A thief in the night (Chesh)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Yuralria on October 11th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Date: 12th day of Fall, 510 Av
Yuralria sat on her Cot slightly dissapointed. She had minimal amounts of money, there was nothing going on, and quite frankly she was bored. She had been playing the good girl for weeks now since her last run in with the Icewatch. She had been caught vandalizing the halls of her hold by a member of the Icewatch that was in the healing center for frostbite. Of all things, an Icewatch with frostbite. She chuckled inwardly. A she reminisced, an idea floated into her head. She had just thought of something to entertain her.

There was a slight chill in the air as Yuralria walked purposefully towards a window of the Crystal Cavern. As much as she loved causing trouble, this particular foray across the line could dig a really deep hole. She glanced quickly around for the Icewatch. There shouldn't be any one going past here on rounds right now, but she didn't want to take chances. Seeing no one, she peeked into the window. The tavern was fairly deserted, with a few people left at this late hour still nursing their pints. The bartender was a male tonight, she might have lucked out. She had decided that she was going to find out just how stupid men could be. She whispered a few words to a gentle but comedic breeze. If the bartender fell for the ruse and listened the the wind she would have a blast tonight. She instructed the breeze to drift over to the bartender and whisper into his ear, and the wind acquiesced, blowing gently over to the bartender.

"Come outside, It'll be worth your while" It said suggestivley to the bartender.

As the wind floated between the cracks in the windowsill, Yuralria went through her plan once again in her head. She had to hope she didn't get a gay bartender. Even if she did, she just had to get him close to knock him on the head. this was going to be fun.
Last edited by Yuralria on October 7th, 2011, 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yuralria
Are you fire? Are you fury?

Words: 28952
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on October 13th, 2010, 10:39 pm

The Crystal Cavern was empty to say the least. There were a few stragglers mulling about but for the most part the tavern was silent and dead. Rayoris sighed and looked out the window. "This is the one bad thing about working at the Tavern, these stupid slow days." To pass some time he made himself a drink. It was not too fancy, he did not want to have too much taken out of his pay. As he drank he thought about the real reason he worked at the Tavern, the girls. There was nothing the man loved more than flirting with the women.

After a few more chimes of boredom Rayoris heard a sound, a voice to be exact. Was he imagining it? He couldn't be. He listened to the voice, it was a woman. "Come outside and it will be worth your while." She didn't have to tell him twice! He looked around the city quickly to see if anyone would see him sneak out and then headed to the door. Once outside he saw a girl, she had to be the one calling for him. He walked up to her and ran his fingers through his thick dark hair. "Hey girl, you were calling?" He gave her a big smile. He was sure with this gesture she would be putty in his hands. At least that is how it always went with girls. Why should this time be an different?
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Yuralria on October 14th, 2010, 1:36 am

Yuralria smirked as she saw the bartender walk away towards the door. This might actually work out. She pulled away from the window as the bartender walked out the door. He ran his fingers through his hair and put a big, stupid smile on his face as he walked up to her. Was he really flirting with her? Haha, this was her lucky night. She but on her best flirty smirk. He really was kinda cute.

"Certainly was" she answered slyly. She drew close to his face, standing on her tip toes. "Are you getting bored at the counter?"

It really was a shame that she would have risk hurting his pretty face, she thought to herself. Were she not already dead-set on causing a few problems, and were he just a little more persuasive, she might've been swayed from her original plans. As it was, she found it really hard not to lose focus.

"My name is Yuralria" she finished, still keeping hold of her smile. Her left hand slid around to her backside, close to where the hilt of her sword was. Sometimes, she was glad she was left handed, no one really expected an attack to start from the left.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on October 16th, 2010, 4:11 pm

The girl was a bit young for Rayvoris but he flirted with her just the same. Anything was better than staying cooped up in the Tavern all day. "More bored than you could ever imagine." He thought back to the empty tavern and sighed. Slow days like these were going to be the death of him some day. He had far too short of an attention span.

"Nice to meet you Yuralira. I'm Rayvoris." He smiled at her and hugged his coat closer around him. "Would you like to come inside? I could get you a drink or two, maybe even some food." Although Rayvoris liked the cold, it was a bit chilly that day. He noticed the girl had a devious look to her. He found it a bit interesting. Besides, a girl as young as her could not be too bad, could she?
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Yuralria on October 16th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Wow, he really is eating this up. Thought Yuralria as the conversation continued. This was shaping up to be rather fun. Yuraria watched as he tugged his coat in. "I'd like that" She replied. She ran a finger across his jawline and started walking to the door, careful to step behind Rayvoris. As she stepped around him she glanced quickly around for the Icewatch again, then looked casually up towards the moon. There would be a patrol coming soon, she had to hurry. Act now or not at all, She hoped she wouldn't regret this. When she was in position, She drew her dao and, turning, brought the pommel sharply towards the back of his head. She hoped She wouldn't leave too much of a mark.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on October 20th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Rayvoris smiled as he turned to lead the girl into the tavern. He had been warned by the more experienced people of the Tavern never to let shady people in for free meals, no matter their age or gender. He knew he would get in trouble if any mayhem ensued but once again the thought came to him. "What is the worst a little sixteen year old gonna do? He had heard the horror stories. You let a sultry lady in, next thing you know the tavern is in shambles. That wouldn't happen though. The girl was young and seemingly unarmed. If anything bad went down he could take her. Suddenly pain spread through the back of his head. He had been wrong, the girl was exactly as he was warned she would be. He had been naive and now he was paying for it. The girl would have to hurry though. Icewatch was always patrolling and it was just a matter of time before someone found Rayvoris' passed out body outside the tavern. If it was not a member of Icewatch that found him someone in the city would and then it would be just a few chimes before Icewatch got wind of it.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Yuralria on October 26th, 2010, 3:23 am

Yuralria grinned as Rayvoris fell to the ground. She bent down and kissed him on the forehead "What a pity. Would've been a great night" She strode purposefully through the door of the tavern, making for the bar. The tavern only had a few people, and the majority of them were too wrapped up in their mugs to notice someone behind the bar who shouldn't be there. She grabbed a handful of Mizas from the cash box as she passed, stuffing them into her pockets, then opened the door to the cellar. Walking down a short flight of steps there was a noticeable change in temperature. The air was slightly cooler in the basement then up above. There was no fire to heat down here. IT was fairly expansive, with several large barrels of ale, and racks of harder stuff, and also alot of food goods that wouldn't fit up in the kitchen. She grabbed a few bottles of liquor and dropped them into deep pockets she had cut in her cloak. It was thick enough to hide most bulges. She also grabbed a mug and filled it with some nice summer ale from one of the barrels, taking a hearty swig. She was going to have some fun. And with that, she took one of her swords out and stabbed it into one of the barrels.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on November 2nd, 2010, 4:48 pm

A walk around Avanthal always did Jaerith good. It was fresh air, cool breezes and… well there was not a lot of sunshine. He enjoyed the more shady look of his city though. He had grown up here so it was only natural that he had grown accustomed to the more dark lighting. Avanthal was an easy place to get accustomed to, that is if you did not have an issue with freezing cold temperatures. Luckily, Jaerith's gnosis kept him content in the biting cold of the north.

Walks through Avanthal were rarely too exciting. Not that they were boring, just not too dramatic. Jaerith was proud of Icewatch for keeping the city safe and free of the majority of crime. Although he helped it to be that way. He was a city guard for Icewatch and he patrolled the city daily for any miscreants starting trouble. He had caught a good number of misdoers since he signed up for his position and he was on the prowl for more.

On his walk Jaerith decided to pass by the tavern. He knew Ykala quite well and knew how to get a drink or two from the woman. To his surprise he found Rayvoris passed out on the front steps of the tavern. He gave him a swift kick to his side and watched as is eyes shot open and filled with a striking color of yellow. The man groaned as he rolled over and looked up at Jaerith. "What in Morwen's name happened to you?" Jaerith's eyes were a threatening shade of purple. He was not usually this quick to anger but he found great dishonor in passing out, even more on the front steps of the place one works at. Rayvoris looked up at the man and rubbed the back of his head. "It was this young girl! She came over and must have knocked me out! Oh Morwen, if she took anything from the Tavern I'm going to be out of a job!" Rayvoris dashed into the tavern with Jaerith following in his tracks. When the two got to the bar they saw it was void of Mizas. This was surely a problem, even more so because no one had been around to see it.

The two Vantha stood in the tavern looking for any clue to where the girl might have gone. Then an open door caught Jaerith's eye. He knew Ykala never left the door open. He shot a look at Rayvoris and started to walk toward the door. He started to descend the stairs as quietly as possible. When he got down to the storage room he saw a girl rummaging through the drinks. "Excuse me miss. I do not believe these drinks belong to you." He spoke in a low and calm tone. He did not want to scare the girl. She seemed to be a bit young. Young enough to try and veer over to the correct path. "Put back the drinks and the mizas you stole and we will not have any issues okay?'
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Yuralria on November 2nd, 2010, 11:34 pm

"Put back the drinks and the mizas you stole and we will not have any issues okay?' Shoot. Icewatch. Yura tried her hardest to come up with an escape plan but her clouded mind couldn't come up with anything more brilliant then "run". Yura's head spun as she turned around way too fast, her eyes shifting between green, violet and blue seemingly at random as her mind tried to keep up with what was happening.

" But Mr. Icewatch man, I don't wanna come quietly."Said Aria. Or at least so she thought. She staggered a bit, and attempted to run. She was going to shove past- And that's where her thoughts stopped. Yura's clumsy, drunken foot caught the edge of a shelf. and she came tumbling to the ground, knocking her head against a wooden box before she hit the ground. What a way for a dancer to get caught thought Yura as she slipped out of consciousness, a slight trickle of blood oozing from just above her hairline. the wood had broken skin, but only just barley. Night night thought Yuralria. Or she might have said it, she wasn't sure.
Last edited by Yuralria on January 13th, 2011, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Cheshire on November 8th, 2010, 10:19 pm

There was no honor in fighting a young woman. At least that is how Jaerith saw it. He did not want to fight this young lady. Sadly, duty was duty and he prepared to take her down if needed. "I'm sorry miss. I'm afraid you do not have a choice in the matter. If you choose to live in Morwen's fair city of Avanthal you must abide by the rules. One of the more prominent, no stealing." He felt his body get ready to stop the girl as she made a move but she slipped. She was too young to handle her liquor and it got the best of her young body. He frowned as she fell. He hated to see a young girl bleed.

It was now evident that the girl was passed out. Jaerith was not sure what to do with her. should he bring her to the barracks until she came to or take her to the healing center? There was also the question of what hold she was from and what her name was. He finally decided to take her to the healing center. Some one there would have to know her. The Whitevine hold did a fabulous job of keeping track of citizens and their information. He sighed and knelt down to pick her up. She was not safe from the consequences of her actions. Sadly those would have to wait until she was conscious.

The walk to the healing center did not take too long. Jaerith did get a few wondering looks from the people who he passed on the path to the healing center. He just nodded kindly and continued to walk. There was not much to say nor did he think he needed to explain himself to anyone.

Once at the healing center Jaerith got the girl into a room quite quickly. The wonders of having a member of Icewatch looking out for you. He waited in her room for her to wake up. He still needed to figure out how to punish this girl. It was a shame he would have to deliver the news right after she had gotten hurt.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Next