Closed [The Bronze Woods] Another run in with the Knights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] Another run in with the Knights

Postby Suresslynn on September 6th, 2014, 3:50 am

Suresslynn grinned slightly as Garland admitted to not knowing anything about herbalism, then looked back at her horse over her shoulder when Garland made a joke about her horse being a good conversationalist. "Well, he's not a bad conversationalist. He's a pretty quiet sort, after all. Good listener." she said dryly as he joined her. "Anyway, I can teach a little bit, though I don't know that much about herbs myself. But there is one thing you should know." she said, pointing at an herb with purple hood shaped flowers and leaves with white undersides. "That's Acson, and whatever you do, don't touch it with your bare hands. It'll leave you with a rash, and you'll need treatment if you eat the stuff while it's fresh. It's a good cure for some animal poisons after it's dried." she said, waiting until Garland had gotten a good look at the plant before pulling on her gloves.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 6th, 2014, 3:56 am

Garland was already wearing gauntlets. "Oh. That might be useful." He picked up the flower with his covered hand. "Hmmm... What type of poison does it stop?" He looked at another flower, and curiously poked it. "What would happen if you did eat this Acson stuff?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Suresslynn on September 6th, 2014, 4:14 am

Suresslynn looked at Garland as he picked it up, then shrugged slightly at his first question. "I'm not entirely sure. Animal poisons, I think. Maybe bees? I've heard it tastes like shyke though." she said. At his second question, the Dhani grinned slightly. "It'll make you really sick, bad vomiting and everything." she said, looking around for more of the flower.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 6th, 2014, 6:22 am

Garland smiled and looked at his companion. "Should I collect some of this? or not?" He asked, seeing something move in the bushes. He didn't say anything because it could have been just a small animal, venturing a bit too close to them.

The forest was unusually silent though. Though it could just be his imagination. He hasn't been to the Bronze Woods in a long time. The air was getting chilly though and he wished he wore his jacket under his armor.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on September 7th, 2014, 3:39 am

Suresslynn looked up at Garland when he asked if he should collect the stuff, then walked back. "Here, let me see it...if the stuff isn't ready for harvest then it's not any good to us or the shop." she said, looking the plant over, though she wasn't entirely certain whether or not it was good for harvest. "Mmm...might as well take it." she said, before suddenly looking around as she noticed something. "The woods are quiet...I've never heard them this quiet before..." she said, looking around.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 7th, 2014, 4:36 am

oocwanna have a small Yukman attack or something?

"Yes, it is rather quiet. Let's get the plants and get out of here." He took out his sword and placed the flower in his pack. He put on his shield and bent down to pick another herb.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on September 8th, 2014, 3:51 pm

"Yeah..." she said, standing up and turning to leave just as a loud crashing noise sounded from behind them. Turning to face them, Suresslynn was suddenly slammed by a strange creature that looked like a human but was made of mud and even shorter than she was. Knocked to the ground, Suresslynn rolled away from the mudman's grasping hands and stood up. "What the petch is this thing!?" she shouted, backing away from it, though not fast enough to avoid getting another hit to the gut, which knocked her back a fair bit. Landing on her back again, Suresslynn got back to her feet and was able to avoid another attack from the mudman. "Be careful...it's way too strong. I don't doubt it could hurt you through your armor." she said, holding her ribs a second before she stood up straight, savoring the pain in her ribs as she pulled into her fighting stance.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 8th, 2014, 11:00 pm

"Its a Yukman!" He yelled and grabbed his sword and shield. He ran up and tackled the mud creature but it didn't matter, at this point. The Yukman gave a gutteral scream and punched the squire right in the face, breaking his nose in the process. garland stumbled back, but quickly recovered into a fighting stance. The Yukman pounded the ground like a monkey.

"Go back to Syliras! There might be more, I can handle them, don't worry." Garland yelled and slammed his sword against his shield to draw attention. It worked and the Yukman started screaming, probably because the sound of the shield drum was driving him crazy, and charged at Garland. The mud monster's attack were relentless as it attacked in a flurry of rage filled punches and claws.

Garland went down low, to try and get an opening, but the monster's skin was harder than he thought. There were a few gemstones sticking out of his body. He ducked and rolled to the side, readying his sword and shield. He gave a quick clumsy horizontal slash at the monster, but it dodged easily and then tackled the young knight-in-training to the ground.

This must be a fairly old Yukman to know so much about fighting. The Yukman sat down on Garland's chest and proceeded to smash the squires head in, but Garland covered his face just before the Yukman attacked and blocked most of the damage. Garland was wrapping his brain around plans or ideas, dirt to the eyes won't work, its made of dirt! He tried pushing the thing off, but it planted its feet on the ground.

That's it! He looked down, seeing the Yukman's... Genitals, and quickly gave a strong punch to it. The Yukman fell back but quickly got back up to fight.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on September 9th, 2014, 6:44 pm

At first Suresslynn was going to do as the squire said, even going so far as to return to her horse, as she figured he probably could handle the Yukman. And then she saw that the fight was going so well for him. "Stay here." she told her horse before she charged back into the fray, shouting at the creature she now had to face. When it turned to face her and swung at her, the Dhani ducked under the blow and returned with an uppercut that managed to catch it square in the jaw...and then proceed to not really affect it in anyway. "Brilliant. One of these days I have to find a weapon of some sort that I can actually use." she said, before catching a solid blow to the chest that knocked her on her back.

Rolling to the side so that the Yukman couldn't get her pinned, the viper rolled to her feet and faced her opponent. "Well, come then, ugly. I've fought bigger and better things than you before and come out fine, I'll be able beat you." she said, grinning as the thing swung at her again and she sidestepped it's wild blow. "Not very intelligent, I see...well, I can certainly work with that." she said, grinning slightly as she ducked another wild swing and made two punches at the creatures throat. While the first one hit, the second missed as the creature stepped back before swinging at her again. This time she managed to dodge most of the blow, but it clipped her shoulder, causing a stinging sensation that she was pretty sure would swell a bit. "Well, won't that be fun." she said, grinning half madly as she swung a hook at the creatures chest, landing a solid blow before dodging another swing. "Don't know how long it'll take me to bring you down though..." she said musingly.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 9th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Sure, the Yukman wasn't smart, but it was strong, and the armor Garland was using wasn't exactly made for dodging in mind.

Garland had been lucky enough to know what a Yukman was, but not know how to fight it. "Lynn! I told you to stay back." He appreciated the help but punching it was only making it worse. He would learn to copy Suresslynn's punching style, and learn how to be more defensive. They were lucky they had to fight an aggressive one and not a more defensive Yukman, then again most Yukman are aggressive.

Garland bent down and gave a low sweep kick to try and unbalance the monster. The mudman tripped and fell, landing on the hard ground. He was about to land a coup de grace but the Yukman had copied Lynn's move earlier and rolled to the side before the squire could strike.

Garland leaned back as the Yukman tried to attack his head with wild swings and attacks. He countered with a sharp kick to the abdomen and tackled the monster to a tree, but both of them were close to each other, too close for Garland's sword but not enough for the Yukman to attack the squire.

The Yukman slammed his fist down on Garland's head, making him stumble back in a haze of pain and disorientation.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext