Solo Hunting a lost prey

Tracking the people who he let live to finish the job

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Hunting a lost prey

Postby Lo'campo on October 10th, 2014, 10:36 pm

80th Fall, Sunberth 514A.V

The market was crowded this evening with it's usual bustling about of the common folk. He really didn't know what he was doing out other than enjoying he sunset with a walk about the city. There was nothing better to do at the Quarter, Minerva was teaching the orphans how to speak Kontinese, and there was no trouble being caused that he knew about. Silver hair that had now grown in length reaching past his back and over his shoulders, he brushed it out of the way so he would be able to see anything that may have been coming his way. A small breeze blew into his face, leaves scurrying across the ground. There was nothing to do at all now accepting boredom and leaning against a nearby building. Looking down at the ground he kicked rocks watching the feet of those that passed by when a limp caught his attention. Following the leg upward to it's owner, he watched the woman walk down the street at a slow pace. He knew her from somewhere, his memory trying to produce some form of information. Slowly but surely he recalled the five bandits that attacked the Quarter not too long ago.He gave chase, quickly walking through the crowd while keeping his distance so he wouldn't be suspicious as well as throwing the hood of his robe onto his head so he couldn't be easily identified. The journey to where ever the slow walking woman was going was a long one. Her leg slowing her down drastically. He was surprised that she had gotten this far without...

His words being spoken too soon. Rounding a corner moving away from the bustling city, he watched as a group of thieves surrounded the woman, teasing and taunting at her. She hissed at the men trying to scare them off, but her leg spoke too loudly for her trick to work. Lo'campo had half a mind to leave her where she was to die, it was what she deserved for trying to kill him, but seeing the woman unable to fully defend herself put a soft spot in his heart, other than the fact that he didn't want anyone taking what he rightfully claimed. A sword rose up at the ready for an attack. Making one big movement, Lo'campo rose up behind the man proceeding to pick him up and bring him to the ground limp and motionless. Thinking twice about raising their swords to the blue giant, his companions turned heel. "Thank you sir, I don't know where I would have been if you didn't show up. What is your name so I can thank you properly?" What was he to say? Was he to tell her his name? Was he to lie? It didn't matter, he was going to kill her anyways so it wouldn't matter if she knew it or not. "Sir?" she asked again trying to get a look under his hood to which he turned away. "Deianis." he asnwered using the second half of his birth name. "Well Deainis, I thank you. Care too walk me the rest of the way home? I don't think I can take on any of those petching scum with a hurt leg. He hesitated before he answered, not sure what to do. On one hand if he helped her, that was a free invitation to her house, thus cutting out the trouble of breaking in and risking being caught. On the other hand if she recognized him then the whole plan could be lost...She did have a point as well. If any more goons jumped out there's no telling...."Yes."
He answered walking over and scooping the woman up.

Her body was soft and warm against his hardened muscles. The walk there was a quiet one that consisted of her pointing in what directions to go and him trying to keep his face hidden from being seen. Eventually though they arrived at her residence. Thank you again Deianis, you are such a gentleman." Nodding his head he stopped to catch his breath. Oh my I'm sorry, would you like a drink? You must be tired from carrying me all this way." With a panting nod, he walked into her home. "Good, inside." Following her through to the kitchen, he sat at the table awaiting her to return with a drink. He knew that it would take her a while to return due to her injury, so he took the time to do a quick glance through the house reassuring that there was no one here to put him at the scene. "If I could ask, what happened to your leg that it's injured so badly?" Not that he had already knew. "Oh..umm, I was walking into the gates when a horse kicked me in the leg and I got run over by the carriage. It's pretty sore from my own negligence, but I will be ok, thank you for asking." "Wow she was a good liar." If he hadn't already known the truth, he probably would have believed it himself. "Yea, I can only imagine how much that would hurt if that really had happened." he spoke now ready to kill the woman. "Excuse me? What do you mean Deianis? He gave a smirk as he stood up from the table slowly making his way over to the woman. "My name isn't Deianis, it's Lo'campo and I am the Akalak that you and your accomplishes tried to kill not too long ago." Removing the hood from his head he watched as her eyes filled with shock and fear. Hand to throat in a quick movement stopping her from letting out a cry for help.

Picking her up with one hand and pinning her against the wall, he applied pressure to her damaged leg. "Your buddy hit you pretty hard with that club for it to be still hurt. Speaking of buddies, how about you tell me where the other four are?" He watched as her pale face turned into a bright red, her eyes looking as if they were going to pop out of her head. Giving a sigh, he released his grip on her neck allowing her to catch air. "Where are they?" he asked again putting more of his weight onto her leg. A tear rolled down her face in pain. "You can make this stop, all you have to do is write down their names and I will be on my way. He watched as she squirmed trying to get her leg free, but he knew that it or she wasn't going anywhere. "I..I don't know their names. She stuttered out through the pain. "Oh really now? You know I heard somewhere that pain can remind a person of a vivid memory from when they were but an infant. So I don't think that you would have any trouble seeing that it wasn't that far away....Then again...I'm no doctor." Taking his lakan out he began writting his full name into her damaged leg. I can sit here all night dear. My name is Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo, and I don't think I know how to spell. Digging into her skin he watched as she let out a silent scream, her face showing pain like no other while not a sound came from her mouth. "No? Nothing yet?" he asked before he returned to jabbing his blade into her. "I...I. d.don't know th. their names, we didn't converse names. We just met at The Pigs Foot tavern." she sobbed out. He stayed quiet looking at the woman giving a smile of sympathy to the woman. He felt her heart rate lessen as she now calmed down. Stroking her hair he spoke. See, now was that so hard? The pain therapy is working though and I need more information." Lifting up his lakan, the failing of her arms signalling that she knew more made him stop. "I..I..can draw. I know what they look like. I ...I know where they live. I had to deliver the plans to them so no one would catch on. I can draw, I can draw, oh by the hands that I was born with I can draw. Satisfied with her answer, he released the pressure put onto her and allowed her to obtain the materials needed. Watching her closely as she sketched his targets one by one. tears falling onto the paper.Impressed by her skill, he tucked the artwork away for reference. Lakan coming from out of his robes he approached the woman. Her eyes widened again. "No..No please don't...Please. I'm sorry, for everything. There was no food what did you expect? Lo'campo please no please. I saw the gentle side of you, you are a good guy, please. "I'm sorry but you know who I am and what I look like let alone my intentions. I cannot risk you talking to anyone."

"No, no I wont talk to anyone at all. I learned my lesson, I want to leave this cursed city and all my sins, I want to start anew, just please?" Lo'campo took another step forward causing the woman to knock over a vase crashing onto the table. The sound of an infant caught his attention. He looked to the room, she looked to him, he looked to her, she looked to the room. He could see the pain in her face as she crawled for the door. He sat and watched the woman make little progress other than speeding up the blood flow from her leg. Giving a sigh and taking a step over her, he walked into the room picking up the baby and returning. Shhh, Shhh, it's ok. You're ok. Just a loud noise is all. I'm sorry that I woke you up. Hey, warriors don't cry, we fight. Our tears are our fists." He spoke softly soothing the child until it quieted. "Please, please i'm sorry, I will do what ever you want, just please my baby. Kill me if you really need be, I need to pay for my sins, just don't harm my baby." He looked at the infant then to it's mother. "You want your mother?" he spoke to the child bouncing it up and down in his arms. A laugh from the child put a smile on his face. "What if..what if I gave you someone that was just as bad as I was? No, worse. What if I could find some one that could take my place, then would that work?" "It doesn't work like that, I am not a serial killer. I don't do this for pleasure. I do it so bad people can stop doing bad things." The despair in the mothers eyes made him stop short. He knew what it was like to live without a mother, to be the reason why she was not around. It was against his code true, but he had already taken one mother from this world, he wasn't taking another. "Who is it?" he asked trying to get it over with before he came to his senses. "He is a thief, he breaks into houses and rapes women and steals. He used to steal from the place we battled before he stopped. You must have been the reason why. He has been here before but my neighbors would come save me from him whenever he would show." Taking out another sheet of paper and pencil, she sketched another picture of the man holding it out as if it were her entire life's savings. Taking the picture, Lo'campo handed her the baby. Tears began to roll down her face once again as she clutched her child when the Akalak pulled out his lakan once more and went towards her abdomen. "Calm down, I may kill, but I am a man off my word if nothing else." Cutting the fabric from her shirt, he cleaned and poorly bandaged her leg. "There, now this is the first time that I have EVER done this for anybody, thank your child and consider yourself lucky, but if I even think that you may have said anything about me, then I will return. You break your word, I break mine...You said that you are leaving this place...I suggest you take the first ship out to Syliras." With that being said he put his hood back over his head and emerged back out into the darkness of the night. He could here the woman's sobs and thank yous toward him for sparing her life. He didn't have time to be a life changer, he had people to look for.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Hunting a lost prey

Postby Vanari on December 16th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Lo'Campo
Observation +2 XP
Stealth +1 XP
Wrestling +1 XP
Subterfuge +1 XP
Weapon: Lakan +1 XP
Torture +1 XP
Interrogation +2 XP
Childcare +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores :
  • Saving a Victim of Vengeance
  • Showing Mercy for the Sake of a Babe
  • A New Lead on Bandits

Notes :
Good job!

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to edit your grade request as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)