Closed I don't know if you should be here...[Sayana]

Benoit is called out by the Knights for an investigation, leaving Bakar alone in the warehouse for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

I don't know if you should be here...[Sayana]

Postby Bakar on October 29th, 2014, 5:38 pm

I promise I'm not that scary..
Fall, 39, 514

Using his left hand, Bakar slowly began his examination of the body placed before him. Benoit had made the incision, Bakar unable to do it himself at this point. "Damn these muscles.." He whispered to himself. As if replying, his arm twitched and he nearly crushed the poor man's liver. After a moment to relax himself he continued working. It was slow and awkward with his left hand, but nescesary. Ever since his practice with the flute, he noticed that he had lost feeling in his right hand. He sighed and shook his head. "That was really stupid. It was too much for you. I know, I know. I'll need to bemore careful next time. There mind not be a next time, what if that lose is permanent?" This thought scared him. What if he changed bodies? Would that fix it? No, no probably not. It's not a physical problem. It would stick with him.

His mind had been going off and he was losing focus on the task at hand. He was to determine if there was any foul play in the cause of this traveler's death. It was an older man, the knights had him brought in as he collapsed nearing the main gates. Bakar couldn't notice any signs of poisoning or internal wounds. His heart had just seemed to stop. The man was older, but he didn't seem that old. Bakar wanted to examine his heart further, but that meant calling Benoit to help him. He didn't want to bother the man, but he figured that there was no other way. As he turned to call to him, the doors opened and a couple of knights walked into the warehouse.

Bakar got scared and nervous. What were they doing here? Is there something wrong? They called for Benoit, who made his way to them. They spoke quietly and Benoit nodded. The knights turned to leave and Benoit started towards Bakar. "There's been an accident, I'm told. I need to leave and help with the knight's investigation. I leave the warehouse to you. After you're done with this man you can just tidy up around here. I don't know how long I'll be." He said to him. Bakar nodded, no wanting to make him stay longer with his request. He watched as he made his way to the door. He was alone here, now, for the first time. It made him nervous. He shifted uncomfortably before turning back to the man.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself. He took the scalpel in his left hand and very, very slowly began the cut along the heart. He wanted to look into the chambers, to see if there was anything wrong with them. He knew what they should look like, now he just needed to see if they did look like that. It took him nearly two minutes to cut, while it would have taken him a fraction of that time with his right hand. As he examined the chambers he noticed something odd. Caught is the opening of the anterior Vena Cava was a small, black.. thing. He didn't know what it was, but he knew it shouldn't be there. Once again, with his left hand he took a pair of forceps and carefully extracted the mass. The first couple tries he missed the mass, ending up gently poking his heart. He took another deep breath and attempted to steady his hand. He got it. He placed the mass on a small tray. He should show it to Benoit when he returns. It might be important. He bit his lip and turned back to the man. Now was the fun job of stitching him back up with his left hand. "This may take a while.." He whispered to himself, and began his job.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Words: 136278
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Sayana on October 31st, 2014, 2:43 am

Sayana still had a bit of time to kill before her shift began at the Rearing Stallion. Earlier she had wandered about the bazaar in hopes of catching Garland on his patrol but it seemed that he was busy elsewhere today. Maybe it was just as well, she could use a break from him. Or at least her pleasure driven and sometimes reckless behaviour when she spent enough time with him. She paused in her walk through the streets of Syliras and then a thought hit her. “I know who I haven’t seen for a while,” she said to herself and a smile spread across her face.

At the first person who seemed even remotely to know where they were headed, the Eypharian gave a small wave to them with a high hand and called out a short, “Hey,” to get their attention. Said man looked to be in his mid-thirties and was heading in the opposite direction as her.

“Do you know where the Mor-chew-ary is?” Sayana asked as she over-emphasized the ‘chew’.

“The wha?” The man replied confused.

“I said the Mortuary. Do you know where it is?” Sayana repeated.

“Oh you mean Li Mauta? Yeah yeah, it’s down by the docks. Just before you get there head down Winthrop Alley. You’ll see a big smokestack. Not hard to miss. But why do you want to go there in the first place?” The man seemed rather puzzled as to why she’d need to visit a place of dead bodies.

“I’m visiting a friend,” she explained cheerfully and then realized the ambiguity of her answer. “I mean, my friend who works there. It’s not like he’s not dead or anything.” Or at least that’s what she believed. She had only met Bakar once before, and during that meeting she had not learned of his undead nature.

“Personally those kinds of places give me the creeps,” the man said with a shake of his head. “That is if you can even stand the fumes. Good luck to ye lady.”

With a smile and a quick word of thanks, the Eypharian headed in the direction he had given her. As she got closer to the docks, the crisp air began to smell of the sea. In the distance she could see the tall ships creaking against the docks and waiting to be loaded or unloaded. “And turn at Winthrop Alley…” she murmured to herself. There was a sign or two, pointing in the right direction, but they escaped her notice and wouldn’t have been very useful to her anyways. She slowed her pace and began glancing around. As promised, the tall dark landmark was easy to spot. “How dreary,” she commented. It was probably just as well that she was coming to visit her friend and maybe brighten his day.

Keeping the tall imposing smokestack clearly in view she headed towards it. On her left and right were various warehouses and stores. Maybe she’d come back another time to explore it some more. It wasn’t often that she came up this way. She passed a store that had some beautiful fabrics and dresses on display and it caught her eye. But she had already decided that she was going to drop by to visit Bakar and she tore her gaze away.

As she neared the landmark, it didn’t get any less imposing. Burning bodies, uggh. Not that it seemed to be spewing out smoke right now, but the thought of it didn’t help. She was almost tempted to go back to that lovely looking clothing store but she wasn’t going to back down now. After all, she’d survived a Zith, what could a bunch of dead bodies do? There seemed to be a large warehouse section of the building, or was it two buildings? She couldn’t quite tell since the smokestack and the warehouse fit well together. Regardless, she found a large door to the building. She glanced around and there didn’t seem to be anyone coming and going. Guess it was best to knock. She reached up and gave the door a loud knock with her mid right. Even someone working near the back of the warehouse would have been able to hear it.

OOCFinally got something written. Don't worry about the length - I was mostly taking my time to properly place Sayana. Also, high five to the BBC code / border. I made up mine pretty recently too.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Bakar on November 4th, 2014, 3:57 am

BANG

Bakar jumped, tossing the scalpel across the room. He cursed. "Great, now you need to get another scalpel. What was that?" He talked to himself, going for the supplies before he realized what it could have been. He stopped in his tracks, hand already reaching for the scalpel. "Th-the door.." He whispered to himself. "Benoit usually gets that.. but he's not here." He cleared his throat and peeled off his gloves. No need to freak out whoever was there with them.

He quickly tidied up and covered the body with a sheet. It felt wrong to leave the man unattended, wide open like that. He squeezed his eyes shut. He was uncomfortable. He was nervous. He was scared. The banging kept coming, but he was pretty sure he was just replaying it in his head. Here, he was in charge. Well, temporarily. This building was his responsibility right now. He would have say over what happened here. The thought of that scared him. He wasn't used to it. He liked being on the sidelines. In the back. Not noticed.

As he reached the front entrance, he started his introduction. "H-hello, th-this is L-Li Mauta. Sy-Sylir-" He stopped. This person was familiar. "S-Sayana. Wh-what are you doing here?" His muscles twitched again. He braced himself, trying to hide it. He nervously stood, confused as to why she was here, now.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Sayana on November 4th, 2014, 11:54 pm

“Oh hi Bakar,” Sayana replied with a smile. “I knew I’d find you here.” She placed a mid hand lightly upon his arm as she slipped past him and through the doorway. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything. Is anyone else around?” She glanced about the warehouse as if to confirm her last question. Unless there was a backroom of sorts, it seemed rather empty. Except for the -uh- … Her eyes fell upon the covered form roughly in the middle of the room. Well what did she expect?

