Flashback [Fighter's Pit] How do I use a sword?

(Aventis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's Pit] How do I use a sword?

Postby Athaera on November 8th, 2014, 3:18 pm

31st of Spring, 514 AV
Athaera tossed A few Mizas on the table of the Rearing Stallion as she left, brushing her hair out of her eyes. Stepping out of the door, the vantha was glad she'd quenched her morning hunger. She didn't have much to do that day, and decided to just spend her time in leisure. A small thought gnawed at the back of her mind. Sword... Right. She'd wanted to learn how to use a sword. The vantha had heard something about a fighter's pit. Anth-- Anthonius? Either way, she could try to find it. She had the whole day to learn. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, the Vantha set out, winding through streets and backtracking. It probably didn't help that she had no idea what it looked like.

But she continued on. Not being the type to ask for directions, Athaera kept walking, clueless. Finally, she leaned against a wall, taking a deep breath. You had to have passed by it at some point. She decided to backtrack, retracing her footsteps through the city. This was going to be a long day...
Last edited by Athaera on November 9th, 2014, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on November 8th, 2014, 5:20 pm

31st of Autumn, 514 AV

OOCHope you don't mind the lack of exposition. I wasn't quite sure of what to do so I just introduced myself and the setting.

The newly appointed squire floated outside the Anthonius Fighter's Pits, often choosing to train here rather than the 'grounds because of the diversity of talent. Aventis, cloak over his arms and rapier ever at hand, watched the people passing by, waiting for an opponent. The pits were rather busy, not so much so that Aventis was lost, but enough s that the pained and hurting grunts of the hard working and the wounded filled his ears. It was a good day to fight.

Aventis pushed himself off from the wall on which he leaned on, walking around the general perimeter, scoping out opponents. They were strong, knowledgeable in their fields. For the most part. There were always a few stragglers that came here to learn, or to improve, who needed it much much more than those that had already begun fighting with the others.

Aventis, feeling need to watch, stopped again at a new position, eyeing the possibilities, anxious for something, anything. Waiting for fate to choose for him.

Aventis

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Athaera on November 9th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Athaera finally decided to ask. She was tired of wandering around like a lost child. A woman stood nearby, and she quickly tapped her on the shoulder. "Excuse me? You don't know where the Fighter's pit is, do you?" The woman simply extended her arm down the street and then angled her hand to the right. "Thank you," the vantha said before running down the street. The annoyed red in her eyes was replaced with an excited green, she was finally going to learn how to use a sword! Her excitement was uncanny, and illogical, but she kept running. This, of course, only lasted for a few steps, as she was wearing her cloak, and it was a hot day. Athaera continued to walk quickly, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

The vantha quickly found the pit, a courtyard with sweaty, shirtless men, and the occasional woman. grunts of effort resounded through the pit, and Athaera saw a man standing alone. He had brown hair and a slightly crooked nose, along with a scar on the side of his face. He seemed as reasonable a person as any, and she decided to approach him. A tap on his shoulder and a short sentence of, "Excuse me?" ensued. "I'm not very experienced... and, uh..." Cmon, Athaera, get it together! "I was uh... I was wondering if you could help me out?" She had just arrived to the city, and was trying to understand the concept of "talking to humans" again.
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on December 2nd, 2014, 8:35 pm

When the girl approached him, Aventis was a bit surprised. He didn’t much know what to do. He wasn’t much of a fighter and the girl’s request came at a time a bit unexpected. He wrapped his cloak around him tighter with the arms he had concealed, gulping his anxiety. He wasn’t much for conventional rhetoric and the situation was confusing and intimidating. His face flushed and beit the inside of his cheeks nervously. “You… Want me to help you?” He asked the girl, gripping the hilt of his blade.

He nodded without even a hint of confidence, pointing to the weapons rack where the girl could find a sword. “Just… Pick a rapier. That’s the only way I can teach you anything.” He mentioned, nearly inaudible, before walking with shaky knees to a quiet spot in the pits, drawing his sword, careful to keep his cloak wrapped taut around his torso. “Just… Tell me when you’re ready.”

Aventis

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nivel on January 6th, 2015, 4:07 am

Aventis :
XP Award:
  • 1 Rhetoric
  • 2 Observation
  • 1 Teaching
Lore:
  • A Girl asked to fight
Notes: Wow there was like almost nothing I could give you, I know you didn't really teach her...but I gave you points anyway...because you were about to...and...um yah take the one point in teaching and shush.
Athaera :
XP Award:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Lore:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Notes: I'll fill this out when you get your CS up to date.

Additional Comments: This was short..tisk tisk Athaera

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1