Closed [The Trail of Waterfalls] Playing With Magic (Nyra)

Because with magic...what could possibly go wrong?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[The Trail of Waterfalls] Playing With Magic (Nyra)

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 26th, 2014, 4:11 am

The girl tried to comfort Kaik but it did nothing to help. Surely forgetting the past was better than having it suffocate him. He didn't want his past to be who he was, though the word "bland" entertained him for awhile, he was starting to appreciate the girl's attempt at helping him.

Cassia began talking about what being human meant, personally he had thought being a machine seemed nice, at least then he wouldn't have to worry about life's problems. Kaik was irritated hearing her say, "Time eventually heals everything." For most of his entire life he had to bear the death of those he loved, time did not help him forget instead it made him more desperate to get back what he lost.

The girl did her best to help him, he could not deny that. "Thanks Ms. Adult, I'm happy you're trying to help me...about you...I lost my parents as well, I really do know how difficult it can be, so know I want to help you...please tell me honestly, do you live alone in the city? If you do well...isn't it difficult to get around? People must harass you all the time asking about what you're doing, the Shinya especially...so that's why I figure I could try giving you some help...it may take some time but I could create a doll to accompany you while you're out, that way people won't ask questions, plus it can help with cleaning and the like...even if you don't live alone, I could just make a smaller one for you, consider what I'm doing a gift...you tried to help me so I will return the favor."

Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nyra on July 27th, 2014, 2:12 pm

"Thanks Ms. Adult, I'm happy you're trying to help me...about you...I lost my parents as well, I really do know how difficult it can be, so know I want to help you...please tell me honestly, do you live alone in the city? If you do well...isn't it difficult to get around? People must harass you all the time asking about what you're doing, the Shinya especially...so that's why I figure I could try giving you some help...it may take some time but I could create a doll to accompany you while you're out, that way people won't ask questions, plus it can help with cleaning and the like...even if you don't live alone, I could just make a smaller one for you, consider what I'm doing a gift...you tried to help me so I will return the favor." She grinned at the idea of having an animated thing to herself, and helping to clean up? She knew part of her thought she should say it was fine, but he would probably say no anyway. “You need help with it though? I’m sure you're busy with your job and stuff.. And I can buy some of the materials…?” She didn’t like the thought of giving Kinas, but was for the.. thing? She really didn’t know what to call it.
Nyra
Player

Words: 14747
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 27th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Despite Cassia's adult speech it seemed like she brightened up as he mentioned giving her a doll as a gift. Since she didn't say no, he had assumed that grin she had meant yes. He began chuckling to himself as she grinned, but then the girl offered to help even going to say she could buy the materials and that he would be busy with a job. The very fact she said she could buy materials implied something. How did she acquire the money to be able to say she herself would buy materials? Perhaps he had misunderstood her words which could have instead meant he would give her the money to buy materials.

Kaik kept his accusations in the back of his mind, certain it was not time to go digging into the girl's history. As for him having the time accomplish the actual project, he would have no problems dealing with it in the daytime.

"I do have work but I'm sure I'll have have some time to work on it, as for materials my wage is good enough to handle it...but there are two things I could use some help with, one is a name for the doll, two is your cooperation during the Animation once I get the shell ready, so I think I'll will be able to meet you again here in about five days...any concerns?" Kaik was alreay feeling the coming fatigue he had placed on himself as he thought about animating both Oliver and the new shell, as well as working at the studio.

Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Nyra on July 30th, 2014, 5:48 pm

He began to chuckle, but slowly stopped, somewhat abruptly. It worried her that he had somehow figured out, but soon he started to speak. "I do have work but I'm sure I'll have have some time to work on it, as for materials my wage is good enough to handle it...but there are two things I could use some help with, one is a name for the doll, two is your cooperation during the Animation once I get the shell ready, so I think I'll will be able to meet you again here in about five days...any concerns?" A name. Hmmm. “Iris.” It sounded nice, she supposed. She didn’t really know. “Five days, same time sounds good, yeah. I’ll get going now, then..” She supposed she could just walk off now. She ran out of the trail back to her cottage.

OOC: I think this bakes the Kaik! ( haha so funny ) you can exit out yourself if ya want, sorry for taking so long
Nyra
Player

Words: 14747
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 30th, 2014, 7:40 pm

OOCAnd this marks the end, I'll be sending this in for a grade then.

The child's choice of name was nice, not at all what he had expected from her. In all honesty he had expected names like 'Crispy' or 'Ash'. Based on the name it looked as if the girl preferred a women rather than a man. He made sure to keep a mental image of the kid as a model for the doll. With the name picked out and her approval of the arrangements she said her farewells and left. Kaik was about to say his own goodbye but the girl dashed off before he could say it, he settled for a wave not that she could see it as she made her way home.

It had been a long day and the walk back home seemed unpleasant, yet he slowly made his way back home with thoughts of his project filling his mind. He had much work ahead of him.

Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on August 2nd, 2014, 12:59 pm

Kaik Leyr

XP Award:
  • Carving +1
  • Observation +3
  • Detection +1
  • Socialization +4
  • Rhetoric +1
  • Teaching +1

Lore:
  • Lhavit: The trail of waterfalls
  • Children shouldn’t be taught magic!
  • Feeling confident when talking to a child
  • ”Cassia”: A little girl with the power to kill or save someone
  • Reimancy and Flux?
  • Thinking about the past frees powerful emotions
  • ”Time heals everything?” Don’t give me that shyke!
  • There’s something odd about Cassia

Nyra

XP Award:
  • Observation +3
  • Reimancy +1
  • Sneak +1
  • Socialization +4
  • Rhetoric +1

Lore:
  • Lhavit: The trail of waterfalls
  • Being lectured about the proper use of magic
  • Adult slang: ‘If you want’ means ‘I am going to do it anyway’
  • Kaik Leyr and Arya: Animator and doll
  • It’s no use dwelling in the past
  • Kaik will make me a doll!

Notes:
Well… Kaik, I really enjoyed reading your posts :) You did a great job describing both the doubts Kaik had as well as his emotions and thoughts and all, very nicely done emotional drama part as well. Yeah, fantastic!

Nyra… Most of your posts were way too short. Also, don’t just quote what Kaik said and then write one or two sentences with a brief reply. Usually people will get it when you don’t actually rewrite the spoken word of the previous poster before replying to them (does that make sense?). Also, I couldn’t give you any flux points for you didn’t really describe it in detail. You just said you concentrated flux in your leg. That won’t do. It’s the same with all magics, describe the process in detail, mention Djed and in the case of Reimancy Res, and voila, you will get some xp. Then there is also the case of your first few posts that don’t align with your cs. Nyra is supposed to be human, correct? I do know that she initially was Ethaefal, but seeing as her race is human in your cs, it makes absolutely no sense for her to want to go back to the sky and all. Also, there was a mentioning of her being an eth in one of your first posts, please edit this. And lastly, while Nyra is supposed to be 15, her date of birth is listed in your cs as 3rd of summer 414 AV, which should make her 100 years old. That combined with her being human, is pretty impossible. I’m not trying to be annoying or lash out at you, but those are just things I can’t ignore. Please look everything over thoroughly and edit where necessary.

Please edit or delete your request in the request thread.
Comments, questions or concerns regarding your grade? Pm me.

Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous