Flashback Help from an unsuspected source

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Help from an unsuspected source

Postby Larsel on August 20th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Larsel listenend. Still absentmindly poking and prodding at his still throbbing nose. Whincing whenever he did so. He definatly had to go to the healers after this and get it fixed. Seems like his half arsed attempt to fix it himself didn’t do him much good at all. “Eypharian.. Never heard of them. What are they like?” It was an innocent and genuine question coming from the short youth. He didn’t really know why he was slightly interested in the race whose blood flowed through the woman’s veins. Maybe it was because she helped him and he just wanted her around for a bit more. Actually talk to people instead of getting intimidated or intimidate each other. Or beating him up, or just ignoring him completely. Actually having somebody talk to him. No matter how disinterested she appeared was a nice change.

Then she told him not to antagonize the teens who had been beating on him. Something that earned her a blank stare. “It doesn’t matter if I antagonize them or not. The fact I’m still breathing is enough of an excuse for them to beat me up. So doesn't matter if I give them extra reasons." He said with a wide smile. "Besides, riling them up is at least funny. Especially if I can get in a few good punches myself. if I’m going to get beaten up anyway. Might as well not go down easily and get some enjoyment out of it.” He paused for a while.

“Did the rest of your clan only pick and beat on you when you pissed them off? Must have been nice.”
Larsel
Player

Words: 16278
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2014, 10:36 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on August 25th, 2014, 7:52 pm

He has the ignorance of youth, Ayatah thought a little sadly. Men were usually more stubborn than women, despite being secondary to their female counterparts in the Myrian society. "It won't be funny in ten years time," she forewarned, "or in twenty." As different as Aya was to the rest of her people - especially in the scholarly sense - she knew when to keep her head down.

"Eypharians are in the desert. They have multiple arms." Those two slices of information were the only solid facts Ayatah truly knew of her paternal people. There were other things, namely how weak and inferior the desert-dwellers were, but Aya felt that such 'facts' were slightly bias and not at all truthful.

To the lad's question, Ayatah shook her head slowly. "No. My clan were the only ones to accept me, really." It had taken her to complete her Blooding for most other Myrians to even consider tolerating the half-breed. "I take it your clan is less kind?"

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Larsel on August 25th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Larsel just shrugged at her admonishment about how riling them up wouldn’t be funny in ten or twenty years. Maybe it would lose a bit of the fun. Besides even if he didn’t rile them up. They would push him around and bully him anyway, better to get some laughs out of the pain then just having pain. “Maybe. No sense in worrying about the future now.” He simply replied to her concern. Why worry about a future that he might not even reach?

Ayatah only said her father had multiple arms and came from the desert. A desert was a land only with sand. He heard that from stories. But for the life of him he couldn’t imagine a land without the lush trees and plants of his homeland.. How could anything even live in a place where there was only sand? Then Larsel tried to imagine a man with four or more arms.. How would those even fit on a torso? Was it stretched out and larger then average. “Multiple arms.. that’s really strange. Then again, the fact they can live in a desert is also strange. So I guess it fits.”

“You could say that. They pretty much kept me around as a punishment for my mum sleeping with an isur. Tried to teach her to keep in mind the consequences of what she did.” In his opinion. The lesson wasn’t sticking, but he wasn’t about to voice that opinion in his own clan. They might just call of her punishment and off him so they don’t have to look at him anymore.
Larsel
Player

Words: 16278
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2014, 10:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on September 4th, 2014, 10:11 am

His answer was unsatisfactory, and Ayatah rolled her eyes in frustration. Why was she wasting her time with a youth that didn't even care to listen to what she was saying?

Because you feel sorry for him, and share his pain.

The boy's statement about his clan tugged at Aya's heartstrings. Now she pitied him, wholly and completely. The Scattered Bones had always been so accepting and loving of her, that it was impossible for Aya to imagine anything different. But unfortunately, it was common for a clan to treat a half-breed child as secondary to other, pureblooded children. And this boy, being a male, had the double whammy of being half-breed and being male. "Why didn't they just kill, or leave, you?"

The question sounded harsher than she intended, though Aya had not meant to direct it to Larsel himself. Instead, it was something she desired to ask his clansmen; why keep a child only to torture it? If Myri had allowed the child to live, who were they to punish him? She inhaled sharply, puffing her cheeks out and exhaling slowly. "I apologise, I didn't mean to word that so brutally." She muttered. She was not herself; usually Ayatah was an eloquent speaker (her fascination with books had developed a wide vocabulary from a young age).

She eyed the lad once again, critically, mentally weighing up the pros and cons of engaging in further conversation.

Clearly, he seemed worth her while.

"You should be thankful of being a half-breed," she said numbly, the words coming out of her mouth but having no weight of truth or meaning behind them, "had you been in the djed storm, you'd have lived. The pureblooded Myrians all disappeared." That final sentence hardly needed to be said; every citizen of Taloba would know of the events.

But you'd return to the city empty and wanting to die.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on April 17th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Ayatah

Skill XP Earned
Interrogation 1 XP
Intimidation 2 XP
Observation 2 XP
Socialization 3 XP
Unarmed Combat 2 XP

Lores Earned
Experiencing an Utter Lack of Purpose and Great Loss
Larsel: a Myrian/ Isur halfbreed
Isur: Short blue skinned people
Bestowing the Harsh Realities of a Life as a Half Breed among Myrians

Larsel

Larsel, if you return and sort our your ledger let me know and I will get you your grade for this thread :)

Additional Notes :
This is an intense side of Ayatah I have almost never seen, it was refreshing, a bit scary, and quite the enjoyable read :)

Yes, I Bite.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous