Closed By the twin goddesses, three in a row?(Aoren)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

By the twin goddesses, three in a row?(Aoren)

Postby S'Essy on August 11th, 2014, 8:06 pm

AV 514, Summer 23rd

Her days were just better and better. It was a nice change from the beginning. But soon they had to leave. Markus' family wasn't here, they couldn't spent too much time in Zeltiva anymore. She tried to enjoy her remaining time here still. She loved the place, it was a bit odd, nothing like Syliras or Riverfall. And the rain also didn't seem to hit them once more. Just the warm sun, the city was slowly recovering from the weather. At least the Konti was. And she just knew what to do, what she missed so much. She felt bad about it.

She woke up early again, like in Riverfall, finally she could get up that early. She got her dress on and left Markus' room. Though she knew he would feel better if he could watch after her, she didn't want to wake him up for that. The city didn't seem that dangerous. If nothing else, she would stay close to the Docks, it was safe right? She hoped so but she didn't bother with these thoughts only one thing was in her head. Swimming. She wasn't use to not swimming for this long time period.

First riding with Markus in the woods, then the rain. Everything was against it. But finally she was taking her steps so quickly, she was almost running to the Laviku's domain. Felt the wind on her skin, through the wind she could feel the ocean. Every part of her body needed it. Her scales, her gills, her webbed fingers, her libs... just everything. She wasn't walking anymore, she was really running this time. Till she saw it. Syna was just coming up, it's light was reflecting on the Sea Father's water. Beautiful.

She was walking along the shore, took off her sandals, to see feel the water on her feet. She didn't walk too much away from the Docks. But still she didn't want to be that close to it. It was her and Laviku's time. She didn't wait more. "I'm finally here Father." She said in Kontinese. Took her clothes off, took it the ground where she could see it and jumped into the water. Finally swimming, finally in his waters.

She felt suddenly alive, she felt herself again. Her joy was just growing by every tick and chime she was spending there. She didn't know how could she bear that much time without it, but finally she didn't have to. It was filling her up with life and energy. She swam up to the surface, to lie on her back. Enjoying Syna and Laviku, everything around her ceased to exist.
Last edited by S'Essy on September 6th, 2014, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on August 11th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Aoren sat on the beach with his journal in hand. He wore only his cotton pants. His shirt lay folded in the sand next to him. His boots stood on top of them. He had pushed his feet into the cool sand enjoying the sensation against his skin. He could see why so many people had such a fascination with the beach, with Laviku’s realm. At present though his thoughts were turned inward. The journal was resting on his knees with pages splayed open and a quill pen rustling across the paper.

With every passing day I find myself drawn more and more to the sea. It is not so much that I long for the waters of Laviku’s realm but I have a growing feeling that something lies beyond them. There are answers among those waves to questions I have yet to ask myself. I feel like I am on the cusp of a storm. The winds are rising. The clouds are gathering. I can only wonder, what will be left after it passes?

Aoren looked up from his writing. His brow was slightly furrowed. Across his consciousness rippled the familiar warmth he’d come to learn was a signal that another Healer was nearby. He blinked reaching up to rub at his eyes adjusting to the growing light Syna in the early morning hours. His gaze came to rest on a very familiar mess of light blonde hair attached to the smaller frame of none other than S’Essy. The Konti woman was becoming a frequent sight as of late. Not that Aoren minded. She was a pleasant person to be around. He had helped her discover a few things about her father through the use of his gift of Divination. The following day he had bumped into her in the library where they had discussed and practiced different methods of using Shielding magic.

Aoren watched her strip down and practically leap into the waves with an obvious enthusiasm. A smile touched his lips. Closing his journal the Drykas man set aside the book and his writing utensils placing a stopper in the inkwell. Reaching down he rolled up the hem of his pant legs before rising to make his way over to the shoreline. The water wasn’t unpleasant as it touched his bare feet and washed over his ankles. Folding his arms over his chest he stared out into the large expanse of Matthew Bay curious about what might lay beneath the depths. It was a curiosity that would have to wait. S’Essy soon broke the surface of the water looking thoroughly at ease. There was a blissful peace on her face from what he could make out as he stood on the beach.

Aoren couldn’t swim. He knew next to nothing about treading water or being comfortable amongst the waves. He was not afraid of the water. He had no reason to be. All the same he maintained the mindset that he wouldn’t be opposed to learning someday. Bringing his hands to cup around his mouth he called out over the water.

S’Essy!” He waved to the Konti woman trying to get her attention. It occurred to him that perhaps she wanted some time alone to which he felt a pang of regret for interrupting her swim.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby S'Essy on September 22nd, 2014, 2:21 pm

She could stay there for days, for seasons probably. Syna was heating her up but Laviku was cooling her down at the same time. Perfect balance it was and it was silent. Maybe she could fall asleep, but she didn't allow herself that luxury. Would be too dangerous alone. She wasn't afraid of the Sea Father's water, no, she was more afraid the people in here. She didn't know the place that well and she won't know it unfortunately. The day was coming quickly, travelling again,but there was a little advantage this time. They would travel on sea. She knew she would love it so much. Then her eyes slowly opened.

Someone was there and she didn't have to look that way. The same familiar and warm feeling was going through her body. There was another a healer in the sea or on the coast. But could it really be him again? She didn't move for quite a bit. It was too good to move at all. Her beloved sea, the warmth perhaps it wasn't him. But she was wrong, as her ears hit the familiar sound. There was no mistake. That healer was Aoren again. She let her body dove into the water first. Waking herself up with breaking that balance. She quickly came up and turned to the coast. There was him waving at him.

Avalis or Rak'keli really wanted them to meet everyday. Or just they saw the pair had some good time together, so they thought they should enjoy it as long as they could. S'Essy sighed but her mouth was moving into a smile. She waved back at him before she was swimming to him. She didn't mind a little company, and having Aoren as company was even better. Not to mention at least Markus could be calm that she wasn't alone here. She knew he didn't like the idea of her being alone here but what could she do? She didn't want to wake him up just for this.

She didn't came out from the water, she didn't want to. Instead only her head was up while her body was underwater whens she reached him."Good morning!" She greeted him. "Avalis sent you to guard my clothes? Or just enjoying the sight of Laviku's realm... or me?" She winked and let out a laugh. She always felt so playful when she was in the water, was in her true element while that. "Sorry, I'm babbling a lot as always. More if I'm underwater."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on October 6th, 2014, 6:46 pm

From what he could tell S’Essy appeared to be enjoying her time in the water a great deal. It was a simplistic peace that he somewhat envied. To be so lost in the enjoyment of a single activity that he could just let go. It had been a long time since Aoren had had the pleasure of partaking of such an activity. Even the balm that meditating or practicing with his quarterstaff sometimes imbued had become stale as of late. He smiled brightly when she acknowledged him.

Maybe a little bit of both?” He answered her jest with a chuckle and a wink. There was no denying that the Konti woman was beautiful but Aoren already had a clue in to the fact that she was traveling with someone. He didn’t want to impose so he made no further advances than was appropriate.

Don’t apologize for finding peace in your natural element, S’Essy. If you are enjoying yourself then enjoy yourself. Believe me when I say that I’m more than a little envious.” He crouched down meeting her gaze from the shore. The water was just a little past his ankles. The smell of sea salt filled his nostrils along with sand and other earthly scents. Reaching up he threaded the fingers of his right hand through his hair shaking the curls loose. It had been a while since he’d received his last haircut. The sandy blonde hair was beginning to touch the base of his neck.

I would join you but I don’t take to the water so naturally. I never really learned how to swim. While I was in Syliras the opportunity never presented itself.” Aoren had a healthy respect for the water. He had never known anyone personally who had drowned but he’d heard and seen the victims of such tragedies. All the same he did enjoy the sight of the water. The crash of the waves accompanied by a call of seagulls was soothing. It provided a distraction to things that were weighing down on his mind but it wasn’t quite distraction enough.

So!,” He rocked back allowing himself to tip over onto his bottom feeling a slight chill go up his spine as his pants were wetted. He didn’t mind. It was not as if he were about to go anywhere significantly upscale any time soon. The walk back to his dorm room would prove lengthy enough to allow for time to dry off. “What brings you out here to enjoy the beach? Alone.

There was the slightest arching of an eyebrow. Zeltiva had proven to be a less safe city than Aoren would have first guessed. His first day in the city had involved tending to a number of injured people, an encounter with a crazed mage, and from there he’d been in several sticky situations. Thankfully he’d managed to come out with little more than mild bruises and some scrapes but he couldn’t say he was comfortable with the idea that S’Essy was out by herself.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on October 12th, 2014, 6:00 pm

She laughed even more when he answered. The Konti was glad he understood her joke and even continue on with it. "Oh good! You like to enjoy life's beauty. You are a smart man. Maybe I will also enjoy your sight then." She hopped on her back and was swimming in circles, close to him. She just hated to do nothing in water.

He was right, it felt silly to apology for enjoying Laviku's waters so much. And he didn't have to say twice, she was enjoying herself, how could she not? "Envy?" She asked but then she understood what he meant. She keep forgetting that unlike Svefras, humans don't view it as their natural element. Neither Markus, him and the sea are two different things. She knew it, but she never understood, she just couldn't imagine a world like that. But that must be because her Father was Laviku who gifted them with these abilities.

She laughed again about his comment. Not joining because of that? That was just the silliest thing she has ever heard. She went underwater and emerged to the surface again. "Well... here I am. Your opportunity. C'mon dear, you don't need gills and webbed fingers, toes for swimming believe me. It was just a gift from my Father." She was inviting him to come forth. She would be there to protect him from the dangers, he wouldn't be the first.

The next question though changed her mood. She didn't smile. His face also was different, not happy and his voice... like he was worried. She had to admit, it wasn't the safest in Zeltiva and she was worried about that murderer but she couldn't stay in their inn all day."I'm not used to not swim everyday. 30 days of travelling without sea was no good. I don't feel fit enough. Then that terrible rain. I wanted to wait for Markus, but he also needs sleeping, I don't want to selfishly wake him up. I go here early morning always. "

She sighed and calmed down. He just asked. Not like she was angry but it was frustrating not to enjoy Laviku's domain for that amount of time. It was unnatural."But I'm not alone right? I have you and you have me, so how about I teach you one or two things about swimming. So you can enjoy it as your element too. "
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on October 28th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Aoren could understand a feeling of longing. He had grown up in Syliras but as he looked back on it he couldn’t truly say that the city had ever really been his home. There had always been something missing. Whether it was in the form of friends and family or simply because the Fortress City proved to be far too restrictive for him, the reasons were there. Still, he did not think of the City of Peace without fond memories. It had not been a prison but he couldn’t picture himself ever returning to the city to live there now that he had left it.

You? Teach me how to swim?” He spoke more out of surprise than anything. Surprise that she would offer. Then again, S’Essy was a giving woman so as he thought about it the offer wasn’t surprising at all. There was the briefest of hesitations before a smile broke out across his face. He nodded almost vigorously. Swimming was most definitely something he wanted to do that day. It was a break from the routine of what he normally did and he was in dire need of something different. In the interest of keeping things modest Aoren decided to keep his pants on. He stood up stretching his muscles as he did so by bringing his arms up over his head, lacing his fingers together and pushing skyward.

Well…here goes!” Jumping up and down on the balls of his feet for a moment to loosen up his limbs he began wading into the waters. The seawater was a tad bit chilly but not uncomfortably so. He got about waist deep before he came to stop. Cobalt blue eyes came to rest on S’Essy and he adopted a curious expression.

What now?” Aoren had gone to the Hot Springs in Syliras before, he had even gone to the bathhouse. Never in all that time had he ever really learned how to swim. It was just not something that ever came up. Aoren wasn’t even entirely certain he would be able to float atop the water. Part of the reason he’d only waded in so far up to his waist was because he was afraid he would sink to the bottom if he went any further. Drowning was not high on Aoren’s priorities of things to experience in this life. With S’Essy nearby however he was comforted in the fact that she would be showing him the ropes, so to speak.

You will have to take it slow with me, S’Essy. I really don’t know the first thing about swimming. How do you stay afloat like that? Is it something Konti just do?” He gave a slightly embarrassed chuckle before folding his arms over his chest in a mildly self-conscious gesture. He studied S’Essy’s movements as carefully as he could from what he could see beneath the surface of the water. He watched the way she swayed her arms back and forth, how she managed to keep herself above the waterline without her feet touching the bottom. Aoren could feel the silt beneath his feet, the weight of his pants floating beneath the water. This was going to be an interesting day and he had a very strong feeling that he was about to make a very big fool of himself. Aoren smiled broadly.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on November 24th, 2014, 6:59 pm

S'Essy raised one of her eyebrows at his question, she didn't really understand his question. Or why was he so surprised about it. "Yes... me. I believe, I can do that. As a daughter of Laviku, I feel capable." Her tone wasn't serious, she was just joking. And it seemed Aoren gladly accepted her offer with a smile. He stood up, getting ready physically for the "challenge." She found it amusing, and tried to not laugh. She was just smiling, a big, bright smile. He was a human and he couldn't swim it was just natural. She wasn't good at everything either.

S'Essy was also watching with amusement, his steps into the water. She was impressed, she has seen much more interesting expressions so far. He took it well, he was familiar with it. She was waiting for him to come closer but he stopped at waist level. Okay, safety first, she had to admit it was the best decision but it was hard to teach from there. His eyes showed her that he wanted instructions from there.

And so he did ask that one question, she should have pondered about this whole time. How to go from there? The Konti remembered she was teaching a human once too, shall she apply that with him too? Though she knew that Orion couldn't swim at all. She didn't even paid attention, and she was just effortlessly swimming on her back in circles. Oddly, it helped her thinking more clearly. Too bad she couldn't jump into the sea every time she would need to think.

When he asked more questions, she just noticed what she was doing and stopped right away. More amusement, more funny questions for him. She couldn't help but laugh delightfully. "Oh Aoren, you are so cute. I'll take it slow with you. And you can stay float too. Might be easier for me with these..." She pulled her hand up from the water and showed him the webs between her fingers. "...but believe me, you can do this without them. All you do is, kicking under the water and your hands can help too look!" And on the surface on the water she showed the moves of her hands. "Easy!"

Then she finally knew how should they start. But first S'Essy looked around. No people were around, it would be easier to ask him that way. "Okay, first I want you to show me what you know. We are alone, so only I would see it. Don't worry, I'll be close to you, I won't let you drown I swear! You are with Laviku's daughter, his water won't harm you. But if it would make you feel better we can pray to him. Just to make sure." she said with a smile. She wanted him to feel safe and comfortable .

OOCSorry, it took me ages to reply>.>
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)