“So this is where you work.” She did a little spin on the spot which flared out her skirt and it was as if she was taking another glance about the place. But in reality it helped clear her thoughts about the doom and gloom of the warehouse.

“After coming all this way to visit you, I think you should give me the grand tour.” She said with a wink. Part of her was quite curious about what he did, though more curious about the man himself. When she had first met him, he had been so quiet and shy but a couple times he had been relaxed enough to practically go on about his whole life story. That was what had drawn her here in the first place, and that she had only gotten a bit of time to talk with him during the busyness of the harvest festival.

Her other reason was that she thought he might enjoy some company. After all, working with the dead all day was bound to get lonely and probably depressing. The thought that Bakar might prefer the quiet and the solitude did not occur to the Eypharian, but in any case here she was.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Bakar on November 7th, 2014, 4:58 pm

"H-hi," Bakar stammered again. The Eypharian pushed past him and made her way to the warehouse in the back. N-no, it's just me here.. b-but I'm not sure you're allowed to be back here.." He said, practically shrinking as time went on, not sure the girl even heard him speak.

"So this is where you work." The girl spun and turned back to him. After coming all this way to visit you, I think you should give me the grand tour." She gave a wink, almost seeming to be completely sure that he'll listen. He probably would. Not because of the winks and smiles. He just had a hard time saying no. He sighed and stepped into the warehouse.

"W-well. You've already seen then entrance. No point in showing you that. O-over there is the incinerator, where I burned my hand." He held it up again, reminding Sanaya about his earlier accident. "I-in the very back is the body storage, held until there's time to examine them or until their burial or, u-uh.. burning. Th-this was is where we do the examinations. He turned back to the old man laying, covered on the table. He had to get back to that soon.

"S-Sayana, I'm really sorry. B-but I have to be getting back to work. I don't mean to kick you out, but I was in the middle of an examination and don't really have time to just chat. M-maybe next time?" He spoke quietly, but loud enough for her to hear. She had no reason for staying here, right? She got the 'tour' crappy as it was. Was there something else she wanted. He shifted nervously, wondering how long Benoit would be.
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Sayana on November 11th, 2014, 5:03 am

“Oh, you’re right in the middle of an examination?” Sayana asked curiously. Any other sane and considerate person might have accepted Bakar’s excuse, but she didn’t come all this way just to be asked to leave. “Are you going to show me what you do then?” The Eypharian curiously moved towards the body covered up on the table. She reached out a hand to delicately lift a corner of the cloth and then wrinkled her nose at both the sight and the smell.

“It’s probably more interesting when you’re doing… what you do,” she concluded and replaced the white sheet that covered the body. “Besides, it’s not like there’s anyone else here. And while you’re at it you could teach me a thing or two.” Her unspoken ‘please’ was clear on her face even if some of her earlier reactions suggested that she was a little uncertain about the dead. Once again, Bakar had unknowingly presented a challenge to her, and she was now determined to at least meet his calm and undisturbed response to the dead bodies in the mortuary.

OOCSorry for the late reply, I was busy all weekend.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on April 6th, 2015, 12:40 pm

Grades are Served

Bakar
Skill XP
Investigation 1
Embalming 1
Observation 3
Medicine 1
Socialization 2

Lores
  • Benoit: Li Muata Owner
  • Investigation: Performing an Autopsy
  • Medicine: Anatomy of the Heart
Extras :
Glad to have you back with us! Just be careful not to give your PC knowledge he might not necessarily have, such as the structure of the heart.

Sayana
Skill XP
Interrogation 1
Land Navigation 1
Observation 1
Flirting 1
Persuasion 1

Lores
  • Dead Bodies Smell Weird
Extras :
As always it's nice to read a thread of yours. Pity this got abandoned since I think it would've been a great thread.

Don't forget to edit or delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)