What comes in the night (Judge)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Callisto on October 4th, 2010, 5:27 am

Late Fall 510AV

Once again, Callisto found herself amidst the wilds. The foreboding, unpredictable wilds, but the Konti would have it no other way. Sahova was far off, but she found that she needed this generous break in her work, and in a realm where only the most vile of creatures would disrupt her… what better place? Here she could meditate, breathe deeply, and expel the toxins of a life lived in a room stocked with corpses, beautiful in death, but dead all the same. Soon they would become the hosts of Nuits should they have not already, and it brought Callisto a measure of self-worth for having gifted these Nuit’s a continued existence, however small.

Callisto walked with uncanny grace, beautiful and deadly, a beacon in the dark, with hair as luminous as her scaled skin. She wasn’t far off from civilization, dangerously close to Sunberth, but far enough to have the trees create a natural façade in the dark. Her suvai was kept close on her person, but it was her untold talent that made her the real threat. It had been a while since she had rested, and a small clearing made itself available for her to settle herself. A stream bubbled nearby, a calming sound in the general quiet of the dark. Water had always called to her, even in the lands of sand and desert, far to the south when she had once lived, centuries ago. The stream was large enough for one to dip into, and Callisto could not resist the urge.

Setting her Suvai atop the small embankment, the Konti shed her poor excuse for proper coverage and folded them neatly atop her weapon. The scales along her neck and back welcomed the light of Leth as she waded herself in the stream and tipped her head back to submerge her hair. The night was fresh, why waste it when the water became so alluring? Indeed, she ran a hand up her arms to wet them, and was grateful for the hydration to her sorely dried gills. Let any strange come, Callisto would deal with them as she has dealt with many.
Just going to stand there and watch me burn,
but that's all right because I like the way it hurts...
Callisto
Boobs

Words: 62853
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2010, 9:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Judge on October 4th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Unbeknown to Callisto; Strange had already come. A massive wolf prowled the wilds nearby, leaving blood-soaked paw-prints in whatever direction attracted him the most. Judge's trail led back to a small, overturned caravan on the path to Sunberth. A family of four, perhaps braving the dangers of the wilds to find a life slaving over coin at Sunberth's thieving coffers. The wolf stalked them for the last stretch of their journey, unsatisfied by the tiny animals that lived here. When he left, stomach satisfied, only their supplies and cooking utensils remained.

After another gambling expedition to the city of vices, Judge was preparing to return back to the wilds of Taldera. Out underneath the stars and the soft, pale glowing light of the moon he felt at ease. Finally away from the bustling noises of civilization, especially the likes of Sunberth, if that hole could ever be classified as such; the proud wolf stalked quietly through a maze of trees and growing wildlife, scoffing to himself in dissatisfaction as he considered how much more comfortable he would be back home, amongst the towering trees of his birthplace. The trees were so small here! Animals too, held little sustenance for Judge to keep his stomach pains at bay. Here, he was a slaughterer of men and entire droves of animals. At home, the prey sometimes outmatched him in size, and made for an exciting hunt. There was no fun to be had here, save for hunting the humans who happened by. Like how he dealt with the traveling family, he'd even the odds with a chance of luck. Let them roll dice and see where they fell. Now that was fun.

Judge's ears perked all of a sudden, nose angled upwards, his acute senses working through a thousand different sensations of smell and hearing to work out what had caught his attention so abruptly. Water. A stream. Splashing. So very close. He wasn't starving, but he wasn't full either. Judge's muzzle twisted and he bounded towards the stream, quick but quiet enough to slow to a halt when his keen, blue eyes found a strikingly exotic woman bathing under moonlight. He couldn't tell what she was from the brush he crouched low in, watching and growing more and more curious as the moments passed. She looked human enough, though didn't smell the familiar stench that so often clung to their species. What a bold female this was! Didn't she know monsters came out at night? This monster wanted to know more about her now, musing over the best course of action.

A quick flash of light later and a nude man leaped without warning into the stream's cool, revitalizing embrace. Judge rose mid-way out of the water, brushing hair out of his vision and turned to face Callisto. He was a gruesome sight, lower jaw and hands covered in blood, some of it washed away and flowing through the stream in wisps of crimson. Judge understood the human's social need to hide their bodies under garments, but didn't care for them, and aside from taking moment to appreciate her form, returned his gaze to her eyes. "Lost? This is the domain of beasts and monsters." His deep-guttural voice croaked. Excitement washed over him, his lips openly grinning, canines bare to see.
Last edited by Judge on October 5th, 2010, 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Judge
Pace tua

Words: 13164
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2010, 2:01 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Callisto on October 5th, 2010, 5:41 am

What was there to fear when the Konti had waded into the gentle element of water? She was a creature who was unafraid of the trifling world around her, for she has lived centuries and through many lives to see the wonders no one else have even come close to witnessing. The war that turned the century; the chaos of the Valterrian and the aftermath that wreaked havoc on the poor denizens of Mizahar. She was an ancient in mind and soul, but in a body that retained the youthful splendor of days long past. So although she sensed the familiar vibe of a witness to her private dip, she was neither frightened nor worried.

She could feel the eyes boring into her skin. There was a ripple in her spine as she sunk low, her entire body submerged with only her eyes visible. But there was an abrupt splash, thus whoever had the audacity to bother Callisto in a moment of peace and tranquility was either a fool or someone that didn’t necessarily mean her any harm… yet. What she saw when she turned was a man, or at least what appeared to be a man. She stood slowly, allowing the water to drip from the contours of her body, nonchalant over the fact that she was entirely exposed to him. Indeed, she crossed her arms, a hint of a smile playing on her lips, even when he seemed as if he had just killed. She could smell the blood and the sweat from him; the musty scent of an animal.

His comment made her laugh softly, “Lost? I hope not. Is it a crime to want to linger in such a peaceful place, no longer left the way it should be because of an intruder?” She glanced about her, toward the shadows, wondering if there were more. This man seemed to be alone, and so, quite irresistibly naked as herself. “If you think me afraid, stranger, think again. Are you a bandit, perhaps? I am only one weak Konti wanting solitude in the Wilds, is that so hard to understand?” She waded closer to him, so defiant, so utterly assured of her capabilities and hidden talents. It was the air of a queen that followed her, “You are no man, I suspect,” Her eyes caught sight of the blood and the fangs, “Are you a shape shifter come to kill me? I must say that I probably do not taste very well. I’ve died once, it must not be very pleasant.”

She continued, a conversation that held just one person at the moment, but she was transfixed, there was no doubt about it. “I am no mortal, sir. Not a filthy human, if you so suspect. I am something more. The Wilds can be home to monsters and beasts, but some might claim that I lay in-between. Tell me, what is your name?”
Callisto
Boobs

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Judge on October 5th, 2010, 11:24 pm

Judge held all of his attention transfixed on Callisto as she advanced towards him speaking with a dignified eloquence that was soft, beautiful, hinting that there was more to this woman than appearances alone suggested. For all his theatrics, Judge crinkled his nose out of astonishment for what he had stumbled upon. She was not afraid of him! How novel a concept this was to the Talderian; accustom to the groveling humans who begged for their lives. Judge was almost disappointed that she didn't shriek and run, it was always fun to chase the runners, even if they never got very far.

Her resolve kindled a burning passion in Judge, he knew he wasn't going to let this one go without answers, however unsure of where to start questioning. Ah a question for him! Judge silently echoed 'name', concentrating on the concept with particular difficulty. How long had it been since he used a name? How long ago did the collective sounds that comprised his old label lose its splendor and meaning? To match Callisto's daring approach, Judge moved forward towards her, eyes drifting and wandering along the flowing current of the stream, up to the night tapestry, and back down to Callisto. Not an arm's distance away now, he laughed when she correctly guessed through the ruse of his form. "I am not indeed. No longer do I hold to a label. A predator, no more and no less." The strange, feral man paused as if he were reminiscing. "Judge." His eyes focused on her again, a bloody hand pressed against his chest over the heart.

Judge leaned his head towards her then, nose pulling at her scent. It was a captivating odor, though ever so subtly the stench of corpses clung to her. Maybe that had something to do with her comment about her death. She certainly didn't look dead! Whatever and whoever she was, Judge knew better than to take her for a weakling. "Kon-ti?" The kelvic thought aloud, he was a formidable hunter, though young and ignorant to the workings and lore of Mizahar. Maybe it had something to do with the gills he now saw clearly speckled over her. Not caring for an answer, Judge continued, "You are not like the others, no bandit could pose the threat that I am, I eat their kind! Nor would they trouble you much I imagine. You are indeed not a human treat. Yet I couldn't resist my urges when I happened upon you, is that so hard to understand?" He echoed her and smiled wide. Callisto spoke in questions and riddles to Judge's ear, so he retorted, "What I don't understand is the source of your courage; what are you?" Regardless Judge had already taken a liking to her, so he indulged her with further conversation, so unlike him to take the long-winded approach. Perhaps thats why he was growing to like her, she finally made things interesting!

"Shape-shifter yes, but do you think me so simple? I wouldn't be exchanging pleasantries if that was my intent." And what was his intent exactly? Even Judge wasn't sure anymore. He was having too much fun basking in her presence beneath the night's lights, reflecting off the water and her bare figure brilliantly. "What is your label?"
Judge
Pace tua

Character sheet

Postby Callisto on October 6th, 2010, 2:24 am

He seemed silent for a time, and Callisto couldn’t help but wonder what was going through the creature’s mind. She has always been curious, has always been a Philomath when it came to new discoveries and hidden secrets. This was no different! And not only was her mind so caught up with what his response might be, but her azure eyes roamed his body, absorbing every detail and scar that marred the tight skin around his muscles. The Konti could not help being a woman, in this case. She appreciated the male form just as much as the next girl, and she was unafraid of showing it, so when their eyes met, reflecting the blue in her own, she was, for a moment, mesmerized. Feral. She could sense it in him, she could feel it through the vibrations in the water. A man and a beast!

Then he approached, and Callisto was rather taken aback that an animal-man of all creatures would defy their natural instinct to avoid the unknown. He was bold, perhaps he has seen more humanity than she anticipated. She gave him a charming smile when he expressed amusement, sinking low into the water now, with the lingering trail of blood wading through the ripples around them. Human blood. As if to display a far more feral side to her, she lapped up what crimson water that passed beside her, then pressed a finger to her lips. “Not very nutritious, is it?” She stood, “Judge? Is that a hint at your lifestyle? Perhaps…you judge the victims you devour?”

When the Kelvic leaned in, Callisto stayed rooted to her spot. She allowed him to breathe in her scent, just as she was now doing as well. But for a fraction of a second her hand had found itself hovering over his cheek, a hair’s breadth away from his skin. What did she find in him? Something she had not seen in her many years of life before falling from the Ukalas. A shape shifter with the mindset of a predator, and perhaps that is exactly what he was. A predator that the Konti had found quite alluring, beyond the scope of his naked body. It was the way he displayed himself. He, too, was unafraid of revealing his intentions, although Callisto might be called a Deceiver all the same.

“Yes, a Konti,” She remarked, “A White Lady, from the isle of Mura. Although I do not always appear as such, Leth decides my form.” Callisto was also finding herself drawing closer to the man, no, the predator. It was her curious nature, her will to seek those with Power! They were only a few inches apart now, “No I suppose not,” She replied to his comment of the bandits troubling her, “They are oft mistaken when they come upon me, but you… might not meet their fates.” Then she laughed, “No , I suppose you wouldn’t be, unless you were a civilized killer, and hardly had I found any such types in the Wilds. My name is Callisto, my Konti name was Mana Timandre, but you needn’t bother call me that, unless you so desire. It is a life I have lived centuries ago, and it will not return any time soon…”

Then Callisto did the most audacious of things. She reached up and wiped the remaining blood from Judge’s lower jaw, cleaning her hand in the water when she finished. “This is a civilized conversation. Appearing like a wild, grungy peasant will not do at this time, but you’re welcome to dirty yourself up should you wish.” A wink.
Callisto
Boobs

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Judge on October 6th, 2010, 3:55 am

Never in his short five years of life had he the pleasure of making acquaintances on par with the likes of Callisto. The way she moved, spoke, and looked at him teased his feral nature. She resonated with him in a way he thought impossible for himself, even in the company of like-minded kelvics. The predator's breath came in quickened intervals with the rise of his bare, battle-scarred chest as her hand hovered, teasing at the notion of touching flesh against flesh. How he wanted her boldness to carry through the hesitation! He could sense her own excitement and curiosity.

He wasn't sure if her boldness would stand the test of his closing proximity, and when he was close enough to feel the coolness of her breath against his skin, she revealed much of herself with the simplest of actions…albeit the most unthinkable of actions for a civilized person, as she lapped the blood-red water drifting around them to her lips. Judge's eyes widened, utterly surprised, utterly delighted with her at that crucial moment. "No it isn't." Judge smirked, "Perhaps that is why I fancied the label." He remarked with a sly curve of his eyebrow, impressed by her insights thus far.

What an interesting turn of events this was, he never would have imagined that she would so openly accept his nature, let alone exemplify those feral aspects in herself. Dare he see the opportunity for companionship? The sensation of peace he derived from this interaction was an old emotion he thought long dead, buried with his mistress Yora. Yet here, beneath the gaze of Leth's soft, revealing light; Judge observed Callisto now intensely, permafrost blue eyes wandering up and down her luscious body. Although a killer and beast, he too shared a deep appreciation for bodily form, and openly drank in her visage as she did too.

"You will have to indulge my ignorance Callisto, you say such strange, puzzling things. You change shape as I do?" Judge didn't know what to think of all that she was attempting to explain. He cursed his youth at times like these, frustrated by his own inability to follow her train of thought as easily as he thought he should. "Full of surprises you are." He chuckled lightly, his hard gaze softening as he became more comfortable, more entranced with her azure eyes.

Then she won his favor so quickly, so assertively that he began to seriously reconsider his oath to remain masterless. As she reached to touch his jaw, Judge almost recoiled out of instinct, but forced himself still. She was cleaning his mess, her touch electric against his skin, so persuasive and magnetic. She made her suggestive comment and Judge cocked his head to the side, eyes never leaving hers, a sly grin growing from ear to ear. "Perhaps that is what we both wish." He winked back, reaching a hand up to caress her cheek, smearing human blood on her. He suddenly acted surprised, "Let me clean that off, it isn't becoming of a queen." With that said, he moved without warning to lick the blood from her cheek clean then moved his head back when he was done to observe her reaction.
Judge
Pace tua

Character sheet

Postby Callisto on October 6th, 2010, 6:55 am

Why was it not a surprise the Kelvic had no notion of her origins or race? She supposed, from what she has heard of the shape shifters that he is far younger than he appears, and that knowledge of the world is limited to what is immediately in the vicinity. Or perhaps she was wrong, something that made her finger twitch at the prospect. There were not many Ethaefal present in Mizahar, although some yet still slip through the rift. Callisto in all her time she has traveled has only ever met one… and one she has encountered quite a many times. They do not call for each other, they do not wish for each other’s company. It is ingrained in their minds and their hearts, and yet they still draw near…

The Konti was pleased, however, when her actions incited a proper response. He was surprised, perhaps, amused? The situation had taken a turn for the better, even in the miniscule amount of time they had spent in each other’s presence. And so intimate, so feral in the displays of courting, she felt something in her surge. Power! Or was it Affection? Her brows furrowed ever slightly, a distinguishable look on her face that hinted at some internal conflict. But her mind strayed from the possibilities when Judge asked her to elaborate. She knew it would be difficult to do so in her current form. Her thoughts were muddled, faded and blocked beneath the mind of an earthbound form.

I am an Ethaefal. A Fallen One, a daughter of Syna.” It was rehearsed. She had had to explain it again and again throughout her journey. Always questions, always curious eyes. “During the day I take on the body the Mother Syna had bestowed upon me upon my transcendence. During the night I am a Konti.” During the night, I am incomplete. It burned in her mind, and it was almost instinctual when her hands clenched tightly into fists. She had looked away, toward the water, somewhere where her desires would not take root in her heart.

It was fate to be alone. It was fate to remain wonton.

But Judge was aggressive, passive, but still quite indicative. When he touched her cheek with his bloodied hand, she nearly slapped his wrist for it, but his tongue soon stayed it, and she was left utterly surprised. “You are bold,” She said softly, lightly touching the skin that was so enthusiastically cleaned of blood. “Allow me to return the favor.” And she had leaned forward then, pressing her chest to his own, and grasping his neck with one hand to press her lips against his. It was a heated kiss, a passionate one, but an empty one? Callisto could not say. Several long seconds dragged on, and it seemed to last an eternity before the Konti tore away and began to wade back toward her belongings.

There was something nagging in her mind.

You have taken many lovers, Mana. Why am I so different, why can I not remain with you here?

Because I do not know if I will be able to let you go.

So soft a memory, so enticing. Callisto had knelt before her garments and sat still for quite a while, water that dripped from her skin and hair creating patterns on the soft soil beneath her. She had kissed him, kissed a stranger she had met in the night, because she could not restrain herself! “I apologize if I do not perform to your standing, Judge.” She said, her back turned to him, an invitation.
Callisto
Boobs

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Judge on October 7th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Judge listened to Callisto's explanation, however brief, intently, his mind hanging off every word and syllable as he attempted to make sense of it, even if most of her terminology meant little to nothing to the Kelvic. He thought he understood well enough, grasping that she shifted as a result of the sun; or absence of it. Judge found this prospect curious and somehow tragic. He could shift virtually unlimited times a day, provided enough food supply was around to quench an already gluttonous appetite. Although his human form had its advantages, Judge preferred the strength and mobility of his Talderian counterpart, he couldn't imagine being stuck as a human for a whole night without the option to run and hunt freely as the wolf he truly was. Did she approve of her current form? Judge couldn't tell. Talking about it appeared to trouble her, this much he was sure. As to what about it or why was beyond him.

Judge was not displeased with Callisto's reaction in the slightest. As soon as he leaned back from cleaning her, she returned the favor indeed passionately. He basked in the moment, pressing his lips back against hers. It was a pleasant kiss, one that he wouldn't forget, and without doubt hungered for more as he felt her body against his, bare and unhindered. The kiss was over too soon, lingering over all of his thoughts as she tore away and turned towards her possessions. What troubled her? Judge was sure it was no fault of his what cast her thoughts along the water, wavering and flowing from one thought to the next. His kelvic instincts emerged from the coldness of his usual disposition, merging into the burning in his chest for her as he wanted nothing more in this savage world than to comfort this woman, make her forget at least for a night the woes of days past. He was particularly good at moving forward himself, thoughts of Yora distant from his heart.

At first Judge fought the growing emotions, unsure If his kelvic nature had taken precedence because of weakness, a co-dependence on a companion to ease the tension that ever nagged at him.

The emptiness….

Judge was young, but an excellent judge of character. It was a talent of his, perhaps aided by his experiences and animal nature. He could sense things other people could not, however subtle the sensation, even if its meaning wasn't clear. Callisto inspired him unlike any creature before had. He hadn't expected these turn of events when he'd come to meet and greet, and now, watching her naked form ascend the stream, Judge could do nothing else but wash his hands along the streams current clean and follow.

What a woman this was! Judge wanted her…needed her, and almost laughed out of surprise and joy as she invited him in her own, subtle inciting way. He knelt behind her, admiring her scales as he pressed himself against her, arms wrapped around her firmly. If anything he had hoped he wasn't disappointing her. He nuzzled his face along her neck, planting small kisses and licks as he said nothing, spoken language lost as to how to express what he held inside, so desperate to say, yet unsure how.

I choose you

Such a simple phrase, so difficult to ensure that it sounded right If it left his lips. Even so, he wasn't sure If this was entirely the case. In truth, she had more chosen him, him merely lucky that their paths crossed.

Judge moved to her side, raising a hand and tilting her head gently by the chin so that his blue gaze met hers. He was never one for long speech, preferring to let his actions speak for him. Judge kissed her again, hands roaming over her body freely, warm to the touch, speaking for him.
Judge
Pace tua

Character sheet

Postby Callisto on October 8th, 2010, 3:06 am

Throughout her life as a Konti, she had been taught, nurtured and reminded that a life as a Konti was generally no life for a man to accept, at least in the days when she had once lived. She would leave Mura, always leave, and never bring men with her. She had her children in the comfort of the White Isle, but her daughters never met their fathers, no matter how much she might have loved them and wished them to. Callisto was dedicated to the nurturing of her own daughters, but she knew that being who she was, she would soon out-age the men she bore them for. They would wither and die, and leave her to wallow in sorrow and despair at a love she had once lost.

She did not want to experience this again.

So when she noticed the same characteristics in this creature as she did to a once long-lost lover, it struck her to the core. She could not remember his face. When she touched Judge, it did not come to her. No image, no flashes of heat on a summer night, no sweet whispers in her ear. It was only him, a Kelvic who longed for her just as she too could not help but long for him. And why? Why was she so quick to decide? No, no! She was conflicted! It was not love, only lust. It was the tremble that crawled down her spine as he approached her, and the sigh she released after having been surprised she was holding her breath.

What do you want from me?

Your command, your touch, your love…

Love? There is no room for love in my heart.

She had not meant to be so heartless then. She only wished to shield herself from the torment that would inevitably come. Judge was kissing her, stroking her scale-riddled skin, showing his affection not unlike the men before him. Callisto had to close her eyes, and only then did a single tear shed from her closed lids. Some intangible force tugged at her heart that she had mistaken for her sorrow, but when the words slipped into her mind, it was clear. The trails of her own heart reached out to him. The bond!

When the Kelvic turned her head and kissed her once more, the walls built around her heart collapsed. She returned his kiss with as much vigor as one who had been deprived of it for far too long. She wrapped her arms around his neck, a hand on his cheek, and nails raked against his skin. She did not care! She did not wish to be alone! It was only him in that instant, and the shadow of a luminous lover was pushed into the dark recesses of her mind. The Konti even went as far as pushing Judge against the tree, leaving a trail of heated kisses along his jaw and neck. “You've made a place for yourself in my heart,” She whispered softly into his ear, hands sliding down the length of his stomach, "They will fear the strong."
Callisto
Boobs

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Judge on October 8th, 2010, 4:26 am

Judge's emptiness, the collective loneliness he felt from the absence of a bondmate, filled as Callisto accepted him. The Kelvic could feel a similar tension inside her give. Joy swelled in his heart, feeling a passion to live, instead of just survive. Oh what a difference! He recognized the restrained passion overflowing through her intimacy and could only smile, pleased by how good it felt, pleased that he finally found his match.

Her touch bore into his mind and captivated every part of his being. The world around them was a blur, hazed and distorted compared to Callisto, whom he saw distinctly clear. As she forced him against the tree, impressing and exciting him, he admired her, wanted to be with her and protect her, knowing quite well that she could handle herself but unable to bear the thought of losing her. This was a world of pain and loss as much as joy and passion. He knew that the bond was complete when he surprised himself thinking thoughts of loyalty, an oath of fealty and unrivaled love.

His heart began to race as she told of his place, and promptly took one of her hands to his chest, over his heart so that she may feel her place in his. His other hand traced invisible lines along her soft skin, his eyes reflecting compassion, lust, and respect. He whispered back, "They always do." gently nibbling her ear playfully, hands following her curves.

His hands came around her backside, momentarily giving Callisto a playful squeeze before he picked her up, raising her eye level, their chests pressed together. He latched his mouth along her shoulder and softly grazed his teeth against her skin, arms around her back holding her. He leaned up and grinned devilishly,

"Now you're stuck with me." He winked.
Judge
Pace tua

Character sheet

Next