Open A Good Run. (Apparently)

Getting money in Sunberth is more difficult than it seems.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Good Run. (Apparently)

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on August 13th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Sh'Ky Naes

"But, you deserve to die, don't you? They didn't seek you out without just cause. You are the piece of shyke here."Astounded, Sh'Ky struggled to find a word to respond, as he was shoved back, and suddenly, a sword was pointed in his face. "You aren't a killer. No, you're an idiot that doesn't know who he is. I won't follow you, and I won't keep quiet. If I desire to tell the entire city about what you've done, I'll do it. I'll petching pay somebody to hunt you down if I petching please. And, if you dare come towards me ever again, I will avenge that man at your feet, without a thought. He didn't deserve to die, but I believe very differently about you."Glowering, Sh'Ky was about to speak, when they abruptly left.

Nudging the dust in the street around the dead man, he walked home, thinking about what the man had said. Apparently, someone thought that they were above reproach, in this city of filth. Where everyone and their gram were into something distasteful. So where did he get off being all high and mighty? However, the words about Sh'Ky's sense of self did get him thinking. Nobody was innocent here, but did he really know who he was? After all this time, was he stuck in a rut? Did he stay just because it was where he was at home? Shaking his head, he thought, No, it can't be that. That man was just up on his high horse, looking for someone to preach at, because he feels guilty about something. That's all.

And so he left, unrepentant, and almost unchanged.

Almost.

Other's Words My Words My thoughts NPC's Words
Alt:
Dallen McHenderson
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Good Run. (Apparently)

Postby Orion Michaels on September 8th, 2014, 1:54 am

Sh'kye

XP :
+1 Acting
+1 Busking
+1 Subterfuge
+2 Observation
+1 Weapon: Shortsword
+1 Tactics

lore :
-Short Sword: Pommel Strike
Sunberth: Kill or Be Killed
Gold: The cure-all

Loot :
+120 copper mizas
-50 gold rimmed mizas

Wel
If you come back, please update your ledger with seasonal expenses and I'll get you your grade.

Notes
I gave the point in busking for the sleight of hand. Please make sure to show more struggle with that sort of thing in the future; flawlessly conning a group of people with no skills to back it up isn't something we want to see. We already talked about the money a little bit, but try and be a bit more vague with your rewards. If you want something specific, make sure it's cool with a ST. Finally, in that last post, the dark red on black is killer to read. I'd suggest a different color. I had to highlight it to read it.

So all of that said: I enjoy the descriptions you two had. Nothing felt terribly forced or rushed. Sh'Ky doesn't seem to know exactly what he wants to be, and that makes for enjoyable writing. Keep up the good work. :)

As always, PM with questions.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous