Closed The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Evalin on July 11th, 2014, 5:23 am

20th of Summer, 514 AV
Time: Late Afternoon

Tick tock tick tock... The sound of the ticks passing by was growing louder and louder by the day. The looming deadline of late Summer was pressing more and more. The weight, it should have been crushing, but... it wasn't. No, not crushing at all. In fact, Evalin's body felt light, free as she had not in quite a long time. She had a goal, a drive, a purpose. Something was moving her forward and calling her to something more than simple survival. She was Evalin again, more Evalin than ever before. She was the Immortal Witch, Sorceress of Flame and Shadow, and it felt right.

Today was a curious day, one that Evalin decided to take advantage of. Syna was still cresting her peak above, the serpents were slithering about their nest for one reason or another, and Evalin? She was in the Jungle in search of... inspiration of sorts. With the growth of her magics she found herself more and more in greater need of subjects to model her morphing abilities. Evalin was finding that this form of magic was... very useful. It could change and adapt for whatever she needed it for. Whats more, it was highly entertaining.

The shape Evalin wore this day was that of her child model. Short, thin and deathly pale, red eyes staring from beneath black locks with dark circles beneath her eyes. The body, which once gave her such trouble, now brought a smile to Eva's lips as she nearly skipped through the brush, a bit of childish spirit coming forth from somewhere deep in her icy soul.

This form is perhaps not the best for traversing the wilderness... It is small, and fragile. I do not understand why you have chosen it. The cold voice within her mind spoke with equal parts confusion and indifference. Then, Tsenrika often spoke like this when Evalin ever did something that did not fit perfectly within his logic.

I find this body quite amusing my dear Tsenrika. Evalin said as she paused, pressing out the creases that were beginning to form on the small black and purple skirt she wore. It was one of Aka's, perhaps from when she was younger for it fit Evalin's child body perfectly. The top was a matching color, and it even came with a dark cloak just her size hood and all, though she kept the hood down for the moment. Her hair spilled over her shoulders, and around her neck hung the icy blue gem that was her Familiar in his sealed state. Evalin gently caressed the gem as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back, humming a soft tune, Surely I need no other reason than that.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Tazi on July 12th, 2014, 5:55 am

She looked through the canopy, breathing in deeply. What day was it? It was still summer, but being out on her own with no job and no human interaction had caused the days to blur together. Life in Taloba had been significantly different. She got up, ate, worked, and went back to her tent to sleep beneath massive trees. Now, all it seemed she did was walk. Walk to the right, walk to the left. It all seemed the same. Trees, flowers, birds. Like time, even the jungle was beginning to feel the same wherever she went. Opening her eyes revealed a ray of sunlight, which forced her to cast her gaze downward. Only Gods could look upon the sun with no problems. Besides, it was time to get back to walking.

Being on her own did give her a significant amount of time to think about her predicament. During her retrospection, she had decided she would not have made a different decision. Medicine was her life, it made her feel complete. Holding the fabric in her hands that had been designed to staunch blood and prevent infection, smelling various herbs and salves, and working with the sick was her calling. Yet, Myri had designed her children as mirror images of herself. They were all supposed to love fighting and bloodshed. They were all supposed to be willing, and eager, to die for the Myrian cause. Tazi was just strange in the fact that she wanted to work behind the scenes for the cause. She had no desire to be in the thick of it. Of course, working behind the scenes wasn't even an option at the moment. She had failed Traya, abandoned her post.

While she was thinking, she had not been paying attention to the undergrowth. A bush, thick and green with life had been blocking the view of a rather steep slide. With a simple step, Tazi went slipping down the slow with a squeak. Five ticks later, she sat at the bottom of the slide, groaning. Nature had a cruel way of mocking her it seemed. It enjoyed making her struggle, and it really enjoyed making her dirty. Shrugging off her pack, she laid back against the slide. Even though she had not made it far yet, she decided to rest right in her muddy seat. Turning her head, she realized that would be more difficult than she anticipated.

To her right stood a girl of the palest skin she had ever seen. Tazi would have thought that the only two-legged species that inhabited the jungle were the true Myrians and the mimicking Dhani. Oryani had been tanned of skin with black pits for eyes. Now, she met a white skinned girl, with devilish red eyes. Pushing herself to a kneeling position, she settled her hand warily on her pack in case she had to find a dagger or take off running. With no real rush to to make friends or enemies, Tazi spoke evenly in short Common phrases for she doubted this creature knew Myrian.

"What are you?"

Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Words: 123604
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2014, 4:16 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Evalin on July 12th, 2014, 9:15 pm

The sound of another come to approach made Evalin's eyes open and her head turn toward the disturbance in the silence and peace of the Immortal's existence. Tilting her head to the side, dark hair falling over her shoulder Evalin stared at the woman who came falling from the void to land right into the monster's den.

It was then that Evalin felt that itch at the back of her skull, a clawing that drew her attention to the growing sensation deep within her soul. It was a dark thing, buried deep inside and stifled by need and satisfied by convenience. The hunger... The thing that made her vision turn red and her teeth ache to feel the tearing of flesh, and here was this girl who simply stumbled before her. The nuit might have been suspicious, if it were not so amusing.

Evalin did not answer for a tick, then two, but she smiled slowly as she turned to face Tazi, clasping her hands behind her back as she did, "I am what i am, be that as you see me or as you may not see. So small is the mortal comprehension of the larger things in this existence."

Evalin giggled, a girlish sound that she practiced, though somehow she could never quite make it sound 'cute' as Aka might think it should be. Evalin began to walk in a slow circle around to Tazi's other side, pacing slowly back and forth, half skipping as her eyes never left the woman, getting closer at each pass she made, "I am the whisper before the storm. I am the watcher in the night. I am the twister of souls and the last spark of life." Still smiling Evalin slowed her pace, pausing just out of arms length of the myrian, "I am the devourer of lost souls."

Taking the ends of her skirt Evalin fell into a graceful curtsy, eyes never leaving the woman's as she rose once more, "I am the Immortal Witch Evalin, and who... are you?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Tazi on July 13th, 2014, 2:10 am

They held each other's gaze for a time, but inevitable the woman began to speak. She was fluent in common, that much Tazi could tell. Not only was she capable of speaking it well, she spoke it oddly. It wasn't quiet a rhyme, but how she spoke seemed very poetic. Back and forth the woman danced, getting closer and closer. This made Tazi uneasy, but she remained kneeling by her pack. All she did was twist on the balls of her feet to keep this woman under constant surveillance. Finally she stopped, and preformed a strange bow of sorts before standing up and announcing who she was.

A witch? Specifically, an immortal witch? How could anyone be immortal other than the gods? Maybe she was a goddess, especially since she specified that she devoured souls. Lost ones at that which made the hair on the back of Tazi's neck stand. If classification were needed, Tazi would put herself in the 'lost souls' category. She kind of liked her soul where it was. Slowly she stood up to her full height. Even thought she was on the shorter side for a woman of her race, she easily towered over this small child at six feet. Lowered her head in a respectable little display, she gave a little smile to the girl. "Tazi," she stated, placing her hand on her chest. "Nice to meet Evalin."

Not wanting to anger the girl, she stepped away from her pack. A sign to show that she did not intend to cause harm. If that wasn't a good enough sign, her appearance was probably enough. Her clothes, formerly white, were covered in mud and dust. Fragments of bar and leaves stuck to the mud where she had slid down or slept on them. Tazi's hair was pulled back, but the ponytail was looked like it hadn't been brushed in a day or two. Without shoes, mud covered her feet and made her toes disappear into the jungle floor. Yet her eyes were bright with life. The one clean thing on her person seemed to be a small medicine bag that hung off her right hip, a bit of mud marring the leather where it had made contact on her clumsy way down. "Curious. Im-mor-tal..." Tazi slowed the word down, mimicking Evalin's word. She understood what it meant, but had never actually be asked to say it in common before. "...Witch. Goddess?"

Tazi was naive when it came to religion, but she had grown up in one place all of her life. Myri, Dira, Makutsi, and various others were all gods and goddesses she had been raised upon. In Myrian society, no one even uttered the names of outsider gods. Some did it out of respect, others did it out of fear. Yet here, in the Jungle, Tazi was beginning to find that the world had so much more to share than what was being taught within Taloba's walls.
Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Evalin on July 23rd, 2014, 8:25 pm

Evalin did not answer right away, but after a tick she shrugged, "True enough it is by your own perspective and limited view, yet never might I claim to be quite so pretentious." She sniffed and eyed the woman up and down, her eyebrow raising slightly as she inspected the girl's state, and how made moves to seem nonthreatening. This made the nuit chuckle as she met Tazi's eyes once more, "Be you more wise than others I have met who breath no longer..."

She has stumbled across our path, but no threat does she appear to pose.

Indeed, Evalin eyed Tazi with new eyes now. Eyes that hungered, the headache begining to build even as she gazed at the woman. The soft curve of the neck, the life that pulsed through her veins... It all begged for the nuit's hands to grasp her about the throat and tear free the flesh so that the red would flow... She is quite the unlucky one, is she not?

Stepping closer though Evalin looked up at the woman and set her hands on her hips, "But child, you must forgive my ramblings for surely you have come here for a reason." She smiled and crooked a finger, signaling her wish for Tazi to come closer, "Come you then to make an offering to me... To provide something most precious. Oh dear, sweet child how kind you are to come so that I would not have to search." Extending her hand Evalin chuckled, "Come closer child. Worry you not, you shall not be harmed."

Her words were stern, as it was an order that came from a being who did feel herself superior. Evalin knew she was stronger, and knew full well she could take what she wanted... however, she did not wish to obtain it this way. It grew quite dull to take her craving with screams and the crunch of bone. Far sweeter it was when given freely.

OOCSorry for the long wait!

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Tazi on August 4th, 2014, 3:48 am

Her words were evolved in a way, and they were hard to make sense of. The way she spoke, with such eloquence, made her head swim with confusion. What did the word pretentious mean? Was it bad? And how many no longer breathed that had been less wise then she? Had this witch killed more than her fair share of Myri’s children and Caiyha’s pets? Yet, the quiet seemed to span between them as they gazed at each other. The way that the child looked at her made Tazi incredibly uneasy and the way that the child acted seemed well beyond her years. She had hoped a slow breath of air would calm her, but it seemed futile. Her heart still hammered in her chest, pulsing life’s blood through her veins.

Tazi hesitated when she was beckoned forward, even with the promise that she would not be harmed. Slowly, she took a step forward, pulling her hands up to her chest in a very defensive and scared way. Part of her told her to turn and run, to flee back the way she had come. The other part was calm and soothing, reminding her that there was nothing back there for her. Only hateful thoughts and a death wish. These thoughts made her more courageous for she took another step towards the girl. As she got closer, she realized just how much she towered over the small child. Why was such a small creature out in the jungle. Another step forward, and she was within arms reach.

The next thing she did was crippling to Tazi, but for some reason it felt right. She lowered herself to one knee, to bring her eyes to a more suitable level. Even thought fear gripped her heart and soul, she stared forward into the blood red eyes that watched her every move. Not even a prayer left her lips for help from Myri or any other gods. Whom was she to turn to? Caiyha, Dira, Makutsi? These gods had their worshipers and champions. Myri, had an entire city. Although marked by her Goddess-Queen, Myri was not going to save her from this new Goddess, this child. How could she? Myri had not even saved her when it came to banishment. She was simply forsaken by all that was Myrian, all that was Taloba.

”I no have offering, Goddess Evalin,” Tazi started, still unsure if the Immortal Witch was a Goddess. Yet, didn’t immortal imply forever alive and never dead? She swallowed, trying to coat her dry throat. ”What I do?”
Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Evalin on August 7th, 2014, 4:55 am

Goddess... The world rippled through the Immortal Witch's very soul, resonating and filling something inside of her and almost causing a gasp of pleasure to escape her lips. Instead she only allowed a sly smile, a pleased expression as she watched the girl lower herself before this ancient being, to pay homage to one who was greater than herself.

"Dear, sweet child." Evalin whispered as she raised a hand to the icy gem at her neck. At her touch the gem fell, but before it hit the ground it shimmered, taking the form of the perfectly smooth blue orb that was Evalin's Irylid Familiar. This orb then floated around behind the nuit, who stepped closer to place a hand gently on Tazi's cheek, "You have all that I could ask for." The form that stepped out on the other side of the nuit was a perfect replica of the child before Tazi, perfect down to the red eyes and child body, but as this one walked it also grew, stretching taller and taller, robes forming to match as he became not a little child, but a man with dark messy hair and eyes that were perfectly blue and reflective as the orb had been ticks before.

Tsenrika walked around to stand behind Tazi, but Evalin was once more whispering softly, pulling the girl's attention back to the being that truly deserved it, "Ah the scent of youth abounds in you. Young and strong, a child not yet past her prime and such potential. How sweet you are... how sweet you will be." She grinned wide, showing her teeth as she focused upon the djed of her canines, lengthening and sharpening them as Tsenrika brought his hands to grasp strongly around the girl's upper arms, using his weight to hold her in place.

"To be as I am, it is a curse... but all the same it does have its pleasures. Power I have, and Immortality. All must come at a price, and the price is blood." Evalin then grasped the girl by her neck and her hair, forcing her head back as she brought her lips in close, her breath upon the girl's ear as she whispered in a soft, almost soothing tone, "But I am kind, and I shall keep my word. You will not be harmed, and you shall live past this day to remember the name Evalin... For soon, very soon, that name shall rock all of Falyndar and the earth shall quake and fire will wrap the land. Be you honored, for you hare now apart of something far greater than you yourself could ever be." She giggled in a girlish way as she tilted Tazi's head back further and more to the side. Cold lips brushed over the Myrian's skin, her breath warm as lips parted wide and the long fangs gently brushed before plunging deep into flesh, bringing forth a well of red life to spill down the Witch's throat, sending a coursing pleasure that made her body tremble in delight that few things in this world could do.

Evalin would not drain her. She would take just enough to sate her thirst, pulling back as it was finished and licking her lips clean of the crimson drops that still coated her tongue. As she did Tsenrika would release his hold as well, letting her slump to the ground or stumble to her feet, whichever came first. Whatever the case however Evalin would turn her back on Tazi, already forgetting about her as she waved to Tsenrika who came to her side.

"Come then oh heart of my heart, more work do we have to do."

"As my master says..." He paused and bent down, wiping a bit of blood from Evalin's cheek making the Immortal laugh, "How kind of you. One might think you were a gentleman." Standing on her tip toes Evalin placed a kiss, still coated in red, upon Tsenrika's cheek, taking his hand in her's as they began walking back into the embrace of teh forest.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Tazi on August 8th, 2014, 5:02 am

Tazi really did not know what was going to happen as she knelt there, but she could tell that the witch was pleased with her display. As she stepped closer, she reached up to her neck. Was this some tick that the young girl had? Tazi would sometimes chew her lip if she got nervous, but others played with her hair. Maybe she played with that stunning blue neckl—

What happened next Tazi was not really prepared for. The necklace dropped from the girl’s neck and morphed into a smooth blue orb. Not only that, it seemed to float, never once touching the ground. Even though Evalin was talking, saying something about her being sweet and all, Tazi was too focused on this new thing that had appeared. Only when the witch placed a hand on her cheek did she look away for it, just as it was disappearing behind her cloak. What did she have the woman could possibly want? Clothes? Food? A healer to bandage her pet? Before she could inquire further about what was needed, something stepped out of Evalin’s shadow. This, far more frightening then the necklace turning into a floating orb. It was a twin child, clothed similarly. A perfect mirrored match to the young girl in front of her. Yet, that was only a blip, for even as he continued to step around in his fluid motion he began to change into something older. He grew up, his childish clothes becoming adult robes, his hair becoming darker and messier. Yet, it was his eyes that held her gaze the longest. Formerly red like his ‘sister’s’, they were no an icy blue, very similar to that orb. Tazi, bewildered and confused, was not sure where this man had come from. Could it have been the orb? Briefly her eyes flitted back to Evalin. If this were the case, she must have been a very powerful witch. Yet, was it even possible?

Again her attention was drawn back to Evalin, who was so close that she could almost smell the death around her. Tazi cringed slightly, no longer sure about her decision to kneel before this girl. Something that smelled like death was not normally a good sign. Her smile was calming, but only for a moment, as more magic was used to sharpen them into fine points. This made her recoil, but it was already too late for her to escape. The man had come up behind her, unknown to Tazi, and slammed his arms down on her shoulders and upper arms to keep her in place. With a squeak she began to squirm, but her position did not help her leverage. That, and with the lack of food intake and sleep she had had while out in the jungle, she was not at her peak of strength.

Tazi barely heard the next words as water pricked at her eyes. All she really heared was blood. So the price was blood. Terror gripped her as she struggled just a bit more. With dismay, she realized it was futile. Even the witch seemed to realize this as she came in close, whispering things into her ear. Falyndar was to one day fear this woman? Well, at least Tazi was going to be a part of something. Maybe that was enough to prevent her from exploding into tears as her fangs dipped into her skin.

It was a strange feeling as the blood rushed out of her throat into Evalin’s waiting mouth. At first it hurt, then the site became numb. Tazi felt the red liquid pulsating out of her throat like it would normally pulsate in her vessels. The only difference was that she was becoming weaker with every swallow the witch took. Wide eyes became half-lidded, and whatever tension she had had against the man’s grip was becoming limp. Her vision went out of focus and there was a light ringing in her ears that only seemed to grow louder. Eventually Evalin let go, and Tazi slumped to the ground, huddled over her knees where the man had dropped her.

Her mind went rampant as they started walking away, shouting through the fog for Tazi to get up and do something. Eventually she listened, pushing herself up to her hands and knees. ”Wait…” That single word took more effort than she anticipated, so the pregnant pause afterward was longer then she had wanted. Tazi pushed herself back into a sitting position, wobbling backwards and forwards while she found her balance on her butt. ”I want to be a part of something…”

It was really the only way Tazi could verbalize everything she was feeling at the moment. Oh, she had so many questions, but currently, was barely strong enough to get that sentence out. All she wanted to do at the moment, was sleep.
Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Evalin on August 8th, 2014, 5:27 am

Evalin felt fully satisfied. The dull ache in her mind had fallen to the wayside after the feeding, her thoughts crystal clear as her body felt fresh and full of life. She wiggled her fingers that grasped Tsenrika's hand, causing the man to look down at her with a raised eyebrow, but Evalin only laughed, "It is but a moment of pleasure my dear Tsenrika."

The Familiar gave a small smile, "There is to be many more to come."

"Indeed." Evalin said, looking forward to the future, thoughts turning to things and pondering that were to be done, so caught up that she almost missed the barely whispered words. She could have ignored them, kept on with her walking, passing on and letting this girl fade to nothing, but something in the pleading tone gave the Immortal pause. Her motions slowed, and ignoring the curious mental probe from the Irylid Evalin looked back over her shoulder toward Tazi, "She is rather persistent."

Now Tsenrika looked back as well, his cold blue eyes holding no shred of obvious emotion, "She will not bleed out, and there is a chance she may survive the night. Slim as it is, however, perhaps it would be best to dispatch her."

Glancing up at Tsenrika Evalin remained silent for a tick, eyes staring at Tazi as something was struck deep within that long dead heart, a note of nostalgia from a life long past. Had she not wanted something similar so long ago? To be apart of something greater? Did she not feel she was meant for more?

"I want her."

It was Tsenrika's turn to look down in question, "Surely you have enough tools to satisfy your design."

"Indeed I do." Evalin said, releasing Tsenrika's hand to fully face Tazi, "But as I said, I want her as well."

In a flurry of robes Evalin made her way back to the woman who sat upon the ground, begging for more from this life that was so ill designed by the cruel tyrant Fate. Here now Evalin was a Saint, a true heroine come to save this poor, pathetic soul from her life of mediocrity and pointlessness. She was in truth a Goddess, for now by her hand Evalin decided to sweep away the chains of this girl and set her upon a new path, one of far greater meaning, one that suited her own ends. This was how a Goddess would act, was it not?

Stopping just a step away Evalin leaned forward, folding her hands behind her back and tilting her head to the side to study Tazi with blood red eyes and crimson lips, "Your wants and desires are of no consequence to me child. You desire to be apart of something more? You wish to live a life of meaning? This I may give to you, but always at a price." Evalin straightened and Tsenrika now came to stand at her back, looking down at Tazi with his own unfeeling eyes, "Swear you now to serve me in the days to come, and you I shall place in a position at my side to observe the change that is to come. You will be my Witness, as another is my Dagger, and another is my Sacrifice."

Tsenrika knelt down, one hand on Evalin's shoulder as the Immortal smiled and raised a hand to gently stroke the Familiar's smooth cheek, "Will you serve me child...?"
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Summer Breeze (Tazi)

Postby Tazi on August 8th, 2014, 5:48 am

Tazi’s head and lowered itself as she breathed slowly and deeply, conserving as much energy as she could. The fog was settling back over her mind as weariness began to take hold. Every once in a while, she would tilt her head to one side to watch the young girl and her brother. It seems her words had stopped them. They were far enough off that if they were speaking, she could not hear them. Clearly, whatever was going on, it was about her. Soon, Evalin was turning around completely to face her, hustling over to her position. The Goddess had come back for her, and it made Tazi’s heart flutter a bit. A drop of the red liquid squeezed itself from the area where Evalin had bit her. With canines like hypodermic needles, the skin had practically closed itself them moment the fangs had left. Only with increased pressure did the occasional droplet push it’s way out through the healing flesh. Instinctively, Tazi reached up to apply some pressure, just as Evalin began to speak.

There would be a price, to become a part of something. Tazi did not care what it was, but she already knew what her decision would be. This was a great turn of events. Having never felt wanted before, this feeling caused a tidal wave of emotion. She felt like she was standing at a precipice, waiting to leap off in the last ditch effort to feel something. Just before she stepped off, Evalin was pulling her back with temptations of service and purpose. Purpose. Oh how she desired a purpose. Healing could only go so far. As far as she knew, there were no gods for healing. What purpose did it serve to run down a path with no known end? A dog could chase its tail forever and may never catch it even once. Tazi did not want to spin in circles.

”Yes. I want meaning. I want purpose. Whatever price. I shall serve the Goddess Evalin.” If she were of sounder mind and strength, she probably would have made herself look more presentable. Instead, she tilted back and forth trying to maintain her balance. Maybe, with time, even she could learn to create a companion just like Evalin did. ”What would you have me do first?”

Part of Tazi wanted to leap up and begin serving Evalin. The other half hoped that it would be an easy task where she could sleep and regain her strength first. Once the words grew stale in the air, she looked to the man with glazed eyes. Forgetting her new found place, she asked, ”What are you?”
Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next