Oh hi, everybody! :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Fyra Ashworth on July 29th, 2014, 6:06 pm

Hello everyone!

My character's name is Fyra, and you can call me that, too. I RP'd a little bit a long time ago, but I'd definitely call myself a newbie.

I wish I had an epic story about coming across this website, but honestly I just happened upon it while googling.

I really like RP's that prioritize the story over everything else. I like coming up with complex characters with real motivations. I want my characters to be doing something purposeful right away, not just sort of lollygagging around. I can be kind of a minimalist with details. I prefer to focus throughly on the important bits and leave the rest to the reader's imagination. I'm trying not to do that too much because I don't think it would entirely work here, but if I'm ever doing that feel free to call me out on it.

Number crunching is not really my thing. I'm pretty horrible at math. I mean, I'm good at like calculus and geometry and stuff like that, but I tend to mess up the basic stuff.

My favorite thing about Mizahar is its attention to detail, while still giving the writers space to be creative. I think the balance is excellent. I'd love for there to be more lists. They help readers access information quickly. For example, a list of languages would be helpful.

I'm super excited to start RPing! See you all in Mizahar!

Fyra
Fyra Ashworth
Player

Words: 24985
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Adelaide Sitai on July 29th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Hello Fyra and welcome to Mizahar! Based on your description of what you want from an RP, it seems that you've come to the right place - especially if you take the time to create and develop a good character. As for being minimalist with details, everyone has a slightly different style that's relevant to their character and I'm sure you'll get the hang of going further into details if needs be.

Yes - Mizahar has some excellent lores and that makes it a wonderful environment to RP in.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer them.
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Azrayel Kolasi on July 30th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hello, and welcome.

I too love well developed characters. I'm not sure I'm the best at making them, but part of the reason I am here is to learn, and to improve.

As far as Mizahar goes, I would say the depth of the lore is both a draw - and somewhat of an obstacle - if that makes any sense.

If you're ever in Zeltiva, look me up.
Credit for the CS Template goes to Fallon, at Fallon's Coffee Codes.
Azrayel Kolasi
Go on; dare me.

Words: 71478
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2013, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gilva Snowsong on July 30th, 2014, 9:33 pm

lists in general

list of languages

list of vulgar words

I understand what you mean. Though sometimes I question it. Does it seem natural for the characters to already be thrust into a predicament which they seemingly have no control over? I feel like sometimes it works, and other times it comes off rushed. Like...a movie where they spend a lot of time getting you invested in the story, and the actions culminating scene is only like 2 seconds and the end credits just pop up. But its also horrible when it takes forever to actually get to the point D:
Vani | Common
Gilva Snowsong
Player

Words: 53665
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Fyra Ashworth on August 7th, 2014, 1:25 am

Vervain- I will probably be in Zeltiva sometime next season. :)

Gilva- I think that depends on how you define a predicament. If it is just an external predicament, or one that quickly leads to a resolution, I don't think it is effective. But an external predicament that mirrors internal conflict while also leading to a new set of obstacles thereby moving the plot... now that is what I like to see.
Fyra Ashworth
Player

Words: 24985
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Character sheet