebadiah Heart once more for his wounds. He made his way through the dirty streets of Sunberth, through alleys and past vagrants and thieves, until finally making his way to the Doctor's house. He gave three hard thumps of a knock, before finally the door creaked open. "Oh. Come right in, Kro," the doctor said with a smile. The large creature gave a slow nod as he made his way in, taking a seat on a near by iron stool pulled up to an older looking table, cracked and past it's prime much like it's owner. "Ah. So yes, time to re-dress the wounds." He slowly unraveled the bandage from Kro's chest, back and shoulders. "Ah these are starting to look better already," he said before spreading some sort of odd leaf against each wound. "This should help relax the pain," he said, before reapplying the bandaged to all of the hurt areas. Then the doctor reached for something beneath the table before pulling up an empty vile and a pitcher filled with an odd green liquid. He poured some of the pitcher's contents into the vile before, handing it to Kro, saying, "Here you are. Take this, and you should feel even better tomorrow." Kro gave the Doctor a nod before reaching over, taking the vile into his grasp, and slowly drinking the liquid. The Eypharian sat there for a moment before feeling a strange feeling come over him. His body swaying slightly, as he felt himself go limp.

Doctor Zebadiah began to burst into laughter, as he looked to Kro, before speaking, "Oh what is the matter? Didn't you like my poison Kro? You don't look like your normal strong self Kro... Perhaps that's because that little compound is straight from the Aranedia family, but you probably have no idea what that means, do you, you big oaf? You probably don't even understand what is going on..." He cleared his throat before reaching into his robe and quickly grasping a single hand crossbow, already loaded with a bolt. "Don't bother getting up. You probably couldn't manage it if you tried, and even if you did, you wouldn't be able to go far before you had this bolt poking out of your head. Oh, you are still confused, aren't you? Well Kro, perhaps I failed to mention that when your friend barged into my house three years ago, Kalana was not the only one killed. Oh no. That bastard ordered his soldiers to kill all three of my sons... The same ones that helped pull you out of a dirty alley, most likely saving your life. At first all of my hatred was for the Captain himself, however I have had a lot of time to think over the years, Kro, and I have realized that all of this is entirely because of you and you alone. I lost my eye, my leg, my friend, and my three sons all because of you, Kro.... Take away a man's children, and what does he have left? Nothing, but vengeance in his heart. You were my inspiration for that poison Kro. It's ironic really... your sword skills and strength are the tools you live by and now... you can use either effectively.... Beautiful, isn't it?"

For the first time in a very long time, Kro felt weak and powerless. He could tell his strength was only a small fraction of it's normal strength. He wasn't sure how he would get himself out of this. Kro could barely muster a few simple words along the lines of you bastard, though they came out in a soft mumble that slurred together. The Doctor simply shook his head, enjoying the moment, as his crossbow was aimed for the Eypharian's skull. "You know Kro, I almost pity you. I do not believe you always wanted to be the walking disaster you have become, bringing only misery to those around you, and in a way I feel like I would be doing you a favor to pull this trigger, and stake those brains of yours to the back of that chair." The doctor could not help but smirk as he said the words, delighting in the very thought of this creatures death. "I have to ask you... Did you honestly think I was just going to treat you after all the pain you have brought? No, treating your body was just a good way to keep you near while I was working on the poison.... What a gullible fool you are," he said with a sinister laugh. "Oh I wish we had all the time in the world for me to tell you how much pain you have brought me, and how I want nothing more than your death, but sadly that poison will not last for ever, so hold still will you? No reason to prolong the inevitable." He moved his finger against the trigger of the crossbow, aiming careful, as his eyes locked with Kro's, letting his hatred guide his actions, before clicking the trigger...
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 5th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Kro was able to muster enough strength to jump and fall from the chair, causing the bolt to just barely miss the flesh of his skull. He tried to get up to his feet, but with each attempt, the frustrated Doctor would kick at his chest, causing him to collapse to the floor again and again. Doctor Heart then reached into his robe, retrieving another bolt, placing it into the shaft of the weapon, drawing it back until the weapon gave a readied click, locked for action. "You took everything from me, Kro! Everything! What made you think I would let you get away with that?" Zebadiah Heart screamed out in anger. He aimed once more, but this time Kro was a step ahead. Kro swiped at the back of the Doctor's ankles, causing him to fall over backwards, losing grip of the weapon, before watching it fall down on the other side of the room. Kro was able to crawl forward, pinning the doctor down with his middle and lower arms, as he struck the man with his top fists. Each blow taking it's toll against the old man's face. "Let me go, damn you! Let me go!" the doctor called out to Kro. The Eypharian did just that, only to grab onto his long white hair, pulling him towards the table. Kro was finally able to get to his feet. He grabbed the pitcher of poison off the table, before placing it on the floor. He then dunked the man's head into the poison, holding it there as he heard him gargle.

The man flailed, as he had no other choice but to drink his own poison. He then yanked back the head by the white, hair before giving out a roar of anger, whispering into his ear, "Here is what is going to happen... You are going to fix whatever you just did to me, or I am going to rip you limb from limb." Then he rolled the doctor to his back, pressing his left forearm against small pencil neck of the man. "Yes! Yes, Let me go you imbecile. I have an antidote on my person. I just need to be able to get it," The man said in a sharp tone. Kro shook his head. The frustrated doctor, head butted the Eypharian, before slipping from his grasp. He then slipped a vile from his robe, and through it to the ground, causing a strange green smoke to fill the room entirely. Clearly this was not the antidote. Kro knew enough to hold his breath. When the gas cleared Heart was nowhere in sight. Kro arose to his feet with an anger boiling deep inside of his soul. Kro searched the house from top to bottom, leaving no corner unturned, until finally discovering a loose candel holder along the wall. Think it to be odd, he grabbed a hold of it, and as soon as he did, a bookshelf behind Kro moved open to reveal an underground tunnel. Kro followed through the tunnel for what felt like hours, until finally seeing a peak of light. Once he moved upward, he realized he was in some sort of tiny wooden structure. He could barely fit in fact. When he removed the lid, he realized it was in fact a barrel.

He looked around, only to notice he was at a location he recognized as Baroque Bay. He then spotted a man he thought to be the Doctor, but once he approached he realized the subtle differences. For one this man looked a little older, and had both of his eyes. He also did not have long hair like the doctor. However this man did appear to have a peg leg just like Zebadiah's, as well as a beard that resembled the doctor's perfectly. The man noticed the large Eypharian staring down at him. He turned to Kro before speaking up. "Eh, there, you tall thing! What are you looking at? Do you need something? I am Harry, or The Leg as they call me around here." He scowled slightly, as he turned his head. Kro leaned down, scowling back at the man, but he did not seem to flinch. Odd.... This old man did not seem to intimidate easily. Kro cracked his neck before leaning down closer, unable to take his eyes away. The resemblance was quite similar but not exact. They could most definitely pass for brothers, but then again for all Kro knew they were. There did seem to be plenty of relatives within the locals of Sunberth. It was certainly a possibility, but if there was one thing Kro had learned about Sunberth over the pass two years, almost every local would turn own flesh and blood for the right price. It was simply the Sunberth way.

"I am looking for a man who looks like you with long hair and an eye patch." The old man simply shook his head, but it was at that moment that Kro saw something in the distance that made him think he was going crazy. Further down the dock he spotted a man that was identical to the one in front of him with one single difference. His peg leg was on the opposite side of Heart's. He then looked down to the man right in front of him, with a furious expression. Realizing he had been found out, Heart took off running down the bay, dropping the fake eye patch from his pocket as he did. Kro chased the little man as fast as he good, stumbling every few steps do to the poison's effect. He continued to pursue no matter what, dedicated to chase down the scoundrel. The disguised Doctor ran up into an abandoned ship, before hiding in the captain's chambers, hiding behind a wooden dresser. Suddenly he heard a faint voice whisper into his ear, "What are you doing? You know he is going to find you, you fool." Zebadiah looked around franticly, in confusion. "You won't be able to see me, idiot. Just listen.... You want Kro dead, don't you?" the strange voice said. The doctor gave a vigorous nod. "Then let me show you how it's done!" The voice said in a wicked tone. Suddenly he felt a presence push inside of his very body, not knowing he was now possessed by the murderer of his sons. The old man was no longer the man he was moments ago, but rather a far more evil presence. Harskah growled at his weak body... "I guess I will have to make due," he said, before letting out a wicked laugh. "I will be ready for you, Kro," he said to himself.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 5th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Kro chased Heart onto the ship, but lost him shortly there after. He started searching in the ship's kitchen. While Kro was searching their, the now possessed Doctor was searching for the ship's armory. After only checking a couple of rooms, he had finally found it. Weapons filled the room, from swords of every kind to shields, to armor, to axes, to bows. Everything he could hope to find was in this room. "Perfect... Now your body is too weak for us to face him face to face. We need to have a plan," he spoke to himself. Then a sinister plan came to mind. He then quickly snatched a light leather armor, a long bundle of rope, a short bow, a stack of arrows, and a single scimitar. He then moved out from the armory, and made his way to the middle of the ship. He then worked his way up the ladder to the watch tower of the ship. He tied the rope to the top of the tower, and wrapped it's other end around his own body, tying it tight. "One benefit of you being so small is that you don't weigh much," he said. Then he grabbed the bow, holding it upward, readying his aim, as Kro finally made his way out from the ship's kitchen.

Suddenly Kro spotted an arrow flying past him, hitting the door he had just exited. He quickly serpentined across the ship, each arrow zinging past his head or arm. Then all at once an arrow entered his top left bicep. He roared out in pain, but continued moving, having no wish to become a Shish Kabob. He finally got to the post in the center, thinking the hardest part was over. But little did he know what was in store for him. The possessed man grabbed onto the rope before leaping from the lookout, down towards Kro. He ran along the post, as he slashed out towards Kro's neck, only to climb back up the rope, before locking his feet half way up, and drawing the bow from his back only to aim it down at Kro, shooting once more. The Eypharian suddenly sliced the arrows as they came down at him, cutting each in two. He was extremely confused. The doctor was no longer fighting like himself. He went from poison and disguises to bow and scimitar all at once? It just didn't make sense to Kro. "Oh, you look like you are out of the loop, poor little Kro," shouted the old man, causing Kro to look up in confusion. "Awwe... I am hurt. I would think you would know your old buddy, Harskah.... Even if I am not in my old body." He let out a disturbing laugh before leaping down once more, striking towards Kro with scimitar for a second time. Again the attack missed.

Finally the Eypharian spoke out, in an almost amused tone of voice, "Harskah, you fool. It doesn't matter what form you take, or how many times you come back for revenge. I will defeat you every last time." He said before finally jumping back against the ridge of the boat, jumping up to the sale, grabbing a hold of it and climbing upward. Arrows shot through the fabric, each going past his head or body. Once Kro reached the pole that held the sale, he climbed atop of it before leaping toward's the watch man's post, sending the tip of his hook swords into the wood. They scraped down against the grain as he fell. He placed his left foot out, letting it kick square into the face of the possessed Doctor beneath. The Doctor fell to the ground with a thud and a severe cry of pain. Once Kro reached the bottom it seemed that the Zebadiah was dead. Kro simply shook his head, with the same apathetic glare he gave after most of his kills. "You dug your own grave, Heart, and now you get to rest in it for all of eternity," he said looking down to the body. Then Kro moved to the edge of the boat, looking over the water. whispering, "I am sorry I had to kill him, Kalana.... I am sorry...." He cared nothing for the miserable man, but the end result was that he killed the only friend of the only woman he had ever cared for.

Then all at once a dark laughter could be heard through out the ship. "I didn't want to have to do it this way, Kro. I wanted to go easy on you, but now you have left me no other choice" Suddenly the vision of Harskah materialized in front of Harskah. The ghost struck, his scimitars swiping towards Kro's chest and neck. "Face it Kro! I am better than you. I have always been better than you, and now I get to prove it!" He called out before striking from behind, his blades pointing straight towards his back. With a single swish, Kro's swords moved together like never before, like a waterfall with grace, beauty, and power all in one. He blocked the strike, before kneeling down, slicing both weapons into the guts of the figure, causing his soul mist to fly once more. Then in the same flow of motion, he sent the butts of his weapons up against Harskah's face. The ghost grabbed his eyes, screaming out in pain, as he backed up, and as he did Kro had the opportunity he had been waiting for. His mind flashed back to his fight with the Semenestra two years ago, and all at once the hooks of his blades locked, as his body spun, the weapon's distance doubling once more, before slicing straight through the ghost, and again, and again, and again, as Harskah screamed out in infinite pain. He felt trapped in the wirl of steel. And suddenly, the screams were gone. All that was left was soul mist spread into the air. Kro simply cleared his throat before standing to his feet, whispering into the wind, "Good bye, Harskah...." closing his eyes, as the mist was carried into the night's wind.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kro on October 6th, 2010, 5:15 am

Kro laid down against the boards of the ship, his body tired. He hoped that he was finally rid of Harskah for once and for all. He felt the soft winds against him. His body felt so fatigued. It had to be the work of the poison. It was definitely going through a powerful stage at this point. He rolled over to his belly, crawling towards Heart's body. He opened up his disguise, finding his robe beneath. He reached inward, finding only a single vial on his person. It contaned a baby blue chemical, marked "A, A." Kro wasn't exactly sure what it was but he could only hope it stood for Araneida Antidote. He pressed the concoction to his lips, drinking it down, closing his eyes. After a few moments he felt no change. Then he felt a slight pain. He growled, as his fear began to grow within him. What had he done to himself? Little did he know the pain was just the feeling of his strength surging back into him. He laid there, wondering if he might die at any moment. Finally he realized he was fine. He slowly made his way back up to his feet, before giving a long stretch, and a quick crack of his neck.

Kro made his way off the boat, only to hear the confused chatter. There was murmur of Harry, The Leg's death already. Kro could not help but laugh at this. He wondered what The Leg's reaction to the headline would be. He shook his head, as he slowly strolled down the road. Zebadiah was never an evil man. Kro knew that, but there was one truth. Once you take away a parent's children, they have nothing to lose and a whole world to blame. This entire incident only enforced the new lesson in the back of Kro's mind... Friend's only bring trouble, and he only brought misery to them. He had no place for friends, he decided. It was simply kill or be killed, he resolved. Even as he made this decision, he could not help but feel a strange emptiness deep within him, but he had made up his mind. His only two friends now were the weapons he wielded. The only woman in his life would now be Krysus herself. He closed his eyes, before kneeling right in the alleyway, praying to Krysus, promising his devotion and his attention. He slowly arose to his feet, before whispering, "It is just me now... me and all the power in the world...." He then perked uo with a smile. "All the riper for the taking." he said.

He quickly ran back to his tent, an old inspiration reignited by these events. He ran out from Sunberth, finding his tent. He then looked around, for the tallest closest tree to him. He finally saw a large old oak, with far too many branches to count. Kro ran towards it full force, jumping upwards, sticking his hooks into it, before climbing upward, with a dark laugh. It was as if a knew Kro was rising from the ashes. His eyes were wide open. It was all so clear to him now. He could not stop laughing, as he worked his way up the tree. He roared out through the woods, "I am Kro, and I am going to kill you all!" He laughed as his body shook, smacking his head against the bark of the tree over and over again. He roared it out once more, "I am going to kill every last one of you!" Kro did not know if anyone saw him, nor did he care. The truth was the truth, he thought. He continued to laugh before finally shredding downward the whole tree, leaving his mark against it. And with a few well placed slashed the message in the tree read, "Kro, The King of Killers" He looked at the message with pride, as his evil smirk curled upward all the more.

He held his weapons high in the air, his body glossed in sweat, as his every muscle throbbed under the light of the full moon. Yes, it was bloody memory after bloody memory, and now he thirsted for more. It was almost as if he was being guided by Krysus herself. "My Goddess, I will not fail you. I will become the greatest warrior who has ever served you. He finally made his way back to the tent, laying down against the ground, with that evil grin still sprawled across his face. He slowly closed his eyes, letting his body drift into nothingness, but that night he would not dream of power, or legacy, or death. He would dream of who he always did.... Kalana. No matter how hard Kro tried, he would always have that loneliness inside of him. The memory of her was the only memory he truly cherished, as much as he tried to hide that fact even from himself. The true question was would Kro ever give up a life as the "king of killers" to be something more, perhaps a husband, perhaps a father. The tired Eypharian did his best to keep such questions from his mind. He would distract himself with power and strength. There he lay, still, lost in time until sun would shine again.

-The End-
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next