Closed [The Bronze Woods] Another run in with the Knights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] Another run in with the Knights

Postby Suresslynn on September 5th, 2014, 2:53 pm

5th of Fall

Suresslynn sighed as she rode into the woods. She needed to find some Acson or some Batonal so she could learn to identify them in the wild, as well as practice drying out the Batonal. In addition, she was worried about the possibility of running into the that flying lizard thing, so she was wearing the leather armor she had gotten from her mother under her coat.

Some time after she ridden into the woods, Suresslynn stopped and tied her horse up to a tree and started looking for herbs in the area. "Hmm...I think I've seen a few of these around the shop...but none I know anything about." she said, crouching down next to a strange looking plant. "Hmm...not what I'm after. Not touching it either." she said, standing back up and running a hand through her hair.
Last edited by Suresslynn on September 9th, 2014, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 5th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Garland had decided to try and practice his riding skill through the woods.

And by riding, more like holding on for dear life as the horse runs wild through the forest. He screamed as he heldon the horse's neck. The wind blew through his messy brown hair. He took the reigns and tried to slow down.

It was a very bad idea, as the horse stopped and he was sent flying through the woods and hitting a tree. The horse whinnyed as if to laugh at the squire.

"You.... Shut up..." He pushed himself up and dusted off the dirt and leaves. He noticed another horse whinny, but it sounded more like shock not laughter though. "Hello?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Suresslynn on September 5th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Suresslynn looked up at the sound of hooves, then winced as a horse launched its rider into a tree. When he stood up, she sighed and stood up, leaning against a tree. "Hello there. Looks like you have as much trouble with your horse as I do. My advice, keep him to a slow pace. It'll make it hurt less when he throws you off, if nothing else." she said, giving the man's horse a brief look before looking back at her Ekytolian bred mount. "Yours looks more suited to this region than mine though..." she said before pushing off the tree and going over to the man. "You okay?" she asked, looking him over for obvious signs of injury.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 5th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Garland popped a few joints back into place."I'm fine. I wasn't expecting to meet anyone here." He took his mount by the reigns and pulled him towards a tree. "He may be better suited but he's still a fiesty horse."

He tied his horse to a tree. He sat down next to the horse and sighed. "That was embarrassing." He gave a weak smile. "Who are you? If you don't mind me asking."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on September 5th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Suresslynn grinned slightly as the man tied his horse to a tree. "Perhaps, but so is mine, and he's bred for desert travel. Not a bad horse though, just needs some more training." she said, before giving a brief start at his question as she realized that she had never introduced herself.

"My name's Suresslynn." she said, her sibilant accent extending out the "s" sounds in her name and the rest of her speech. "So...what's your name?" she asked, her tone mildly curious as she walked back over to her horse to check his ties.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 5th, 2014, 4:56 pm

"Garland, nice to meet you ma'am." He smiled and extended his arm in a greeting. "I'm a squire, I was here to train myself how to ride. As you can see, it didn't work out."

His horse gave a low huff and stomped his hoof on the ground. "No, you will not get that carrot. Not until we get back without me flying off of you next time."

He turned his attention back to Suresslynn. "What are you doing here actually? Are you looking for something?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on September 5th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Suresslynn let out a thoughtful sound as Garland introduced himself and explained why he was there. "You know, if you give him a carrot, he might behave a little better. Maybe." she said, petting her horses neck before pushing his head away as he tried to snuffle her hair again.

When Garland asked about why she was there, the Dhani shrugged. "I'm out here looking for herbs. I'm an antidote mixer at the Stormhold Salves and I've been learning how to identify a few herbs. I came out here to practice picking them out in the wild." she said , looking around the forest floor again.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 5th, 2014, 10:07 pm

"He already ate all my apples before we got here." Garland ruffled his horse's mane. "Then he decided to run off while I was trying to get on top of him."

The horse had bit down on Garland's cloak and pulled, making him fall down and tumble. Garland gave a small scowl and got up from the ground again. "Would you need any help? I'll be happy to lend a hand."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Suresslynn on September 6th, 2014, 3:12 am

Suresslynn raised an eyebrow at Garland as he said the horse ate all his apples and then ran off before shaking her head. "I don't know what to tell you then. I've heard something about sugar cubes, but I don't really know much about that." she said, shrugging slightly.

When the squire offered to lend a hand, the Dhani shrugged and nodded before gesturing the human over. "How much to do you know about Batonal and Acson?" she asked, giving the squire a quick glance.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on September 6th, 2014, 3:17 am

"Absolutely nothing." He said matter-of-factly. He just wanted to NOT get ridden all the way across Mizahar on this crazy horse. He wanted to just let it rest and calm down.

He smiled at the Dhani, though he didn't know she was one. "I'm fine, I can help gather some up if you need to. Beside, at least you have someone to talk to while we work. Unless your horse is a better conversationalist than me."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next