PM to join [The Sanctuary] Equinox Magic Preplanned

Kavala decides to throw a bit of a shindig to chase the midfall blues away.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Sanctuary] Equinox Magic Preplanned

Postby Kavala on October 4th, 2014, 3:23 am

Timestamp: 15th of Autumn, 514 AV

Kavala had put an add into the labor aid office... one with a very specific purpose. She wanted to throw an Equinox Party that honored several Gods and invited the mind to be delighted. And to do so, Kavala decided she needed special help. The advertisement was very simple.

Wanted:

One individual willing to take the time to help plan and manage the events leading up to and during a private Equinox Party to celebrate the magic and mystery in life. The individual should have experience or interest in managing a menu, booking musicians, decorating, and assisting in pulling off a whole host of myth and magic to liven up the autumn equinox and to celebrate the shortest day of the year in style. Events for both adults and children will be carried out so applicants need to be child friendly as well.

Compensation: To be discussed based on experience and ideas.

The office had responded with a note saying that someone was coming over today to discuss the possible employment... what was involved and how much the job would pay. Kavala was excited. Cadra had the children, and so she was free to entertain when the visitor arrived. Slated to arrive at midday exactly, Kavala was waiting out in the courtyard under the guise of doing some last minute weeding of the flower beds that lined the medicinal gate where the potential party planner was supposed to meet. From there, Kavala had no qualms of entertaining the potential party planner either in the new greenhouse or in one of the gardens since the weather was cooperating.

The Konti had a journal with her that had a ton of handwritten notes in it including ideas for a maze, fortune tellers, and a whole host of scary events designed to delight and enlighten guests.

She was determined to host a good party. And she wanted to make sure it had enough to draw some of the finer denizens of Riverfall out the gates to be entertained.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ae'lore on October 6th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Honestly, this was quite unlike her.

Times in Riverfall had been strange of late and Rhissa had been more unbearable than ever. Today there seemed to be no end to her uncharacteristic excitement and Ae'lore found it difficult to maintain some semblance of control of her temple's interior while making her way towards the Sanctuary. She was answering an advertisement on Rhissa's behalf; her sister had been quite insistent that they seize this opportunity and had assured her she was bursting with ideas. Liar. This was just a ruse to get an excuse to extend her pranks to the innocent denizens of Riverfall, though Ae'lore wouldn't waste the effort on trying to refuse. She might as well indulge her sister, just this once.

Ae'lore counted twelve times. Twelve times, she'd changed her mind while covering the distance between the city and the Sanctuary. Two miles well spent, the two women sharing the space bickering back and forth the entire way. Never once did she turn to walk back, though she seriously considered it when faced with the view of the building up close. Stopping just shy of the main entrance, the Akontak took some time to simply admire the structure itself. It was bigger than she'd initially imagined, and along came a slight issue; finding her way through to the courtyard where the meeting was set to take place.

... Well inside, it didn't actually take long for the pair to navigate their way to the courtyard. Recollections of brief directions guided Ae'lore's steps until, eventually, she found herself wandering across the courtyard. For being such a large place, it seemed oddly barren beyond the neighing of horses nearby. If she didn't already have an appointment, Ae'lore might've taken more time to properly investigate the premises but, for now, her focus fell on the Konti. Her approach was purposeful, and she took care to add extra weight to her steps as if to announce her presence. "Am I in the right place? For the meet to plan the Equinox Party?"
Ae'lore
Player

Words: 16645
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2014, 4:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kavala on October 12th, 2014, 6:06 pm

Kavala smiled, walking out to meet the woman. She offered her hand and gave the Akontak her name. "Of course. You are right on time! I'm Kavala Denusk and I'm so glad you answered my advertisement for a coordinator. I'm so busy these days but I want to still celebrate the Equinox with some sort of carnival and perhaps a dinner party that has a slight twist to it. What do you want to do first? Sit down and share some ideas... or would you like to walk around and look at the site and get some ideas as to what you have to work with?" Kavala said, looking thoughtful.

"I'd like to keep my private home private. I know it sounds a bit strange, but the majority of it is underground and spacious. We could decorate it and use it if we need too though, I'm not set on keeping it off limits. But above ground here, we have the clinic, the new healers college which has dorms, a mess hall, a kitchen, and the healing clinic itself.. even the infirmary. Plus we have barns, the greenhouse, the meeting hall - which might be the perfect spot to host the party - and a million gardens, the pool etc... so just tell me where and how you want to start this, and I'll fill you in on some of my ideas as we walk... if that's agreeable?" Kavala said, clearly excited by the prospect of hosting an 'event' in Riverfall and having it work out nicely for an equinox celebration. She was also clearly excited about having someone to help her with all the planning and maybe get her organized as well.

Kavala was willing to discuss pay as well, anything as an incentive to see this done right. "I have a budget of a thousand Miza's for the event, plus there's a nice salary of 300 GM for the organizer. That salary needs to include the decorations, music, entertainment, extra staff, and anything else we might need for the event." The Konti said, really wanting to emphasize to the Akontak how important this needed to be.

"Oh.. and I'm going to need your name. I'm sorry... I didn't give you time to get a word in edgewise. I've just been really excited about hosting this." The Konti said, pointedly finally quieting down so Ae'lore could speak.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ae'lore on October 28th, 2014, 12:34 am

There was no hesitation as Ae'lore took and shook the Konti's hand in greeting. She politely fixed her eyes in front of Kavala's without directly meeting her gaze, swallowing her own introduction for the moment since the woman continued to speak. The excitement was admirable and caused a stir in Ae'lore's chest, her sister mirroring Kavala's enthusiasm much to Ae'lore's dismay. She struggled to keep a straight face, putting considerable effort into staying put and subduing the swarm of butterflies fluttering about inside her tummy.

Once Kavala quieted down, the Akontak prepared herself to give her own introduction by forcefully shoving Rhissa back into her passenger seat--the effort alone had her rubbing her temples. "Well... Nothing wrong with being excited. That should make it much easier." Pausing for a second to grimace as if her head was throbbing, Ae'lore then proceeded. "My name is Ae'lore."

And that's about as long as Ae'lore was permitted to stick around. The pained grimace was blown away, lifted from her face at the turn of a single second. It was replaced with a wide, toothy grin and her eyes narrowed to emphasize on the mischievous glimmer, her posture immediately becoming more forward. Closing in by a short step before dramatically curtseying before Kavala, the Akontak spoke again. "And Rhissa! Since she's set on being a bore," she begun while tapping the side of her head demonstratively, "we'll be spending some time together instead. My sister doesn't have the same appreciation for festivities, so it beats me why she insisted on walking us all the way here at all."

Straightening and taking a short step back to her original position, Rhissa started rubbing her hands together. "We can discuss more ideas as we walk. Let's start with the barn, shall we? I worked on some basic ideas on the way here, but we need a better idea of the details of the locale."
Ae'lore
Player

Words: 16645
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2014, 4:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets