A thief in the night (Chesh)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Yuralria on November 24th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Yura woke slowly, she had no idea where she was or how she got there, in fact, the whole previous night was a blank. She vaguely remembered a plan involving the tavern, but that was all she could dredge up. She stirred slightly, not quite able to open her eyes yet. Her head hurt. Alot. What the heck did I do to myself? She thought.

It was quite some time before she finally opened her eyes. She was assaulted by the brightness of the light in her room. There weren't many places in Avanthal where this much light could be found indoors. She figured she must be in the healing center. Not being used to injury, she panicked. She sat up rather quickly, which was a mistake "WhatthepetchamIdoing....Ughh" Yuralria finished her incomplete sentence with a groan and the collapsed back onto the bed. She slowly opened her eyes back up, and looked around the room. Her eyes met those of a member of the nightwatch. Jaerith if she was not mistaken. I must've done something stupid if a member of the Icewatch is waiting here. Well, If anyone know what's going on, it'll be him She steeled her self to speak, hoping she wouldn't sound scared. "Wh-what am I d-doing here?" Yura stuttered. Damn, that was a failure
Yuralria
Are you fire? Are you fury?

Words: 28952
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on November 29th, 2010, 4:53 am

Although Jaerith did not want to admit it he was worried about the young girl. He knew he should have been more hard on the girl but he could not get himself to feel ill will toward her. In his mind all kids could be taught to be good and those who could not could get the rebel beat out of them in Icewatch. There was no room in the city for trouble. Queen Morwen did not need it. He felt that his girl had potential though. She could be swayed into joining Icewatch with a good role model to guide her. He would be that role model if needed. He could do anything for the betterment of Avanthal and Icewatch.

The girl woke up with a start and looked around her. She seemed somewhat familiar with her surroundings which meant she did not have mental damage. That was a step in the right direction. She did ask why she was at the healing center though. Jaerith looked at her skeptically. "You do not remember? Maybe it was that terrible bump you got on your head. You were attempting to steal from the tavern young lady. That is a pretty lofty offence." He did not want to scare the girl to badly right as she woke up but it was his job to keep the city safe. "What is your name and hold? You do know your parents will have to be notified. Icewatch does not think to kindly of thieves. Especially ones who knock a man out cold on the front steps of his place of work!" Jaerith would not get into trying to convert the girl to Icewatch yet. A few more chimes of friendly convorsation would do both parties well.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Yuralria on December 9th, 2010, 3:49 am

Yura still had no idea at all what she had done, so she decided to humor the man with his small talk. "My name is Yuralria Whitevi... Oh petch" She muttered as everything she did came flooding back. Well. Almost everything. "is he alright? What's-his-name? The cute boy?" She very distinctly remembered hitting him very hard with the pommel of one of her blades, which, she was pleased to see had not been confiscated. She also remembered Taking some money from the till, but she decided not to bring that up. After that it was all a blank. She groaned slightly as her head throbbed from thinking too hard.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on December 13th, 2010, 8:34 pm

"The boy is fine. His name is Rayvoris. You knocked him out quite well young lady! Good thing that boy did not have a lot of brains our you would have knocked them out." Rayvoris was known throughout the city to be a little on the dim side. He was a handsome man but that fact was the only factor he had going for him. "I do not think he will be accepting any dates from you anytime soon though. With a strength like that you should consider Icewatch." Jaerith knew it was a stretch to ask the girl to consider it but he was going to take it. He would do anything to keep trouble makers off the streets. "Would you consider Icewatch? It truly is a wonderful thing to consider. You would not need to steal anymore either."

A Whitevine walked into the room and nodded to Jaerith. "One moment sir, I just need to check her head" The Whitevine was a young man in his early twenties. His eyes were a cloudy purple which matched the shine of his hair. He placed a hand behind Yuralia's head and pressed down on where she hit her head. "Does this hurt?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Yuralria on December 18th, 2010, 5:37 am

Yuralria was relieved that the bartender was relatively unharmed, he really was cute, and she almost felt bad for deceiving him. Then again, he was dumb enough to listen to the wind. A healer walked in the room before she could give a reply to the insane suggestion Jaerith had. One moment sir, I just need to check her head He pressed down on the spot where she supposed she had smacked her head, and asked if it hurt. Was he really that stupid? Yura chose to voice her opinions. "Are you a petching idiot? What the petch do you think, of course it..." She then remembered that she was in the presence of a member of the Icewatch, and he probably wouldn't be happy if she went off the handle on the doctor. After a brief pause, she continued her sentence. "Hurts.. Apparently I hit my head off a crate, why wouldn't it hurt?" She blushed slightly, though she couldn't figure out why. Was she embarrassed that she showed weakness in front of Jaerith? or because she swore after being offered a position in Nightwatch, and she was actually considering it? The thinking made her head hurt, so she decided to consider it a little more slowly.

Could she really make it in Nightwatch? She already knew the patrols like the back of her hand, and she was a decent fighter, though she could improve. She really would like to work on her rather unorthodox fighting style, and Nightwatch would give her able sparring partners to do so. Was she really considering this? Had the fall knocked her loopy? No, She was sane, but this time she had been shaken. she had gone too far. She would take the opportunity. She was careful not to show it on her face, or in her eyes, as she came to her decision, she didn't want to give Jaerith the satisfaction, at least not immediately. He could work for it.
Last edited by Yuralria on January 13th, 2011, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on December 28th, 2010, 6:12 am

The poor healer had no idea what he was in for when he stepped into Yuralria's room. He pulled his hands back when she hissed at him after he checked her head. "i'm sorry miss! Just following procedure!" It was very clear that the man was new to healing and was a bit scared of the girl. Jaerith chuckled and his eyes turned a deep blue. "Don't be too scared of her. She is more bark than bite even if her bite is a bit loud." The healer nodded slowly and placed a hand on the back of Yuralria's head. He was a but tentitve in fear that the girl might yell at him again. He pressed lightly against her head and muttered a few words in Vani. Within a chime a faint opal light could be seen glowing under his sleeve. He was attempting to heal Yuralria although his mind was a bit clouded with fear that the girl might hit him. "You are not going to hurt him are you? He seems a bit scared that you will." Jaerith chuckled and looked at Yuralira. "I'm sure he could heal you better if he had faith you were not going to turn around and smack him." The healer gave him a thankful glance and Jaerith changed his glance to the girl. "Also, I do not think you answered my question. How does Icewatch sound to you?" While Jaerith was talking to Yuralira the healer attempted yet again to lessen the pain on her head. He began to mutter in Vani once again and this time he felt his gnosis working it's way to the girl's head. When he was done he stepped back and looked at Jaerith for support. "How do you feel now miss? Does your head feel a bit better?" He was a bit worried that if it was not the girl might get angry. "It's okay, she will not flip out on you. At least she better not." Jaerith shot Yuralria a playful glare and then nodded to the healer. "You can leave now." He nodded and rushed out of the room mumbling "I'm never working in this room ever again...". Jaerith smiled as the guy left and then sat down next to the girl's bed. "I wish I could scare people like that. See, you are cut out for Icewatch. What do you think?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Yuralria on January 5th, 2011, 8:02 am

The pain in her head now gone, Yura could think a little clearer. She was slightly surprised that what sounded like foolish muttering could do so much. She was also surprised at how insistent Jaerith was on her joining Icewatch. Truth be told, she would probably love it, apart from the cold. She didn't have the protection of one of Morwen's marks to ward off the chill winds. She wondered inwardly if Jaerith had deduced that she was a Stormwarden. Not that it mattered. That particular ability wasn't of much help. She didn't know much about it. Unlike most Stormwardens, she had never heard from Zulrav, though she would like to. She snapped out of her thoughts. "Let me get this straight, you're gonna let someone you know nothing about join Icewatch? Unless notice of my other escapades had reached you, in which case you would be even less likely to extend the invite." Yuralria briefly reflected on some of her past criminal activity, She had rarely been caught, but she still held a rather poor reputation. "Anyway, regardless of my doubts, it would provide an excellent opportunity to train with people who can actually fight. If I were to accept your offer, what would happen?" She smiled to herself, she was just toying with Jaerith by asking the questions. She had already made up her mind. Icewatch would be how she connected herself with people who knew about her past. Morwen had to know something, and if not her, she would have to find out how she could converse with the god who left her with the mark on her back, Zulrav. What better way to connect than by joining the Icewatch?
Last edited by Yuralria on January 13th, 2011, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on January 12th, 2011, 10:08 pm

OOCSorry for editing your post. It was just a simple error with your coding and it was messing up the thread. All fixed now though :)
The girl would not go down with a fight, at least a verbal one. Jaerith liked that. He found it a very admirable trait, especially for someone in Icewatch. In his opinion the watch did not need any more people who scared easily or ran from the big issues that faced them. There were not many people like that in Icewatch but those who were like that were not well liked by Jaerith. He folded his hands and smiled at Yuralria. "Well if I can get you to stop beating up our citizens and fight for them instead I will not have to worry about not knowing you right? I assure you after Icewatch is done training you we will be very well acquainted. I am quite active in the overseeing of the younger members of Icewatch. Call it a… father-like duty if you will." Jaerith had always dreamed of children. Of course those children would be destined to join the watch under their father's loving watch. He did not have time to court women though. His heart belonged to his home and for now his children would have to be the younger members of Icewatch. "If you accept then you will report to the Icewatch Barracks when the next recruitment comes around. You will go on the recruitment quest, in lack of a better word and if you pass said quest you are admitted into the ranks. I imagine the recruitment should be starting soon. I can put int a good word for you if you like. Of course that would mean no more stealing or hitting handsome men over the head." Jaerith chuckled and looked at Yuralria, his eyes shifting to a light green. "What do you say?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Yuralria on January 13th, 2011, 3:29 am

OOCStupid closing frame tags were backwards. Fail.
Yura's eyes shifted to an unusual purple as she considered Jaerith's words. She was sure she could do well with the recruitment quest, she was a better fighter then most of the people in the city. Her eyes shifted to a bright green as her excitement rose. "You've got yourself a deal, if Morwen will accept a Stormwarden." Yura said confidently, the prospect of a real challenge increasing her level of enthusiasm. "I think it's about time I get in shape" Yura stated purposefully "May I leave yet?" She inquired of Jaerith, sitting up on the cot.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on January 16th, 2011, 12:29 am

A Stormwarden? Jaerith smiled at the words and his eyes turned a bright blue. "A Stormwarden? Well I guess I have just been lucky to happen upon you! Of course she would! You are a Vantha, I can see it in your eyes although you do seem to have a little bit of another race's blood." Jaerith looked at Yuralria for a moment trying to figure out the other half of her mystery blood. "Regardless, I'm sure you would be welcome. If I was in Jedara's place I would jump at the chance to have to join our ranks." Jaerith held his tongue so he would not talk the young girl's ear off with what he saw as the joys of Icewatch.

A kind nod in Yuralria's direction was enough to dismiss her. "If you feel up to it go right ahead. I look forward to seeing you at the recruitment. It will be hard, I can tell you that much. It is worth it though. The day you meet your bondmate…" He paused and smiled at the girl. "There are no words. Let me just say you will know the feeling the day you find yourself with a bear. It is beyond words, even those as beautiful as the ones spoken in our musical Vani." Jaerith walked briskly across the room and picked up a paper on the desk adjacent from the bed. He quickly scribbled something on the paper and then looked back at Yuralria. "You have my approval to leave. If you feel well enough you may do so."
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext