Flashback A Lesson in Stabbing (Akua)

Tinnok has an opportunity to train with both of her brothers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

A Lesson in Stabbing (Akua)

Postby Tinnok on November 12th, 2014, 7:58 pm

"Many work to make sure both of their arms are as strong as another, but for some people who are experienced archers, it is better to focus on that one arm, just like one of mother's arms is stronger because of working with her hammer in the forge." Rarik explained. The siblings placed their bows in a pile and Tinnok, grateful that Akua wanted a different learning lesson, dropped to the ground, folding her legs beneath her.

"My birth weapon was a dagger." She said, tapping the few that lined her belt with a smile. As to Akua's next line of questioning, Tinnok had to take some time to think. "Navre is not exactly a God, he's not mortal like you or I, he is powerful and strong, but not as much as Caiyha or Myri. They call what Navre is, an Alvina. I think if they get old and strong enough Alvina can become Gods, but I am not sure. I do not think Caiyha has a mother, but Myri's mother was named Taloba, you of course know she wasn't always a Goddess and was once just like you, perhaps her mother wasn't very different from our own." She smiled, then pointed her finger up. "Kihala is the Goddess of life. I do not think Dira and her are sisters, but they are very close. I think Kihala visits Dira on Black Rock sometimes."

When Akua tried to make her feel better about missing Tinnok laughed. "You're very smart Akua, it is better to rest than push yourself too hard, that's how you get injured." She pat the ground beside her. "Sure, let's talk more about the Gods."

Though his younger brother annoyed him, Rarik couldn't help but smile when he offered him the club, claiming to not need it anymore. "Then set it down silly, no one's going to take it." He sat down in front of Tinnok and Akua so that the three made a little triangle, Tinnok racking her brain for more information to teach Akua.

"Have you learned about Makutsi, the Goddess of Rain? How about Syna and Leth?" She'd let him tell her what he knew before continuing. It seemed they would have a chance to discuss Siku after all, though the half breed did not relish the idea.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Akua on December 1st, 2014, 12:25 am

"Make both arms strong or focus on one arm? Which one should I do brother?" he asked the older male. He went to sit by his sister and nodded at her when she answered his question. "Right, I remember. You always win the the dagger, I can never beat you. Its not fair" he said throwing his arms up into the air as he laid on his back. He turned his head to listen to his older sister as she spoke of the gods. "Navre is strong and powerful? Is he a Myrian to?" he asked.

"I think Myri's mother was proud of her. More proud then our mother is of me..." he said pausing in between as he looked up to the canopy covered sky. "But she will be when I become a tiger rider! Then even Myri will be proud of me right?" A smile flashed brightly across the child's face. "Black Rock? Can we go to Black Rock? Can we see Dira?" he asked sitting up again and staring at his sister. The Myrian child was obsessed with Dira almost as much as he was with Myri. The Goddess of Death had always been a point of interest that he constantly bothered his father with any chance he got. "Why does Dira not live in Taloba with Myri?" he asked.

"Ma-ku-tsi? Uh. I have heard her name before but she is the one that brings the rain storms yes? During the really hot time." he said nodding his head. "Syna is the giant fire ball in the sky right? And Leth is Dira's beast. I think, thats what Reina said. She said that Leth was no more then a tool used by Dira." he tapped his chin and then looked at his brother. "But father says he is more. Though he hasn't told me what he means, he said something about Syna and Leth being lovers? Are they? Is Leth a warrior? If he is Dira's beast is he really strong? Does he like to fight?" he asked getting really excited. He turned his club over in his hands, touching the spikes with his fingers.

"Do you think I will every get to meet a god? Other then Myri? Do the outsiders pray to the same gods as we do?" he asked. "Have you ever seen an outside come here to try and prove themselves to Myri?" Akua's hatred of the outsiders was not uncommon among the Myrian. He was just another soon to be solider that would protect the city and her people with his life. He often dreamed of spilling outside and Dhani blood when he grew older. "Do the snake people and the fish people pray to gods?" he asked looking at his sister with quizzical eyes.

ImageImageImage
Akua
Wolfs Teeth of the Tempered Steel

Words: 25884
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tinnok on January 5th, 2015, 1:55 am

oocSorry for the obscene delay with this :(

The half breed barely got the chance to relax before Akua was bombarding a seemingly endless parade of questions at her, many of which she had an answer to but not all. To Akua's question, Rarik simply shrugged, stretching his legs as Tinnok began to do. "That is up to you, I'm sure people argue one is better than the other, but both have their merits. If one arm is very strong you will get good shots, but perhaps if that arm is injured, then what will you do?"

After the repeated shots her arms were quite sore, but they'd feel all the better if she stretched the rest of her body first and they last, so she began to massage her ankles, trying assess Akua's questions and sort out explanations in her mind.

"I do not know if Navre is Myrian, maybe he is part Myrian? It would explain why he is so close with us, why he gave us our tigers." She smiled at Akua's claim. "You will be a great rider one day, of this I have no doubt. Black Rock is pretty far away, I do not think we could simply make the journey now, but maybe you could travel there when you are older."[/color] Her lips pursed in thought. "Well, Black Rock is where Dira lives, she looks over Ghosts and things there, and...well I don't know why she doesn't live here, but I imagine they take some looking after over there.

Rarik passed her a water skin and Tinnok took a grateful swig in the middle of the answering session. "Makutsi is the Goddess of Rain, she brings the monsoons that keep everything so green. Ah...I do not know if Leth is Dira's servant, I did not know that, I think Kohl is probably right, there is more to him, Leth is God of the Moon, and Syna the Sun, so they are forever together and apart. I don't know if he likes to fight..."

"I think if you meet another God it will depend on if you seek them and if they seek you. Many people in Taloba are marked by more than Myri, you should follow what your heart tells you and who it leads you too." Rarik rolled his eyes, and Tinnok was eager to change the subject, not wanting to stay on the topic of worshiping Myri, when the harsh reality of her own situation with the Goddess was still a bright pain. "Do you know Dor'gen, the large Akalak? He was...well I mean he was born here, and his mother was Myrian, but he is an outsider, other than him...no I do not know of any."

And for the last question. Tinnok opened her mouth, closed it, then opened it again. 'The snake people' were a touchy subject, but a quick glance revealed that it was only the three of them around so she spoke. The Dhani worship Siku, she is a daughter of Caiyha, like Navre, and the one that made them, and also prevents us form killing the remaining Dhani in Zinrah witht he truce. I do not know if they pray to anyone else, and I am not sure who the fish people pray to, maybe Makutsi, or the Ocean God?"

Taking another swig of water Tinnok sighed heavily. "So many questions, how about we take a break for food?" Rarik nodded eagerly and began to sit up, Tinnok working to guide Akua towards some much needed sustenance.

oocI was thinking maybe a couple more posts and then we could wrap it up? We could always go back to training as well, I wouldn't mind.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Una Tanta on March 28th, 2015, 4:50 am

Tinnok :
Experience:
    Leadership +5
    Teaching +5
    Weapon: Archery +2
    Unarmed Combat +1
    Socialization +3

Lores:
    Family: Sibling Rivalry
    Rumour: Leth is Dira’s Servant
    Rumour: Navre is part Myrian

Akua grade withheld due to unpaid seasonal expenses and inactivity. If you return feel free to PM me to receive your grade. :)

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions or concerns ^-^
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous