Closed [Aquillar Hot Springs] Working Up a Sweat (Pulren)

Caela decides to do some training but doesn't realise that there might be witnesses

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Aquillar Hot Springs] Working Up a Sweat (Pulren)

Postby Caela Dorin on November 16th, 2014, 2:22 pm

His answer concerning magic was a brief one but it spoke volumes to the dancer. It was something that he seemed to approve of although he didn't say it. Likening magic to the use of a sword told her that it was not a thing to be shunned as most in Sunberth considered it to be. To only rely on magic was a weakness to him but one that made sense to Caela. If you grew too reliant on something because it gave you an advantage then if that advantage was taken away you would have nothing. Not a clever place to fall into. He'd slipped magic back into the subject of her dancing so neatly that she was taken aback though.

Money wasn't working for her that was what he thought but he was incorrect. She was being greedy and it appeared that she may well have lost the opportunity of such a payday. If he didn't think that mizas were working then he would no doubt drop the matter believing her to be too stubborn, too proud to accept any coin from him. The dancer watched him all the same, hardly daring to breathe as she awaited the follow up to this. Was he going to comment further on it? Yes it seemed that he was.

The blonde listened attentively, hanging on every word. A hitch in her breathing as he named a new price, a higher one. Forty gold! That was very nearly seven days wages! So much for a single dance and she was pleased with herself for pushing the matter. It made her want to laugh. Six gold was what Merv normally paid her for a single day's work and this Zeltivan had raised it to great heights. It made a good contribution to rebuilding the fund that had been so depleted by her deal with Eleazar. The word "wealthy" had not escaped her. A taunt to her ears considering the words that followed. He had the power to pay her more and she assumed that it wasn't a mere boast but that extra coin would come at a price that she was in no way willing to pay. She would not cross that line, she was not her mother.

Despite the warmth of the water Caela's body seemed to grow cold, the implication of his words sending chills through her body before a blush rose and thawed her out again. From one extreme to the other she went from cool to uncomfortably warm. He'd reached a price and it would go no higher. She wouldn't allow it to go any higher and that was final.

A slow nod. "Yes, I think that forty gold should make up for any uh... injuries to my pride," she told him, gaze on the water between them again. The idea of meeting his gaze right now, which she expected to be triumphant would be too much for her to bear. "So that dance... were you thinking of that happening now? Not in here of course and not in this condition but somewhere... private. You rent a room here so I suppose that that would do."

There could be no more pleasure gained from such a soak and to delay leaving would only be putting off the inevitable. It was better to get it over and done with sooner rather than later. That couldn't happen until they were both out of the water of course and while he could no doubt leave the safety of the pool without a touch of embarrassment, the blonde could not. "Seeing as you keep referring to yourself as a gentleman, I don't suppose that it would be any harm to ask you to turn away while I get out of the water and dress would it? A gentleman wouldn't embarrass me by refusing," she said carefully, each word chosen to persuade him to do what she asked. Hopefully it wouldn't take too much persuading, he didn't want to be thought badly of after all. If he agreed and did as she asked then she was going to move extremely quickly, just in case he was tempted to break his word and take a peek.
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 17th, 2014, 7:22 am

So, it appeared that the increase in price had made a significant difference in Caela's attitude, which at least verified that she was in the entertainment business. No self respecting performer would just flat out turn down coin for a performance, regardless of scruples. Sure, there may be rules and limits not to be crossed, but even these existed within the contract of audience and entertainer. He did enjoy what appeared to be the activity of morality within her face, as it changed colors and shapes before him.

Now came negotiations. He didn't particularly appreciate her habit of looking at the water and not at him, but he suspected that would change when it was time to pay her due.Her question was no longer that of a query into the life and mind of Palaren Marshall, but more the where and how of the getting his money. He didn't know how to feel about it. He never paid too much attention to it, even at Loveless. If you start wondering if the whores would really like you without the money, you really didn't need to be there in the first place. "I do have a room, Caela. That seems a suitable place to show me your assets. Behind closed doors and out of the eyes of children. Couldn't agree more."

He was already lifting himself out of the water as she was asking him about his gentlemanly duty. Pulren could feel a coldness rising inside of him to match the chill of the air when he left the warmth of the bath waters. Putting his boots and shirt back on, he nodded at her. "I'll do you one better than that, Caela. I'll step out of the bathing area and wait for you outside. Take your time." Smiling, he gave her a small bow and left the bathing area as promised. Walking out into the breeze, his hands crossed and clasped behind Pulren's back, his mind on the task at hand.

Of course he would pay her. He wouldn't attack her or do anything else out of the ordinary. He would absolutely hold up his end of the bargain as he was expected to. He only hoped that Caela would be as good as she said she was and that she could muster even a fine facade of interest. If she danced with the look of an assault victim like she had been talking to him in, he might very well just pay her to leave. That was what whore money paid for, truthfully.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Caela Dorin on November 17th, 2014, 7:03 pm

The man's way of phrasing things made her feel more than a little uncomfortable. It sounded like she was going to be doing something very different in his room. Assets and skills were two entirely dissimilar things and she wondered if his implications were laid to embarrass her by connecting her to her mother's profession. She didn't appreciate the comparison, no matter how amusing he might find it himself. Not that he was laughing at her of course, his expression didn't change but the dancer was convinced that he was laughing on the inside. Petching bastard.

He was withdrawing from the waters himself when her request for privacy was voiced. No immediate reply came, Palaren taking the time to dress again before he proposed something better than she had asked for. The blonde smiled gratefully, glad that he would allow her even that small kindness before she completely humiliated herself. It made no difference how sexual her dancing might have to be, she would feel better without having had her body on complete display. It had been a close thing all the same considering where they were but she had trusted to the water and her limbs obscuring and distorting anything that might be interesting sights for the man. He would get an interesting view in a few chimes although not as much of an eyeful as many of the patrons of the Pig's Foot Tavern would receive. He'd have to live with seeing her in pants instead of a skirt and forgo a glimpse of her thighs.

The Zeltivan bowed to her and good to his word he stepped out. The blonde didn't move immediately, twisting to stare at the door to make sure that it was true and that there was no sign of him making a reappearance before she pulled herself out of the waters. A shiver went through her at the change in temperature but she shuddered and got on with it. A towel was found close to the pool's edge and was put to good use before her clothes were replaced on her now damp skin. Fingers were threaded through her hair, the ends wrung and drained of moisture before her belongings were collected and she stepped outside to meet Palaren. He hadn't been kept waiting long.

She found him walking with arms held behind his back, lost in his own little world. She approached, offering a small smile. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. I... You'll show me where your room is now unless... unless you'd rather do something else first?" Green eyes fixed on him intently as she awaited an answer, belatedly realising that certain connotations might be inappropriately attached to her words. "You might like to get more juice or something first, I mean," she added, a tinge of hopefulness in her voice. The desire to get it over and done with was quickly dying and without alcohol to chase the nervousness away, she'd be glad of a delay.

Caela Dorin
Seductress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 20th, 2014, 1:52 am

The whole scene was becoming very depressing. Maybe it was the way she was speaking. Maybe it was the way she eyed him with so much distrust. Maybe she really thought he might attack her and rape her once she was behind closed doors with him. Did he really seem that nefarious?He thought that Palaren was a bit of a prick, but not so much as to warrant fears of sexual assault. He would have to try his routines out on S'Essy maybe, since she knew the difference between the actor and the part.

Here she was, fresh from the baths and looking hopeful. She was even smiling when she approached him, which was a breath of fresh air. Her first question came out and Pulren was struck with confusion. When her correction came, it was clear that the dance was the very last thing she wanted and he was the last man she would ever want to dance for, even at such a high price. Suddenly, Pulren's insides filled with grease and he felt like he was no better than the petulant slavers. Malaise came and went in a small wave as it was clear to him that Caela felt as if she had to perform for money. This isn't what he wanted at all, but he couldn't be Pulren and explain.

An alternative came to him, however.

He smiled and patted her on the shoulder. "Please. Stay right here. I will be right back." He hoped that for forty gold mizas, she could at least stand in one place without too much complaint. Walking past her and back into the bathhouse, he picked up the pitcher and two glasses with a small sigh and then quickly came out again. Shaking the pitched slightly before her, he said, "I'll go refill this pitcher right away, Caela." His feet walked him into the main hall and he did his best to put the glasses down carefully. His anger was strong, but he didn't want to break things that weren't his for that reason. To be seen as the thing he hated most was just infuriating to Pulren, Palaren and any other petching person in those clothes at the moment.

Entering his room, he dug out a few handfuls of mizas, counting them mentally as he dropped them into the pitcher. When he reached forty, he held the pitcher two hands, one on the handle and one supporting it from beneath, as he feared that the weight of the money might break the earthenware otherwise. With an equally stony look, he approached her where she had waited and he sat the pitcher down at her feet. Stepping back, he bowed again.

"Caela, I am not sure what I have done to you to warrant such behavior. It has seemed that you have zero interest in being near me at all, much less dancing for me. That's all well and good, as nothing is mandatory, but your demeanor, as if I might hold you down and force you to do anything, that is what really cut me." Looking down at the pitcher and nodding at it, he added, "Forty mizas are in that pitcher. I didn't have a spare sack to load them into it. I won't try to rip you off or anything. Now you can dance if you choose to. If not, no problem at all. You still get paid."

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Caela Dorin on November 20th, 2014, 6:47 pm

There was a slight shift in his expression somewhere around the eyes that the dancer couldn't quite decipher. Head tilted slightly to the side as she tried to read him but it was already gone, the man smiling and patting her on the shoulder. She jumped a little at the unexpected touch and immediately bit her lip, eyes suddenly full of worry. She was hoping that he wouldn't misconstrue surprise for revulsion. He was going to give her money after all so she didn't want to offend him beforehand. Caela wasn't sure if it had registered with him or not.

Much to her confusion, Palaren stepped back into the bathing area that they'd just left and she was forced to stand there in puzzlement. He reappeared a few moments later with the pitcher and glasses that they'd used and understanding dawned. A relieved smile greeted this revelation before the man was gone again.

So they would have more juice and she would have more time to mull over how this dancing was going to go. There was always the possibility of asking him if she could run home and change into something more appropriate for working in. Maybe if he believed that she was really putting the effort in he might tip her but that wasn't her main concern. If she danced in ordinary clothes like these, what she could do for him by way of entertainment would be mediocre at best. The clothing she was currently wearing wasn't all that flattering to her figure and she'd also become a little reliant on the advantages that a more revealing form of dress allowed her. At the very least she needed a skirt but if she wanted to go the whole hog then a corset would be necessary.

The Zeltivan's reappearance froze her plans as she found herself staring at his now unfriendly expression. The pitcher he was carrying was set at her feet, the man stepping back to keep his distance from her as he bowed. The looks shot between the vessel at her feet and the man were full of bewilderment. The pitcher was indeed full of glittering gold mizas but the fact that they were present was confusing her. He was paying her now and if she didn't want to dance then he'd let her away with the coins for absolutely nothing in return. Why he would give her money even if she did nothing was beyond her and so all the blonde could manage for a chime or so was to stare at him stupidly.

Caela had offended him, quite deeply it appeared and yet he would allow her to leave if she chose with forty gold mizas while he remained with a wounded ego. The dancer was very confused and very much uncertain about the line of action that she should take. Should she dance for him anyway? If she simply left would she regret it at a later stage? She had no idea. She knew what she wanted to do and she knew what would be prudent to do and the two things were not the same. A moment of chewing her lip, a slow nod and then she stepped around the pitcher and came closer to him.

"I will be gone for perhaps half a bell if I am quite quick. I need to go and change into something..." she looked down at her current attire, returning her gaze to the man with a coy smile, "...more appropriate. If you're willing to wait of course. You can show me which one your room is and I can go straight there when I come back. I trust that I can leave my stuff with you for safe keeping while I'm away? You'll know for sure then that I'll be back," the blonde explained that coy smile remaining throughout her speech.

It seemed far wiser to be prudent than to run for it. Best to reverse as much of the damage she'd caused him as she could.
Last edited by Caela Dorin on November 22nd, 2014, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 21st, 2014, 12:17 am

Strangely enough, it seemed that she was still game for the performance. This heartened Pulren a bit, though he was still unsure. This way, at least, he could be confident in knowing that whatever Caela did was of her own choosing. His conscience was clear and if she did come back, it would sweeten the dance that much more.

Of course, it would be as easy to leave the clothes behind and buy new ones with the money. He would just have to give her a little slack in the trust department on this one.Nodding, he offered, while softening his features somewhat, "Sounds good. I want you to take the money, though. It's your money now. I hope it inspires you, however." He allowed a small smile of courtesy to shine through. Pointing back behind himself at the low hall, he kept talking. "Once inside the hall, there are five doors. Mine is on the far right end in the corner. There is a carving of a star above the door. I'll be waiting there for you."

With that, he smiled and bowed to her. "Until later, Caela." He then turned and made his way back to his room. Once inside, he took care to store all of his gold beneath his bed against the wall, placing it beneath piles of his clothes. Taking a seat at the small table there, he looked around, turning the oil lamp up to illuminate the room. His trident sat in the corner, tines up with the shield across it. He didn't really have any other choices for clothing and wearing undergarments alone would look like the very situation she wished to avoid. So, with some care and attention, Pulren moved what furniture there was to the walls so that the majority of the floor space was free.

All that was left was to place his chair in the middle of the room, have a seat and wait.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Caela Dorin on November 22nd, 2014, 9:53 pm

The blonde's apparent willingness appeared to have softened the man. He now seemed more like he had done before and she was glad that she seemed to have made the right decision. The request to take the money surprised her though. He obviously trusted her enough to come back because taking the money now would mean that she'd be needing that bag. Nothing would be left here with him if she had to do that and it would be so easy for the dancer to slip away and never to come back. He must have known that but either it didn't bother him or he had great faith in her word.

Her bag was opened as he directed her to his room, the pitcher of money picked up from where it lay at her feet. The weight within was staggering but she placed a hand under it and poured the gold into her bag. She was going to have to hope that she didn't jingle too much on the way home or she'd be asking to be mugged.

"I'll need my stuff then or I won't be able to carry the money back. I'll return all the same," she explained, trying to reassure him. The backpack was hoisted onto her back, the weight of the money resting against the small of her back as she turned for him and hurried from the bathhouse. Her pace remained quick until she was in the city proper rather than the outskirts where the money's clinking had gone unheard by anyone but herself. It was still early but there were enough people around to make her feel nervous. She was convinced that it was obvious to anyone looking at her what a valuable package she was carrying. It wasn't until she was standing in her room that she was able to feel somewhat safe.

The trunk that held her clothes was flung open, most of the contents strewn on the floor to make room for the gold mizas that she poured into it. It made her uneasy to have so much money in her room but she had nowhere else to put it for now so it would just have to do for now with no other option available to her. Once it was all in there, the clothes were returned, the blonde only fishing out her corset and her pink skirt. Her current clothing was shed, the pants she was wearing added to the trunk and replaced by the skirt that she slid up to her hips. Next came the corset, the bask fastened at the front and began fumbling at the laces at the back.

The dancer needed to invest in a mirror and she knew it but for now she could only do what she could, fingers feeling blindly at the back of the corset as she pulled and tugged at the strings to tighten it. It constricted around her chest and waist, pulled too tightly for dancing and so she had to loosen it just enough that movement was a little more comfortable. There was little improvement in breathing but she'd manage in that department, she always did. Once she was satisfied with it, her blouse was shrugged into and buttoned up again before she found suitable dancing shoes. She decided against stockings, risking the attention that bare legs would bring her as soon as she stepped outside of the door.

Bright red lip pomade was applied carefully before she went out the door, tongue running over her teeth as she went in case any of it had ended up there. Fast steps led her back to the hills leading up to the bathhouse and her pace increased as much as her constricted lungs would allow on such terrain until she'd reached the Springs themselves. Panting she leaned against the entrance for a chime to catch her breath before entering at a far more leisurely pace than before.

The low hallway was found and entered, the blonde counting doors as she went down until she came to the one with the star carving on it. She paused, eyes running down her frame briefly. The two top buttons were pulled free and the corset adjusted to allow a more appealing view through the newly former gap. Hands smoothed down the material of her clothing before a hand was raised to the door. A quick rap with the knuckles against the wooden surface before she reached for the handle. The door was unlocked of course and so she stepped in and shut it behind her.

A quick assessment of the room, the newly cleared space with Palaren sitting in a chair in the middle of it taken in. Her face was fanned with her hand as she spoke. "Sorry, I took longer than I would have liked. I hope you didn't mind waiting. As they say, all good things come to those who wait."

An alluring smile was offered to the man as she stepped properly into the room, bringing herself closer to him. She just had to imagine that she was in the tavern and that there were others around. It would be no different than that except that there would be no music of course, except for in her head and that would just have to do. It wasn't to be thought of as a private dance and then she'd be able to manage it. She just had to remember to be entertaining to her audience of one. She'd wait for him to take her appearance in before she did anything though.

"Do you like?" she asked softly, the sides of her skirt grabbed and splayed out to reveal the white underskirts beneath and to allow a higher glimpse of thigh before the material was released and dropped back down again.
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 27th, 2014, 3:37 am

Pulren had a long time to sit there and stare at the door. The trek into town and back would certainly take at least a bell if not two and arranging his room for her visit took nearly nothing as he had been so excited at the onset. Now, however, the room remained quiet and he finally had time to mull over the events of the day. This girl had worked very hard to convince Pulren of her seriousness and that she really wanted to visit him and show off her assets.

Of course, this was all well and good, something expected as a paying customer. Had she the means to perform right then and there, he may have very well enjoyed the performance. With the passage of time, however, his body's beat slowed down to a normal and more sane tempo. Whether Pulren was going to be Palaren or not, he had to be consistent. He had to still look at himself in the mornings in front of the wash basin. Could he, knowing that he had made this beautiful woman into little more than an object? Thought it was only for a day and actually, just a dance. was he not becoming the same elitist losers that he was now preparing to take down one at a time?

Slavery was indeed a deeper thing than this and it even seemed to be voluntary, as she had plenty of chance to escape. As he heard the door open, however, he could see and smell her as she entered. She looked good. Almost so good that he entirely forgot where his mind had been for the time in between. When she lifted her skirt to show off, he rose from his chair and stood behind it, a meager barrier between the two of them. "I do indeed like, Caela. You look good enough to eat." His fingers drummed against the wood of the chair as he thought about it. "However, as a Zeltivan in staunch opposition of slavery, I can't very well tolerate using you in this way, even if it is only a dance. I hope you will pardon my wasting of your time, though you still made a good wage for humoring me. I'd be happy to pay for you a night's stay here so that you don't have to walk back in the dark."

Stepping past her and opening the door, he stood beside it and smiled, adding, "You probably shouldn't be out in the dark in that." He gave her a good ogling for the forty mizas.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Caela Dorin on December 6th, 2014, 12:44 am

The smile prevailed for a few moments after her skirt dropped although she watched Palaren with some trepidation. He'd risen from his seat but had chosen to stand behind it so that the chair was between them. Caela had no idea what the purpose of such an action was and so she was inwardly wary although outwardly she tried to keep it hidden. The dancer had only a moment or two to contemplate how this dancing was going to work without music when he began speaking of slavery and the train of thought became frozen in its progress. Something hardened inside her as he outlined his reasons for not having her dance for him.

The petching bastard! she thought bitterly.

After all the effort she'd gone to, after all the degradation that she'd put herself through by coming here dressed like this. The blonde had swallowed her pride and had risked the dangers that her choice of attire could bring down upon her and he had rejected her? Like this? She was no slave and to bring such a topic up in relation to her was particularly insulting. He'd already used her, even if she hadn't gone so far as to dance for him she'd put on a good enough display already. It would have been better if the blonde had decided to be dishonest and left him there expecting her back. It didn't matter to her that she'd gotten a 'good wage' as he called it. It was no consolation to her at all, especially considering the way that he was currently looking at her.

The invitation to pay for a room for the evening was not a welcome one. It made her wonder if he was hoping to get more out of her with his money. He'd made it clear that he had more to spend and that he'd be willing to pay her for more from her. Maybe he was hoping to win her around to doing more if he had more time with her. Well he could go petch himself as far as she was concerned for humiliating her that way. He held the door open for her, ogling her openly as he spoke in a friendly way to her. Well the dancer was going to show him that she was still in possession of some pride and that she didn't need his 'kind' offers.

The young woman regarded him coolly as she stepped out through the doorway, head tossed proudly to get hair off her face. "I have to walk back thanks. I have work to do. You know work, where you do stuff and get money for doing it? Yeah that. It's not dark yet and I walk around at night anyway thanks. I can look after myself," she informed him simply, beginning her journey back down the corridor towards freedom. If he called her back then she might be willing to humour him and acknowledge him but if he didn't then Caela was going to march back down to her room and change into something more normal. By the time she got back and changed, she was going to have to go to work with her pride still stinging. Damn the petcher!
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 8th, 2014, 8:42 am

All in all, Pulren wasn't overly surprised by Caela's disgust or demeanor. Perhaps he had chosen poorly by deciding not to take her up on what many men would likely kill for. He would sleep better at night knowing he had not become the thing that he had despised. He did find her behavior and words odd and ill fitting, but it was getting late and had already been a long day. There really wasn't much point in delving into existential conundrums about why a person wasn't satisfied by getting paid for doing almost nothing. Walking and dressing up. Nevertheless, not the debate for the day.

He thought of quips to make or parting shots to fire, but none of them really fit the bill. Maybe it was just as satisfying to him to see her huff and puff and march away, so angry over nothing. Smiling at the form as it sauntered away, Pulren closed the door and stretched himself. Maybe he would take another dip alone to relax and think of the day. Maybe he would just sleep. Bachelors had such freedoms.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext