Solo A Dynasty Lesson

Kreig is quized on his knowledge about the Dynasties whilst bodybuilding.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

A Dynasty Lesson

Postby Kreig Messer on September 14th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Fall 30th 514th A.V. 14th bell 8th chime

Kreig didn’t much like being inside the Traveler’s complex, nor did he much like wandering Kenash. Not that it was his current concern as he stripped himself down to his breeches and sat upon one of the chairs in the room he occupied, this room was a spare one the knights had taken over for a bit of physical workouts, with most of the furniture having moved aside to create space. The Inn keeper who ran the rest house didn’t quite mind really since the room was paid for by the knights, and if anything was damaged in the room she could just charge a fair fee for it.

Currently it was Kreig, his patron and a couple of other knights occupying it. Kreig’s patron, Sera Natasha Druva, was swininging around a heavy training sword for drills, the two others knights; a Ser Ambrose and Ser Tainely were competing with each other on who could do the most sits and pushups. Kreig himself was simply building up his arm strength as held two ten pound weights in either hand.

It was a training he was familiar with since the previous season, the purpose was simply to raise the forearm up to chest level than back down 30 times for each arm than alternate to the other, every third set he’d begin alternating between each arm. Of course, as simple as it were it was also simply tiring; There was a reason they alternated other than making sure each arm gets an equal share of exercise, they also made sure that the arms don’t tire out too quickly else they’d quickly received a painful cramp.

Nonetheless the repetitiveness had a soothing effect on Kreig, so he supposed despite the cramps it was still quite worth it as he reached 25 with his right hand on the 4th set. He had to remember to keep counting though, once you get used to lifting weights you tend to easily go over how many you had to do in the beginning. Counting how many times was easier when the arms were tired funnily enough.

Kreig….Whilst we’re strengthening ourselves allow me to ask you a few questions” Kreig groaned at this as he turned to glance at his patron, he knew what kind of questions were going to be asked since she had him read a general overview of the Dynasty Families in Kenash. As interesting as the book was, it didn’t really help to improve his image of Kenash much….. The only absolute truth he learned was that Kenash was a product of its past, the current descendants couldn’t really be faulted with their view of life and how easy slavery came to them.

Kreig nodded to his patron, knowing he had no true choice really but to answer as he switched from right to left, moving the arm up and down 5 times.

“Ask away Sera, I’ll do my best to answer”

x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on September 14th, 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Dynasty Lesson

Postby Kreig Messer on September 14th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Alright then…” She started as she swung her heavy training blade in a downward cut for about the hundredth time “ What can you tell you me about the Radacke Dynasty?” For Kreig that was an easy question, and one he appreciated because despite his misgivings about the Radacke for their brutality they were kinsman in the far off sense. As she asked her question Kreig had reached the tenth lift with his left hand and was steadily reaching the 15th when he spoke.

“Well….” He grunted”…. The Radacke are one of the leading slave trading families” Kreig then reached 20, pausing himself before continuing “ They’re also leaders of architecture in Kenash, a lot of the buildings being built by their hands I think…”

You think, or you know?

Kreig sighed as he reached the 25th, strain steadily making itself known to the brawler “Know, Sera. According to the book they’re also pretty intense in their ‘taming’ methods, actually…. For some reason they’re described as ‘highly passionate’ which, if you can pardon my rude words, means they’re petching easy to piss off” That earned him a chuckled from the other two knights in the room, with one of them stating they nearly had a diplomatic incident with one of the brats from the household. Having reached thirty and beginning the 6th set he began to alternated from arm to arm “ It also said that the founder is originally a slave from Sunberth and that the family still shows signs of their ancestral home’s ‘forceful’ personality” That had earned another chuckle from the two knights.

The author of that book must be worried they’ll bother reading the book, I bet he was afraid the family would enslave him or hang him by the entrails” Remarked Ser Tainely, Kreig had to agree with him on that really… Sunberthians weren’t really known for their patience and tolerance and the Radacke sounded like they came from an exceptionally ill-tempered stock of them.

“Well, the book states is current leader is named Mica and the man was especially ‘passionate’ gent and warns not to stir his ‘sensitive sould” Kreig spoke, unable to hold a snicker as he reached 15 on the 6th set. It was amusing how safe the author was playing it in describing the family and he was sure it was safe to guess that the family itself got a snort out of reading their own entry.

You’re doing very well so far Kreig, now what is the family’s symbol?

Kreig thought about it for a bit, he wasn’t quite sure actually “…Um….something involving a hammer?” Sera Natasha nodded, but she didn’t say anything as she awaited the brawler to finish “…..and uh…something squiggly?” he said as he reached the end of the 6th set and lowered the weights on the ground
Natasha grinned at him as she provided the answer “ A tilde Kreig, a diagonal tilde that crossed the hammer. None of the families will appreciate the ignorance of not knowing their symbols and depending on which family knowing their symbols will give us a head start in modifying our manners with them, some are as volatile as the Radacke in their own way after all

“Long and short, know your enemy?” Kreig answered as he reached for a flaggon filled with water, taking a sip from it as he allowed his arms to rest briefly.

Indeed….. and our ‘enemy’ is many houses Kreig, each with their own peculiar traits so there are many traps that we must be aware off, many of our own traits that we must suppress ‘less we find ourselves cut off from trading with Kenash and some of us with a brand upon our face

Ah, Politics! No wonder everyone hates you….

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A Dynasty Lesson

Postby Kreig Messer on September 14th, 2014, 7:54 pm

After resting for a bit Kreig lifted the weights again and began with the 7th set, raising his right hand up and down, the movements were slower this time as despite the good beginings the straing forced him to steadily to slow down. The rate was still acceptable for his current level though and the straing was nothing to complain about, so he just had to soldier on. He loved the feeling actualy, strain meant he was exuding effort after all and that meant he was already getting stronger by doing the training, he just had to make not to ignore any signs of his pain in his body that would lead to pulling a muscle or a cramp, otherwise he’d be feeling it for the next couple of days.

Now that we have one family down, it’s time to move on to another…this time lets see how much you know of the Konrath Family” Again, that family was fairly easy to memorize, particularly as the family was entirely Akalak and Konti with the rare human female or two, making them one of the few non-human Dynasties in Kenash. Kreig gave a polite grin as he reached 10 with his right arm, trying to recall what knew of that particular family and so started with the obvious.

“The Konrath are one of the Dynasties composed mostly of Akalaks and Kontis, apparently they’re all good warriors builders and farmers and what not…. Pretty blessed at whatever they do” The fact they were warriors too made Kreig interested in picking a fight with them, he couldn’t really turn away from the possibility of a fun fight especially against Akalaks ‘ Oh at least some of these families will be fun to get ‘involved’ with at least. I might not be able to mess them the normal away, but I could certainly mess with their honor somehow without getting into too much trouble’ By this time he had reached 20, sweat dripped from his forehead as the effort spent grew obvious.

“The family is led by the Akalak Lorenzo with his wifey Estratia at his side, the book describes the couple as a charismatic duo. But there really isn’t a lot about them other than that” Kreig by this time had switched to his left for the 8th set, the number of lifts reaching 7. Apparently the family’s symbol is a circular intertwining vine with thorns if the picture of it is something to go by…”

His patron nodded with approval at her Squires description of the family, impressed that he didn’t make a mistake on them “ According to the Delegation the Konrath are one of the families that the knights well get along with easier, though that does not mean they enjoy our presence. Considering the Order is a militant organization filled with honorable warriors they themselves can allow us a measure of respect

So far we don’t mess with their lifestyle I imagine, well at least there is one family we can tolerate and vice versa…

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A Dynasty Lesson

Postby Kreig Messer on September 14th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Kreig was rather pleased with himself, especially since he had impressed his patron. By now he had reached 25 with his left. The strain was becoming more and more apparent, but he as stated previously he would soldier on. He wanted to get stronger, he wanted more powerful punches! He wanted more powerful Sword strikes! He wanted more strength to move around in plate! he wanted the endurance to last longer! He wanted all these things so he can fulfill his desire to protect others and to gain the strength needed to change things in this world! One half of that strength is physical and he was absolutely doing his best to gain that, the other half was strength of the mind and that required a different kind of skills yet the same determination. Part of him realized how impossible it would be to change a city by himself, an impossible dream…. But he would be satisfied with even the slightest of changes.

Now that he was on the 9th set he began alternating the weight against, lifting the weights up to his chest then lowering them once more. He could feel his muscles conversing, complaining how their master was making them work too hard ‘ Lazy bums, I’m just making you earn your keep. That’s all’ He stated silently to his complaining muscles as he approached the 15th lift. He was sweating more profusely now, his muscles aching….sweating out any negativitys, the body beginning to adapt to the stress through the pain, setting itself so that it will be stronger and longer lasting in the futures…. So long as the master of the body remembers not to overdo it and ruin the process.

Alright Kreig, one more family and I think that will be enough for now Kreig nodded at that as his Patron approached him from the front, resting from her drills and drinking a cup of water for herself. Kreig nodded in response as he approached the end of the 9th set “So…. The last family at the moment is the Morealis

Ah, figures she’d settle on a family that’s not exactly in my interest zone’ Though that didn’t really matter much at the moment. As was ordred he read up on the families and as such he would have had a basic grasp on how to act whenever he came across one of their members or found himself in their ‘turf’ so to speak. Still…. He took his time as he thought of the family, lowering the weigts and slumping back against the chair…. Taking deep breaths as he tried to settle himself.

“The Morealis….If I’m not wrong they’re one of the richest families and the one with the biggest land. I think they’re led by a man named… Dimitri?” He said with uncertainty as he leaned forward, looking in the far off distance as he tried to recall the information “Ah….Apparently they are an example of what it means to be social elite and their symbol..?” He cursed silently as he slumped back again.

“I’m sorry Sera, I forgot” His patron waved the apology away and allowed herself a smile. Her squire showed her his dedication and for any Patron that tended to be more than enough, she also congratulated herself for asking the Brawler as he trained. One would think the mind would be focused on the body but in truth the brain became more active, Natasha knew this aided Kreig in his answers and it told her that her squire would be a good student.

Kreig grinned appreciatively as he rested for a few chimes, gods he was suddenly so tired ‘ I can do more, just need to rest a bit’ He knew that, his hands could still grasp the weights tightly. He could still move his fingers freely despite the strain. After a few more chimes had passed the brawler picked up the weights against and resumed his training, counting as he raised the right weight. His body began complaining further….. but it wasn’t outrageous complaint, he could still do more and more!

Watch out Kenash…. Whatever you throw at me, I’ll be ready!

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A Dynasty Lesson

Postby Vice on October 21st, 2014, 4:11 am

Kreig Messer :
Skills
  • +4 Bodybuilding
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +2 Endurance
  • +1 Politics

Lores:

The following all begin with Radacke:

One of Kenash's Top Slave Traders
Intense Slavers
A Volatile Family
Sunberthian Origins
Symbol: Hammer and Tilde

Konrath:

Akalaks and Konti
Most likely to respect the Knighthood

Morealis:

Rich and Powerful among the Rich and Powerful
Socialites above all else
Leader: Dimitri Morealis

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send me a PM, and we'll discuss my reasoning behind why the grade given was received. Please make sure to edit any posts in the grading queue to 'graded' and update your CS as soon as possible. Enjoy! ^.^
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes