[The Great Library] Sometimes One Must Research

[Thomas Cosa, Lenore] Researching Brings Like Minds Together...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Switch on September 3rd, 2014, 3:46 pm

Sometimes One Must Research

5th of Fall 514

Switch had found himself with some time to spare, most of his summer was spent kicking around ideas for his golem and that petching witness golem he wanted to tear apart. The soap was beginning to flake and he was afraid that if he didn't finish it soon he was going to have to replace the soap and that was a petching annoyance. Instead of finding himself staring at the Witness Golem's backside though, the pycon instead decided that using this time to do some research: the mysterious wire that ran the distance between the golems was intriguing, but really what he wanted to know was how the golems functioned and how one could tap into their potential information stores.

Seeing as the pycon had yet to crack the golem open he had no clue what was encased and what they entailed, so research made itself ugly entity known and that meant Switch needed to persue the library's detailed archives. And that's where Switch found himself currently, staring at the spines of the vast numbers of books. Chimes and Bells have already passed since he started, and he was only at the letters 'AB' Gods there has to be a faster way to handle this search. Yet Switch didn't want to alert the Nuits to his insidious plans for their pet toys, so he needed to do the search manually. Luckily for him, clay didn't hold any deteriorating properties therefore he had no need for the Library Golems.

Besides, using their golems will only give them more information to use against me. I was already caught once by a Nuit and his petching pet ghost, won't let the lifeless bags of flesh get more from me. So he grumbled and rumbled as he continued his search, knowing full well that his search was being recorded by some golem or another.
Switch
Player

Words: 60112
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 7:33 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Cosa on September 15th, 2014, 1:38 am

Thomas ambled throughout the Great Library lazily. His every step echoed lightly, more of a whisper, against the cold centuries old marble. Orbs of magically crafted light stood at every interval, casting shadows underneath the tall shelves, obscuring titles of thousands upon thousands of books.

Thomas sighed, wondering if it was even worth it. Once he'd suspected that any and all of the secrets he'd ever wanted could be found within the maze of books. He still supposed that to be mostly true. He really only wondered about magic after all, it was only know that he needed something so mundane.

"And nothing about boats or winds or sailing or anything, Stranger? Does the Great Library hold anything besides magic?" He'd imagine Alahean would've had need for something along the lines of a navy. But then again, they had lost -- or were losing the war.

"Again, Master Cosa, I have no knowledge regarding the contents of the Great Library. Considering Sahova's reputation as a magical research facility, there is a very high probability that magic is the only topic learned here."

"But I've seen books on gadgeteering. And on math, as well. Why are these two topics covered, but other mundane topics are skipped over?"

"Gadgeteeering and math are considered paramagics. Helpful especially to animators. It is logical that the paramagics are represented in the library. It would perhaps be best to ask a library golem for further aid. My knowledge concerning the contents is extremely limited."

Thomas breathed deeply, pushing his head gently against the corner of a shelf. He was living and therefore, at least considering to the library golems, nonexistent.

"Maybe something on glyphing. I'm already here, so...," He shrugged to himself as he grabbed two books, and begin heading to the tables.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2