Flashback Mischievous Explorations (S'Essy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Mischievous Explorations (S'Essy)

Postby Alaia on July 12th, 2014, 11:10 pm

24th of Summer, 494 AV

Alaia was bouncing on her feet by the water’s edge, S’Essy was supposed to meet her to play and the young Konti was getting anxious to see her cousin. Normally even at the budding age of 13 Alaia was rather calm and rational, shy to a fault but when she was with S’Essy that other part of her, that part that most kids set free, tended to blossom and expand causing the two to get in trouble. She had no idea what the plans were for today but she knew they would be the most exciting plans on the island of Mura. Lucky for Alaia she had S’Essy, if she didn’t then who knew what she would be doing in her life. That was a bit of an exaggeration, she knew what she would be doing and whatever it was would be boring.

A group of beautiful chali flowers were floating in the water before her and suddenly the young girl had the desire to sniff the petals. Looking around for her cousin she saw no signs of the other konti so she lifted the hem of her plain white dress to ride around her thighs so that she could wade into the water. First one toe, then another, broke the surface and she felt the cooling water rush up against her toes and tease the webs that delicately danced between them. She sunk her entire ankle into the water before she stepped in with the other foot and fully committed to getting herself wet just to smell the flowers that fragranced the island.

Soon Alaia was up to her waist in the water, her dress forgotten and floating on the surface almost mimicking the flowers she was leaning down to sniff. The fragrance was wonderful, one of her favorites though she supposed that had to do with the fact they were almost impossible to avoid. They reminded her of days past, even in her young age she always felt like they pulled her back into a time when she spent every day just swimming until her mother was calling her back home. Now she was getting older, now expectations were being had of her and these stolen moments of freedom with S’Essy were beginning to be the only moments of being a child she had. Perhaps that was a bit dramatic but she was young and that’s how it felt to her.

School was coming, her time at the medical center with her mother was becoming more frequent and the gnosis on her face was a constant reminder when she looked at her reflection that she had a duty and a life she needed to start focusing on. Alaia was old for her age, she tended to think too much towards the future and what she could do for Rak’keli’s cause and how she could possibly get off the island. Leaving Mura wasn’t something she spoke about often and typically only with S’Essy and her own mother because while others understood that each Konti had their own path to take they all seemed to think she was too young to be worrying about her calling just yet. Alaia’s nose was buried deep into the center of the chali flower and her toes were wiggling deep into the sand as she let herself forget about the future for just a moment.
Last edited by Alaia on July 19th, 2014, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 14th, 2014, 7:28 pm

"Fine mom, I will do practice but I promised Alaia I will meet her." said S'Essy who was annoyed and grumpy. It was summer and she just wanted to enjoy that time. She was still only a child but she felt she had more responsibility as a healer. She hated it. She just wanted to play and don't do those "grown-up" stuff. Why would she need to grow up anyway? Playing and having fun were more interesting. What a drama... for a child.

She was always reminded by her mother that she has to learn. She was a healer, blessed by Rak'keli. That came with duties, like learning some medicine and herbalism. She and Alaia would have to go to School, do those trainings to be better. She didn't want to worry about that yet though. Why would she? Rak'keli wanted them to save lives to enjoy it no? She will exactly do that, enjoy her life.

That's why she went out to meet with Alaia. She felt she was the only person who could understand her. In fact, they shared similar views and fate. They both found Mura boring, they both just wanted to enjoy what they had, they both had their healing mark on their face. Alaia was more than a couson to her, she was a sister. She could tell her everything. They were bonded in some way.

Syna was shining bright on the sky, the weather was warm. S'Essy saw Alaia waiting near the water. A grin appeared on her face. She wanted to be silent and make no noises. She slowly went closer to Alaia, walking on her toes. When she got close enough at her back she shouted. "SUPRISE!" And with that she pushed her cousin into the water. She put both of her hands on her waist, and was standing there like somebody made a good job. "Hey, tell me what I intend to do!"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Alaia on July 19th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Alaia jumped at the sound of her cousin screaming surprise from behind her and before she could even turn around she was being pushed into the water causing her to gulp water instead of air and her gills to open up at the sudden submergence. The younger cousin flailed and her attention was pulled from the fact she was suddenly soaked and instead surrounded by images of S’Essy’s need for excitement. Half a chime passed before Alaia righted herself again, a mouth full of water that she spat out at her cousins face in response to the attack. Whether the water rocket made its mark or not Alaia laughed, her dress clinging to her
“Mom is going to be so mad if you ruin this dress S’Essy.”

Reaching up the younger one began to ring out her long dripping wet hair and shake her head at her cousin “You want to cause trouble … as always.” She teased lovingly though the smile on her lips held a frown at the very edges of her mouth. S’Essy knew she hated touching people but the girl was determined to know what Alaia saw at every turn. Pushing her feet into the sand beneath them she began walking past her cousin and if she could she’d bounce her hip into the other girl’s to try to make her unbalanced. Stepping from the water she began ringing out her dress as well so that it would dry faster in the summer sun.

“What fun is there?” Her eyes were tilted down to her careful work on her dress, with every ring of her small hands she would shake the fabric out as well so it didn’t wrinkle. Really for a thirteen year old she was obnoxiously conscious of things that kids her age shouldn’t be conscious of, like wrinkles in clothing. “I mean, we could always go swimming in the caves at the deepwater hole but …” She glanced up at her cousin and grinned from ear to ear then “I don’t really think that’s what you want to do is it Messy S’Essy?” She hadn’t called her cousin the nickname in a while but since S’Essy wanted to forget all adult responsibility like all kids their age should she decided to dust it off from the closet of her mind.

Thinking on the subject for a chime Alaia finally stopped ringing herself out and she did a little dance to make her clothes and hair stop sticking to her before she crossed her arms over her chest with a grin.
“You’re better at coming up with fun things …” she paused and then added with a slightly nervous quirk to her lips “….just, maybe it shouldn’t be to fun. I don’t want to get in trouble … you know?” The plead would probably only urge her cousin to do something more horrible but she could try, maybe today would be the day that her cousin finally listened to Alaia’s sensible personality.

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 19th, 2014, 4:27 pm

She kept smiling as Alaia came out and as well kept standing like she has done something great for the society. It wasn't even a smile, it was more of a grin. Also she gladly acknowledged that her cousin understood her... joke. She made a fake gasp when Alaia was talking about her mom being angry, if they ruin her dress. "Aunt being mad? Like really, when was the last time when little good girl Alaia was punished for something? Was she ever mad at you?" Her grin just grew when she said her intentions. Her Konti gift never failed to reveal the truth.

"Exactly! And it's only fair if I tell you what I felt." She just couldn't stop teasing her cousin. Somebody who understood her humor and accepted for what it is. She could just be herself, Alaia was really not just a cousin, she was a sister. "Congratulation Alaia, I felt nothing! You don't have any bonds. " She was clapping with that speech. But she stopped as Alaia bounced her hip. She had to step back a bit to not lose her balance.

Her question was a good one though, she didn't know what fun was there. She rarely found any. Must be her fault, but she didn't admit it. Her grin vanished and was knitting her eyebrows. She was thinking and wasn't really impressed by Alaia's suggestions. Though she let out a chuckle when she used her nickname. "Swimming in the caves? Of course I don't. I can swim any other time. " Although if not that then what? She was moving her head and eyes are alround, hoping that she would see something which would give her idea.

S'Essy gaze went back at Alaia when she mentioned the older Konti could come up with better ideas, though she didn't like how she continued. "Yeah I mean why would we have too much fun? It's so unhealthy, we will end up healing each other because fun is a bad illness. I read that at one of the book, which mom showed me, because you know I have to learn because I'm a healer and blahblah..." She was being dramatic again, made a big deal out of it. She was shaking her head also. "Like I don't know already. Rak'keli blessed me and I'm lucky and ... I don't care. I didn't ask for it." Her tone was serious, she just kept upsetting herself. She was just whining and whining, till she gave all of it out. "Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful, I love helping. I won't ever break my Oath to our goddess. It's a wonderful power, she gave us. But let me do it my way, let me have my fun. I'm pretty sure She wants that too." Her smile came back and was pointing at Alaia. "So we will do that! You can choose, we can go to the Opal Temple or search for people who are not from here. Outsiders! They are just fun. Maybe an Akalak or... what are they called? Oh yeah kelvics! Maybe you can bond with one so I could finally feel one of your bond. "
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Alaia on July 21st, 2014, 12:24 pm

Alaia wrinkled her nose at her cousin when S’Essy teased her about never getting punished, it was true – her sisters were the handfuls while Alaia just sat back and watched quietly.
“She won’t be mad at me Messy S’Essy, she’ll be mad at you for ruining my nice dress.” Letting the now wet strands of hair block her smirk from her cousin’s vision the youngest of the pair was obviously just trying to rile up her older cousin. It’s what they did to each other, each one trying to one up the other when the days grew long and boring and curfew of the nights fell on them too fast for their liking. When S’Essy claimed Alaia had no bonds the thirteen year old stuck out her tongue at her cousin and rolled her eyes “Want to switch gifts? I think I’d like yours better it would happen less often.”

Alaia of course of joking, partially, she would enjoy having a different gift definitely. It was S’Essy’s sarcasm that made the blue eyed girl frown before a laugh bubbled from her lips as her cousin’s typical drama started to fall from her lips. Rolling her eyes Alaia moved closer and tried to bap a few fingers against S’Essy’s forehead. “Hello in there … shush will you? None of us got a choice in who marked us, Avalis or Rak’keli and personally I’m glad it was Rak’keli … maybe if I sew your mouth shut I could heal it that way perminantly.” Alaia’s blue eyes sparkled and the tone of her voice was clearly teasing since she never wanted to actually hurt her dear cousin.

“I don’t want to bond with anyone, to feel them all the time? That sounds horrid.” Alaia screwed up her face as if the idea was some twisted form of torture for her. It was bad enough to feel people when she touched them, she didn’t need some kelvic all attached to her, plus she was still practically a child and had an entire, long life time ahead of her. Shaking her head she opened her mouth and closed it “What on Mura are we going to do at the Opal Temple that would be fun!?” The temple was a place that sucked all the fun out of everything, granted that didn’t mean Alaia didn’t respect it but what could they possibly do that would constitute S’Essy’s version of fun? The cousin’s version of fun were very different even though Alaia wanted to go on adventures and get into things she always found it difficult to actually take the first step in that direction.

S’Essy always seemed restless to Alaia but it was a good kind of restless, the kind that made the quieter girl want to yell out from the tallest hill in Mura and dance and play. S’Essy was good for her, she was exciting and despite their radically different approaches to situations the pair typically agreed on all the big life stuff.
“If you can tell me one thing that would be fun at the temple then we can go there, other wise we can go hunt down an outsider and we can play shadow and mimic them and see how long it takes them to notice.” Alaia grinned and twirled her fingers into her hair pulling all of it over one shoulder as she watched her cousin with a mischievous grin.

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby S'Essy on July 23rd, 2014, 7:54 pm

She just roled her eyes and put her tongue out for a moment. Wouldn't be the only person who would be mad at her. Her mother couldn't control her behaviour too much. "Oh poor Alaia and her poor dress got wet. Let me tell you something. We are Laviku's children! You fish! " She hated the term fish when others used on her. She was not a FISH. She was just blessed by Laviku. Those jealous land-dwellers. She also grinned when she asked to change gifts. She knew how Alaia was annoyed by it, though she "forgot" and always teased her with it. "What are you talking about? You have a cool gift! You just have to embrace it and you'll be awesome!" She felt sorry for her. It must have been hard, but she believed they could train these.

She was doing it again. Grumbling, whining and being childish about her duties as a healer. She was so busy about giving a speech she didn't notice as Alaia came closer to her and poked her forehead a few times. It was annoying but it brought her back. Just as it brought her smile back as Alaia knew what to say to her. She was right. She resisted to poke her cousin's pretty face. She didn't want torture her with her gift... much. "Violent aren't we?

She didn't agree with Alaia about bonds. S'Essy was hoping for a bond, it was one of her dreams. She felt a few in her life, felt them like her own. It was just one of the things she could hardly explain, they were wonderful. "As one who can feel them , believe me it's not horrid. My mom's friend came the other day. He had Cheva mark... It was beautiful. I want to have such a bond. A man. " One of her other dream.

She just shook her head as well when Alaia asked that question. She started to argue about it. "And what fun would have been in the caves, little innocent Alaia? Did I say let's go and learn and heal in the Opal Temple? We might have to... we need to heal your ears. Be creative, but fine no Opal Temple!" She wasn't mad at her... no. She could never be mad at her cousin, it was just again her childish ego. Sort of.

Though she had to admit, meeting with strangers from all over the world could have been more interesting. She knew little about the world outside of Mura. Outsider knew more, and she wanted to know more... or just cause trouble for them. Or both. She grinned back at her. "Fine, outsiders might understand jokes... if not we can always run! Where to go? Docks or the citY?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Alaia on August 1st, 2014, 9:22 pm

Alaia gasped at her cousin when she called her a fish.
“I’m not a fish!” Her voice shrilling through the pond making a few other Konti women look up. With embarrassment the younger of the pair frowned and lowered her voice “I am one of Laviku’s children but I am no fish Messy S’Essy!” The little healer was not really mad at her cousin, S’Essy didn’t like the term either she was just more shocked that she had been called such a vile name. Jerking her chin up indignantly she wrinkled her nose and crossed her arms over her chest “I don’t want to embrace it! You embrace it.” Stubbornness was not always a character flaw of Alaia’s but when she grasped a hold of it there wasn’t much that was going to get her to let go.

The raised shift of her set jaw softened when S’Essy called her violent, all that inflexibility dissolving and her face crumpling into a look of worry.
“Did I hurt you?”Her hands fluttered in front of her cousin trying to make sure she wasn’t going to bruise from where she had been poked. When she was sure the other girl was fine she rolled her eyes at her cousin “That sounds gross. Boys? I mean really S’Essy we have other things that are more important and we have so long to live … boys are stupid.” Flipping a few strands of blonde hair over her shoulder she stuck her tongue out and then sobered slightly “Unless you find a handsome Akalak who ever you decide to marry is going to die long before you. Alaia’s eyes were serious now, the laughter gone from them as well as the innocence of childhood.

S’Essys dreams were Alaia’s nightmares and everything she feared, other than touching them the lengthened life span of her people was terrifying. What if she didn’t love an Akalak? What if she fell for a human and then they died and she still had an entire human life time or more to live without them? Was she supposed to take multiple men to her bed? When she fell in love it would be forever, she didn’t want to fall in love. She didn’t want to lose that, to have it taken away. That would be the worst. Even at the young age she was already resigned to a life of work over love. The worry that should never crease a child’s brow seemed to tattoo itself on Alaia’s forehead but she tried to shake off the thoughts, she was here to have fun not brood.
“The docks will be more fun, let’s go there.” Alaia reached out then to pluck at her cousin’s sleeve and begin dragging her off to the docks.

Once they arrived the smaller girl would look around for a hiding place, two konti children would stick out like a sore thumb in the bustling world of adults that inhabited the docks. Spotting a bunch of crates Alaia waved her cousin towards them, her body hunching slightly trying to be even smaller then her already slight frame was. Her steps were light, keeping her weight on the balls of her feet she snuck over to the crates that were just at the beginning of the docks. As she crept over she only wobbled once, her mind convinced that the balls of her feet were more silent then her whole foot. When she did wobble her arms flailed out to the side a bit dramatically but she quickly controlled herself behind her new shelter. The crates were stacked about a half foot taller than Alaia at full height but she still felt the need to crouch in her finally dry dress.
“Here’s the plan okay? We find someone who looks fun … and we follow them.” That was already the plan but she knew her cousin was more spontaneous then she was so she wanted to make sure they were on the same page still.

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby S'Essy on August 4th, 2014, 3:25 pm

She chuckled when Alaia claimed loudly she is not a fish. A reaction she was expected, after all she would do the same way. She looked around, they got a little attention when her cousin lowered her voice. "Me too! Don't worry!" She winked. And of course she was stubborn when it came to the matter of her gift. S'Essy just rolled her eyes. "Fine I'll embrace it, but you won't like it dear."

Her react to her little joke surprised S'Essy. She took her joke seriously? Alaia's face looked worried and her question. She didn't know how to respond. "Totally... I'm bleeding." Resisting to poke her cousin back. She chuckled at her comments about boys. More important things to do. "I know, I know boys are idiots but I'm pretty sure you have seen some good looking boys." She raised her eyebrows when she mentioned the akalaks. Never really thought about it.. never really found them that good. "I guess... but Svefra have pretty eyes! And Tavans! One of their lovely bond!"

She didn't bother with such things yet though. But as sensing and feeling the bonds of others... it left quite an influence on her. She wanted to fulfill that dream, creating a bond herself. Having her own bond so she could feel it, not other's bond. Someday, she had time. Really long time, but dreaming about it was not a crime. Though her thoughts didn't continue as she was dragged away. Alaia finally made her decision and S'Essy with a mischievous smile followed her to the docks.

They arrived, it wasn't hard to find. They also found a good hiding spot to look at the people. Adults and other races on the docks. Perfect place, perfect timing. She didn't understand the business, the trades they were doing but that wasn't what matter for them. Their eyes were wandering around to find someone or something to have fun with. "Or find someone boring and make him interesting." She smiled. She looked around. She had a better idea. A man was leaving a ship, bringing some crates. Yes! "Hey Look! Follow me!" She pointed there and was already aiming to get on board. For her it seemed the best idea, though it was really foolish. She was sneaking. Looking around, nobody was watching.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Alaia on August 7th, 2014, 11:04 pm

“S’Essy no! We can’t just go over there. Someone may see us!”
Alaia hissed at her cousin with her teeth bared and wide eyes as fear of being caught crept into her system. They needed to scout first; they couldn’t just jump out from behind the crates without studying the movements of the people they were following. They had to study, deduce the path the person was going to take and then make their moved based on this pattern. Of course however she was dealing with her lovely cousin who felt the need to just act on impulse rather than perfectly formed plans that would probably get them farther in the long run. This was why S’Essy had more fun than Alaia did; she didn’t over think things like the younger healer.

Alaia moved when her cousin did, it was the safest thing to do because if they were going to get caught they were going to get caught together. S’Essy was not going to get yelled at without Alaia there beside her. The man they were following seemed to have his hands full and he was concentrating more on his path across the docks then the two konti girls dashing to follow him. Alaia’s eyes were scanning the docks for people who might notice them and so far everything seemed fine. The men of the docks were more interested in their cargo and making travel plans than anything else.

Suddenly the man they were following stopped and put down the crate, his head lifting to look around as if he sensed something or forgot an important task. Just as his head was shifting Alaia was pushing her cousin behind a group of men who were gathered. She had no idea if they were seen but it didn’t matter she could hope for now. Using the group of men as cover Alaia tilted her head towards a grouping of barrels not too far off from them, it would be tricky to hide behind it for the both of them but they could manage if they tried hard.
“We have to go on the other side that faces the grasses though otherwise someone can see us from the different angles.” If S’Essy let her Alaia would push them that way, cautious and keeping an eye on people where she could but she only had two eyes and there were so many men!
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby S'Essy on September 9th, 2014, 5:47 pm

She stopped as soon as Alaia hissed at her. Though she looked annoyed, her cousin had some point. "Well what should we do then smarty?" She said childishly and annoyed. Like Alaia wasn't thinking about that. She hated to think about too much, she could just go and they would be there, it was just that simple. But at least Alaia didn't stay behind but was following her. If they get caught, they might not get yelled at... much. Her cousin was a good girl anyway. She was hoping about that.

The man stopped, taking the crate and before S'Essy could take any action, Alaia was pushing her. "Gaah..." She let out the surprised gasp and quickly placed her hand on her mouth. Hopefully the man didn't hear them. Alaia was leading them somewhere, S'Essy didn't do anything, just let her cousin pushing all the way to barrels. At least somebody had her brain in the right place. She was smarter than S'Essy. Or just was using her brain and was thinking before taking actions.

She kneeling down, occasionally popping her head up to see. Too many people they had to wait. "Let's wait. Too many people are walking by here... Some of them are healers for sure." She said, as she felt the familiar, warm feeling inside of herself. They had a few chimes to get a better plan. Hopefully, unless the ship was about to leave Mura. She sighed. "So what plan you have? " Her serious, annoyed features went away, the mischievous smile came back on her face."You still won't quit? My dear Alaia! "
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next