Flashback Child-Sized Fight

A young Robin is part of a small

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Child-Sized Fight

Postby Robinson Gilli on September 29th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Spring 31, 502 A.V. 11th bell 19th chime

Beat ‘em Jerry!” It was a nice spring day in not so nice Sunberth, it was a day that even the one with the most foulest of moods tended to have a more cheery approach in their daily life as hard as that is to believe. Oh the city itself wasn’t any more merciful, the dying are still dying and the poor are still poor but at least it was less gloomier this day. To celebrate the occasion of a more cherry Sunberth, a group of the city’s children decided to have fun a bit and formed a circle. A young Robin was a part of that circle that day as he watched what happened within with wide eyes.

Bill! Shyke him up!” As one could probably guess by now, the children who were all of varying ages of 10 to thirteen had formed a fight circle and within it were two young combatants duking it out. One of the lads who formed the circle held a hat in his hand, within that hat was a handful of Miza that would go to the victor. Robin was wide eyed as he saw the fight played out, the fight was between two older boys. The one with messy short hair was named Jerry, he wore a white shirt and blue shorts… he was the tallest of the boys. Bill was the other boys, one of the lads Robin associated with on account that his Da and Bill’s Da were friends.

Bill was two years older than Robin though, something he never let Robin forget. Robin didn’t care though, unlike Bill he could throw a stronger punch of that he was sure. Still Bill put up a good fight against Jimmy, and for that Robin respected Bill. The fight between Jimmy and Bill had been raging on for a few minutes and it had been fierce, in a weird way it could be considered a punching match as all the boys did was throw punches ‘Not that it made the fights any less fun’ Mused Robin. It wasn’t wrong in Jerry’s case though, his Da was a true-blue boxer at Tall Johnny’s and he usually fought the non-lethal fights so he knew a lot. Jerry was ruling the fight and it would have ended a long time ago if it weren’t for Bill’s tenacity.

Eventually and with predictable results, the fight ended in Jerry’s favor as Bill called ‘uncle’ “You did good…” Spoke Robin as he helped Bill out of the circle, some watched in respectful silence and others, boys being boys, mocked Bill whilst also cheering Jerry for his victory. After he did so it was now his turn to fight as he turned to enter the circle, facing a new boy who was older than himself by a year. He looked like a mean boy, he was shorter than Robin amusingly enough but he had a face that was in a perpetual scowl which scared Robin a bit.

“[color=Silver] Kick his arse, little brother[/silver]” Robin felt himself pale for a moment there as he heard Jerry’s voice.

Weeelll, shyke…
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor

"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Words: 88416
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Child-Sized Fight

Postby Robinson Gilli on September 30th, 2014, 12:43 am

Date

Joey was a lot like his brother, Robin noticed as he tried imagining the angry looking lad with a normal looking face. Of course the biggest resemblance was the lad’s stance, a tradition boxing stance with the fists raised. Robin gulped as he raised his own fists in a rough mimic of Joey’s stance, it was a pale copy but it was the best he could give ‘ Just have to make sure to get a good hit in’ Indeed, he was still sure that he was stronger thatn the other boys in the circle, but he wasn’t sure how much good that did against someone who knows how to fight.

Someone who knows how te fight and I mean REALLY fight ken do plenty of hurt boy. An idiot who don’t ken expect to be in bed for a long time if they try were his Da’s word to him whenever Robin had him talk about his work as a merc. Of course, it wasn’t like this was Robin’s first fight either, it was just his first fight against someone who had training in it. In a way it was like going up against an adult because It made them look bigger and mean, not that Robin fought an adult of course. ‘Least Joey wasn’t one of those blue kids you rarely see walkin’ about, those kids were scarier than adults.

Get on with it! Some of us came here for a fight!” Good to know the boys were following the shining examples that was their parents. To Joey that was all that needed to get him moving as he threw a straight punch, a punch that Robin barely blocked as he raised his arms. Robin grunted though as the blow hurt more than he expected, especially in his right arm….. As expected, a trained fighter’s punches were a lot different than his own ‘baby’ punches. He wanted to go ‘owwwn’ and what not just from that punch but to show that was a weakness he could not afford.

If ye let an opponent know they’ve hurt ye good, it empowers them…. Best hold it in if ye ken and keep on if ye must. More of his Da’s words came to him as he as he held in the pain, in that moment another punch came and again he had to try and hold it in. His teeth visibly grinded as he tried to hold in the pain, keeping true to his father’s words as he stared at Joey with a dangerous glare as he waited for a good opportunity.

Joey flinched briefly as the glare thrown back at him, offering the opportunity the young Robin so desired as he threw a wild fist towards Joey’s head. Except a problem came up for Robin; Joey had ducked, which presented another problem for Robin as Joey rose up and threw a devastating punch into Robin’s stomach. The Circle’s of boys threw in a mixture of wild cheers and winces as they saw the sight, seeing Robin slump over as all the air was knocked over him.

Wellp, this ain't trouble. this ain't trouble at all...
Languages spoken:

Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Child-Sized Fight

Postby Robinson Gilli on September 30th, 2014, 5:04 pm

Date

A couple of the lads were about to pull Robin out of the circle, as they along with the rest of the circle of children thought he was out for the count, only to their amazement to see that Robin waved the lads away and carried himself upwards. He breathed heavily as he resumed a fighting position, a gleam of defiance in his eyes “ Robby! Stop, ye can’t win this one!” Came the voice of Bill as he watched from the sidelines, still nursing his wounds. It was just their luck that the duo had to face off against boxing brothers, no point in fighting a fight ye can’t win. But Robin ignored Bill’s words; it was shameful for a soldier to go down like this with utter ease! He had to go down in a way that was worthy! Some of the boys cheered again at the thought of the fight continuing, others stood with silent worry fearing that the boy will soon gain as much wounds as Bill did, perhaps even worse.

I shall not shame my legacy!’ Was the lad’s driving thought as he resumed that rough imitation of a boxing stance. Joey was a little in awe as he saw his opponent stand before him, and a little in fear as he still wore that glare he shot at him previously. He needed to finish off Robin fast and he was about to do so as he launched a couple of jabs that caused Robin to stumble back as they barely missed him. The jabs were a distraction though as he threw another straight punch, this one aimed for Robin’s head as he hoped it would put a swift end to an already short fight. But whether Robin or the intervention of the gods, the blow missed as Robin swayed to the left and stepped in close ready to deal a devastating punch. Joey, recognizing the danger coming to him had tried to step back but as he did so he found he could no further as he felt a weight upon his foot. Bill and the rest of the circle could see the whole thing happening and it seemed that timed had slowed just to point out the fact, it seemed that young Robin had stepped upon Joey’s left foot and now the young lad had no place to run to as Robin imitated the straight punch that was used upon him earlier and struck Joey hard in his stomach.

Joey had felt the air knock out of him, along with a bit of blood from his mouth…yet he had yet to fall and that was damn impressive. Joey took a deep breath, seeing an opportunity he could exploit as he stepped to the side and rotated his body to give Robin a solid left hook t to his sides. Robin gasped in pain as he felt the pain in his side, blood had burst out of his mouth… the iron taste leaving his mouth and onto the pavement. The circle was silent now, not sure what to do as the fight seemed to be veering into dangerous territory as they looked on. Joey had stepped back and resumed his stance, waiting for Robin to come for him. Robin, his legs now shaking as he turned his body to face Joey, looked on with that defiant glare and started moving again.

Would Victory be his?
Languages spoken:

Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Child-Sized Fight

Postby Robinson Gilli on September 30th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Date

He moved torwards Joey with a left fist swinging, but it only struck air in a manner eerily similar to the first blow ‘No! NU UH!He knew what would happen next as he continued his momentum and allowed himself to spin out of the way, with the vague hope that it would probably back hand the boxer along the way if he tried to uppercut him. Of course, it didn’t hit Joey and the spin itself was pointless as Robin was suddenly face to face with Joey “ Nice try….but I’ll leave you crying” Joey announced as he delivered another hook punch to Robin’s body. Robin yelped in pain and surprise, tears flowing from his eyes as he dropped to the ground and grasped his sides….. cursing as he couldn’t get the win. More blood formed in his mouth before being coughed out…

Qucik! Help me carry him out!” came the shout as his arms were flung around the shoulders of Bill and some other boy as the carried him up from the ground and dragged him out of the circle “ Don’t move, Robby. All right? You’re hurt pretty bad down there, so don’t move. You fought good okay? No other kid will mess with you after this” Bill’s words weren’t quite registering in Robin’s head. He had lost…. But did he lose in a way that mattered? He wasn’t quite sure, all he knew is that he had fought and loss. In his view he couldn’t see the other children, he was certain they were cheering on Joey at least but it made him wonder if they cheered for him as well ‘ Or I’m I some shykehead who didn’t knew when to give up?’ He felt like crying, it hurt so much right now…. The pain and the bitter taste of losing were so damn annoying. His eyes were growing heavy as they dragged him away, his vision ever so blurry before finally darkness had over taken him.

With a start he awoke, yet winced as he felt a pain in his side and as he reached to touch it he realized his sides were bandaged “ Don’t move te fast me boy, yer sides got quite the beating.” Robin turned to face the familiar voice and saw his father resting on a chair with his feet upon a stool, watching his son with a wry grin. Robin looked away, feeling a bit ashamed that his Da was seeing him in this condition.

“Hi Da…”

Oy now whats with the dejected tone, laddy? What, are the bandages not set right? The docs a quack but he should know what he’s doin’…

“Not that, Da..it’s just I lost a fight and I think I lost bad”

Hjlagar Gilli looked at his son for a long and intense moment with a raised brow and said “ Is that all ya silly pup?
Languages spoken:

Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Child-Sized Fight

Postby Robinson Gilli on September 30th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Date

Are ye really goin’ to be pouting over somethin’ as stupid as that boy? So what if you lost? Least ye ain’t dead” Robin looked down at the bedsheets. In that sense it was a bit stupid to be sad over a loss, he’d only lost one gold miza anyway so it’s not like he lost anything of major value…’cept his pride of course, he didn’t like that deep pit he was feeling in his stomach and he definitely didn’t like feeling this way in front of his own Da! He wanted to be as tough as his Da after all and it was hardly sporting of a mercenary’s son to be this way! Hjalgar sighed as he stood up from his chair and gently approached his son, lightly thwacking the back of his head as he looked at him.

Don’t let yerself down boy, ye fought well, didn’t ya? I heard from the other boys that ye fought like a feral yukman

“I don’t think being compared ta a yukman is a good thing Da” Robin said as he looked up at his pa, he’d never seen the green naked beasts personally but he’d heard enough stories about how stupid they are, and he’d let his father know that too “They don’t got much brains”

I ain’t talking about their brains, lad. I’m talking tenacity, even the weakest of yukmen can show a fierce tenacity. Sure they’re dumb as bricks, as ye said, but they’re still dangerour bastads. Ever got punched by one? Well of course you haven’t but still…I guess you could say that the pain you felt when you got punched would have been ten times worse if it were a yukman, probably punch right through you” Well that was an unpleasant thought, still now that his Da was close Robin could see the look of pride in his Da’s eyes and simply nodded. Whatever he did during that fight it certainly seemed to impress his Da well enough?

Robin….listen to me lad, that fight you fought. You did yer best boy, let no one tell you anything different! Believe me lad, losin’ is just that part of life you have to bear and accept. Can’t fully enjoy success if ye don’t know how failure feels, ye can’t even understand others well too if ye can’t sympathize with failure.” Hjalgrad patted his son’s head as he offered him a gentle smile and sat besides him. Robin wondered what his Da was thinking about as he seemed to gain a far off look in his eye.

Loss can be a painful horrible thing, but without it we don’t grow stronger boy. It’s one of those things we have to overcome, ye understand? Don’t let such a small one bother ye so much, use what ye learned from it ta grow stronger, let the you of tomorrow grow stronger, yeah?

Robin slowly nodded, giving his Da a yes. With a look of satisfaction his Da left the room, probably to go fetch the boy some food. Robin lied back on his bed and sighed, he still felt bitter about the loss….but it tasted less fowl right now.

'[i]Guess tomorrow is a stronger Robin, yeah?[/color]'
Languages spoken:

Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Child-Sized Fight

Postby Avarice on October 21st, 2014, 6:39 am

Robinson

Skill Points
Observation +5
Unarmed Combat +3
Endurance +3
Intimidation +1
Acrobatics +1
Rhetoric +1
. .
Lore
Sunberth is less gloomy in Spring
Unarmed Combat: Trying to Get a Good Hit In
Endurance: Never Let the Enemy Know That You're Hurting
Endurance: Fighting Through Pain
The Sting of Defeat
What Hurts More: My Pride or My Body?
Words of Wisdom: Losing is Apart of Life

Stuff?
Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • N/A
Comments

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to shoot me a PM. Furthermore, please edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade. Thank you.
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)