Award November's Featured Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

November's Featured Thread

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2014, 4:06 pm

L'orlei has selected a featured thread!

Not a happy tale, but not a sad tale either, though I did feel a little sad near the end. This story features Yoona, the mistreated Chaktawe slave, and a drug addicted son of a mighty family, Lucillus Nitrozian, come together in a most unexpected of ways. An unlucky soldier gets a fist in the face, and a bored lawyer gets more excitement than he was expecting that day.. and a kick in the balls.

The thread has a lot of references to Ravokian culture, minor details that only somebody who is in love would Ravok would probably notice, but if I'm being honest with you all, that is what first drew me to the thread. It involves the Ebonstryfe, they actually ride on Ravosala's, and it mentions various location threads and other things familiar to local Ravok players.

Oh.. and the writing was good too.

No, seriously, I thought they both did a great job. The thread was well written and kept me engaged throughout it. The little hints of Luc's insanity, or addiction, or whatever was wrong with him, and the seething rage just below the surface of Yoona's skin. Oh, and the lies. You can't have a Ravok thread without lies. Anyway, this is a terrible review, and I am rambling.. and so, happy medal!

...The End?

Unless I keep rambling.

L'orlei

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Yoona on November 1st, 2014, 6:41 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *flail*

I never in a million years would've imagined I'd get a medal. And that review is marvelous! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!! 8D

And I think Luc's returned, sort of, but I'll screech thank you on his behalf, too! X3
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Daegron on November 2nd, 2014, 4:35 am

Awesome work !

Excellent thread you guys ! Well deserved !

Now, let's drag Luc back in Ravok and make him suffer !

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Inoadar on November 3rd, 2014, 10:23 pm

Gratz-a-mundo, Yoona! :D
Ravok rules, Syliras drools.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)