Closed A Place to Call Home

Firenze become familiar with her new home.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Place to Call Home

Postby Amon Torque on October 22nd, 2014, 2:08 am

He watched her as she began to shuffle through her things, a small smile danced across his lips at her sudden attention to his words. He was proud that she thought his job was interesting, for not many did. His eyes gleamed into hers as she looked up, a single strand of hair swiping across her face playfully, drawing his attention from side to side.

A small burst of wind blew through the forest, leaves shaking loudly up above in harmony with the musical chirps that echoed across the forest. Amon looked up at the trees, laughing slightly as a bright red leaf fluttered from side to side as it fell and then came to a stop on his face. His lips pursed as he made a small blow outward, a gentle push of air that led the leaf to the ground. The light brown eyes flicked back down to his companion, giving off a flirtatious glance as they watched the breeze gently thread between her long locks of fiery hair.

Her musical voice intertwined with the drumming leaves above, and as Amon heard her speak his heart fluttered slightly, "Yeah, I've been around, I just never really got out much. I used to live at the orphanage but I recently just got my own place." Amon's eyes crinkled slightly, a warm smile mirroring hers flashed back at her, ears perked up, preparing for her next words. "I do hunt. Well, I try to anyway," Amon thought about pointing out her luck may change if she actually used a weapon, for he saw none. The thought echoed bqck and forth in his mind, realizing how strange that was. Her story seemed to tear at the seams sligtly, but Amon tried to ignore it, realizing that ignorance is bliss. And he wanted bliss, for the moment at least, and if that left a crucial fact about the beautiful woman out of the story, so be it. For now at least.

Amon uttered a small chuckle, finding it funny she left her hunting to lady luck, "I wouldn't say I'm very good at it, just get lucky sometimes." Amon made a small flex again, just enough to draw her attention back to his body, subconsciously trying to whittle away the walls blocking attraction to the point where it would be broken. He watched as she began to search more frantically through her clothes, his eyes and face began to coat over with concern at her state of urgency, what is she looking for? He kneeled down close to her, just a foot away and close enough to notice the inner frustration playing across her face. "If you want, I'd really like to learn anything you would be willing to teach me about herbs. I have no idea how to look for or use them. I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a weed or...well, any herb!" His eyes remained concerned, attempting to lock with hers but finding it futile in her current state of frenzied searching, "If you're willing to teach me a few things, I would try catching some rabbits for you? What do you need them for? Magic?"

His body recoiled slightly at the word, it was not a subject you threw around without absolute necessity, but he quickly regained his cool, noticing her eyes flick back toward his as she uttered a quick "nothing bad I hope?" before turning her attention back to the task of searching for whatever she was looking for. His head nodded from side to side, eyes looking over the basket and boots to try to understand whatever she was searching for. He looked into her eyes which were welling up with tears and laid a hand down gently on her shoulder as reassuringly as he could, listening closely as her lips parted, "okay, before I start going into a panic, do you happen to have my locket? Please, say that you do?"

Amon thought back carefully to when he had first seen the glint of metal shining in the hole by the roots, thinking he must have picked it up. His hand flew to his bag, reaching in and pulling out the neckless and offering it to her. "Yes to all everything except for the evil intentions. I need the horns of the rabbits to make some tools for my herb work, my current ones are alright, but the antlers can be filed down to the exact things I need." He smiled apologetically toward her for having forgotten to give her the neckless throughout the exchange. His cheeks blushed slightly, and eyes locked with hers, glowing with more gold flecks than before.
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Words: 79602
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2014, 6:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Place to Call Home

Postby Firenze on October 24th, 2014, 12:08 am

7 Fall, 514 AV

She reached out and snatched the locket from his hand after he pulled it out of his bag. Sighing with relief, she plunked her bottom on the ground and slipped the necklace over her head, "I'm so glad you had it." She rubbed the worn metal between her fingers, feeling the small dents and nicks. Firenze grabbed her things she threw all over the ground and started to get dressed. If she wanted to learn about herbs it probably best that she was dressed while they walked around, in case they ran into anyone.

She looked over to Amon, "I'm not sure how well I'll be able to catch them and it might take me awhile, how many are you needing? You'll be turning the antlers into tools? Is that to help you mix your herbs?" Slipping her cloak over her shoulders and clasping it she walked over to Amon and put her arm in his. She had just met him but she already felt they were becoming friends and didn't think he would mind. She was ready to go where ever he needed to, to show her the different herbs.

She looked over at him and watched his curls bouncing around in the breeze. "If you let me know how many antlers you'll need I can try to work on getting them for you. If you only need the antlers, would you mind if I kept the meat or would you like that as well?" Firenze was excited to make new friends and it made her feel giddy. She bounced a little next to him, excited for the new adventure.

She looked down and realized that she had forgot to grab the basket. She slipped her arm out from his and stepped forward quickly, swiping up the basket in her hand and swinging it around. She linked her arm back with his and looked over and smiled at him, "Okay! I'm ready! Show me some good stuff!" She smiled, her eyes turning up at the sides.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Place to Call Home

Postby Amon Torque on October 24th, 2014, 1:18 am

Wow, that was a quick grab. Must mean something big to her. Maybe as big as my bracelet? he thought as he heard her speak of uncertain hunting, absentmindedly fiddling with the charms on the metal band, turning them over and running his fingers over the surface of each, knowing which was which instinctually.

His eyes brightened, opening a bit wider with his smile, his mind returning as the gears turned in his head. "Depending on the size of each, I would say four rabbits, and no. I do not need the meat, feel free to sell it," he said, voice trailing off slightly as his gaze wandered around the emerald leaves illuminated above, "I will use them to cut, to grind, smash, stir, and to file down the herbs, depending on what the herb is."

His defenses went up for a moment as she stood up quickly and proceeded to come within close proximity of him, making his body tense and springing the weight of his body to the balls of his feet. He relaxed as she reached her arm through his, linking them together. He looked over her face, gazing into her wonderful eyes as she spoke, hair swaying to and fro as she spoke, making subtle movements of with her head as she did so. He turned his head back to her, feet beginning to move slowly, signaling the departure was about to begin. His face offered a quick wink and a grin before turning back to look over the surrounding area, trying to find something to satisfy her hunger to learn more.

He was lucky, spotting the telltale signs of a Brinetooth bush, which was at peak harvest. His pace quickened slightly, pulling at the link betweens arms gently as the pair moved, bodies bumping into each other every once in awhile. He bent to pick a few of the blue berries, holding out a small handful to his companion for her to examine, "These Brinetooth berries are helpful to nearly everybody, they restore energy when made right. Help me harvest this bush would ya?" His hands began to move, gathering the healthy berries and gently setting them in his basket.
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Place to Call Home

Postby Firenze on October 25th, 2014, 8:28 pm

7 Fall, 514 AV

"Depending on the size of each, I would say four rabbits, and no. I do not need the meat, feel free to sell it," Amon told her while he looked up at the trees, she followed his gaze thinking that there might be something he wanted to show her in the branches, "I will use them to cut, to grind, smash, stir, and to file down the herbs, depending on what the herb is." He looked back at her leading her back through the forest, she watched his eyes scanning around. They walked slowly for a little while, while he looked around. When he found what he was looking for he picked up the pace and pulled her along with him.

They approached a bush that was a mass of thick branches and leaves on a small bush, and had bright little blue berries on it. Amon bent and grabbed a couple of the berries in his hand and rolled them around a little, he held his hand out and showed here the berries. Firenze grinned, eyes widening, she squatted next to him, stuck her finger out and pushed on one of the berries. It gave way under the pressure of her finger and juice and seeds went flying all over Amon's hand. In her excitement she got a little carried away and started to grab them off of the bush and squish them between her fingers, little blue berry bombs exploding their flavorful juice all over the bush, her clothes and hands. "These Brinetooth berries are helpful to nearly everybody, they restore energy when made right. Help me harvest this bush would ya?"

"Sure! They're so much fun to play with! What food isn't good for you that you can't play with," she laughed and popped a few more berries. The juice started to stain her skin and her fingers were covered in blue and purple splotches and the tips of her fingers were completely stained. Amon took some of the berries off the bush and reached to put them in the basket that she was still holding. She set the basket on the ground and started grabbing at the berries with both hands and throwing them roughly into the basket. Some of them didn't make it to the basket cause they exploded and the juices were making the skins of the berries stick to her hands.

"Who knew herbs could be so much fun?" She laughed and kept pulling at the berries until the basket was overflowing. "I hope that's enough! That's a lot of berries! Can you eat them? Do they taste good?"
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Place to Call Home

Postby Amon Torque on October 25th, 2014, 9:54 pm

She reached out her hand, pushing on the berry until the sticky mess exploded onto his hand. He laughed at that, then continued to grin and shook his head slightly as she popped them in her hands one after another successively, clearly having more fun than anyone else would have. "They're so much fun to play with! What food isn't good for you that you can't play with," she said, receiving a slight cock of a head from Amon, confused at the statement. So she hunts nude with no weapons and plays with her food, strange. Very strange. He looked at her quizzically, as if asking for a little more explanation, but he received none.

She began to actually put berries in the basket, which surprised him, for he was starting to think she would squish them all before the sun was down. Her hands moved quickly, throwing the berries in with the opposite of care Amon used as he tucked them into the basket gently, making sure he squished none in the process. "Who knew herbs could be so much fun?" she laughed, and Amon grinned, he thought he was alone in that sense, afterall, who else could love plants except for the people that sold them? "I hope that's enough! That's a lot of berries! Can you eat them? Do they taste good?" It was plenty of berries, luckily for him, they would be good to sell to slave owners, as much as he hated them, and to the exhausted laborers of Sunberth. Restoring strength means more time to work, and that meant earning more money for the poor, tired peoples.

He looked back into her bright eyes, popping a berry into his mouth, "they are too sweet to some people, but I love em." He pinched it between his teeth, then munched down on it, feeling the juice in his mouth. It was similar to that of a blueberry, but with a hint of blackberry, forming a sweet mix in his mouth. His taste buds sang with glee, liberated from there cells of the same foods everyday.

It was then that it hit him, a sudden picture flooding his mind. A cat with bright yellow eyes, sitting up on a branch in the city where it played with a root. She hunts with no weapon. Wears no clothes. Plays with her food. The bright eyes. She is like a cat. It had troubled him from the minute he realized she claimed to be hunting, but had no weapon. "Thats what you are, a cat," he said winking and grinning, gleeful at his discovery, although he thought it was just feline nature, not that she was a real cat. For that would be crazy...
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Place to Call Home

Postby Firenze on October 26th, 2014, 3:33 am

7 Fall, 514 AV

Amon looked into Firenze's eyes, put a berry into his mouth and chewed on it, "they are too sweet to some people, but I love 'em." He smiled a little and he chewed on it and she mimicked his motion. She grabbed one of the berries out of the basket and put it in her mouth and chewed slowly. She wasn't sure if she really liked the taste, it was kind of bitter to her and she didn't think that it would be something that she would eat on a regular basis, but if she was in need, it could come in handy.

She made a couple silly faces while she chewed on it and tried to figure out if she really liked it or not, swallowing the berry she almost choked when Amon looked at her and said, "That's what you are, a cat." He grinned and winked at her as if he'd figured out her secret. The color dropped out of her face and she just stared at him, coughing a little bit on the berry trying to keep it from going down the wrong pipe.

Firenze started to panic a little bit, she didn't know if he was just playing around or if he was serious. Did he figure it out? Does he know? What should I say? Should I tell him that I'm Kelvic? Firenze! What if he kills you! She hadn't been worried when she'd first met him, because he thought that she was a strange girl in the middle of the forest. He didn't seem to want to hurt her because he'd actually brought her things back to her, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try to kill her if she changed.

She stared at him for a moment, unsure of what to say. She looked down and started fiddling with the berries in the basket, "I suppose you guessed then. I am a cat... of sorts. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't to scare you or feel like you might get attacked or something. I know Sunberth is the kind of place where you have to watch your back and you can't really trust people... I didn't want you do think that you were in danger. You know?" She looked back at Amon, trying to see how he was assessing what she had just told him.

She was hoping that he still wanted to teach her herbs, after she had just confessed that she was Kelvic. She realized at a young age that most people would take her being Kelvic in a bad way. They would either try to hurt her or take her as a slave. She didn't want to be a slave, she liked being free. Well... as free as one could be in Sunberth.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Place to Call Home

Postby Amon Torque on October 26th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Amon grinned at her faces, laughing softly until he noticed her face dropping of color. His head cocked, looking concerned at her sudden apprehensive surprise. "Are you alright?" He asked softly, wondering what the sudden fright was about. Did she see something scary? He thought, rapidly scanning around them, head twisting as he glared into the bushes for the slightest threat that could have disturbed his new friend.

She began to hurriedly explain that he had 'guessed it', resulting in another more evident cock of the head as he tried to figure out what she was going on about. She hadn't wanted to scare me? His eyes widened in a snap, as he figured out what she was actually talking about. "You-your a Kelvic?" He asked, stuttering slightly, mouth slightly agape.

He closed it quickly, trying not to seem rude as he stared, "thats amazing! Your the first Kelvic I have met personally." He grinned as she told him she didn't want him to feel in danger, which he just shrugged in response to, still amazed that he had met such an interesting person. "No need to worry Fire," he said gently, feeling a new level of trust, "no need to worry. In fact, I have a bit of a secret myself. I use magic." He sighed, happy to have it off his shoulders but watching her face closely, "You want to come to my house? I can show you how to make these berries the right way, maybe show you the other methods fixing herbs up as well." He asked it with an innocent tone, trying not to deter his companion, watching her body launguage.
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Place to Call Home

Postby Firenze on October 27th, 2014, 9:17 pm

7 Fall, 514 AV

Watching him from the corner of her eye to see how he was going to react the information that she had just told him, "You-your a Kelvic?" He stuttered and starred at her, "that's amazing! You're the first Kelvic I have met personally." She looked over at him, surprised that he was taking things so well. She was figuring he's pull out his knife and stab her or at least wrap a collar around her neck and drag her home. She'd heard the stories, and most weren't good. She kept her eyes on him to see if he was just bluffing, if he was going to reach in his pocket and grab a knife... or leash.

Wincing when he spoke again, "no need to worry Fire," she tried to let herself relax and listen to what he was saying, "no need to worry. In fact, I have a bit of a secret myself. I use magic." Now, it was her turn to stare at him flabbergasted. Wasn't magic bad.. or can it be used for good too? She had never used or, in fact, seen magic. She'd only ever heard a few things about it. She stared at him for awhile, searching his face and trying to determine if he was, indeed, good. She decided after watching him for a bit that he wasn't going to hurt her. "You want to come to my house? I can show you how to make these berries the right way, maybe show you the other methods fixing herbs up as well," he sighed and watched her.

Should she go with him? She was interested in learning more about the herbs. She wasn't sure how long that interest would last, but it might be a good idea to have even a small grasp on the subject. She was either extremely naive or too trusting, and being in Sunberth that could get you killed, but she decided that learning about something that could potentially help her to get by later on down the road, was worth the risk. You didn't know how life would go from one day to the next, she could end up in a gutter dead this very afternoon, but having some knowledge to help her get a little further in life could be beneficial. If that meant escaping death by her teeth, well then... that's what she needed to do.

"Sure, I'll go," she watched him and was still a little on edge, "but, I can't stay long. Where do you live?" She would really like to have a friend in Amon, but did he want a friend in her? Or did he just want something else from her?
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Place to Call Home

Postby Amon Torque on October 28th, 2014, 2:26 am

He flashed a smile at her, "in Daggerhand area, an apartment over there. Its pretty close once we reach the city." His feet moved with a strange sense of freedom, making a slight dance of a walk as he weaved through trees, glancing back at Fire periodically to make sure she didn't get separated from him, considering his quick pace. "Whats it like? Moving from one form into another? Seems amazing, you get to be part of nature with the ingenuity and intelligence of people.

His mind was racing alongside his feet, thinking of all the people he may have met that could have been Kelvics, and he would never have known. He was lucky to have commented on her feline habits, for if he hadn't he would have sat there ignorantly thinking she was an average person, slightly strange but average enough.

He broke through wilderness and into broad daylight, hoping he had come out where he had intended. Amon saw the destroyed shacks that had been surviving the harsh nature of Sunberth for seemingly longer than he had, giving a clear indication of the city's close nature. He picked up his feet, allowing gravity to move him at full speed, nearly flying as he hopped down the hill, suspended in air longer than touching the ground.

It was gliding, or as close to gliding as a human could get at the time, until some gadgeteer came up with wings that allowed everyone to fly, but Amon doubted that was in the foreseeable future. So he enjoyed the wind bounding against his face and the light smacks against the ground with each foot while it lasted, which was not for long considering that the hill was short and steep.

He used the momentum gained to continue forward, slowly sputtering to a stop just outside the city, turning to see if his new tigress friend had followed in his quick steps across to the city.
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Place to Call Home

Postby Firenze on October 31st, 2014, 2:15 am

7 Fall, 514 AV

Amon smiled at her when he spoke, "in Daggerhand area, an apartment over there. Its pretty close once we reach the city." She knew about the Daggerhand, she didn't know much, but she knew of them, she tried to figure out if he was Daggerhand, weren't they supposed to have a mark of some kind? "Are you Daggerhand?" Just as she asked her question he asked his question, both of them curious about the other, "Whats it like? Moving from one form into another? Seems amazing, you get to be part of nature with the ingenuity and intelligence of people."

She'd never really thought about transforming, it just came naturally to her, just as eating or breathing came naturally to a person. She didn't feel different when she was in her tiger form than when she was in her human form. She tried to think of a way that she could explain it to him, trying to keep up with his fast pace so they could continue talking. "It doesn't really feel any different, it's actually hard to explain because I don't really think about it, except making sure to take my clothes and stuff off so I don't ruin them. It's just like one minute I'm human, I want to be in my other form and I just... am. I believe, that my colors show as a orange glow and black sparks emit from the glow as if bursting forth from the inside, and then I'm in my other form." She tried to smile at him, but he was at a very quick pace and she was starting to have a little bit of difficulty keeping up.

Finally stopping just on the edge of the city, Firenze bent over putting her hands on her knees, huffing, trying to take in deep breaths. She looked up to see that he was still standing next to her a smile on is face, excited to show her his place. She hope that she wasn't being led into a trap. Reaching back she checked to make sure her dagger was still by her side, incase it was a trap and she needed to use it. If not, she was excited to learn something new, she just hoped that it was easy to learn because she tended to get distracted easily.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext