Cracks in the Glass (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Edalene on December 9th, 2010, 12:41 pm

Observing Raylin's work, Eda saw, out the corner of her eye, Dymphna lean in and quickly whisper in Kayiri's ear. Wait, what was that? Why did she look so smug? And why was she looking at her? Eda blushed, and watched Dymphna smile knowingly. She held her breath and tried to look as if she weren't paying attention whilst Kayri responded quickly to Dymphna's comment. Gah! Why wasn't she being included? AND WHY WERE THEY LOOKING AT HER LIKE THAT?

Making a concious effort to not pay any attention to the two gossiping Drykas, Eda watched Raylin continue her glasswork skills. Wait... Raylin was smiling smugly too! Was there some joke that everyone but her was in on? No, Eda, just ignore them. You're bigger than some silly joke. You can just ignore them because you are clearly mature and... sophisticated. Or not. Shifting on her seat, Eda sat up and watched the glass swirl in the vials. "How hard is it to learn glassworks, Raylin?"
Edalene
Something more.

Words: 160500
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 9:01 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Dymphna on December 9th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Dymphna’s eyes twinkled over Kayiri’s answer. Ah ha! She had discovered something after all! Her father would be proud of her actually noticing something on an empathic level. It was a slow skill for the young woman to build… She took to grinning, nodding at what Raylin said. She seemed to consider it for a long moment.

And then, because she couldn’t leave well enough alone, she leaned in to whisper to Kayiri, “You should ask her out riding.”
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Postby Raylin Sunsetfeather on December 19th, 2010, 4:13 pm

8 vials done and Raylin had gotten out a secound vial mold. The young mixed blood noticed that Edalene was getting figity, and it was obvious why. Dymphna and Kayiri were constantly talking behind her head. Raylin knew if that was going on around her own nogin, she would be figity too.

"So Eda, you don't have a strider yet?" she asked as she finished up a 9th and 10th vial. "You know if you ever want to come to my pavilion, my uncle breeds horses. Maybe you can see if any of them chooses you."
Raylin Sunsetfeather
I sit between the montains and the plains.

Words: 34984
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2010, 1:05 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Kayiri on December 31st, 2010, 4:25 pm

Riding? Hm, perhaps Riding was not such a bad idea... but no! That was too unoriginal! Every Drykas and his uncle had asked a woman out riding! He had to come up with something new, something exciting! Kayiri racked his brain for alternatives, staring blankly off into space as his brain churned. Think, think, think! They were both warriors, he had been meaning to purchase a suit of armor for some time... Perhaps he could take her with him and buy her something? Then they could go riding later? Yes, that seemed stable enough!

Without another thought towards the subject, the man nodded certainly to Dymphna, and then turned over to face Edalene, tilting his head at a curious angle as he spoke. "Edalene," he began, pausing for a moment to make sure he held her attention, "would you like to go out shopping with me sometime after the Great Hunt? We could go riding after we're done, or later, whichever you wish," his eyes watched her simply, a small, but slightly uncertain, smile on his face.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Edalene on January 1st, 2011, 7:00 am

Her head snapped up from her inner rant as Raylin addressed her. An opportunity for a Strider? Images flashed through her mind, Eda being chosen, her on a gleaming white Horse, who would become the Lord of all Horses. Her friend through many dangers... But she was brought back down to Earth when reality hit her. If a Strider had not chosen her at this point in life, it was highly unlikely that she would not be chosen now. "Raylin," she began, thoughtfully composing herself, putting on a sohpisticated front in front of the gossiping duo. "Your uncle may breed Striders, but its highly unlikely that they would chose someone like me."

She suddenly heard her name from Kayiri's mouth. A pause after her name meant that she had to pay attention to him. She hesitantly looked up into his admittedly rather handsome face, and listened to him. Wait... he was asking her out? Shopping? Like on a date? With riding? Yes! No way! How did she say yes calmly? Smiling back at his suddenly shy face, she began to respond. "I would love to come out shopping with you. And if we have time, riding would be lovely. Thank you." She blushed and looked down, determinedly not looking at anyone in the room.
Edalene
Something more.

Character sheet

Postby Dymphna on January 2nd, 2011, 6:33 am

Dymphna just bowed her head to hide the fact she was grinning like an idiot. She cleared her throat and began to look around the place, taking in all the little details that she’d not noticed before.

Shopping… She’d gone shopping with Sam not too very long ago. The thought of what had transpired caused her cheeks to flare red in a bright blush, and she hoped that no one took notice of it. What, with Raylin making vials for her, and Kayiri and Edalene… Making eyes at each other. She hoped that their shopping trip didn’t end with one of them fleeing quite in the manner she did.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

Postby Raylin Sunsetfeather on January 2nd, 2011, 3:06 pm

"Suit yourself." she said to Eda as Kay began to talk to her. 12 vials done. The small group that sat in the corner was adorable! Raylin could tell that Kayiri and Edalene were going to be so cute together if thier relationship continued. And from the corner of her eye she could see that Dymphna was blushing as the drykas man asked if the young woman wanted to go shopping. She obiviously was remebering something involving shopping.

14 vials. Raylin quickly finished off the 15th, corked it, and put it in the box with the other 14. "Done." she declaired, a satified smile on her face. She carefully closed the wooden box. Once she had picked up the box, she brought it over to Dymphna and handed it to her. "All I have left to do is clean up which is never very interesting." she finally said with a quick look over to the furnace and work table.
Raylin Sunsetfeather
I sit between the montains and the plains.

Words: 34984
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2010, 1:05 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Kayiri on January 10th, 2011, 7:34 pm

The man began crunching dates and numbers in his head, staring off blankly for a few moments as he did so. The Great Hunt began in less than nine days. Because of this monumental event, he would not have time to have their date prior. Quickly, he searched his mind for the end date. The 65th, that was it. Give him a day or two to recuperate from his injuries, that put them at... the 68th. Aye, that was acceptable! That was when they would have their outing! His baritone voice rolled off of his tongue again, addressing the girl even as she blushed and averted her gaze from the individuals that populated the room.

"How does the 68th sound to you, Edalene? Are you busy on that day?" Once more, the warrior tilted his head as he spoke to her, green eyes never leaving her. When he got a response, he smiled, and rose to his feet. "Ah! My mother's probably wondering what trouble I've gone and gotten myself into now. I should best be off, so that she does not become more ill due to worry than she already is," he declared suddenly, his eyes darting to Raylin and Dymphna. As his eyes passed over each of them, he offered them a nod and a smile. "Miss Raylin, Miss Dymphna, it was a pleasure to meet the two of you. May the Winds be at your backs, and the Gods watch over You both." One last time he turned to Edalene, smiling at the young woman. "As for you, milady, I shall see you after the Hunt. Until then, farewell, and safe travels."

With his farewells said, he turned and gathered his belongings, lifting the box of glassware he had purchased effortlessly. They heard his voice echo out as he left, one last reminder.

"Remember, Dymphna! The arms!" Then he was gone.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Edalene on January 11th, 2011, 2:56 am

Eda sat watching Kayiri out of the corner of her hair, hopefully covering her face. She really didn't want him to notice her creeper staring. She was still jumping up and down. Mentally of course, she doubted Kayiri would still want to go out on a date with her if she actually jumped up and down in front of him. To be honest, it was already a miracle that he wanted to go out with her one day. Seeing as how she felt so unbelievably immature when around him. A smile broke out across her face as she fully contemplated it. Kayiri, older and more mature, a true Drykas by all accounts, wanted to go out with her, bumbling, teenage Edalene. Could life get any better?

"The 68th? That sounds perfect. I'll come to your Pavillion." She smiled at him, mentally congratulating herself for being so sophisticated around Kayiri this time around. How did she manage it? She probably wouldn't be as mature around him on the actual day, but oh well.

It was with a sinking feeling that she watched him stand up and deliver his farewells. Damn her silly crushes, and wanting to spend as much time around him as possible! She blushed and smiled, melting a little as he called her "milady". "G-goodbye Kayiri, I will see you after the Hunt." Of course, she had to get one last stammer in. "And Kayiri? Good luck. Try to come back in one piece." She smiled at him, lifting a hand in farewell as he flitted out of the Pavillion.

An empty silence descended over the pavillion. Eda's hand sunk slowly, and she was all too aware of the goofy grin that currently resided on her face. Turning back to the other two females in the Pavillion, she gave them a massive grin and let out a giggle. The other two women would know exactly how great this feeling felt, right? She stood up, still giddy from the exhiliration of being noticed by the man you had your eye on.

"Well, ladies, today is a fine, fine day but now I must be off! Raylin, your glasswork is simply amazing, and I hope that all of your art is visually stunning and well acclaimed!" Curtseying in a silly way, she giggled, then turned to Dymphna. "And Dymphna, it was lovely to meet you, and I hope we can get to know eachother better." She grinned one last time at the two.

"May the Gods watch over your paths!" With one last giggle, she skipped out of the Pavillion.
Edalene
Something more.

Character sheet

Postby Dymphna on January 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm

While Raylin was finishing the final vial, Dymphna was counting out mizas and attempting not to laugh at the conversation going on around her. The money was handed over in exchange for the box. She smiled, “Thank you, Raylin. This is fantastic – They mean so much more after watching them be made.”

The box as handled carefully, and she took a moment to peek at them before closing the lid.

“The… The arms?” she said, looking up with a confused expression as she realized Kayiri was leaving.

But then, of course, she erupted into giggles just a blink after Edalene started. She was technically an adult, but only by two seasons… Plus laughter was infectious. Highly so.

“Lovely to meet you, Edalene, take care.” She grinned. “Thanks again, Raylin. Good to meet you as well.”

And with that the young herbalist started off, too. Maybe she’d go find Sam…

OOC :
15 GM to Raylin for the vials
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext