PM to join [Inner Eye]How's My Future Coming? [Eselle]

Still long and prosperous I hope!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Inner Eye]How's My Future Coming? [Eselle]

Postby Shane Wallsly on November 1st, 2014, 6:55 pm

Timestamp: 51st of Summer 514 AV

Shane woke up from one of the best sleeps he'd had in ages. Rivwerfall really was doing right by him. He didn't know what caused it but since he had arrived in the city he had been feeling good. Something in the wind made him feel more carefree than he'd ever felt in years. The ever present sun lifted his spirits to new places of elation. He was feeling great. So great he didn't even bother to put his coat on before he left for the streets of Riverfall. He just wore his plain blue shirt and his average old trousers. His pockets laden down with gold Mizas and a giant smile on his face.

He walked through the part of the city with all the shops and peered into their windows curiously as he passed them. He flipped a small child a gold coin just because they seemed kind of sad and somehow ended up hugging some Akalak for a reason that later escaped him. The sun was shining. People were happy. Life was good. It was in this vein that caused him to eventually stop when he came across the Inner Eye. A fortune telling shop. It brought a grin to his face. He'd spent all of his Summer reading fortunes. He suddenly felt like seeing what that would be like in reverse. Without any more thought he pulled open the door and stepped into the serene little shop.

“Howdy, folks. How's the future coming?” He said with great mirth and a little chuckle to whomever it was standing behind the counter. “My name's Shane but I didn't have to tell you that of course. I was quite wondering if I could get some kind of reading. See I've been having a great day today and I was just wondering if perhaps I could have some more great days and mabe even a few good ones and as little bad ones as possible I hope. I'm sure you know what I mean.” He told the person reaching deep into his pockets and placing a small mound of gold coins on the counter in a very haphazard and scatter little pile.

“Do you think that's enough?”
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Eselle on November 4th, 2014, 6:16 am

Dusting again. Cleaning the display shelves for Dandi’s pieces of fortune telling art. Each of the decks and runes were secured away. The Konti had just moved on to the front when Shane pranced in. Cobalt eyes followed him, wide in surprise. The pile of coins he produced was outrageous but only moderately more than his thoughts on fortune telling. Eselle took the five mizas off the pile and refused to touch the rest of them.

Light rarely escaped into the shop regardless of the time of day. It was lit by optimistically glowing candles but they were strategically placed to feel comfortable not malevolent. The Konti’s white boots stood out even in the dim room as she tapped around the table to greet the customer.

She eyed him critically, “Five chips are more than enough for a fortune, Shane.” A thick accent trailed on the tip of the tongue, wispy and far off; Muran for the worldly. A hand motion to follow and the Seer lead to the alcove where fortunes were read for patrons. “Please have a seat. I am Eselle. I must tell you, a fortune cannot change the future, it’s can only help see it.”

Curiosity overcame better etiquette. As the cards shuffled to a steady unheard beat, Eselle asked, “Are you a businessman? People do not usually offer coin that way.” With concise intention she placed the deck on the middle of the table. “Would you please split the deck?”

With an elbow propped on the table, she leaned to rest her cheek on her hand. “Would you like a cup of tea while you visit? Readings are not quick and you paid for one of the larger spreads.”
Eselle
Fortune Teller

Words: 48492
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shane Wallsly on November 8th, 2014, 1:49 am

She answered with a thick accent Shane didn't recognise. She was a little blunt but thisjust made Shane smile amusedly as he pocketed the rest of his coins. On another day he might have questioned why someone would turn down extra coin but, on that day, Shane wouldn't have offered it anyway.

Shane followed her as instructed. She lead him into a comfortable little alcove and told him to sit. “Hello then, Eselle. It's nice to meet you.” He replied pleasently with a genuine smile. It was nice to meet her. It just was. “Of course, of course.” He answered to her wording. “I just want to know what's going on over there. I've heard it said, though, that knowing the future is oftentimes more harmful to it than not.

Shane laughed when she asked the question. “Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you...” He assured her “Something's just been on my mind a bit since I entered the shop. I never read the cards or stared into anyone's palms but a lot of people considered me a fortuneteller where I came from. I don't know if you've ever heard of the magical discipline of Auristics but I worked as an Aurist in Syliras for a season. A lot of people thought that Auristics was fortunetelling. It isn't. No, not in the slightest. It allows you to see what is there.. In the here and now. Not what it will be.” Shane had almost forgotten that he was speaking to another when he came to his final sentence. However while taking a wistful sigh he saw and remembered and his lips curled into a smile. “Oh, I'm sorry.” He said in a dreamy kind of voice “I'm sure you don't want to here all about a young, Syliran Aurist.

Tea? How long will that take? I'd like to get into it as soon as possible.” Shane had heard of tea before but he'd never dunken it. He had, on one occasion, tried coffee. That had almost ended in disaster. Shane might have, on normal days, been a bit of a gloom person but he certainly didn't need any more energy. It just served to heighten his nerves and cause his mouth to overflow with words. He didn't think that tea could do him any harm though. He had heard it was much milder than coffee. “Well, give me some anyway actually. The future will still be here when the tea's ready. It'll give you some time to tell me a bit more about yourself. I'm sure nobody ever asks about your future, Eselle, or of your past and present either. I do hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I am curious to a fault in many ways.
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)