Closed Bottom Of The Glass (Kaik)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Bottom Of The Glass (Kaik)

Postby Savos on July 18th, 2014, 5:38 pm

OOCCool box code!

Savos and Kaik had barely finished ordering and the servers were already returning from the kitchen with two teas and a spinach and artichoke dip. Savos looked down at the table with a satisfied smile and thanked the server. He would have to remember to commend the good service when he left. He could only hope he would have sobered up enough by then to remember it.

"It's not personal," Savos said as he sipped at his tea, letting its warmth and hydration wash over him.

"Yes, I'm Myrian. There's nothing personal about it, though. I'm not really..." He trailed off, wondering how to make the long story short. He wasn't about to tell Kaik the whole story of how he had never even been in Myrian territory and wound up being adopted. He didn't even really know how it happened anyway.

"I was raised in Denval, lived there for as long as I can remember. Came down to Lhavit when... Well, when it got destroyed in the Djed Storm, you know."

Savos stared down into his mug, cradling it with both hands. After two years of peace, the bitterness and grief that the Storm had caused Savos was fading into memory. Bringing it up again, however, was like hauling those thoughts back to surface with a harpoon gun. He sipped at the his tea again.

LedgerTea x2 -2 kina
Appetizer -2 kina

-
Savos
Player

Words: 97975
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 18th, 2014, 7:37 pm

The tea did arrive soon and as soon as it did Kaik took a sip. Just like Maeki said the blend was indeed simple, yet the taste was splendid. Putting the cup back down Kaik listened as Savos answered his question. As he listened to Savos the need to try and avoid the subject grew stronger in him. Worry also crept up on him as well when Savos didn't clarify what 'I'm not really...' meant. Savos held his cup with both hands, looking down into it. He should not have mentioned it, he didn't like to see him like that, so he used a technique Ellen always used.

"Savos...look over here," he did his best to give Savos the biggest and most goofy smile he could manage, it was unbearably embarrassing but Kaik felt it was worth it. Recovering from his previous uncharacteristic action he take a large gulp of tea while shyly looking away from Savos, "Th-th-that was just something to help brighten the mood! Ellen did that to me when I was sad so I just um...could you forget that!? It was embarrassing as hell! I don't know how Ellen could manage to do something like that!" Kaik take another large gulp of tea. "Le-let's talk about something else! Um um...your job! You're an artist right? So do you have a job?"

Before he knew it the tea cup was soon empty no thanks to his attempt to lighten the mood. The need for more tea was intolerable, but Kaik refused to impose on Savos to pay for more. He decided to occupy his nervous mind with chatter, "I work at Maeki Cho's Animation Studio...I guess I got lucky when I found it given it's a plain looking for a studio...I enjoy the work I do, plus it helps me improve my skills, thus one more step toward my goal! Um how about you? Do you like your work?"
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Last edited by Kaik Leyr on July 25th, 2014, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Savos on July 25th, 2014, 11:56 am

OOCCaught a silly cold, so it looks like I can stay in and reply today! :P.

Kaik's goofy smile was indeed irresistible, and Savos burst into laughter after his initial confusion at the unwarranted expression. He put his hand over his mouth, worried that his mirth was a few decibels louder than the tea house's standard. Hearing Kaik talk about Ellen this way brought a new meaning to what Savos had learned about her earlier. At first, hearing Ellen's name and her story allowed Savos merely to comprehend Kaik's loss. Now, he could begin to feel a tinge of sorrow as Kaik somehow brought her back to life with his imitation. He wondered idly what the girl was like, how much it would hurt him if he had known her when she died.

This emphatic thinking was beginning to make Savos feel bitter and he was glad that Kaik once again steered the conversation out of deeper waters. The Animation Studio... He had heard of the place, maybe even went right by it on one of his past leisurely strolls. He didn't know much of it save for the fact that it dealt in magic of some sort. His brain quickly made the correlation between Kaik's abilities and the studio, which meant the tea was doing a rather fine job of returning him to his senses.

Whatever Kaik did, or what Savos saw him do the previous day... It must be related to this animation business. It made him more comfortable, since this meant that Animation was not entirely a taboo business, though he still wasn't sure about that doll threatening him.

"I work at Lazuli Ink. I'm still in training, but I help around with other things in the meantime. When we first met, I actually was just taking a small break from there..."

He was answering Kaik's question absentmindedly, still enwrapped in his thoughts about Animation. He wondered Where Arya and Lina were. He couldn't complain about their absence, sure that he would have probably run from Kaik faster than he ran from those hoodlums at the bar. He was unsure if it was appropriate to ask, and generally, he kept this sort of question to himself. But he was not yet entirely sober of course, and thus his inhibitions were not yet all there.

"Kaik, if you don't mind me asking, Where is your doll- I mean, Arya? I hope I didn't get her name wrong. Oh and, uhh, Lina. Yes. Sorry, I'm just asking because, well, you know..."

Savos hated himself for starting this sentence, but figured he couldn't just back out mid way.

"Thing is, I like you, Kaik, you seem like a real good kid. You defended me tonight, even though I probably deserved to get my ass beat for being such an idiot with those guys. I mean, you barely even know me. But the Gods would probably judge me if I didn't tell you outright that Arya scared the ever-living crap out of me the other day.

"I apologize if I offended you by that. I just, I need an explanation for that."

-
Savos
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 25th, 2014, 6:01 pm

OOCYay! :D

Savo's laughter did little to help ease Kaik's embarrassment. At the very least it let the conversation drift to a more comfortable subject. It seemed Savos was working at Lazuli Ink which would explain why he was outside drawing when he first met him. He had heard of Lazuli Ink before from what he remember it was a store dealing with tattoos. Kaik was no fan of tattoos, but he still liked the intricate designs.

He asked a question about where Arya and Lina were which bothered Kaik slightly. It seemed strange to bring up those two but he still had more to say. Savos continued by saying he liked him and appreciated his help, but then he asked for a reason for why Arya did what she did.

The answer came slowly to him and his response even longer to say. It was nice to hear his compliments but it was sad to have to remember what had happened the day he met Savos. He had hoped all the serious talk would have been left behind yet it still cached up. "I-...never did tell you the reason...well first off those two are back at home, I eh...figured you would rather not see them."

He waited a moment before continuing, "Yo-you deserve an answer...back then...um during my er...episode I suppose, Arya wanted to protect me...somehow she saw you as the cause for my grief...she and I are connected emotionally, that is the price I pay for using myself as the source, so I guess I feel an attachment to her, but I think it works the other way around...that's just a theory though..." he rubbed his eyes, still tired from the jog over to the tea house, "I'm sorry...I'm very sorry for her scaring you like that...it's just...well...she's-...she just wanted to protect me, well there's your answer...can we talk about something else?"
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Savos on July 26th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Savos chuckled, somewhat to himself, at how awkward he had made Kaik feel. He already had trouble with his speech as it was, but now he stuttered and mumbled through his whole monologue as he tried to explain himself. He felt a little sorry that he had made both himself and Kaik uncomfortable, but he realized quickly that avoiding the question would cause him more harm than good. Leaving a near-death experience without explanation was never a good thing in Savos' book.

The explanation was not exactly clear, since Savos had yet to grasp the concept of Animation, but he was beginning to understand through Kaik's little bits of information here and there. What he understood now was that the little dolls had emotions. Kaik had somehow programmed it into them.

"We can talk about something else," Savos replied, repressing his laughter. He would have been sure a few bells ago that he would never bring up this kind of conversation, but it was instead the other who was avoiding it desperately. To him, the irony was unquestionably hilarious.

"I would bring up small talk, such as the deliciousness of the tea, or how great this dip is," He said as he took another bite into the appetizer,

"But I sense it is getting late. Generally, that wouldn't mean a thing in this city of madmen, but you look exhausted as all hell." He was beginning to notice the rings under poor Kaik's eyes, and had suddenly become aware that he had practically dragged Kaik over to the tea house.

"I hope you don't think I'm keeping you here. If you'd like to go home, by all means."

-
Savos
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 27th, 2014, 1:13 am

OOCIt appears things will be soon coming to a close, if you can think of a way to extend this feel free to do so...those guys at the tavern...don't suppose they're out looking for blood with friends?

When Kaik had said to talk about something else he did not think talking about the food or tea seemed the best topic to talk about. Savos really seemed to enjoy the food and tea. Instead of talking about how great it was, Savos actually told him he could go home even mentioning how late it was despite living in the city.

Now that Savos mentioned it, Kaik questioned his reasons for staying with the man for all that time. He had already accomplished what he came for which was to apologize to Savos, with that done nothing kept him from leaving. Perhaps it was his exhausted mind playing game with him but he thought of a scary thought as he looked down at his tea cup. Looking out the window confirmed his fears, he forgot about work. Without realizing it he was standing now his hands on the table. If he did not leave soon he would be late to work. "Ha ha...work...I forgot..." with those words he ran out the doors of the tea house like a mad man.

There was plenty of work left to do at the studio, he just was not sure if Maeki would be able to find anything in the piles of mess she miraculous makes each day despite his own help. Rushing through the filled streets reminded him of Savos. It seemed rude to him he would just leave Savos alone at the tea house, plus the incident at the tavern didn't help his worry. Still after spending time drinking tea for awhile he seemed fine and besides he was staying at a tea house, it did not seem likely he could get himself in trouble there. He then remembered that the house was famous for both tea and some kind of fighting style. Shaking off such silly worry, he focused back on getting to the studio.
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Last edited by Kaik Leyr on July 30th, 2014, 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Savos on July 30th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Savos was taken aback when Kaik shot up to leave. He felt slightly offended at first, that someone would run away from him without so much as a goodbye. It was unavoidable, however, and the rational albeit rushed explanation that Kaik gave as he ran out was enough to understand that. Savos smiled, thinking that Kaik could have used that excuse at any point in all the awkward situations Savos had put him in tonight. It was better to do it when all the excitement was winding down.

He remained in the tea house for a while, pondering the recent events whilst simultaneously trying to assess how much alcohol was still left in him. He had sworn off drinking such obscene amounts of alcohol for a long time since Denval. He was never very comfortable after a certain stage of tipsy, and as tonight had proven yet again, he didn't make the best decisions either. Still, he remembered the old man he had begun the night with fondly, and was glad that he was the reason that he forgot to count his drinks.

Then there was Kaik. Still very much an enigma to him, but much less so thanks to tonight. The strange case of meeting Kaik at that precise moment made the whole fighting situation seem a lot less bitter. After all, if he had not been accosted like that, who knows if the two would ever have spoken again. Even if it did happen under calmer circumstances, Savos was not sure if he would have quite accepted the apology.

Sadly, their pleasant conversation had indeed been preceded by something less than pleasant. Savos had very recently been able to begin putting Denval behind him, and was considering Lhavit as a permanent home rather than a temporary one. He did not look forward to making enemies of any sort, and he certainly had made at least two tonight. He hoped that they were not born and bred Lhavitians, and would not be staying in town to haunt him for much longer.

Looking around to see the few groups of people sitting around the tea house,he decided he was starting to feel quite a bit lonely in this ambient establishment. He poured himself one last cup of tea before he walked up to the server. He paid with a smile and apologized if he had been rather rude or loud earlier. They exchanged pleasantries, and Savos left, taking time to breath in the cold night air. He looked up at Leth, as though acknowledging once more his magnificent presence in the sky, then strolled back quietly lonely little apartment.

-
Savos
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on August 10th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Savos

XP Award:
  • Socialization +5
  • Observation +4
  • Tactics +1
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Land Navigation +1

Lore:
  • Attracting troublemakers
  • Tactics: Taking a punch to create an opening
  • The Effects Of Being Drunk
  • Kaik’s Tale Of Tragedy
  • Lhavit: the Scholar’s Demise
  • Mhakula Tea House
  • Kaik’s dolls have emotions
  • Tea: excellent for sobering up

Kaik Leyr

XP Award:
  • Sneak +1
  • Observation +4
  • Socialization +5
  • Unarmed combat +1
  • Running +1

Lore:
  • Tailing Savos
  • Unarmed combat: Quickly knocking out an enemy
  • Savos: Forgiving Soul
  • Lhavit: the Scholar’s Demise
  • Mhakula Tea House
  • A Drunk Man’s Reasoning
  • Savos: The Myrian From Denval
  • Ellen’s method to brighten up the mood

Notes:
Well, I don’t really have much to say about this one, except that I really like the two of you together, be it fighting back to back or just chatting happily. I hope you guys will do a lot of threading with each other :)

Please edit or delete your request in the request thread.
Comments, questions or concerns regarding your grade? Pm me.

Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous