Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Ball meets another swordsman

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Ball on September 17th, 2014, 4:54 pm

4th of Fall 514AV
The Bronze Woods
Seventh Bell Syna's Reign

It was still early and fortunately for Ball he had no patron knight to dictate his schedule, training, or locations to be. This situation allowed for Ball to have a pretty open-ended and flexible training schedule that he could add in things that he wanted to do as he deemed fit. Such as this early morning trot in the Bronze Woods with Imass, the fluffy mount was enjoying the warm breeze still left over from the summer. Even though the Goddess Syna's rays were just gracing the ground beneath the canopy there was a still slight nip of coldness left from the embrace of her lover Leth.

A nudging stop from Ball and the dog came to an immediate stop, allowing the small squire to climb down from his back and look around. It was a relatively small clearing, not as nicely open as say the one he met Other Pycon in but it was nice enough. The py-ken artist found it had a small elevation change, only obvious due to his distinct 'disadvantage' in size to the larger races. There were roots and small rocks that dotted the landscape, making it a bit of work to make his way around the grove. Here though Syna's rays were hitting the ground nicely, warming the dew coated grass and drying out what roots and rock were visible. As the day continued onward in it's waking routine Ball could hear the birds chirping and the squirrels chittering in the trees.

The squire had allowed his dog to handle business as it were and when Ball turned to see how his dog was doing it was already laying in the sun, enjoying it's rays... Having flattened down the taller grass in a small circular patch around itself. Ball sighed and twisted his body allowing the bubbles within to pop and allow the air to release from his body.

As the bubbles popped from his body the squire's mount started to unleash a low alerting growl, akin to a warning. Ball paused and looked over his shoulder. Half expecting the dog to start yelping gently in his slumber, yet the dog was crouching in a defensive warning stance, tail brushing low to the ground, teeth bared, ears perked but angled backwards, face all snarly, front paws spread out for full coverage and allowing for full pushing power in the need to tackle.

Ball turned his body completely around, his monocular appearing vision focusing on the dog itself, he couldn't see the dog's line of sight, so there was no telling where the threat was possibly coming from, but the squire could sense the dog's edginess. The sign of danger though just wasn't present, the breeze still swayed the trees and leaves, Syna's rays still graced the ground... Yet the dog was sensing something.

“Easy boy.” What is it? His body, granted not visibly, shifted into combat mode. Not a hard shift to handle for the pyken artist.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Lasken Tolstoy on September 17th, 2014, 5:16 pm

"Oh petch " Lasken shouted as he not only heard the sound of a viscous dog just waiting to maul him beyond recognition but also saw the aforementioned dog. Lasken quickly rose to his feet tightly gripping the hilt of the shortsword he had strapped to the side of his dark brown cloak and effortlessly slid it out of the scabbard. Next he pulled his hat down leaving only his piercing grey eyes exposed aiming to intimidate the animal hoping to scare it off and avoid a fight. Then Lasken turned towards the side blade facing outwards towards the growling animal. Lasken stood his ground unflinching staring straight into the dog's eyes . Lasken waited patiently for the animal to make a move, Lasken knew he had the upper hand if the dog charged at him he could easily impale it upon his sword.
My current PC's Sythril Rythian, Lasken Tolstoy

Lasken's Char sheet http://www.mizaha.com/forums/post403303.html#p403303

Sythril's Char sheet http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic52119.html
Lasken Tolstoy
Lasken The Silent

Words: 6606
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2014, 4:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Ball on September 17th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Ball saw the figure come out of the coverage, how he missed the man with the sword was beyond him, but there he was. And the sword was visible. Threat found. Seeing the man's eyes Ball sighed, “How about we settle this differently eh? Drop the sword and I shall let you go on your merry way... Okay?” His voice was a deep rumbling.

It appeared his day of calmness was about to end pretty abruptly and Ball was pretty sure it wasn't going to end nicely for either of them. Placing a hand on his dog the squire patted it's side gently. The dog started to quiet down and then proceeded to place his arse on the ground with a sound close to a grumble. Ball held both his hands up in the air, looking at the sword and the man, “Seriously though, I really don't want to have to hurt you. I suggest putting the sword away, or better yet down... I don't want you hurting yourself. And just walk away.” His voice, granted still rumbling was as calm as the little squire could allow.

If the man didn't put the sword down Ball would take a small step forward. Yet if the sword was set down Ball would leap forward placing the full five pounds of his weight on the blade of the weapon. Being three inches tall he had no real way to intimidate or frighten the man so he had to rely on his weight and strength.

OOC :
Lasken, please try harder to write longer more detailed posts from here on out.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Lasken Tolstoy on September 17th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Lasken kept his position still not moving but his shoulders were now tense as he yelled out to the little pycon that was standing a few meters in front of him. "I wouldn't have this sword out if what I presume is your stupid mutt, wouldn't have growled at me for all I know the bloody thing could have mauled me beyond recognition. So to answer your question no I'm not a petching idiot there is no way I'm going to set my sword down so you can mug me? or better yet kill me and loot my corpse" Lasken had no intentions of backing down yet somewhere in the back of his mind there was a nagging feeling that he should set down the sword, but for better or worse he shoved the thought out of his mind and tried to relax his arms. Lasken needed to maintain a state of calmness and relaxation or else his attacks wouldn't be as quick and fluid as he needed them to be. Lasken then inched a step backward in preparation for what he could only assume would be a battle.
Lasken then thought to himself "guess I can't ever get one day where I'm able to relax without narrowly avoiding death" Lasken then raised his left hand over his sword and drew upon his djed getting a small migraine as he formed a small stream of res which he set ablaze. Lasken then slowly moved his hand down the entire length of the blade turning it red hot. If the pycon was still intent on coming after him then at least it would be easier to cut through him.

Lasken Tolstoy
Lasken The Silent

Character sheet

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Ball on September 17th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Ball sighed, when the man went off about Imass being a 'stupid mutt' and not putting his sword down for fear of being mugged or beat to death. Well I asked nicely.

“I asked you kindly, now you insult my dog, accuse me of wanting to beat you to death, mug you, or in some fashion or resemblence both. And to boot you accuse me of calling you an idiot?” Ball sighed once more, “Kind sir. I am a squire in the Knights of Syliras. I am the one protecting people from idiots that would do what you mentioned. You insult me, my mount, and my family. Now...”

Ball stood as tall as he could as he watched the man take a step back to keep the same distance between them, “Put the petching sword down before I put my whole body through your groin.” It was, as his patron knight said, a low blow but when you are facing a person with an extra two to three feet extension on their already three foot arm length, and you stand three inches tall... Low blows didn't exist in your vocabulary.

“And trust me when I say... You will never have children... Ever” He narrowed his single eye at the man, the pupilless circle appeared more menacing than it possibly already could. It was then that he realized what the man did with the weapon. His nexus roared the reoccurring nightmare of the lightening and the fire against the sea beast. The pycon had to shake his head to rid the images. Just a few days back Ball recalled the gates being blown apart from something, he didn't know what but there were rumors magic was involved.

This time the shift in his body was more visible, his right leg slide out so he formed a horse stance while his arms split into two thinner versions of themselves and the hands were replaced with a trio of claws on each arm. “I am going to suggest you drop the weapon now... Last warning.” His voice rumbled menacingly and with a touch of authority. If Lasken was paying attention he would see that the pycon's stubble that resembled hair was growing slightly longer, his body thus thinning out slightly and he was slowly taking on a pinkish hue that was spreading from the center of his chest outward.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Lasken Tolstoy on September 17th, 2014, 6:59 pm

Lasken put his palm up and drew upon his djed again but this time he drew upon more then he usually did causing his nose to bleed profusely and the migraine he had to grow more intense he also started to hear the sweet whispers . Lasken formed a ball of res that was much bigger then the tiny pycon that he was about to go up against Lasken made sure to leave enough res to control the chaotic ball of energy he was about to create which took a heavy toll as the migraine grew to a head splitting intensity and his eyes started to bleed giving the illusion that Lasken was crying tears of blood. Lasken then began the long tedious process of transforming the res with the elements. First Lasken ignited the outer layer of the ball with the element of fire Lasken had little trouble controlling it in this state, next Lasken filled the inner layer with the element of air turning it into a massive ball of chaotic lightning that Lasken could barely control
that would be able to easily envelop the pycon . Lasken threw the ball with all the strength he could muster and somehow managed to direct it at the center of the pycons chest.

Lasken Tolstoy
Lasken The Silent

Character sheet

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Ball on September 17th, 2014, 7:34 pm

As soon as Lasken lifted his hand up and Ball could see something wasn't quite right the pycon jumped into action. The dog followed suit, lunging hard as the man had to concentrate and therefore couldn't affor to pay close attention to the attackers. Ball used Imass as a decoy as he hurled towards the man's leg. It wasn't going to be pretty but magic was something that didn't end well for anyone. It didn't take long apparently for the res to form a sphere he was planning on using but he abandoned his sword in the attack.

Imass's lunge went wide left, only barely shifting past the man as the ball of magic was hurled outwardly, yet it would miss horridly as Ball was already closing the gap between himself and Lasken's shin, the connection would definitely not be pretty, but attacking Ball never did end pretty for people.

Ser Pycon says to play nicely with unarmed people... But this man threatens me with a sword then throws magic at me... The pycon ignored the thought as his curled his body into a tightly compact sphere, he knew his full five pounds of clay mass was squeezed into as small a ball he could possible make: three inches in diameter. Unfortunately for the magic caster before him Ball wasn't about to 'pull punches' meaning his impact is going to be extremely painful, like dent platemail armor painful... If the yukmen horde he dealt with last Fall was any recollection of the power behind his attack, Ball was sure this man's bones weren't going to survive.

Ball wasn't going to hold back. A lesson was going to be taught and unfortunately for Lasken Ball's coloration was closer and closer to a complete pink hue of clay...

It was in the few inches from Lasken's shin that Ball heard the resulting explosion caused from the magic that the mage unleashed. Pulling punches isn't so not happening.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Lasken Tolstoy on September 17th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Lasken had just used up almost all his energy when the pycon hit his shin with a loud snap. Lasken started to wobble his limbs felt heavy as his vision became blurry, then his mind started to cloud before finally his legs gave out as the magic he had thrown imploded hopefully killing the bandit that was claiming to be a knight of Syliras the nerve of some people these days Lasken thought before he hit the ground with a loud thump.

Lasken experienced nightmares while he was unconscious he dreamt things......horrible things he dreamt of innocent children being slaughtered while there parents watched on in horror Lasken silently screamed as the nightmares continued with scenes of unspeakable acts. Women being mutilated beyond recognition before their lifeless corpses were raped, Dhani being skinned and eaten, two zith mating in midair each act grew more and more despicable making Lasken beg for it to stop until finally it culminated in the biggest explosion of magic he had ever seen before it ended and everything went pitchblack.

Lasken Tolstoy
Lasken The Silent

Character sheet

Sword v Clay [Lasken]

Postby Ball on September 18th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Ball knew as soon as he hit the man's shin bone that something wasn't right, the body was just a wobbling mess, which as far as Ball could tell was the whole reason he didn't go through the man's leg and out the other side. When he landed on the ground he bounced due to the sudden impact of his opponent's body. Blood was flowing from orifices he had never touched, let alone though he could rupture from an attack against a person's leg.

Something isn't right... The pink drained from his body, reverting the three inch squire to his standard brown. That was when he heard the yelping whimpers of his mount and could smell the burning scent of wood smoke. Turning the dog was sitting, whimpering, a few feet from the fire, unsure of what to do it appeared. “Imass. Go. Knights. Now.” Dog chuffed a reply and bolted off through the woods just behind Lasken and the squire.

Ball had to turn his attention though to the fire, the caster he knew he couldn't drag out on his own, that was just insane, instead he could do his best to put out the fire, it was from his perspective nothing more than a normal fire burning in the woods... Not a good place to have one burning unattended. Yet with nothing to smother the flames with Ball looked around, the man he confronted was wearing a cloak, perhaps that would work to kill the flames. It appeared to be large enough to do the task.

Yes yes, to get it off of him now. Ball worked as fast as he could, unclasping it wasn't hard enough, and the man was nothing more than a heavy arsed log of human flesh, so Ball rolled him over and over until the cloak was free of the man's body. Once he had a hold of it the pycon dragged it over towards the fire before he tossed it up and then over the fire. There was several puffs of smoke that billowed around the cloak's hems and Ball was afraid he might have to replace the man's cloak – money was no issue after all for the pycon – so he jumped onto the cloak, using his five pounds of dense weight to flatten the burning heated mess underneath the cloak. He could feel the temperature rising in his body mass and that wasn't comfortable, but he had the man's life in his hands.

After a few chimes of beating at the cloak covered flames Ball rolled himself off of the cloak, it was damaged and entirely useless now, but he would compensate the man handsomely. Turning back to the unconscious fool Ball sighed and that was when he could hear the hoofbeats of a wing of knights and knew they weren't far away.

Just sit patiently and wait.

OOC :
I am going to submit this now Lasken, I will allow the grader to determine the results.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes