Arrival at Guvronsek's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Rhynogruff on October 2nd, 2010, 2:09 pm

Fall 29, 510 AV
Rhynogruff rather enjoyed how impersonal all of this was. He did pass a few Nuits while following behind the wooden golem. He caught a few less-than friendly stares but everyone kept mostly to themselves, they had their own business to take care of.
The wooden golem finally stopped outside of a heavy looking wooden door. After notifying Rhynogruff that they had arrived, it promptly departed leaving Rhynogruff in the middle of the foreboding looking, dimly lit, hallway to take care of his business. He made three resounding knocks upon the door and waited for a reply.
Not a half second after Rhynogruff had made his third knock on the wooden door did a sudden beam of light erupt from him. He felt an extreme weight change come over him, as well as a growth of about a foot. Even though Rhynogruff wore baggy clothes for obvious reasons, they were a little tight now. Rhynogruff had reverted back to the form of one of his previous lives. He also realized that his head wasn't a half inch from the ceiling.
I hope that this Guvronsek is a sensible person thought Rhynogruff.
Rhynogruff
Player

Words: 2876
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 12:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Panna Cotta on October 2nd, 2010, 11:51 pm

Guvronsek met the Jamoura outside his office with a wide-eyed stare. Knocking his head to the side, the Nuit invited the Ethaefal into his office.

As the Nuit removed his black cloak, he was revealed to be wearing a combination of saffron and crimson robes. The fabric hung around his shoulder and wrapped around his waist. He had no discernible facial expression, and kept quiet. His staff thudded as it walked with him.

Guvronsek's office was bleak. It looked like a small study room, a lot of bookcases a table and a few seats. His work desk was against the wall, and book piles were neatly arranged. Guvronsek pointed a stool with his staff, then did a double-take. The Jamoura was big and bulky, the stool might crush on the humanoid's weight alone. He pulled a rug with his foot and motioned for Rhynogruff to sit there instead. Taking a chair, he seated himself across the Ethaefal, unblinking eyes boring into his visitor's eyes. Although he was silent, his body movements indicated that he wished to hear about Rhynogruff. A small crease in his forehead meant that Guvronsek wanted to hear the Ethaefal's history, a wave of the staff meant that he must continue to elaborate on his purpose for wanting to learn summoning.

It was an unusual interview, but then again in Sahova, nothing is ever quite right.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rhynogruff on October 4th, 2010, 9:51 am

Rhynogruff wondered if he was unable to speak or felt that he was above it. Regardless Rhynogruff knew what Guvronsek was getting at so he walked over to the rug and sat cross-legged. He returned Guvronsek's stare for a few seconds before he spoke in his now deep, thoughtful, Jamoura voice,

"I came into the world two years ago. The memories of what I had taken from me are watered down by this physical world, but I can assure you that it was more beautiful than anything on Mizahar. What I've come to find out is that there is a tear in the celestial realm, and that is how I fell. I've prayed to my goddess for the first months that I arrived non-stop, but she didn't respond to me. I've decided to take matters into my own hands." Rhynogruff looked down and closed his eyes for what was slightly longer than a typical blink. Even though his words came slow, they were thoughtful and he made no indication of stuttering,
"I'm trying to avoid getting too personal. My business is my own, but the reason I told you what I have is to make the point that since a tear was made that caused me to fall into this world, there should be no reason that I can't make a portal to bring me back. I came here because summoning is banned at the magic university."
Rhynogruff slipped into another depressed state, though his face hardly gave it away. He prefered not to think about his fall, and tried to not talk about the goddess he had foresaken at all. He looked back into Guvronsek's eyes and had a stray thought wondering if his previous life was older than the Nuit. It was entirely possible considering the age Jamoura's live till, and the memories he retained (although broken and spaced) were numerous suggesting a healthily long life span.
Rhynogruff
Player

Words: 2876
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 12:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Panna Cotta on October 8th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Guvronsek asked Rhynogruff, words soft but prying, "I require my apprentice to know basic summoning. I will deny you apprenticeship if you do not know how to open a portal. I need a research assistant, one who would be willing to enter a world on my behalf." He gave a stare to Rhynogruff and asked, "What do you know about summoning? Do you know any Astral Coordinates?"

With that out of the way, the Nuit asked the Ethaefal his intentions, "If you think your business is your own, then you must not expect me to know how to help you." He wiped and ran his fingers through the fringes of his hair. "It's my first time to meet a talking ape. And I have no idea about what you're talking about. So if you prefer to clam up, I'll respect that."

He proceeded, serious this time around, "We do not pay apprentices around here. If you agree to serve Sahova, you will have to fulfill a contract which binds you for forty days and forty nights in the island, working as your contractor - that is, me - ordered you to. I am in the process of re-discovering a world. There is written material on the matter, but these are a mix of factual and fictional claims. I am so bored with reading books I want to have someone else do it for me. I have the astral coordinates, I just need someone to study literature about the planet and go to the planet to retrieve information. Can you do that?"

Guvronsek listened to his would-be apprentice, waiting for any questions to be thrown back before continuing, "In exchange, you will be free to use common laboratories and the Great Library. As for lodging, just go find a vacant room somewhere. It's likely you won't find something fit for a humanoid like you, but then again, Sahova was not meant for the living to reside in."

"Unless you are willing to talk more, have questions or what not,"
the Nuit said, "You must agree to my terms or find another master. Or leave. The altter is always a wise choice." He shrugged and went silent, shifting his stare from the Ethaefal to the skull in his staff.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)