Closed we all fall down.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

we all fall down.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 12th, 2014, 11:50 am

77th of Autumn, 514 AV

Her fingers twitched in the depths of her pockets, seeking warmth as they coiled within her palms. The slave at her side, who was not Lucian, stepped away from her at the sight of tensing shoulders, and she resented him for it. She longed for Lucian's presence, his understanding that came without the spoken word, for their history bound them together and made him a slave she could think highly of. He'd been the brother her own brother should have been, and Alexander Lynint was her enemy because of Lucian.

The slave was silent, demure. From the corner of her eye, Adrienna glared at him. He was useful only for this task, and then she hoped to never see him again. Daylen, he had said his name was. She never wanted him to cross her path after this. He could return to the house, to her brother, and there would be nothing else between them.

Their task was a simple one: find the source of the Chalice, acquire it, and return home. For this reason, Adrienna was loaded with what gold she had left, tucked into the backpack slung over her shoulder, and she fidgeted with growing the need the longer it took.

It had been nearly a season since her last dose of Fizz, and she longed for more. Lucian was gone. She needed something to help her, before she was forced to move on and take upon another slave. She wanted the bliss that the infernal drug brought to her, and she was willing to deal with Rhysol himself if that was what served her purposes. Certainly a god of evil would give her what she hungered for if she promised him everything she had.

"Are we there yet?" They'd walked long enough, Adrienna felt. Kenash was not a small city, certainly, but it wasn't so large as for them to be lost. The slave nodded before stating the affirmative. Adrienna was pleased. Angry, but pleased. Lucian would have done better. "Point me to it, and then go home."

The slave complied. He lifted his hand, and it shook. "The Caged Sun," he told her. His voice was sleeker than Lucian's had been and admittedly, Adrienna was stirred in her grief and disgust.

"Leave," she demanded, and the slave backed away as if afraid of the snake's bite. He didn't run, but his retreat was swift. He'd be home within a couple bells, she was certain of it.

The Lynint continued on her way, hands burying deeper within her pockets, and she kept her head up to watch the buildings. Her eyes set upon the Caged Sun, and she was taken aback. It was more a residence than anything else, and it stood out amongst the buildings for the simplicity of it, although, as per the Lorak's instructions, it was in pristine condition. Adrienna considered it, and then she discarded any notion of confusion. She wasn't here to be curious about a building. She was here to ease grief, and cork the welling rage before it exploded and she did something as cruel as what had been done to her, and to experience just one more night of bliss within the confines of her business before the terror swept up and she was kept awake by imaginary monsters.

Fizz would be a crutch. The Chalice would save her.

Adrienna strode forward with intent, rapped quickly upon the door, and stepped within, unsure of what to expect. Behind her, the eyes of the city that she had ignored watched, before sliding away.

Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 65714
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 8:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Vice on September 14th, 2014, 5:53 am

Vibrant giggles erupted from the lips of Kiala Radacke as she looked over the bound body of one of her prettier toys. Glen spent so much of his day running the logistics of the Caged Sun and his other business ventures that flooded the location with revenue that it made the young lady feel quite neglected. Much of the time, this was satisfied by utilizing a fair number of the slaves that inhabited the Sun, and this day was no exception. The young woman was nude save for a shawl that clung to the precipitation upon her flesh, stained with it and heavier for it. It clearly accented her form, but she was by no means the only thing laden with liquid. The entire room that passed the shielded doors of her lair within the sanctum of the Caged Sun was laden with condensation, and her current toy was, in effect, pinned to the wall.

Heavy cuffs made of smooth stone shackled a lovely blonde slave to the wall, her eyes covered by a sash steeply dyed with black tones. Her legs were strewn about and clearly parted. Small cuts could be seen along the length of her inner thighs, carved from nail marks and what seemed to be teeth, but Kiala Radacke paid them no mind. The slave was spent, her breath escaping her in moans and gasps, choked by a pebble that Kiala herself had lodged into her windpipe. She called upon her Res for a final time and attracted the pebble from within the slave's throat, taking little care to be gentle, and the Radacke only heard bloodcurdling screams followed with a faint gargling before she removed her shawl and retreated from the room without a look back.

She assembled herself before turning to the Sun's attendant,

"I will need a new one waiting for me when I return. This one, take to Radjud-Dalat and be quick about it. My dear uncle will be furious if he finds that I've lost him yet another."

