Books, books and more books (closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Vick on October 1st, 2010, 11:56 pm

310 Av, Spring 33

Vick lost track of time at last on the island. He enjoyed it greatly but knew that it was more then just a little taste of danger as he stayed in the great library with a pile of books upon the table. Even books were under him to help him more to sit at the table for his sheer size difference. He spent his time working on his lessons and Boss mainly wanted him to spend his time searching. He said to him that the more he knows the better he will be off in the island. So that is what he was doing. Researching nonstop right now.

Topic up front was a clear subject. Magic. Magic he was still not sure about but he was going to make a point in fixing that mistake as he looked at the tome in front of him, his left hand holding a quill to a book for once. He was going to learn how to write with his left hand even if it took him awhile.

• Magic is a broad term for talking about any supernatural effect, regardless of its cause. It is common to be witnessed by most people at some point yet only actually used by a minority of the population of the worldd.
  • Most normal people do not (or can't) distinguish between different kinds of magic and will label someone as a "Wizard", "magic" or "witch" by looks alone. However it should be noted that what people call magic is actually a collection of innumerable disciplines. Anyone using one or more branch can be called a mage.
  • All magic is made by a Djed. It is what gives things identify, substance and more. The rules of Djed should be known to all mages.
  • Personal magic is fueled by the magic users own Djed. They transform a part of their own essence in return for a supernatural effect. This can range from anything depending on the branch of magic.
  • Gnosis magic is a magic granted by the Gods themselves. They will brand a person with a Gnosis and can range from effects depending on the god or goddesss.
  • World magic is the magic of craft and lore. The user golds no superpowers of their own but has learned to use secret pathways of the universe to gain power. While it holds little risk to the user like personal magic it should be noted that it carries the danger of meddling with dark and obscure trades and have a higher chance of death.

The print was not as neat as he was trying for yet as Vick looked down at the book and his own notes he found himself learning more overall. He wanted to write some more notes in use more of his words then the books. He felt he would learn more if it was in his own words as he shut the book moving to another one. He was in no large rush or at least that is what he told Boss but deep down he really was. His eager mind looking at each book very glad he was able to understand it more and more with each book. Questions formed in his head with each page answering something.

As one answer was given three more questions formed. He was very glad he was able to look at most of the books and could only hope one day he would be able to read the restricted wing but knew that was off limits.

• Three laws of Djed must be known. One, it can't be made or broken, only alter. Two, some forms are purer then others. Three, some alterations can't be undone.
  • Auristics can sense Djed however even at skilled users it will be hard and take time to understand the nature of Djed.
  • Things take Djed from what they eat. Yet I wonder how a Nuit can take Djed? Maybe resting and time?
  • All magic talks of altering Djed to do something. World and divine magic uses outside Djed to do the bidding yet personal magic uses the wizards Djed. They use their own essence to use the powers but if they use to much they can go into overgiving.

His black shaded tongue clicked along the roof of his mouth sending out clicking sounds in the empty library. His hand was not hurting and his writing was getting better as he was doing more and more research. The book of Djed took time to understand but he placed the words in his own words in a book he would keep. He would just have to pay the Synchrographs office the coin but he planed to buy three books from the charm Boss sold a few days back. Or was it longer then a few days ago?

• Overgiving, something I spent time trying to find it seems I only found that is is from personnel magic. It harms the body, mind and even soul from a mix of bad things that can do some damage that can be taken care of with time and medical help to the point of it can break your form and soul. I should try to be more careful with my Auristics from now on. I don't want to lose who I am.
  • Personal magic holds one rule I have found. The wizard is in control of his own fate. Death is not the only price one can pay if a wizard of personal magic goes over the unseen line called Overgiving.
  • Auristics, a magic I know little of but I find myself knowing so little of it. It seems I could do so much with it as auras are around so many things and if I just learn more with the power I could learn more of the world around me.
  • Familiary, it sounds like a odd magic branch. It takes something from another world and it binds on your soul. Can aid you or harm you but the text was just to hard to understand to make anything out.
  • Flux, it alters the Djed in the body letting it give you more strength and speed yet the danger is higher to breaking bones or making limbs go to waste for the sheer amount of added power.

• Hypnotism, It makes me fearful. Charms are used with good speaking skills and it seems they can sway you to think how they want without you even knowing it. I wonder how often it has been used on me?
  • Leeching, It seems this is what you do if you fear the lost of Djed. When in doubt just suck it from objects or even people around you at the cost of getting ill from poisons from the other Djed.

• Morphing, this very old magic seems to let you alter your body into other things. Like a bird or tiger. Seems myths tell people they can alter just limbs after studying. Wonder if they could become something of nightmares?
  • Projection, I remember reading about the soul and astral body. Well it seems this magic lets you remove your body and lets you mess with things with it.
  • Reimancy, Earth, water, fire, air. The four elements that we are told of but the user of this magic can use one or more to do their biding. Need water? Turn your Djed into water. Need fire for the night? Burn it with Djed. Countless ideas from this field.
  • Voiding, A dimension is next to ours that is filled with nothing. This branch of magic lets you use that dimension to push things inside or even take things from it. All the texts I found have held little use to me.

He used up three bottles of black ink and one book out of three. He wanted to take a break yet he wanted to keep going. Keep pushing himself with the research he was spending countless time on. He wanted Boss to be proud of him like any child wanted any adult to be proud of. He seek-ed that feel only adults and peers could give. A lost child in a world full of beings that knew no such things.

He let himself pause as he looked at the countless number of books. Even if he spent all year counting he doubt he could really count them all but all he could do was take another book and read once more. He knew this would not be easy but he was doing his best. The best any child could do.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Vick on October 2nd, 2010, 2:22 am

• Antimagic is a broad term that refers to methods used that stops a wizard from using magic. A wizard can be a powerful force however the terms for antimagic can also be a powerful force in itself.
  • Djed Shackles are made from world magic. Most of the time it is made from Glyphing or Magecraft. It makes a leak in the body's Djed like a open bleeding wound. They work in a few seconds and the subject feels their powers after a few seconds once they are removed. Very hard to make, master product.
  • Mageworm, its a small parasitic worm that can be put in a pill that can travels to the stomach as a larva. It lives for roughly ten days and is expelled by the users body. Does a lot of pain as it drains of Djed from the inside yet tends to breed quickly. Medic or healer can remove the worm.
  • Lobotomy. A dreadful permanent way to take away personnel magic. A hammer and thin pick which goes though the inner side of the eye breaking the pathways to the frontal lobe. Rather safe if done right but while a master healer can fix the damage they can't fix the magic.[/frametrans]

The quill laid on the surface of the table as his hands rubbed the side of his face. Words did not leave his lips yet his mind felt tired after the countless amount of books. How much did he have to learn? How long did he really want to read? He did enjoy the reading and learning. When he was with his family he never had any books. His family was more on the poor side but he still did miss them. He had to wonder if they missed him? What did they tell other people of him? That he died or ran away?

Yet his thoughts soon died down as he let his mind stand still with his thoughts. He pulled another tome to him as he let another bottle open with a new page in the book.

• The Ukalas is a energy that touches everything in this world and past it. From the smallest rock to the very sky and more. Things that have had come and things that will come. It is the plane where all divine beings call home.
  • Most mortals can't see the Ukalas or even know of it. A few can sense it yet theses are mostly a handful of races gifted with the touch of divine.
  • Divine beings and other beings who go to the Ukalas can take mortals with them. Under protection the mortals will often survive the journey. If they come back they will have a new understanding of the world around them and themselves along with able to sense the Ukalas more. However if left alone in the Ukalas the will often perish.

He kept his eyes shut as he let his mind rest for awhile. His body did not move like a rock upon the shore of the sea. His mind focusing upon his Djed pulling it to the surface of his body. Yet he did not open his eyes to see as images started to flicker along in his mind. Yellows and whites flared about in his mind as the outline of books and the table came to his imagination. The books were a slight yellow and the table itself was a stone white to him as he felt just how hard and heavy they were as if he could pick them up.

He wanted to know more yet as he thought of it the fear of overgiving came to the front of his head as the Djed was pushed back from the surface of his body as he felt a weave of tiredness washing over him like the waves washing over the piers on the island.

He felt so tired for the first time since coming to the island yet he knew his little home was far away. His eyes were closed as he just stayed in the chair letting his mind rest. He had hoped he would feel better as he just let his body rest in the empty library.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Vick on October 4th, 2010, 1:33 am

• Sahova was founded about ten years before the Valterrian by archwizard Zarik Mashaen. As a great Animator and best wizard of his generation he was not given a choice but was forced to sign a Grand Oaht to build the arcane colony and research new magic until Alahea would crush Suvan.
  • A grand oath is a binded contract made by a user of Glyping magic. The oath will bind one person and much make more then one oath for more then one person. The runes call forth the divine in the Ukalas to watch as the judge, witness and the enforver but the wording is left up to the writer. The oath-taker must be aware of all the parts can can't be made to sign it with magic or cheating. It is the free will that counts. If it works the contract will disolve in any number of ways.

How long did he spend in the chair writing? Each time he got done with a bottle of ink a golem would just get him a new one and take the old one away. Was it dark or light outside? Was it raining or a clear day? How long did he spend resting his mind? He was not sure. On anything for that matter other then the task at hand. Which was seem to be he was learning more and more with each new book and more so when he took notes on the subject.

Eight more books laid on the table. Each holding different sizes and print along the edges. He was even given a new quill and three new bottles of ink as he picked up the first one. He felt like a mindless zombie even if his mind enjoyed understanding the world around him.

• Alchemy, a branch of world magic that creates man made matter from substances found in nature. The concept it seems is that all things that pass through doorways undergoes a transformation of some kind. Doors are made out of rings that are sped up with Djed. They can return to their original forms in time.
  • Alchemy is the gift and mark of a god name Harameus. They gave alchemist ideas with his marks and touch. They are the brother of Aquiras which can explain the use of the doors in alchemy. In Suvan alchemists were almost always given a officer rank in the army yet it holds a lot of health risks. Yet I wonder if the health risks were of just the body or did it harm the soul? If just the body then why should we worry of a little thing?
  • Animation, this discipline seems to be one I really should study about at least for a few years even if I don't plan to use it. It was stolen from Kihala (note to self, learn more of gods) and uses information from Udlr. Takes something of a life principle onto a object. Its a artificial soul but with that it also holds a astral body.
  • The Lp (note to self, lp now stands for life principle and is used in more circles it seems) is never made from something but taken from another soul as a blank work. Seems you hold it in a circle then draw a line to another circle that is the goal. Gyphing helps and once more blood is the key.
  • The books I found on the topic don't make much sense. To learn more I will need to speak with someone. I should speak to someone sooner or later about to try to learn more of it. Golems are the life around here after all.

He just stopped writing and reading. His mind just kept running into different things as he looked towards the main doors of the library. He really wanted to be outside playing tag or even hide and seek games. Maybe if he could not have a playmate he could just make a golem? Boss told him his request was turned down yet never did give him a real reason other then eight miza coins from his rabbit skull. Yet no one could say anything if he made it right?

Was it wrong for him to want to play? No one else in the island wanted to play yet maybe he could find a pluser. He was sure a few were around that he could poke. He felt alone in the world as he closed the books knowing the golems would tend to them as he took the blank books in his hands as he walked out of the room.

He was unsure where he would go yet did it matter in the end? He just wanting to move about even if his body was moving at a slower pace then what he was use to. Where would his feet take him? So many questions yet so very few who could or would help him.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Vick on October 4th, 2010, 2:24 am

"So your Vick? You can call me Rose Vick. How long have you been with us and how old are you if I may ask? I don't remember seeing you around here even if I am just one of many aides."

The soft voice said as the young nuit looked at her as he held two books to his chest. She stood around 5'8, soft blonde hair fell past her mid back as he saw he skin holding a fresh look almost with green eyes peering back at him. He was in the Palas Hydrasa for the first time as he walked around.

"I am eight and well...not long. Losing track of the time I fear." Vick said as he looked towards the marble floor unsure of what to say other then that. He really was not sure what this area was used for other then it felt cleaner then the other rooms.

"A very young person...Let me tell you a bit of this place. Most bodies we get from the mainland are sent here which is the Palas Hydrsas. We are a embalming faclitiy and use the best techniques to ensure the bodies last longer then anywhere else. We also use a mix of magic to freeze the bodies so they won't get ruined. Along with that we hold our own bath areas that are designed for nuits who wish to take more time to keep their bodies along with things like facial reconstruction, tissues stitching and repair and body warps."

Her voice sounded almost happy as she talked on and on about the area Vick was in. He let the words stay in his head as he slowly nodded. He remember taking baths in bath areas and springs but never took one since he came here.

"Are they free to use? The things you offer that is..."

"Yes, everything on the island is free. You just need to let me or another aide know what you would like and we will help you. If you need a body that will take some paper work and a bit of time but not very long and more so if you are close to death for some reason."

She showed him a smile as she said the last bit which made him giggle softly as he let his body bounce up and down. He was having fun once more as she kept talking and helping him. He really did not meet that many Nuits who did not help him but then again he also was staying by himself most of the time.

"How do you do stitching and body warps? How do they help?"

"Well most Nuits don't learn medical information but we do as we know it helps. Like if you get a cut of sorts your body won't heal but we can stitch it together so you don't lose a body part. The body warps are made from cloth with herbs. It heals the skin and gives a fresher smoothness to the skin slowing down the age of the body and keeps it longer. It won't really stop the death state but it will give you more time if you like the body."

"Can anyone learn the skills that you use?"

"Well...yes Vick but for you I would wait a few more years and work on your studies. I am sure you have something to do then just be here learning how to stitch up bodies. Yet I am sure you can learn in time."

"Thank you Rose. I will be going now but I am sure to stop by sooner or later." He said as he bowed his head before leaving her back to her work. He was learning more Sahova with each person he talked to and with each sight he saw with his eyes.

He was glad about the low light blue arrows upon the walls that showed him the main areas but he had to wonder if he could figure out the layout without a map in time. He would enjoy finding any types of secrets in the citadel.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Vick on November 19th, 2010, 7:32 am

The body of the glassbeak laid upon the table with a book along side it. A simple task for Vick it would seem as Boss stood near him just watching with eyes that just never moved. He did not need to say anything as Vick slowly read the pages of the book and even he did not blink as his eyes moved back and forth of the page.

• Glassbeaks are found in sea of grass, Cyphrus. Major features are the glass-like razor sharp beak and talons. Very fast on the ground running. Hunts in packs.
  • Stand 7-8 feet tall, weight can be anywhere from 250 to 400 pounds. However large glassbeaks can reach 9-10 feet and can be 500 pounds or more.
  • The wings can't give flight however they are known for the speed. They have thick, powerful legs with transparent talons along the three toes which they use for long running and attacking.
  • The beak is highly sought out for craftsmen who can use them for trinkets to weapons. The sharp hard edge can be used to rip apart hard substance from bones to armor.

He was not in any rush. His mind clearing unneeded thoughts as he took in the drawings of the bird in the book and compared them to the bones on the table. He had a good idea of what he wanted however he felt like his skills would not do the goal that he really wanted. He knew the bones were preserved and that was a plus for his Malediction and he knew the Palsa Hydrasa could help store the bones if Boss asked them to.

He just felt like he could do more if he was more skilled in the art however he would push himself to do more as he kept looking over the bones for ideas of the bird. He wanted to save the legs for later so that left the upper part of the being.

He was not in any rush. His mind clearing unneeded thoughts as he took in the drawings of the bird in the book and compared them to the bones on the table. He had a good idea of what he wanted however he felt like his skills would not do the goal that he really wanted. He knew the bones were preserved and that was a plus for his Malediction and he knew the Palsa Hydrasa could help store the bones if Boss asked them to.

He just felt like he could do more if he was more skilled in the art however he would push himself to do more as he kept looking over the bones for ideas of the bird. He wanted to save the legs for later so that left the upper part of the being.

The world flashed full of colors his auristics flared to life. He was getting slightly better at forcing his djed in his soul to the surface of his body. He knew the magic did not come from the body itself but from the soul but that was also the reason overgiving was such a danger as it would go with him no matter what body he went into.

The bones had sealed djed inside as he saw a dark blue coming off the bones like a soft fog like mist along the ground. It was the aura of it but he saw it different then what another person would see but it still meant the same to him as it would another.

It was just basic. Very basic to the point he knew it had potential that could be used. Yet that was all and he knew that already but at least it was a more given. It would take him more time to really learn how to use this form of magic but he knew it would help him more in the long run.

He did not focus on anything else other then the bones and even then he was not trying to focus hard on them. He was just letting them flow to him and not force it as he touched the bones of the bird as he thought of ideas for it. Simple ideas came to mind before a larger idea formed as he took a small bone that was from the rib cage.

The bone was harder then the rabbits soft bone however he was not worried as he picked up a small chisel. His hands did not make any movement that was not needed as he took the wooden hammer in his right hand. A soft tap upon the end of the chisel moved it along the surface of the bone just a tiny bit but enough for his eyes to pick up the faint traces of bone dust.

He did not care how much time he spent upon making the first circle as he wanted to make sure it was done right by his hands. He knew it would be a rough circle but it did not have to be prefect as long it was a circle shape in the end. Another tap as the wooden hammer met the wooden base of the chisel as he pushed it along. He spent days reading nonstop and now he would spend days working on the art of malediction to form his idea to life.

Thoughts still went to his family and questions of how they were doing and what they were doing came to mind as the sound of the hammer and chisel became almost natural to him as he kept just making tiny progress into the work but works of art could never be rushed. If everyone was a Nuit he felt like true works of art could be brought to life for sleeping and eating could have be spent with working on what you wanted without fear of taking to long.

“Hey Boss? Care if I ask you something?”

The statue of the man did not move at all as Vick worked upon the bone but his lips did move for the first time. “Yes Vick?”

“What is time to you?”

“Why don’t you tell me what time is to you Vick and maybe that will help you more then me telling you my view upon it. Think of it as a Rhetoric debate and task yet don’t lose yourself in it to the point you lose focus on your work.”

Vick did not say anything to that as he kept his mouth shut and his eyes along his work. Another tap and another with each tap the length of time kept getting more wider. It was not that he was getting lazy at his task but the fact that he did not want to make any mistakes rushing into it. He felt like if he took his time he could get better results in the end.

At last the final tap of the hammer and the circle was done. At least the first part of the circle as he took a breath of air for once and blew upon the bone sending the bone dust flying around to the floor of the shop. A rough circle but a circle in the end of things.

“Time...When I was not a Nuit I thought time was just a thing everything did. Get up, eat, do tasks, eat again and sleep then get older. Yet as a Nuit...I think time is just a word used by people to have a set task in life to understand why they age and do the things they do. If I was still human I would not do what I am doing at the rate I am doing it. I think I would just do a bit then do something else however now I don’t need to take breaks if I want to do something I could spend all of my energy on it like reading or making items like this. So to me time is just a word to label something to give meaning to life that can die from old age.”

“My my Vick, that seems so grown up. Have you been reading more then you should?”

“I don’t know...I know I have read more then I ever thought I could but I just want to learn more and more. Maybe my views will change but maybe not...Am I odd?”

“Odd Vick? No I don’t think so. However don’t let people cast judgement on you. As long as you have faith in yourself then don’t worry what others think of you.”

Vick did not say anything else as he looked at the rough circle on the rib bone. He knew he had more work to do on it but what Boss said made him feel like he would be just fine in his task for this and the ones ahead.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Vick on November 19th, 2010, 8:04 pm

The next step for him was to fine tune the circle before moving on with it. Indeed the rough circle would had been just fine but he felt like adding more detail and work on it then just making it a quick job. Maybe it was his way of embracing his new found undeath? Or it could had been his own way of trying to show Boss that he really could do better when it came to tasks set for him.

The tool he grab was the basic pick. Made out of a good metal he knew it would help him get the next task done which was going to be edging along the circle making it a bit deeper and finer along the edges.

He knew he would use the pick a few times for this goal of his. The reason was that he felt more at ease and he felt like he could add the finer details that he needed to. The tools that he was using were the tools that everyone used. He did not really have his own personnel set but he did think about getting his own set that only he would use.

The candles around him aged to a dim light yet were always replaced by different golems before they went out always leaving the rooms filled with some light. He was glad for that as the sounds of metal scarping along the bone became something like a heartbeat was to a living person as he made slow work on another circle inside the first one.

Boss was like a statue to Vick as moved about on his task. He saw the other Nuits doing the same thing with whatever they were doing but no one spoke a sound. Always working on something or another and few really did leave. He had to wonder why Boss was always around him when he was working. Maybe it was the fact that he was being his Master so to speak and pushing Vick to learn more of his arts with the magical world? Maybe he saw something in Vick that could be pushed further then the other Nuits around him? Any reason would work as Vick made the last inner circle with the pick as he looked at his handy work.

The first main step in his malediction art was done. The circles that acted like a drill in a sense to pull the djed out of the bones into the wearer. Next was to mold the power into something that could be a focus and not let it run in its own way. That was a rather simple thing as it could be done in images or words if Vick felt like it but words would be used once more as he let his own djed flow to his eyes as he saw the bones aura once more. It was the same dark blue yet he thought it was giving off more of the fog like movement yet the circles were of a different shade. They were more of a silver type color then anything but he did not think long or hard on the reasons for it as he shook off the power of his personnel magic. He felt tired but he did not voice it as he just stood there waiting for his energy to rebuild as he thought more on his next task.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Vick on November 19th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Fine letters were slowly etched into the bone inside the most inner circle. This step in his mind was the hardest of them are as he had to focus on such a tiny area. He could make a drawing and put his own story into the images or he could just do the word or words and push the meaning. He would go with the word for now and work on drawing down the road on something that was not bone.

A rough “S” formed under the tip of his pick as his hand felt no tiredness or soreness from the time spent etching out the letter the same way he never felt tired from writing nonstop as he worked on the second letter.

Could Vick live up to Bosses view? Could he really get better at this form of magic? And if so then how far could he reach? Boss did not tell him anything of it as he just learned it from books and a old woman when he was still human but so far he had a rather good grasp at what he was to do. Maybe that was a rare thing in the world? He was not sure on the questions or even how to ask how them as he got done with the second letter which was an “T”.

A lot of the letters were easy to deal with as he could just make them with basic lines then add a bit of a curve at the end if they needed it. Was not pretty but it was not the point of being made for looks. He would just take a fine tip paint brush and repaint it as he did with his last item to both make it more pleasing to the eye and to hide the circles. He knew most people who did not know of magic or think they were magic would not even think of taking the paint off or at least that was his hope as he got done with another letter which was an “U”.

After the letters and before he would the add the paint he would do two more tasks before he was done. The paint would be the last step but that was more for looks then anything. He really only had more more malediction task to do after the letters but he wanted to make the small rib bone more usable for someone even if it could be held. The third letter was done at last which was a simple “R”.

At last the word was done after three candles were taken away and new ones replaced as he blew a soft breath of air upon the bone clearing it of any bone dust. A simple word but it would prove to work in his eyes as it said “sturdiness”. It would give the wearer a minor effect of making their bones a harder chance to break if they had the item on but that was the goal as Vick picked up another tool from his craving kit.

It was a simple drill made out of wood and metal to make a hole into wood or stone. The bone would work just as fine as he picked the bone up moving it to another table near him that held a simple vise to hold the bone in place as he would use the drill on it.

The simple idea was to make two fine holes on the ends of the small rib where he could lace something in them to make it out of a necklace of sorts. He turned the crank on the vice just enough for it to hold the bone in place without risk of breaking it or harming it in anyway as he took the drill to the far right side of the bone. Slowly with both hands he turned the handle of the drill letting the rough metal with edges turn into the bone.

It would not be a fine hole but it would work better then him trying to hammer a nail into the bone. Was this task a bit crude? Maybe but did it get the job done? Yes it did in his eyes as he moved to the other side of the bone as the tip of the drill end pushed at the other side of the bone.

Malediction was not a world magic that needed a lot of money for you only needed to spend the money on the tools and getting the bodies at times. Even he could cut back on the cost by making the item just be held and not go though the work of making it a necklace for the person to wear. Who would wear it? He was not sure but he would try once more to sell it and try to get his items more known but he knew that was a laugh in the end. He doubted the island told people who made the items that would buy them.

At last the second hole was made as he took the bone off of the vice and put the drill in the craving kit toolbox. Three more steps and he would be done with the item. How long had passed? He did not even seem to care as he was having to much fun with his project to care. It was not like anyone cared about him and was in need of his time.

He took a thin black metal cord out of a box of the random items that anyone could come and use for the projects. It would work just fine for his little idea as he thread the end of the chain in the holes of the bone as he click the ends together that was held by a small little lock of sorts that could be open with a push of a tiny lever.

His next step was a more simpler one as he took the metal pick from what he used on the bone pushing the tip of it in his thumb once more letting the white substance that could be called blood out of his skin. It did hurt but he was getting use to it almost as he pushed the thumb on the words and circle letting a small glow of light form on the item as he removed it. He placed the tip of the pick in a small candle flame letting it heat before touching it on his thumb once more sealing the skin again in a crude manner. Painful but it got the job done.

He was almost done. Just one more step in his mind as he took the paint tools once more getting a fine tip brush painting in the black paint painting the bone along the circle and words once more like he did with the rabbit skull. Simple use of paint but it gave a nice touch in his eyes.

The bone necklace was done at last as his personnel magic flared to life as he saw the auras once more as he took note of the new necklace. He saw it was more magical it would seem now but only a minor effect. Yet still was a magic effect as he took his hands around it handing it to Boss.

“It’s done. Should work and from what I can tell with my auristics it works but I can’t really test it out. It should make it a bit harder to break bones but a living person will find more use out of it then a dead one. I could see a fighter using it. Could you try to sell it once more Sir?”

“I can try Vick. I will send a Golem with this or money to you in a few days time.” Boss said as he took the necklace with a smile upon his lips as if he found something amusing.

“Also Sir, could you order me a craving set of tools? I would like my own set if I may.”

“Again, Golem will let you know if you get your set or not but I don’t see why you could not. Another item and you might be in for a surprise or two. Now go on and clean up your area then study some more.”

Boss said once more leaving Vick alone to amuse his own self and the thing was that Vick would do as he was told or at least somewhat of it as he cleaned his area up and thought of what to do afterwards.

Vick
Master Maledictor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on November 30th, 2010, 12:57 am

VICK

• Research 3
  • Writing 2
  • Philosophy 1
  • Auristics 3
  • Malediction 4
  • Carving 2
  • Lore of the basics of Magic
  • Lore of the three branches of magic
  • Lore of the different kinds of magic
  • Lore of the laws of Djed
  • Lore of Antimagic
  • Lore of Sahova's history (partial)
  • Lore of working alone
  • Lore of Master Rose
  • Lore of Palsa Hydrasa
  • Lore of Glassbeaks (partial)
  • Lore of carving circles
  • Lore of the relativity of time
  • Lore of Maledicting Glassbeak bones

OTHERS
  • A box of basic carving tools - They aren't brand new, but worth more than none!

NOTES
  • This is a very meaty thread! I do have a suggestion, the next time you do research it would be better if you can organize and utilize related information. For example, I see no sense in researching alchemy and animation without putting them into practice. You're already doing a great job but you can kick your malediction threads up a notch by exploring more into the dangers of the practice! The key to being a successful wizard is specialization! You can branch out later.
  • I think that it would be great if you start utilizing a character journal. I like the way you relate what you "learn" to your character ;)

Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)