On The Edge Of Night (Shy`ban)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Orion on October 9th, 2010, 11:36 am

This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.

Timestamp: 68th Day of The Season of Fall; Shortly before nightfall.

It was not really a good day, many things made it quite impossible for one to enjoy life to it`s fullest. After all, it is quite hard to enjoy simple things while someone next to you is being beaten to a pulp or so his mind weaved thoughts around the thin air of the almost setting sun. He had a bell or so until he would transform again... and with it everything would change, he knew it. Never understanding what really happens after the change he decided to just embrace it as much as he could, it was a part of him after all. Every time night falls these days, he would take up the name Jinvan Skyglow and against his better nature he would go around the town searching for his lost swords and for some cute girls to flirt with. All in all it was troublesome to have a character like that bottled up inside someone such as Orion, especially after trying to make the most out of his time, he really did not have patience for his crazy alter ego, and if two of them were to survive, he would need weapons training and he would need it soon. Remembering his past, Orion realised it was not as easy to kill a man as the stories say, and he would still very much want to stay sane while doing it after all. Long has the time passed when Orion was so naive to think he could get by through the simple side of life only. Somewhere along the road something in him snapped and he split into two quite different people, both of them were good people as far as Orion could tell, but he did not want to know just how crazy Jinvan really was. Thinking a bit more, he just dropped the whole thing as he decided he was not going to waste not even a second more of this day as he was moving towards the clearing in the city so he could see the setting sun. Standing there among the crowd that was shifting around him, he thought he saw some familiar people, but that was probably not true. It was probably that bastard Jinvan`s fault for he could easily recognize some of these people even if he could swear he never saw them before. Most of them were girls, which was rather typical for an idiot like his Vantha self.

Knowing Jinvan`s character, he really did not want to grasp the consequences of things he does here and there, for even if he was a bastard, he thought Orion a thing or two about freedom. Syna was soon to be vanquished, no... that was a terrible thought, she is going to give in to her lovers embrace soon and once again the sky will go dark and everything will change. Preparing for the shifting nether that was to befall him soon, the Ethaefal scratched his head a bit only to see a few distant figures move closer towards him. Cautious as he was, he wanted to hold his ground just in case, but even if he was not Vantha yet, Jinvan`s character was so dominant that it already started to work wonders on him as he took a few steps towards the strangers glaring at them viciously as they slided by him deeper into the ends of day.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on October 12th, 2010, 3:47 am

Shy'ban arrived in the tavern, shortly before nightfall. He had the urge to go get some drink and see if there was anywhere where he could gain a bit of money for an out of work warrior. However he knew by now that a change would happen, it always did. For the most part these changes were little more than light annoyances.
His divine self and how he thought were different in many things, however he considered this perhaps a relaxing break from the breaks of the day. After all having to sleep but not sleep was odd but, yet useful in some ways. He got some paper and wrote a note to himself in brief just to see if there was any work. This was why the two use the same name in fact, a concept his divine self had originally initiated while he wondered lost along the coast when he first remembered arriving in this world.
He paid for a room and decided to get a drink in the bar and wait for the inevitable, hopefully it did not alarm too many of the patrons but he needed a drink, he was still having a hard time remember things and what he did remember was less than plesant, aside from that it helped keep this lingering "darkness" he felt just out of his grasp. Not his divine self, but something from before...he pushed the memories from his mind as he ordered a drink and sat at the bar. He noticed an ethafal around the area but being as he was he did not enter into any conversation. After all it was trouble in his experience to stick his nose into other people's business especially around a bar. Next thing you know someone is saying you're tring to steal their woman and then a fight which usually excited him very much but against drunken fools was rather unsatisfying and annoying.
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Words: 5937
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 3:44 am
Character sheet

Postby Orion on October 13th, 2010, 6:44 pm

Orion`s mind was slowly drifting away into the abyss. Losing control every night was quite an event, he even felt like an Akalak for it sometimes. Raising his hand slowly to the sky, he stood like that for almost a full chime before letting the arm rest next to his side. Using the other arm to get a hood over his head, the Ethaefal knew that it was almost time. The sun died not a full moment ago and simultaneously the transformation began. He quickly sheltered himself within a nearby in as the change was a bit more subtle when cloaked and among the crowd. His robe was a bit too long now, his hair was already short, and a few glimmering peckles of shining dust enveloped light still dwelled where his horns once were. He was free, Jinvan was free... it was time for a rest a long long rest for the Ethaefal. Orion`s personality faded slowly as the Vantha was unleashed...

Quickly grabbing an ale from a nearby table he started moving towards the bar, finally he sat down next to what seemed to be an Ethaefal and started talking in his usually bold tone of voice: „So i see you are just as strange as my daily half, aren`t ya?“ his words stood in the air around them only for a moment before melting into the the sounds of the tavern, inn or whatever one might call it. Not waiting for his answer, Jinvan just passed his eyes along the crowded room spotting a few rather attractive females. The one that was particularly to his liking was an Inarta girl who`s fiery red hair reached her hips and was all neatly braided around her small seemingly tired head. From a distance, she sure was looking rather frail.. but Jinvan could already imagine all the sounds she would make if she was ever to help him get to bed.

Turning his attention towards the still silent Ethaefal he just passed his eyes by him, until he realised he was still holding a mug of ale. Raising his hand towards the Ethaefal saying: „Come on drink some, don`t worry, it`s free, since i am finally in a good mood“ he sighsed a bit as a reaction was still lacking and spoke again a bit slower and a bit more quiet: „Or i can ask the barkeep to put it to waste? It is not mine anyway“ the black haired man smiled somewhat as he was still expecting to see where this night would lead him.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on October 14th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Shy'ban looked at the man who came and sat beside him. The offer of ale was a generous one. He did not want to seem rude that was not typically in his nature.
"Of course, and thank you." He replied as he took the ale he really didn't care if this man stole it from someone or paid for it. Such trivial things normally, he didn't feel in this instance it was his place to judge a kind gesture. Ah, I'm in a bar he remembered this bar which meant he was here before nightfall. He looked at the man again realizing he was quiet and that would seem odd. "Ah, so we're similar in this changing." he said. "I don't know how strange your daily half is but I suppose we both seem strange in ways." Then he realized he had not even introduced himself. "At any rate my name is Shy'ban and I am very pleased to meet you." He said, normally if this was more formal he would offer a hand shake but in the bar was not the place for formality, he realized how he talked often reflected otherwise but he couldn't help that. He was polite. "Where are we exactly? " Shy'ban asked not certain exactly where they were other than a bar. He sipped his ale, one could notice despite his polite words, he drank almost like a warrior, odd for and Ethaefal but, not unheard of. Shy'ban noticed the man seemed occupied with the females in the room. Well that was none of his business as well and it was nothing to fault the man for. After all this was not something Shy'ban was unaccustomed to, even from time to time "awakening" in some woman's bed that he wasn't exactly sure how they got there. Shy'ban just waited to see if the man wanted to talk to him some more which was welcome to be honest.
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Character sheet

Postby Orion on October 16th, 2010, 12:01 pm

His Ethaefal friend was rather slow when it came to responses, but Jinvan understood it, he was a stranger after all. The creature in front of him seemed quite alright when it came to first appearances, but still it was hard to explain his mood right now, so he dropped the idea of thinking about it and started staring into nothing in particular. „Yea you are similar in changing alright... the only thing is, that character gets on my nerves quite a lot.. I mean he is a freaking ray of sunshine“ he paused for a bit before making another shout: „Do you have any idea how is it to have someone so.... bleh... happy running half of your life?“ Jinvan could curse his Ethaefal part for ages but he just gave it a stop here as he did not want to talk about it too much. „I do not really know why would you consider yourself that strange... but still, it isn`t quite often that we... that i get to meet new fallen“ he somewhat grinned as he started taking swift glances at the surrounding women. „Shy`ban... eh? Well i am glad to meet a non cowardly Ethaefal without Orion breathing down my neck. At any rate my name is Jinvan, once... a long time ago i was living amidst the people of the Skyglow hold and i was serving in the Icewatch as well... one could say i had an interesting life back when it was still my life“ he started laughing silently to himself as he laid back a bit more in his chair.

„Oh that`s easy.... i have no idea where we are...“ with a sarcastic tone he ended his answer as he grinned from ear to ear. „And remember to go easy on that ale, even if you seem friendly, i will probably not be so kind to carry your drunk ass away from here“ smiling a bit more he glared back at the Ethaefal. „So what roads did you take to get to this Syna forsaken place?“ he asked using his hands to motion around him aimlessly. The Vantha started to get bored a bit from all the sitting, but he was still in no mood to seduce, so he kept his place as he awaited for Shy`ban to speak. The Ethaefal took his time to answer the question.... he always did... that whole patience trait ticked Jinvan off quite a bit, but right now he would not let himself be bothered by such small things. Turning his head back towards the Inarta female in the back, he was unsure whether to go for it or not, but after looking down his ragged down robes, he could have her attention for no longer than a few chimes, unless.... „Hey Shy`ban are you up for some teamwork?“ his question resonated with joy and the sensation of relief as he finally realised not all of his options were depleted.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on October 16th, 2010, 7:47 pm

Shy'ban at first was surprised a bit at Jinvan's openess. It was just new that was all. "A ray of sunshine, hmm...must be Syna that drives Orion I would assume and perhaps hence his personality in some ways. Me on the other hand well, I'm kind of atypical for one of the fallen." Then he sipped his ale. "While some of the fallen I would assume pursue scholarly issues and how to get back to the good graces of Syna or Leth, I prefer Leth personally." Then he paused. "However not in a sexual manner of course." Then he cleared his throat. "I am more inclined to and interest in combat, specifically weapons and tactics. I find them fascinating." Then he after Orion was done asking how he got here he shrugged. "I can only assume that my day self came into here to seek refuge for the night, what he was looking for specifically I cannot say although I would guess, a job, he tends to be a bit of a mercenary at times." Then to the comment of teamwork. At first Shy'ban cleared his throat. He wasn't sure if Jinvan was insinuating what he thought he was but, he decided to learn of this. Jinvan seemed to have a thing for females, this was something Shy'ban did not understand. While he thought lusting after things most of the time was unnecessary he decided to indulge this for a moment. "Teamwork is good...so sure, I guess." Although his initial feeling was this could turn into some sort of sexual exploit but, hopefully just for Jinvan. Shy'ban didn't care for sex with earth bound females too much, not that he didn't find them attractive, it was just kind of wierd. Like out of species in some respects to him.
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Character sheet

Postby Orion on October 17th, 2010, 1:26 am

Jinvan laughed a bit as he heard Shy`ban throwing in sexual remarks about Leth into the conversation. The Ethaefal had a sense of humor and that made the Vantha grin from ear to ear, it has been a while since he had a chance to think about one of the gods in that light. Actually it was a first time to even consider thinking about something like that. „Weapons? Yea i knew quite a lot about swords while i was still among the living... well when i say among the living.. you know what i mean. At any rate if you are still up for that teamwork thing, listen closely to what i am about to say“ there his voice stopped for a bit as he turned around to check if his target was still in place.And she was, that was a sign from above to continue.

„You see that redhead all the way across the room?“ than he stopped for a bit waving his hand a bit and speaking again: „ Well of course you see her, she is quite hard to miss. At any rate, i find her pressence strangely entoxicating and would very much like to get a closer look on the situation. Seeing as both of us really have no idea where we are, i would like to ask that girl about the town or whatever. I mean either of us could lie to her sure, but that is not the way i do things; So how about it? Feel like being my wingman for a bit? Of course, if she decides to take liking in you, that is fine as well, i am not a sore loser.... at least i wasn`t in the past“ he paused a bit trying to put on a serious face but he failed and than through the laughter said: „ Shy`ban my friend, this is going to be a night to remember, come now, follow me....“ his voice trailed off as he was struggling to go through the crowd to his desired destination. He may have been a man of the frozen north, but even with Vantha girls being the most beautiful ones, he still had a thing for exotic girls, especially this good looking. He got through the crowd pretty quickly so he awaited a few steps from the girl as the Ethaefal was yet to catch up.

Meanwhile...

A short fat man and two of his friends set their gazes on Jinvan as one of them was saying: „Yes, that is the one that took your ale... that`s the one“ the small group was approaching the Vantha from behind without him noticing it, but they did not notice Shy`ban.
Last edited by Orion on October 28th, 2010, 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on October 18th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Shy'ban smiled as his conversation continued with Jinvan. He liked this person, very interesting and somehow he thought when he was alive Shy'ban had friends like Jinvan. "Wingman..." He said quietly thinking it was interesting. "Sure." Then after Jinvan went on about the redhead Shy'ban found himself laughing. "Well, let's not keep her waiting." By then Jinvan had already started making his way through the crowd.

Shy'ban started to follow when he noticed the three men making their way towards Jinvan. Didn't look like they were going to be there for a social visit. Shy'ban worked his way behind the group. He figured the fat one was the leader of the group. Shy'ban wasn't sure how he was going to alert Jinvan to this ambush. Then it occured to him that he was still carrying his ale. Shy'ban chugged the rest of his ale and then tossed the cup at the back of Jinvan's head,just hard enough to get him to turn around to see who the hell threw that. Shy'ban hoped that would work and furthermore that Jinvan wouldn't be too upset afterward for what he had to do.
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Character sheet

Postby Orion on October 19th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Jinvan was waiting at the end of the crowd for what he thought was a long time, but knowing his unpatient nature it was probably not more than a chime or two. The crowd started moving around and shifting a bit, but that did not bother the absent minded Vantha yet, as he mistook it for Shy`ban trying to get through. When the crowd finally shifted to two sides and the whispers in the room went a bit more quiet did Jinvan realize something was wrong, and something falling on his head and almost knocking him out was not the best thing for his mood as he turned with his eyes blazing red. Seeing Shy`ban the man sighsed a bit before shifting his eyes onto 3 fellas that looked like they were looking for trouble. Thanks to that monk minded idiot called Orion, he was more of a lover than a fighter, but still he could probably beat some sense in these rascals. Looking down onto the men as he was higher than all of them, he said with a bit of disgust in his voice: „I am not interested in any of you, so why don`t you go stare at something else.... like a wall?“ his seemingly irritated voice was not the loudest one, but was sharp enough to make one of the strangers nudge. Jinvan smiled to himself while glaring at the group, he was probably all talk in this life, but in his past existence he could beat them all into a bloody pulp.

It took the strangers quite a long time to respond but when they did, they were not as enthusiastic as the Vantha: „Look now boy... you owe me an ale. Since you stole from me, i should probably have you skinned alive, but since i am quite cheerful today, how `bout i just let you buy me and my brothers here a round and we call it even?“ the fat one smiled as he knew he had the upper hand. Quickly counting up the odds, Jinvan used his eyes to inspect all of them, between the three only the leader was armed and he had something that looked like a dagger in his hand, the fat one also seemed to have been through quite a lot of fights as he had many scars on both his face and the naked part of his arms. Thinking further about the other two he understood his chance, the one in charge might have been a tough opponent, but the other two guys were as green as they come. He thought of his place a bit more, but even without any skill in this life, he was never a submissive person nor will he ever be. Getting both of his fists together, and preparing for an attack, he started speaking in a calm, almost desperate voice: „I guess i do owe you...“ there his voice trailed off as he quickly threw two punches one after the other at the center figure, making one fist slightly graze the man`s cheek as he tried to move out of the way, but the other one was not a miss, or so Jinvan believed as the fat man was now twitching on the floor cursing in some language the Vantha did not quite understand. Yep, the good old crotch, it was always the best target and usually the least deffended one. Thinking about how to continue this show without needing too much skill he quickly nudged his body a bit to make the other two gain some distance on him, then he quickly crouched picking out the dagger like thing and pointing it to the throat of the fallen man keeping one leg on his head as he wanted to make sure he does not cut the twitching idiot by accident. „Come now, buy me and my friend some wine or i might just have some carving up to do“ he said those words with both a playfull tone and a playfull face as he nodded his head a bit pointing at the Shy`ban and wiggling the night next to the fallen one`s neck just to leave a frightening impression. It did not take the other two long to understand the situation the position they were in as the one that Jinvan thought was younger spoke: „Sir i really am sorry.. my brother must have mistook you for some ale stealing trash, you have my apologies...“ but there he was cut off as his irritated opponent spoke: „ I did not ask for apologies, i asked for wine. Oh, and one more thing, just for the record, your past sentence just made me look like a piece of trash as i indeed did steal the ale, remember your place in situations like this boy...“ The strong Vantha voice trailed off as he was still pointing the sharp object towards the fatie`s throat. Shy`ban was seemingly well entertained by the whole event as he was still where he was standing a moment ago, just staring at Jinvan and doing what the man thought was smiling, but one could not be entirely sure. „Come over here, it`s no fun if i do it by myself, i still do need a wingman only the job has changed“ the words were pointed at his new found Ethaefal so far friendly acquintance. „Now all formalities aside, what is your name idiot?“ he spoke in what seemed a soft tone as he looked down onto his prey. „Grr...Gr...Grom“ the human`s voice was shaking, what a pathetic creature he was. „You know Grom, usually i would mock you for such a strange name, but i think it perfectly suits a lesser creature like you. The man who beat you here, his name is, my name is Jinvan Skyglow of the Icewatch, don`t you ever forget it if we cross paths again“the calm voice was now a bit rash as ego pushed the Vantha further into the joy of battle, no matter how small or how meaningless.Turning his head a bit without losing focus Jinvan spoke quietly: „A night to remember or what, ain`t it buddy?“ even though he did not have a skill that would make him one, he still had a mind of a skilled warrior, and his nature did not let him get careless over such mundane things.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on October 27th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Shy'ban nodded after all the fray had finished. He looked at Grom the poor fool was scared. Then he looked to Jinvan. "This does make it memorable." Then he looked at the human. "Grom is it?" Then a slight pause. "Hmmm...bad upbringing breeds bad seeds, in higher society one would weed out the bad." One could notice that Shy'ban had two Lakan one in each hand even if he was talking casual, they way he held them was like a duck swimming in water, natural. Obviously this wasn't his first time using them. "However...there is something to be said for mercy." Then he looked to Jinvan. "Think you scared this poor fool enough? Certainly he would not be foolish enough to try a second attempt...over ale of all things." Shy'ban shook his head. "Well it's up do you my friend, however I think I would have preferred women to blood." Shy'ban said sheathing his Lake in an almost absent minded fashion. Then he let the situation play out how Jinvan thought.
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Character sheet

Next