Would you like some Salsa with that Cat? (Verduth & Keorvic)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

50th Day of Fall, 510 AV

Akiva ran her hands down the length of her body as she swayed back and forth to the tune Keorvic played. A cup sat in front of her and a bowl in front of Keorvic. Not that they were necessarily poor, to dance and play in the streets of Sunberth, they just found it mildly entertaining to do so.

It was evening, and she wore her red dancing dress as she danced on the side of the streets. Her feet were bare, but this only added to the seductive look she possessed. Few people had put their coin in her cup, and few in Keorvic's bowl. The crowd was thin tonight, and few of that crowd opted to pay for their looks. Akiva enjoyed dancing though, and being with her lover, even if she was selling the sight of herself to any one who passed by.

She twirled, holding her dress as she did, as a group of men passed by. They stared at her briefly, traded some smirks, and went along their way without dropping anything into her cup. She bent down in an artistic move and came back up with the bottom of her dress, showing off her leg.

She supposed that maybe if she did something other than dancing as well, more people would be attracted. Maybe she could strip as well, or sing. She wasn't quite willing enough to do that for the amount of mizas she was bringing in though, but if she had a reason she might be willing to exert more of herself for others entertainment. She would often perform for Keorvic, though in a slightly different manner. In the streets of Sunberth, she would keep her clothes. This was not the case when she was alone with Keorvic. She smiled to herself and twirled again, her dress whirling through the air around her. She laughed and spun faster. Dancing was never just about swindling money from the people of Sunberth, dancing was exciting and lively, especially in a place as dangerous as this.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Verduth on October 21st, 2010, 10:01 pm

Verduth hummed to himself as he strolled down the street. Tonight was a good night to wander the city. He had told Keres that he was on the prowl for his little group's next performance spot, though admittedly, he just liked to explore. It didn't matter how long he'd been in Sunberth, he still hadn't seen all of the city and wasn't that half the point of leaving the Pyve when he did?

He casually turned a corner, staying close to the walls where he was less likely to get stepped on, and could hear music in the distance. He followed the music because where there was music, there would be someone to play it. It took him some time to make it down the street at his pace but when the musician came into view, Verduth was doubly pleased to find someone dancing along. What fun that must be! An impromptu dance seemed like a wonderful idea, but no one else was joining in. they must not understand what was going on.

Though Verduth had never danced before, this looked like a supremely good time to learn and maybe others would catch on if he joined in. He quickened to a jog, dodging legs and feet before skidding to a halt near the dancer.

"My dear lady! You do know how to have a good time don't you!" With that comment the little clay man started to mimic her movements to the best of his ability. Luckily, he had no sense of embarrassment as his movements looked more like flailing than dancing.
Avatar by: Can't remember, trying to find it.

This character has been abandoned. Please consider any open threads with him to be finished. I'm sorry but I haven't found the time to finish them.
Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Words: 27108
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 9:08 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Keorvic on October 22nd, 2010, 3:05 am

Keorvic watched the street as much as he could to make sure that nothing untoward happened to his partner. Akiva was quite good at what she did, even if it was because she seemed more willing to show off her body than because she had excelent dance moves. Thats not to say she wasn't a good dancer, but from what Keorvic could tell, the people in Sunberth were probably not very interested in the art of the dance.

He still wasn't sure why Akiva had set out her own cup for people to put money in; the bowl he had was plenty big for the pucket change people were occasionally dropping in it. He took a moment to empty out what little money was in it so that it wouldn't become too tempting a target for any snatchers nearby. There were more rocks than coins in his bowl, and he glared at the pedestrians around him. "Greedy, stinking, uncultured jackasses, every one." he thought as he put his pennywhistle back up to his lips and took up the lively dancing tune again.

With a completely nonmusical sigh, he turned his eyes back to Akiva. At least she was always fun to look at. Suddenly, confusion set it. There seemed to be a small clay doll doing it's best to imitate Akiva's movements. Sudden clarity set in, and he realized it must be a pycon. Keorvic had never encountered such a creature before. With a shrug, he continued to play. It was talking to Akiva, not him, and curiosity had only ever rewarded him with pain in this city.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 22nd, 2010, 1:34 pm

Akiva stopped abruptly as something small called out to her. She bent down again to see what it was, as from her height, it appeared to be a mass of clay. At closer inspection though, the clay was shaped into the form of a tiny person with a top-hat. Akiva had never seen anything like this before. He appeared to be...dancing, though she had no idea why. She looked the figure over then picked it up with a delicate gloved hand and held it before her face.

"What is this? Are you alive?" She asked the thing, lifting a hand to poke it, but decided against it. She concluded that if the thing was dancing, it had to be alive. She nodded to herself, as if in understanding.

"My name is Akiva. I dance for money, sometimes, or for fun. I have never seen such an interesting fan," she said, noting the oddly formal dress of the small model.

"Keorvic, have you ever seen anything like this? It's a little clay person," she said to her lover in awe, turning to face him. She turned back to the clay person again. "What is one as small as you doing in a place like this?" She said, waving her hand around to indicate the city of Sunberth. Sunberth was a dangerous place, and if those around here were willing to pick on a human that was smaller than them, there was no telling what they would do to one this small. It couldn't have been safe for the small man to wander around by himself.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Verduth on October 22nd, 2010, 2:11 pm

Verduth wasn't sure he was ever going to get over the unique sensation of being lifted into the air, though it seemed to be becoming a regular occurrence for the little clay man. He held on to his top hat, though there was no risk of it coming off since it was a part of him. The lady seemed to be about to poke him with her finger. Had she never seen a Pycon before? Or perhaps she just like poking squishy things.

"I say madame! Of course I'm alive. I'm a Pycon, the beloved of Harameus!" He tried to perform a bow in her hand. "And you may call me Verduth." He waited while she made her side comment to the musician. He would wave at the man if it was possible. "And how are you sir?" He'd shout.

"A dancer you say? And here I thought you just liked the music! I am out in the city to search for something, and it seems I've found you." He grinned at her, there'd be a twinkle in his eye if he had only had the eyes to twinkle, but alas, he was made of clay which most certainly would not produce a twinkle.

"Have you and your associate ever considered performing with a group?"
Avatar by: Can't remember, trying to find it.

This character has been abandoned. Please consider any open threads with him to be finished. I'm sorry but I haven't found the time to finish them.
Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Words: 27108
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 9:08 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 22nd, 2010, 2:26 pm

Akiva still had the small man in the palm of her hand, he waved to Keorvic as she spoke to him, and explained and introduced himself to her. She had never heard of these Pycon, and the other being he had mentioned. "Hara...what?" She waved her other hand, other important things had been mentioned.

Her eyes glittered at the prospect, dancing beautifully in front of crowds of people, ending in a dramatic drop to her knees, having roses thrown at her from her adoring fans. Her hand moved to her forehead in a dramatic motion with her thoughts, as if she had forgotten where she was. She quickly snapped back to reality.

"A performing group! What Kind of performing group? Oh that sounds sooooo fun," she lightly hopped from one foot to the other, careful not to drop the small Pycon. "Keorvic! Can we join them? Can we, can we, can we? Oh it sounds so fun!" A smile lit her face and she looked closer at the small man.

"Verduth, is it? Tell me more about this group," She asked, faking calmness. She was ecstatic inside, being invited to join something fun and new, and something that would allow people to watch her do what she though was fun. She really hoped that Keorvic would say yes, as she gave him the final say on most things. She wondered if he would perform too, maybe he could play music for her. Or maybe she could make him dress up in costumes and dance with her. She giggled at the thought, shattering her mask.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on October 24th, 2010, 7:37 pm

"what sort of things would we be doing in such a group? I mean, I can play this pennywhistle, and Akiva can dance the pants off of any man, but niether of us are munch of an attraction." keorvic was trying not to be too openly hostile or suspicious, but frankly, he couldn't believe that such a situation would walk down the street and come to them, especially in this town.

He turned back to the bowl and picked it up and pocketed the one small coin in it. He looked around to make sure that they weren't attracting the wrong kind of attention. Nobody seemed to care, fortunately.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet