It comes in Pints! [The Drunken Fish]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Shakune on November 10th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Shakune writhed in her seat, arching her back as she giggled to fully accentuate her chest after his playful comment. Strangers were her favourite type of men; there was something quite delicious about sharing the company of a male completely unfamiliar. Even a casual drink - though she usually preferred the night to end more sordidly - was more entertaining when sitting opposite a new face.

Her burrows frowned a little when he spoke next. She considered his words. It was in Shakune's blood to be a nomad. As a child, she had travelled with her family across the desert, and as a young woman she had sailed with her rag-tag group of sailors that had become her second family. It was only in the last year that she had come to a stop. Sunberth had been her final destination, though initially she had intended only to stay in the city for a season or two.

"I've always found people like yourself fascinating." She mused, looking into her half-empty tankard. Black eyes flickered back up to his face. "You say you've stayed here all your life. Don't get you bored? Haven't you ever visited another city? Syliras, even?" The prospect of spending one's entire life in on location was unnatural to the half-breed. It went against her culture, as well as her preference. "I have been here for only a year, yet I am itching to leave."

I have no ship though.

She pushed that thought out of her mind.

Returning back to her lighter, more fun self, Shakune took a swig of her ale. She chuckled. "Yes, we-" that word was accompanied by a dramatic squeezing of her forearms, pushing up her breasts so they curved temptingly out of her top. "-'ave been together for a while. From the desert. In Eyktol." She felt that this final comment was hardly needed, but Shakune had learnt that geography was not exactly the forte of the average Sunberth citizen.

She lounged in her seat, foot tapping frantically underneath the table. As ever, she was restless. "So. You thieve for a livin'. How's that?" She tilted her head in genuine curiosity.

oocBlurgh. I'm so so sorry for the horrible delays. RL, and all that!
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on December 5th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Sh'Ky winked, continuing the back-and-forth exchange of innuendo and banter. This Shakune was quite nice to have as a drinking companion. Listening to her next words, Sh'Ky spun his drink in the depths of his tankard idly. So the woman was a nomad. Travelling from place to place, her kind of folk never settled down, always on the move. He could understand their wanderlust, but not identify with it. He didn't understand what drove people to see more and more of the world, just for the hell of it.

"Well, I haven't been to any other cities, although I'd like to." Raising his eyebrows at her next statement, he looked at her seriously, saying, "Shakune. You've been here about a year, right? So let me warn you, if you stay here in the 'Berth much longer, you'll get trapped here." Looking at her seriously once more, he said, "It's good that you wish to leave. If you wanted to stay for longer, I'd be worried about you, miss Shakune." Leaning back, he winked at the woman's breasts. "Well, it's nice to meet such a 'group' from an exotic place." Leaning forward slightly, his face projected curiosity. "Tell me, I've heard stories, but I don't know anything solid. What's it like in Eyktol?" Sh'Ky had heard that the burning lands could wither a man to a shriveled husk in less than a day. It was little wonder, in 'Ky's mind, that the woman had left for more hospitable lands.

In reply to Shakune's question, he put his elbows on the table, and held his head up on top of his knuckles. "Well, I'm not that proud of thieving, although there are some who wear their profession like a badge of honor, I don't quite understand them. Taking things from others by any way possible isn't really a honorable way to live. Although I'm probably not the best one to talk about honor," he said, chuckling. "I'm not from Syliras or Zeltiva, after all." Signaling to the barmaid, he ordered a second tankard, listening to what the woman had to say.

OOCDon't worry! My delays are worse than your delays! It's fine!
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shakune on December 27th, 2014, 6:56 pm

The half-breed listened intently as her companion spoke of his desires to travel. They were not uncommon; for starters, Shakune echoed them in her own mind. She had spoken to countless other Sunberth locals who wished to oneday travel West across the lands or even Eastwards via the sea. The city was for opportunists, she felt, and by their very nature such people were quick to change and alter themselves. She smiled faintly at his concern for her, and though she tried to brush the comment off, it would be obvious she too was worried she would be stuck in Sunberth. "I have work here, y'see." She tried to explain, shrugging casually but frowning all the same, "I could move to some other city but there's nothing to ensure I'd earn anythin'. I got clients here, y'see."

Her black eyes snapped back to Sh'ky. "If you want to leave, why haven't you?" She could probably guess the answer; most people seemed to stay in Sunberth due to a lack of opportunities elsewhere or lack of money -- or a combination of both. Still, thieves were everywhere and so were rich people for them to target. "Forgive me for sayin', but it's not like you have a fixed job anywhere."

The question about Eyktol caught Shakune off guard, and she appeared to seek her answer in the bottom of her tankard. "It is hot." She began slowly, fingertips running along the top of her glass. Her memories of her homeland were fond, but for some reason she had never felt attached to the place. She expected it was because of her mixed blood, but Shakune had always thought she'd feel the same regardless of her heritage. Such disloyalty did not sit well with her, though. "I do not miss it, in truth. It's a hard life, and very different to here. Plus-" she nodded to behind her, to the door of the tavern and more accurately, to the dock that lay beyond, "I am a half-, so part of me always existed beyond the desert."

oocBloody RL and it's interruptions! :P
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on April 4th, 2015, 1:23 am

Thread Award!

Shakune:

Skills:
Socialization +1
Detection +1
Flirting +1
Interrogation +1

Lores:
‘Ky Ness: Thief
‘Ky Ness: Native of Sunberth

Sh'Ky Ness:

Skills:
Negotiation +1
Flirting +1
Observation +1
Rhetoric +1

Lores:
Shakune: A Courier
Shakune: Nomad from the Eyktol Desert
Eyktol is Hot

If you have any questions about the grade, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous