Completed Syllania's Scrolls and Tomes (The Bizarre)

The Lonely Gentleman requires a book or two to keep him company!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Syllania's Scrolls and Tomes (The Bizarre)

Postby Vard Briar on August 16th, 2014, 5:34 am

Timestamp: 43rd of Summer, 514 AV, 11th Bell

The pale, long-limbed figure did his best to be inconspicuous. In such a busy and out-of-control place such as The Bizarre, this proved to be challenging. Still, amid all the haggling and bartering Vard managed to find what he was looking for. The woman at the stall he'd arrived at had skin as leathery as the backs of the tomes she was selling. Piles of volumes, books and scrolls were piled on her counter. "Welcome stranger, Sylliana will sell you all the paperbound material you desire." That definitely unsettled Vard, when she spoke in third person as though she wasn't really herself. He perused her wares and his face fell at the poor quality of the books. Even those in the best shape were dog-eared and had cracked spines. He began to walk away, and look if he could, for another seller of bound volumes.

"Wait! Sylliana will give you a deal!" Vard stopped midstep and looked over his shoulders. Sylliana it seemed had deemed him a worthy patron. The old woman was pulling out a hidden stash of good quality books. A selection of three in particular struck him as appealing. The first two were smaller, bound in plain brown leather and they looked like he could easily fit one in the pocket of his breeches if he was persistant. The third however, really set the gleam in his eye. It was a heavy, black leather tome that was as big as his head. A beautifully made wolf design adorned the cover and when Vard flipped through the thick vellum, he knew he'd found a gem. "I'll take this one and one of those smaller books please." The old lady cackled, "20 Gold Mizas."

Vard didn't let his outrage show, he had figured that the enterprising vendor would start at the highest price. All about him, people haggled to the last copper. Personally, he hoped that his negotiation wouldn't take more than a few chimes at most. Starlight needed him. "10 Gold." She countered, and then he made another offer. This went on for more chimes than he would have liked but finally, the old woman buckled. "Last offer, I'll give you the big one for 7 and the small for 5." A small stab of pity hit Vard at her wounded look but then he remembered the past quarter bell. "I'll take it." He said decisively, and they made the exchange. He confirmed his suspicion as when he left, Sylliana pulled out a dusty pile of atlases and began to peddle them as proudly as the good quality books he know cradled.

Shaking his head, Vard continued on towards the Bizarre's exit. Quite more reasonably, he came across a magical-looking fellow who sold him some mundane bottles of ink and a quill for a fair price. He had a spring in his step, as he skipped out the Bizarre arms full of scholarly materials.

Receipt :
2 good quality books 12 Gold Mizas
1 Quill 5 Copper Mizas
2 Bottles of Ink (1 oz.) 2 Gold Mizas
Total 14 Gold Mizas and 5 Copper Mizas

Vard Briar
Gentleman Spider

Words: 60378
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Syllania's Scrolls and Tomes (The Bizarre)

Postby Marionette on September 9th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Let the illusions guide you...

Player: Vard Briar

XP: Negotiation +1

Lores
✦ Haggling For A Lower Price
✦ Location: The Bizarre

Loot: It would be great if you were a bit more descriptive in what kinds of books they were. Or, of course, I can just tell you what they are. Let me know what you prefer.

Obviously the amount in your receipt and the two books are now yours.

Notes: Short & sweet. If you have any comments or questions about your grade, let me know.

Marionette
Retired Staff

Words: 35074
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2014, 5:02 am
Race: Staff account
Office