Closed Can you read my future? (Eselle)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Can you read my future? (Eselle)

Postby Evalin on November 6th, 2014, 12:36 am

73rd of Fall, 514 AV

"Whisper soft and low oh spirit of my own design, come forth and make peace with this world of tragedy..." Evalin whispered under her breath, her eyes locked on the tiny stone that rested in her cupped palms, "Hear she who calls and bring forth your protection upon this fragile creature." She breathed in deep, pulling at the power within her to build and collect in the back of her throat. She tried to imagine something strong, something protective as she build up the djed in her esophagus, giving it purpose, a task to which to complete. Pursing her lips she blue gently over the stone, and from her throat came a soft billowing cloud a muted gray color that splattered against her skin and began to surround and coat the stone.

Closing her lips Evalin closed off the flow, letting the remaining djed return once more to circulation within her form as she began to gently roll the stone between her hands, "Evenly disperse your will over this being and let them be shielded from a world most cruel and heartless." Her hands closed around the stone as she began to kneed and smooth the shield as it was formed around the object. Her thumbs carefully worked out any lumps she could find, though as hard as she tried she could not seem to make the creation perfectly proportioned all the way around.

Suddenly Evalin felt a jerk on her arm, almost causing her to fall were it not for a set of arms that kept her up. Evalin frowned and looked up at the face that looked down at her, "Mind you what you do for you nearly caused me to stumble and shame myself."

The man he held her raised an eyebrow, looking down at Evalin with eyes a solid blue color that reflected the nuit's features back at her. His hair was a mess of black, and his robes and cloak were identical to Evalin's own. Tsenrika shrugged and helped the Immortal stand on her own once more, "You should know better than to practice the arts while walking. Were it not for me you would have found yourself colliding with bodies of others far more unforgiving than I."

Blinking slowly Evalin looked down at the rock that was still safely in her hands, holding it up for Tsenrika to see, pausing short to hold it just under his nose, "See you this? It is of the utmost importance and required all of your Master's attention, thus I could not be so concerned as to where I was walking. Thus it was your responsibility to keep this one from stumbling."

The Familiar picked up the stone from Evalin's palm, tilting his head as he examined it, "The shield is uneven."

Snatching the stone back Evalin frowned, "Of this I already know. Were it not for your interruptions it would have come about much better." She said this in a very much matter of fact way, and quickly she stowed the rock into a pocket of her robes and extended her hand once more, "Here now, my staff."

Without question the Familiar handed the intricately carved staff back to his master, who only then took the time to look about her, "Where is it you have brought us?" Evalin squinted up at the sky, looking on as the blue was quickly becoming awash with reds and yellows as the day began to give way to the coming night.

"Somewhere near the south wall. I paid little attention to the direction of the aimless wandering." Though he did not out right say it, his tone spoke volumes of how he felt it was surely the Nuit's fault that they were where they were now, but of course this was completely ignored as Evalin leaned on her staff, her eyes catching on a building that drew her interest.

It was a small shop, almost unassuming but something about it made the Immortal pause in thought. Glancing sideways Evalin waved her hand in its direction, "Look there, what is this place?"

"The Inner Eye." Tsenrika stated, reading the sign.

With a mild bit of annoyance Evalin walked closer, examining the building more carefully before coming to a decision. Raising her hand out to her side Evailn snapped her fingers, holding her palm up. Tsenrika responded immediately, his current form shimmering and nearly shattering to be replaced by a floating orb that came to hover over Evalin's palm, "Be sealed, but be watchful my dear Tsenrika."

"As my master commands." His form shimmered once more, and where the orb floated now fell a pendent made of ice into the nuit's outstretched palm. She carefully lifted the pendent and hung it around her neck, one hand coming to brush it gently as she began forward, her staff clacking on the stones as she walked. Then, without hesitation, the Immortal opened the door and entered the shop that had so enraptured her.

This day Evalin had decided to wear her adult form, and thus she stood at about 5'6, frame thin and delicate. With her hood down her hair fell to the middle of her back, straight with a subtle hint of red highlights. Her skin was pale as one who had never seen the sun, but her eyes were the color of freshly spilled blood. Robes and cloak both were a dark black, slightly travel worn but in good enough condition. She wore a ring of what appeared to be bone on her right ring finger, the same hand that held her staff which she now grasped with two hands as she looked about the small shop. Around her neck were two scarves, simple, yet each had what looked like a carved wooden snake head on their ends with gems for eyes.

It took a tick for her eyes to adjust to the suddenly dim lights, but as they did Evalin found herself curious about the items which were held within this shop. Cards with beautiful pictures of various kinds set up into decks on display, sticks and stones with strange glyph carvings, curtains and beads and candles lit all gave this place an air of mystery, one that awakened a deep curiosity in the nuit. Coming farther in Evalin ran her fingers along the edge of the counter, her long black nails clacking against the wood as her eyes roamed over the sights, not quite sure where she found herself.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eselle on November 7th, 2014, 10:58 pm

The Konti sat in the alcove used for tellings. She was alone and the cleaning was done for the day, so the Seer took the time to learn more about the craft. In front of her were a set of runestones, they weren’t especially decorative. She had a chosen one of Dandi’s sets for sale, to test. She had even thrown them, just lined them up and tried to glean meaning from the runes. The majority of fortune telling was perception and how the individual understood and interacted with that perception.

Just as one rune began to take a meaning, a triple-lined affair the front door of the shop opened. The candle’s fluttered at the sudden influx of air .Eselle shifted, ready to greet the customer when the world froze. All once a twist of forces took her in two directions. Her Konti gift called her forward, towards the woman and her walking staff. Her curiosity over her pallor even more so. Still there was this feeling, like a hand over her heart that said stay back, crawl behind the alcove's curtain and hide until she left. The choice was there, cower or…

Before she could finish the thought the Konti stood abruptly and walked over to the woman. In the dim light, the scarlet eyes were yet again intensified but she met with a steady cobalt gaze, even if her pulse hammered under her scales. Pushing brilliantly blonde hair behind an ear, the Konti offered a hand to the pallid customer. It was not a gestured she normally employed, because she always asked before she looked into a person. For Eselle she only used her Divination when in physical contact with a person, it was what helped her block out uninvoked seeings. This was a simple handshake though, she wanted to best her fear and prove it unwarranted. “Welcome to the Inner Eye. I am Eselle, what answers are you seeking this autumn night?” Her accent rolled heavy from her Muran upbringing.

As mysterious as her surroundings were, the Konti was were the mystique needed. She wore white leather riding boots, black pants and loose periwinkle blouse. Nothing about her inspired the supernatural sight of a Seer. The contrast between the Konti and surroundings had never once bothered her. Any number of things caused the ethereal woman’s confidence to falter but her sight was not under scrutiny when it involved others. Comprehending the signs had been difficult this season but the seer’s lily still graced her side and that was proof enough.
Eselle
Fortune Teller

Words: 48492
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 12th, 2014, 5:22 am

It was an odd shop, curious in its novelty so completely different than any place Evalin had come to before. What irony it was that the Immortal found herself in this place at all, for had she been of her right mind she would have called forth the deepest loathing toward this place and its faith in Fate's predictability. Yet such thoughts did not cross her mind, for as it was the pieces had not yet clicked into place. If they did who was to say what she might think?

Staring around Evalin clicked her fingernails on the glass displace, running thin fingers along shelves and lightly touching this and that which caught her interest. Engrossed was she that the sudden movement of the current and the sound of footsteps were somewhat of a surprise, like she did not really expect there to be anyone else in the room with her. Yet as if from no where a woman appeared, a beautiful woman with beautiful hair and beautiful eyes. Beauty, so opposite the Immortal that stood before her. She charged forward, so fearless like she was running down a criminal or coming to the aid of a dear friend. Her hand outstretched in such a forward expression that at first Evalin was caught quite off guard. So much so that it took a tick for her to catch the words that were spoken to her.

Blinking, remaining silent for several ticks more Evailn looked at the outstretched hand, and then her eyes roamed over the woman herself, taking in her hair and eyes of cobalt. There were lines of scales, and when paired with the woman's other features the Immortal could tell of her origins of the Isle of Mura, home of the Konti.

Finally Evalin shifted her staff so that it rested on her shoulder, fingers wrapping around the wood protectively as her other hand extended and wrapped long fingers around the woman's in a light greeting, "Good tidings to you child of Mura. I am known as Evalin, and what makes you believe I come seeking anything at all?"
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)