The attendant merely nodded as Kiala straightened her dress, a smile cast upon her features as she prepared herself for the rest of her day. Within moments she was within her residence, the doors to the Caged Sun locked behind her as she advanced and found the smell of jasmine wafting through the room, her lips parting all the wider as she entered the kitchen to find a slave preparing tea. Taking a cup, she took care to add nothing to the brew at all, taking a slow sip after seating herself within the sitting room of her modest estate. It was several chimes before she heard the doorbell ring. An uncontained curiosity cast within her as she quickly jumped from her seat, giggles escaping her lips as she mused upon what she would find behind the door.

But, when it opened, she found something far more interesting than just a surprise.

Adrienna Lynint stood before her, her breathing rather elevated, her pupils dilated. Shoulders slightly sagged and her eyes clearly spoke of a desire. Where Kiala saw the eyes of enslavement every day and reaped tremendous joy out of breaking and crushing an already crushed soul all the more, it was a different matter altogether to see a similar downcast expression upon that of a Dynasty member.

It was... delicious.

The Radacke lady opened the door wider and flashed Adrienna a smile, reaching for her hands with her own and, without a word, inviting her in.

"Ah, dear Miss Lynint. I trust that you found your way here well? I can't say that I expected you, but I can presume to know why you have arrived. The Chalice calls to you, correct?"
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 14th, 2014, 4:02 pm

The woman who opened the door was not what Adrienna had expected, locked between desire and grief as she was. For a moment, before Adrienna sealed her features of the shock, Adrienna was visibly taken aback. This was not a slave who answered the door, and that alone was a little... well, Adrienna could not actually say it was unorthodox. She'd been to other establishments very rarely, and it was very unfortunate.

Simply to build upon that was the way this woman greeted her, as if they were old friends, and it brought a curl to Adrienna's lip even as she was ushered within, brought forth by the silken fingers of the strange woman, of the proprietor of what was the Caged Sun. Having not plucked upon the branches of Kenash's vicious grapevine, Adrienna was left horribly unaware of the woman's identity, but she would soon find out.

"I don't believe we've met," she said. The tone was not unkind. She ached for the relief of Fizz's poisonous bliss, yet there was a certain level of propriety that necessitated Adrienna be familiar with the one she did business with. "Certainly a lovely lady like yourself has an equally lovely name." And that was spoken with a hint of derisive charm, a sweet insult that may bounce off the woman's skin if it were made of granite.

To resist betraying her dismay with this smiling woman and her honeyed words, Adrienna disengaged the lock of their hands. She was not a particularly affectionate woman, and she came here for business and not pleasure. Aside from that, the woman bore the wrong sex to interest carnal desire within the Lynint. She had become another means to an end, but one that held a little more status than the Freeborn masses who could serve a purpose.

Best not to start things off on a sour note.

"You know of my desire for the Chalice, then?" Her eyebrows rose at that as her hands were returned to her, and though she showed the signs of her craving, she postured herself to not let it hinder her. There was not enough coin to buy a whole Chalice, and this was in her mind. "I presume I am within the walls of the source, then."

Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Vice on September 15th, 2014, 3:17 am

"My name is Kiala Radacke."

It was such a bitter irony that it was the Dynast with the higher status knew more about people of intrigue than the person who came to the building that contained the Caged Sun. Of course, the Radacke knew the woman in front of her not by reputation, for she lacked such a thing in any solid, important way, but through rumour. Some called such rumours smut, but to Kiala, it was merely an extension of existence. Kiala was one who knew the twang and pull of the body's needs. She knew of the desire to fall into the embrace of intoxicants. And as a result, she was privy to information regarding both. Especially due to the fact that this particular woman's slave had come to her in search of the Chalice. Second-hand sourcing was rather reliable in the realm of business.

"But of course. Your slave, Lucian. He's a rather stiff, uncomfortable one, isn't he? He requested the Chalice from me and I, of course, delivered. It was only a matter of further investigation that led me to uncover so much more."

The Radacke lady produced a coy, knowing smile, a giggle escaping from her lips before she leaned in to ask,

"How was it? I've never used the Chalice as you did. It's rather... interesting, to be true. I've moved on from the Chalice, but I am more than happy to provide you with further doses."

Kiala invited Adrienna further into her home, turning the corner past the kitchen, placing the still full cup of tea upon a beautifully rendered marble counter before she turned to face Adrienna should she follow her.

"Come with me, dear Adrienna. I prefer not to remove the Chalice from its source unless a buyer is interested in purchasing an entire cup. For doses, I can easily assemble what's necessary to partake and send you on your way."

She beckoned for Adrienna to follow her, and subsequently commanded her attendant to unlock the doors to the Caged Sun.
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Office
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 16th, 2014, 4:11 am

"It is a pleasure to have your company," Adrienna offered a more genuine smile. This was better, more what could be expected. Adrienna quietly detested friendly faces with unknown names, unsure of their expectations and needs. Kiala Radacke was a useful name and she'd pen it in the comfort of her home so she could remember to have it investigated at a later date. The situation was still surreal, but it should have been expected.

Kenash had eyes and ears, it stood to reason that both would have fallen upon her when she'd taken the man to the lighthouse. A smirk pulled her lips at that notion, and she hoped that if anyone had slipped in to observe, they'd enjoyed the show while it had lasted. The smirk remained, even when she decided to keep an eye on the news that came from the Gazette. Undoubtedly, that's where it all came from.

Kiala's query about Lucian killed the smirk before it flourished into something warmer. The Lynint brat looked over the woman once, and it was not a look one cast over those considered friends, or even likeable. She didn't answer; Kiala had said all that needed to be said in regards to Lucian and his errand that day. It was surprising how swiftly interest and warmth could turn to icy cold and dislike.

"You should give it a try some day, see for yourself. It's not at all unpleasant." The topic could grow carnal in a moment, and Adrienna sensed that this would not be something Kiala would shy away from. From what could be gleaned by this woman's actions, Kiala seemed very... forward. It was likely as accurate a label as Adrienna could pin on this woman, and it was all that mattered. Forward people got to the point faster. There wouldn't need to be an overwhelming amount of pleasantries to sift through before Adrienna could be on her way. This was only the precursor to business, and she'd tolerate the woman until everything was set. "Skin feels like warm silk and breath tastes like the sweetest breeze. It's an experience you must have." Nevermind the stupidity of wandering into the dark night to escape what must have been a shadow on the wall. Kiala wouldn't need reminding of the adverse effects if she had already tried her own wares.

As Adrienna saw nothing wrong with following a fellow Dynast further into the house if it sated her desire to consume more of what her body craved. She inclined her head and followed Kiala, awaiting the slave's opening of the door, and then pursued her hostess within. Of course, her curiosity was piqued. "You have the doors locked to the establishment?" She supposed it was why she'd not heard of it often. Kiala's house made an unassuming cover for the den that Adrienna expected to find.

Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Vice on September 17th, 2014, 7:05 pm

"But, of course. The Caged Sun is not for everyone to observe. It is a sanctuary of desires and addictions that only the best of Kenash deserve to see. That can be you, dear Adrienna."

Kiala had every intention of tempting the beautiful young Lynint with the Caged Sun. Already, she was enticed with the Chalice. And Kiala assumed that one inevitably went with the other. As the metal doors of the Caged Sun opened, Kiala reached for Adrienna's hand once more and guided her inside.

Dim lighting illuminated a hallway leading into several rooms. A slave playing the lute could be seen on the other side of the entrance, and the door locked behind them as Kiala turned around and released Adrienna's hand. So proud she was of hers and Glen's creation that she was compelled to show it off to the Lynint,

"Yes, the Caged Sun is locked away, but in so many more ways than just the one. Magic permeates within this place. Magic meant to keep sound from exiting or entering the room. Each room within this paradise is a cell for pleasure, meant to deprive one of the outside world in order to simply... reap what they want. Slaves are offered or one may bring in a lover, a personal slave... Whoever they desire. But, the most alluring prizes here are the Ranuri that my dear husband acquired."

She passed the query off with a wave of her hand before she led Adrienna further down the hallway,

"And of course, what you came here for. I have used two adjoining 'cells' and removed them from circulation in order to create my... laboratory, I suppose would be the most fitting word. Part warehouse, part cultivation center, the Chalice is cultivated nearby.

Do you have any questions, Adrienna?"
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Office
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 20th, 2014, 12:37 pm

"'It can be'? Isn't it already me?" Adrienna allowed herself to adopt the tone of a jest, but she didn't exactly mean it as such. She expected Kiala to disregard such a thing and inform her that, no, it isn't. She expected it and wouldn't begrudge her saying it. Not aloud, at least.

This time, she did not withdraw from Kiala when she'd grabbed her. Even though Adrienna was repulsed by the action, this woman was her hostess. Delightfully forceful and likely delightfully easy to anger. It was not yet the time to step on her offers and turn this around. Kiala held the advantage by owning the Caged Sun and by knowing her business intimately, as well as finding the buttons to press to infect Adrienna with curiosity. And Adrienna Lynint really was curious. Irritated, anguished, and so very curious.

Ah. Magic. Like much of Mizahar, Adrienna had a conflicting view of the things that altered a soul. On one hand, magic was extremely beneficial. People could perform intense feats with it. On the other hand, magic was... well, unnatural. She regarded Kiala anew. However, she offered her the awed smile Kiala must have expected when she released Adrienna and drew her hands together in a delighted clap. There was music coming from the slave with his instrument and a dim length of hall that suggested secrecy and dark promises.

"'You have a very delightful business," Adrienna said, after a moment, murmuring. She followed her hostess, head tilted briefly as they passed a divot in the wall that could be an entrance to a room, but she saw nothing. The door was closed, and she was reminded that the one she'd just passed through had also been closed -and locked. It was briefly troubling, yet Kiala distracted from it by mentioning the source of Adrienna's vice.

"'I have no questions at the moment, but thank you," she smiled again. Adrienna was, of course, curious about the cultivation of Chalice. The Fizz was a potent drug and she could, if given the means and skill, cultivate it herself. "'You certainly do run an interesting operation, though. How does one usually gain admittance here, without pursuing a drug?"

"'It can be'? Isn't it already me?"

Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Vice on September 21st, 2014, 10:47 am

Giggles escaped the Radacke's lips when she listened to Adrienna Lynint's sheer nerve. She spoke as if she was very high, though she had no visible status in her family. She considered herself worthy of the Caged Sun, and as the time passed on, Kiala was enthralled. Curious, captivated, the young Radacke was very nearly infatuated with the delightfully attractive young Lynint that stood before her. However, it was so obvious that she did not feel the same. Though the Radacke was by no means able to read her emotions outright, Kiala knew the look and queue of those who were attracted to her.

She lived in that sphere of existence. Attraction, desire, lust. All three stirred their notes and wants within the hearts of men and women alike, and Kiala could identify queues, if only in relation to her own wanting soul. Desire was what she had and it was not reciprocated. It was... maddening.

"Of course I do. The Caged Sun is one of the jewels of Kenash. Disconnected, isolated. Frozen in a space of pure an utter ecstasy. The Caged Sun is a portal to a world that none outside of our city will ever know."

The woman's gaze was rather more severe, as if the Lynint had angered her, but she quickly, and unsuccessfully, strove to hide the expression away. Rather, she opened the locked doors to the room and with its opening, the words chained from her lips to answer Adrienna's question,

"The Chalice is but a byproduct of the Caged Sun, Adrienna. We operate on a membership basis. We attract worthy Dynasts to us, we allow them their sanctum, and in return... well, we'll keep that a secret."

The Radacke flashed Adrienna a coy wink. The two had taken several steps forward and past the doors, and once they passed, the doors were locked behind them by a slave. It was not until it was too late that Adrienna would notice that the lute had stopped playing.

"The Chalice is here."

Kiala Radacke motioned to numerous wrapped packages within the room, each encased in papyrus and neatly sealed with ribbon. The plants themselves were grown in water obviously muddled with the soils of the Kenashian swamps.

"Were you thinking of taking a chalice again? Or just doses?"
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Office
Plotnotes

we all fall down.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on November 6th, 2014, 3:40 am

Adrienna did not detect her own arrogance as she addressed the Radacke, treating the woman as if she were an equal in status, and deceiving her own self by being ignorant to any patronizing tone she may have possessed. She smiled at Kiala.

"They don't need to know, either," she murmured, responding to Kiala's need to dictate to her what the Caged Sun was. She had little curiosity to regard it more than as the gateway to what she really wanted, wrapped neatly in their packages and ready for selection. Her mouth might have watered, if she were hungry and it were food. As it was, her heart did skip a beat.

Fighting back her reaction, Adrienna cleared her throat a moment and took in other sights within the room, but the presence of the Chalice and the Fizz was a strong distraction, and thoughts of them streaked through her mind. She remembered the sensation of the other instances she would have partaken of the drug and clung to the power of the high.

It was easy to forget that a lute had been strumming as they passed by the lutist. She didn't even care for the fact that the door had been shut behind herself and Kiala. All that mattered was Fizz.

Adrienna Lynint would have been completely appalled at herself if she weren't withholding the desire from displaying too prominently, which proved to be a difficult fight.

"I seek doses," she eventually responded, when she was certain her first words wouldn't be a demand for the object of her vice. She experienced a moment of lucidity following such words, however, where she reviled herself for her desire for a narcotic. There were more healthy things to seek that would be less costly on her mental and physical health. Sex would have been preferable, and considering that she was in some form of sex dungeon pursuing a drug rather than the actual service this place was used for.

The thought was immediately discarded, however, as Adrienna's mind reasoned her choice and preference.

"What is the cost for a dose?"

Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes