Stange Streets and Strangers (Keres, Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Shakaar on October 24th, 2010, 4:41 am

Shakaar
The 54th of Fall 510 AV

Shakaar was bored. Not only was he bored, but he also had little prospect of having anything useful to do in the near future. So he walked. He walked for hours up and down the alleys, and roads near the pit. He watched thieves bumbling around in an attempt to carry away others goods. Some were successful, others would do well to join a circus. They were talented at being loud, obnoxious, and utterly unsuccessful. But what did he care... it wasn't as if he had anything of value. Nor had any being in the town given him anything. Why should he then alert them to the assault of a thief?

So he continued his meandering walk. Never daring to go more then a mile away from the pits. For fear of the Bull, and his cronies. Shakaar felt the urge to fight, he wanted to feel flesh bend beneath his blows. He wanted it. But he didn't want to go back to the ring, just to kill. He wanted a spar, a good healthy spar. One that would exercise him, but not leave his opponent slain... laying in a pool of blood upon the ground.

However he didn't know anyone in the city except his master, and Verduth. A little clay man, who was certainly not fit for a spar. Not to mention the fact that Shakaar had no idea where Verduth was staying. So his prospects of a good spar were little to non existent. "You could always ruff up a few of the bums" suggested Ahajji. Shakaar merely shook his head, and continued to pace.
Last edited by Shakaar on October 25th, 2010, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Keres on October 24th, 2010, 5:18 am

After becoming comfortable with so many people around him so often, Keres had taken to wandering the streets of the city from time to time just to watch what people did. The more he watched these people the more he found disparity between this city and the only other city that he had even known, Wind Reach. Which one is the oddity, he would often wonder as watched these people behaving in ways that would have lead to deadly duals were they Inarta.

On this day, he also chose to do something that he would have though to be rather dangerous. Today, he walked with two of the wooden practice swords that he had been familiarizing himself with tied onto either side of his belt. He wanted to know the feel of walking with a sword, but had no sword to try it out with, and since walking around armed didn't seem to be a problem in this city, he only seemed odd because his swords were wooden. None the less, he found every excuse to pull his cloak over them so as not to advertise.

Keres simply walked along in that way, exploring the city and watching the people move. If what Verduth had in mind was going to work, Keres would need to put his reservations about humans behind him and socialize with these people more. But how to start with these strangers who spoke that language that was so strange to Keres?

After a while, in an area that he did not know, Keres noticed another wanderer: another man of the likes that Keres had not seen before. This blue skinned man was obviously some sort of athlete, but what sort, he had no idea. Keres considered him for a moment, then the idea struck him, What would Verduth do? Verduth would just walk up to the man and greet the man, Keres though to himself.

As he approached the blue man, Keres considered this thought more carefully. Where Verduth would likely say something like “Wow, you're blue,” Keres didn't see that working well for him. So he chose something that seemed more safe.

“Greetings.” Well, when you don't know what to say, just start simple.
Keres
Circus Co-Organizer

Words: 35184
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2010, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on October 25th, 2010, 12:44 am

Shakaar
After several hours of wandering the streets watching people. Shakkar's thoughts were interrupted by a simple, and quite abrupt statement. He turned to look at the man who greeted him. Hearing Ahajji mutter "What in the petching world does he want?". Ignoring him Shakaar who at this point was ready for any distraction responded to the man. Who seemed uncomfortable to say the least. Shakaar couldn't place his race either, but he shoved that aside in favor of a hesitant response.

" Hello..." "I see your carrying training swords. Are you giving lessons?"
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on December 6th, 2010, 2:19 am

Thread Award!
Shakaar

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1 Basic observations of surroundings

Lore
N/A

Keres

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
N/A N/A Nothing performed worthy of awarding

Lore
N/A
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook